Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This is apparently the deal between the Yankees and Dodgers

https://twitter.com/alden_gonzalez/status/1734236536978489399?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Jorbit Vivas

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Weird trade!!!

Another first round pick who will have no impact on the Yankee team though.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

tadashi posted:

I can't wait for the Cubs to bring Bauer back from overseas.

Someone needs to make an animated smiley where the W gets lowered lol.

If they miss out on all the good free agent pitchers and do this I will become the joker

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Poque posted:

Jorbit Vivas

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ah, our mascot's brother.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

Someday a team will learn not to rent Rays pitchers but until that day I will laugh all the way to the Wild Card game and no further.

Lol

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I have no idea who Jorbit Vivas is, but farewell to Victor Gonzalez who pitched some really important innings in the 2020 postseason.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Well Played Mauer posted:

Oh yeah I’d much rather be Ohtani than a pacific island nation midway between Hawaii and Australia that makes most of its money selling fishing licenses.

Don't forget their income for issuing .tv websites!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD4hxKkqR4E&t=551s

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That the country that came up on Tradle a few months ago and the biggest export was tugboats? fe: yes it is

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd rather be the island, if only to own John Donne.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I think I would enjoy being Shohei Ohanti, the greatest baseball player to ever live and also a Los Angeles Dodger

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Poque posted:

Jorbit Vivas

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

bawfuls posted:

I think I would enjoy being Shohei Ohanti, the greatest baseball player to ever live and also a Los Angeles Dodger

Idk Mad Dog just told me that Babe Ruth was 10x the player Ohtani will ever be and he's a bastion of truth

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I like it when American sports gain such worldwide appeal that the best players in our leagues come from other countries. The NBA MVP hasn't been won by an American since 2018 and that's good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joel embiid is American

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

American born, I should say, but you know what I'm talking about

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Someone's gonna need to comfort RD when Rose becomes the only eligible NBA MVP to ever not get into the HOF

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

Someone's gonna need to comfort RD when Rose becomes the only eligible NBA MVP to ever not get into the HOF

He still might lol

https://twitter.com/StevePhillipsGM/status/1734180813640528180

Mmmmm, no I don't think so.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Is that his real account?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Remember when Steve Phillips got on ESPN and pretended to be the GM for each team, standing on a podium and everythign making announcements (or maybe it was mlb network)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

I don't care about Derrick Rose being in the hall of fame. Put in Luol Deng.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is that his real account?

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1734280169505055210

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I just remember Phillips being an awful GM

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't care about Derrick Rose being in the hall of fame. Put in Joachim Noah.

Fixed it for you.

I’m honestly wondering what the Jays do? Run it back with the same guys and hope not giving Manoah a ton of leash and maybe Ricky Tiedermann becomes an ace?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Isentropy posted:

I’m honestly wondering what the Jays do? Run it back with the same guys and hope not giving Manoah a ton of leash and maybe Ricky Tiedermann becomes an ace?

They could certainly use another starter as an upgrade but who knows, they have some holes to fill. Maybe they sign someone like Hoskins? Soler? Bellinger? Hell maybe they try to bring back Teo or Gurriel, I read some takes that they should try to get the White Sox to trade Luis Robert Jr. but I'm not sure what the Jays could offer. At this point I'm feeling like they're going to be a team that barely scrapes into the WC again

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

They could certainly use another starter as an upgrade but who knows, they have some holes to fill. Maybe they sign someone like Hoskins? Soler? Bellinger? Hell maybe they try to bring back Teo or Gurriel, I read some takes that they should try to get the White Sox to trade Luis Robert Jr. but I'm not sure what the Jays could offer. At this point I'm feeling like they're going to be a team that barely scrapes into the WC again

It sounds defeatist/lame to say this but “Manoah is the fifth starter/no longer playing” is probably the biggest improvement this team will make

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Isentropy posted:

It sounds defeatist/lame to say this but “Manoah is the fifth starter/no longer playing” is probably the biggest improvement this team will make

"The state of no longer having Maldonado" was listed on our ZIPS WAR prediction depth chart

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Poque posted:

Jorbit Vivas

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I think the Bonilla thing was a Wilpon order, so Phillips shouldn't get flack for that decision

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jorbit Vivas

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

joachim noah

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I can't believe the Dodgers haven't signed Yamamoto yet, what a disappointing offseason

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Meanwhile the Brewers are whistling to themselves, waiting patiently for the deluge of calls on Corbin Burnes that will begin 10 minutes after Yamamoto signs.

See also: Blake Snell, agent of

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

mdemone posted:

I'm trying very hard. I don't know if I'm strong enough. I think I would rather just retreat into my shell and never watch baseball again.

I watched angels games last season and I wouldn’t wish such a plague on my worst enemy. By the end of the season I was cheering on ohtani starts where he pitched brilliantly and hit a couple of homers only for bullpen/rest of the lineup to gently caress it up around him because it would increase his chances of both a) getting paid in the offseason and b) not be on the loving Angels any more. I don’t care if he never makes or wins a WS, just give him a loving chance to play actual postseason baseball for gently caress’s sake.

I would have rooted for literally any team that signed him. Any of them. The Angels might not be the worst team in baseball but they’re by far the most ineptly run, and I’m just glad he has a legit shot at playing games that matter now.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://x.com/aguilascibaenas/status/1734014317488431180?s=20

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That's my third baseman!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Popete posted:

That's my designated hitter!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Intruder posted:

Rose is a giant piece of poo poo so why would RD care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

tadashi posted:

I can't wait for the Cubs to bring Bauer back from overseas.

Someone needs to make an animated smiley where the W gets lowered lol.

If the Cubs bring in Bauer then I’m going to have to beg Bawfuls for forgiveness and become a Dodgers fan, because gently caress that, even the Dodgers effectively rid themselves of him.