Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The only things I’ve heard about Tucker since he got axed by Fox is that he was on Twitter and now he’s starting his own thing

He was constantly in the news when he was on Fox News, by comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

The only things I’ve heard about Tucker since he got axed by Fox is that he was on Twitter and now he’s starting his own thing

I no longer hear of his latest attrocity, except here. This is the fish sauce of the political internet, though.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Somehow, I still know exactly what expression his face is making at this very moment, though.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Jesus III posted:

I no longer hear of his latest attrocity, except here. This is the fish sauce of the political internet, though.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this analogy. It feels resonant, but I can't explain why.

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

Neito posted:

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this analogy. It feels resonant, but I can't explain why.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Fish sauce is super concentrated and stinky

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
It's also delicious and improves anything it's added to

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Rudy in court now for the 2 ladies he claimed were passing flash drives (and not candy) and stealing the election who were then subsequently harassed by MAGA.
Nothing exciting happening, Rudy seems to be zombie like and didnt even rise for the judge.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1734204422702395442

Reuters was there with video outside, but no one showed up to protest or anything.
Nobody cares about Rudy anymore.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I imagine he was already at least half in the bag

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s an interesting turn where right-wing freaks just turn toward attacking the judge directly as carrying out a conspiracy against them. I feel like they used to follow their lawyers’ advice much more reliably.

Rudy is probably afraid of dying from the dts if he gets put in jail for more than a few days. He was already drunk for pre-noon public appearances in 2021.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

AtomikKrab posted:

Trump effectively took over and gutted the RNC to his own usage.
Clinton kinda did the same thing with the DNC.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah but at least at one point the RNC was paying Trump’s legal bills

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Jesus III posted:

Fish sauce is super concentrated and stinky

i have to be reminded that fish sauce is horrifically potent to most people who didn't grow up with it all around them. usually by starting to cook with it and realizing i'm surrounded by children pantomiming dying of gross

FlamingLiberal posted:

I appreciate that he's fallen in influence as hard as he has. I typically only hear about him if he's going out of his way to platform someone odious enough to pull attention back to him, but now it's just heavy pickme energy where the only thing that's actually interesting is the resonantly awful person that got brought in to talk. Tucker himself is just the afterthought now, and there's some justice in that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It’s almost the exact same thing that happened when Glenn Beck left Fox. He went off to The Blaze and for the most part people stopped talking about him

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Halloween Jack posted:

Clinton kinda did the same thing with the DNC.
Sweet, maybe we'll get some fresh new progressive blood to swoop in and wreck up the DNC once the Gates-Soros microchips activate and kill everyone over the age of sixty since they're going to need to be all dead before that happens

Wait what do you mean we didn't actually do that damnit these global elites had ONE JOB for all of 2020

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 11, 2023

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Same with Bill O'Reilly. Only peep I've heard from him in 5 years is that he's occasionally a guest on Hannity's radio show hawking another "Killing __________" book.

Predictably, there's been a lot of discussion about the Hunter Biden indictments in RWM circles.

Some guy I just heard being interviewed even made an effort to point out that he's being indicted by "The BIDEN Justice Department" so that means it's credible, which got me to thinking. They've been hemming and hawing about TBJD/DoJ for a while now - at least since Trump and the 1/6 crowd started catching charges - and have been going on and on about the weaponized DoJ and the Deep State plot to crush Trump.

But...this same justice department just indicted the president's own SON?

So how do they conflate these two contradictory opinions where it was The Deep State and Biden ordering the DoJ to shut down the MAGA Movement but now proffer that the same entity's indictment of Hunter lends it legitimacy? I know the answer is "they can't and don't really care" but I'm trying to imagine a Trump run DoJ bringing charges on DT Jr or Eric.

I wasn't able to listen to the whole interview but I kinda doubt they got into any Deep State or weaponized justice talk.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Islamic Shock posted:

Sweet, maybe we'll get some fresh new progressive blood to swoop in and wreck up the DNC once the Gates-Soros microchips activate and kill everyone over the age of sixty since they're going to need to be all dead before that happens
As near as I can tell, the purpose of the DNC is to raise money and then spend that money on television ads that don't have any effect on anything. I would recommend bypassing the DNC entirely instead of taking it over.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Halloween Jack posted:

As near as I can tell, the purpose of the DNC is to raise money and then spend that money on television ads that don't have any effect on anything. I would recommend bypassing the DNC entirely instead of taking it over.
You mean get elected as a third-party candidate for the first time ever (for President anyway) or go through the courts to get your name on the ballot as a Dem? You are of course right about what they do.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Kavros posted:

i have to be reminded that fish sauce is horrifically potent to most people who didn't grow up with it all around them. usually by starting to cook with it and realizing i'm surrounded by children pantomiming dying of gross

I appreciate that he's fallen in influence as hard as he has. I typically only hear about him if he's going out of his way to platform someone odious enough to pull attention back to him, but now it's just heavy pickme energy where the only thing that's actually interesting is the resonantly awful person that got brought in to talk. Tucker himself is just the afterthought now, and there's some justice in that.

I didn't grow up with it and I don't find it very stinky. Dry-frying shrimp paste, now that's stinky.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Rudy just sittin and sippin off his wine filled camelbak.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1734301925221249177

Main problem is that he will likely never have anywhere near that amount of money for the rest of his life after all the lawsuits.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 11, 2023

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

OgNar posted:

Rudy just sittin and sippin off his wine filled camelbak.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1734301925221249177

Main problem is that he will likely never have anywhere near that amount of money for the rest of his life after all the lawsuits.

I'm easily confused and I don't understand these things. Like, with Alex Jones...he lost all that poo poo and couldn't go bankrupt right? So like... how come he isn't living in a garbage can? He appears to be fairly wealthy still.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I'm easily confused and I don't understand these things. Like, with Alex Jones...he lost all that poo poo and couldn't go bankrupt right? So like... how come he isn't living in a garbage can? He appears to be fairly wealthy still.

He's still wrangling with the bankruptcy courts and filing go-nowhere-but-waste-time appeals on his default judgements, plus has hidden a ton of money in places where it's obviously still his but legally slow to get away from him/his proxies.

I agree he belongs in a garbage can, because he's trash.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

:tinfoil:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

BiggerBoat posted:

So how do they conflate these two contradictory opinions where it was The Deep State and Biden ordering the DoJ to shut down the MAGA Movement but now proffer that the same entity's indictment of Hunter lends it legitimacy? I know the answer is "they can't and don't really care" but I'm trying to imagine a Trump run DoJ bringing charges on DT Jr or Eric.

They're saying that the DoJ indicting Hunter is protecting Joe because now Hunter can't be forced to testify before Congress since the indictment supersedes everything else.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
I think a pretty good way of pointing out the shifting of the Overton Window is looking at who's resisted the shift. Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney, John McCain and to a small extent Mitch McConnell. A former Republican Vice President's daughter, both of their candidates for President before Trump and a leader of the Senate since forever. All shitheads who, at the time, were who the voters and leaders of the party both chose to be shining examples of their values.

I know a key right-wing tactic is to pretend whoever they like or dislike at the moment have been good or bad since the beginning of time but considering how many times they've run that play and the people they've run it on you'd think a few of them would notice by now

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

...! posted:

They're saying that the DoJ indicting Hunter is protecting Joe because now Hunter can't be forced to testify before Congress since the indictment supersedes everything else.

Ok. But Hunter offered to testify

https://apnews.com/article/hunter-b...r%20reelection.

and the GOP said no.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-11-28/hunter-biden-offers-to-testify-publicly-on-gop-accusations

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 12, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yes but you see that was also a trick by Hunter

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Fascists lying and being hypocrites? This is a shocking turn of affairs.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

In that same fashion, they want to impeach Biden but voted against open and transparent hearings.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1734611898413482051

Also, buy 47 digital Trump cards and get a free piece of the Shroud of Turin a piece of the suit Trump wore to the mugshot.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1734619392481096003

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
They refused Hunter's testimony, don't want transparency and call a bill that makes voting as easy as possible a power grab. Gee it's almost like a political party would only take these positions if they can only survive by being disingenuous all the time

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

The Islamic Shock posted:

They refused Hunter's testimony, don't want transparency and call a bill that makes voting as easy as possible a power grab. Gee it's almost like a political party would only take these positions if they can only survive by being disingenuous all the time

Hrm, yes, I suppose, but have you considered that they might lower my taxes, and therefore we should give them all of the power they want?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

skeleton warrior posted:

Hrm, yes, I suppose, but have you considered that they might lower my taxes, and therefore we should give them all of the power they want?
I'd have a great response to that if I weren't a straight white male Protestant

(since as you have illuminated, perceived self-interest is the only valid reason to vote for someone)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1734570122906419375?t=O7jWXLiikyCccs6qhk1-rw&s=19

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I don't think Tim knows how health insurance companies work

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
tbf most people dont know how insurance in general works.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
tbf Tim doesn't know how most things in general work.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
This is what right wingers actually believe these days
https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1734557640733196693?t=Sz6Wwg3H--haCgLmGZYWLA&s=19

quote:

In case you’re wondering why most people get dumber the longer they stay in school …

Age 4-18 … woke Government schools.

Age 18-22 … liberal brainwashing institutions (college)

Age 22-26 … more liberal brainwashing institutions for a higher degree.

Age 27 … a woke brainwashed, useful government idiot with no real world experience - all worthless theories, arrogant programmed responses, zero common sense, and totally useless.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The phrase "worthless theories, arrogant programmed responses, zero common sense" describes most right wingers at this point, it's always projection.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
I'd never actually listen to it because I'm not that much of a masochist, but Grant Stinchfield's latest podcast description says that the left "relies on political payoffs and hate" and yep sure buddy now tell me about why I should vote for the guy vowing to pardon the people who rioted to keep him in office and is cozying up to lobbying groups trying to make being trans illegal. I'm sure it'll be enlightening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

skeleton warrior posted:

This is literally what my dad said to me about a year ago, almost verbatim. Nothing else matters, just the potential for lower taxes (that will never happen since he's not a megacorporation).