Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It is kinda fun to think about how much louder the crowd was for Bad Bunny's San Juan Street Fight entrance than anything else in the last 5 years, and how much louder Taylor's entrance would be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don’t think that’s fun in any way

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Taylor Swift vs. Charlotte at WM, you heard it here first folks

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Taylor Swift is THE celebrity right now. She's been knocking it out of the park lately.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The only thing mildly annoying ever in the wwe thread to me is

*massive post with detailed information about why the shows are bad and also if you watch them you’re a bad person*

followed by “but I don’t and have never watched WWE”
Like alright, I was worried because of how detailed you were you were a CHUDmoney Fed shill but thank you for confirming you don’t watch, and it’s just the WWE network 24/7 stream in your head, up next Wrestlemania 9.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

You don't have to watch WWE to know it's bad

You just have to watch the clips and read what happened

Wait I mean DID. THAT. JUST. HAPPEN? 👀

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

*massive post with detailed information about why the shows are bad and also if you watch them you’re a bad person*

Like alright, I was worried because of how detailed you were you were a CHUDmoney Fed shill but thank you for confirming you don’t watch, and it’s just the WWE network 24/7 stream in your head, up next Wrestlemania 9.

Agreed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Laughing at Cody's hubris or Punk's spinelessness is funny sorry to anyone who takes it that seriously

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Shard posted:

Taylor Swift is THE celebrity right now. She's been knocking it out of the park lately.

baseball player?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I mean, what does it matter if the details are correct? WWE storytelling isn't rocket science, many of us have years of viewing experience and it gets verified time and again that it's just the same poo poo over and over again. Sorry that people don't try to capture the full experience of Malibu Stacy's new hat before making GBS threads on it.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

Hope I'm in time for the steiners and samoans trying to legit murder one another

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hope the wrestlemania 9 in my head actually has them doing the "Crush explodes Doink's brain into confetti" spot they were planning

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

I mean, what does it matter if the details are correct? WWE storytelling isn't rocket science, many of us have years of viewing experience and it gets verified time and again that it's just the same poo poo over and over again. Sorry that people don't try to capture the full experience of Malibu Stacy's new hat before making GBS threads on it.

I haven't watched WWE in years, I just get my info from dirtsheet recaps and this fine subforum, which allows me to make an educated guess that "WWE sucks" without having to watch a single minute of it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’ll actually watch the clips that wwe posts on twitter and YouTube and poo poo. It’s usually worst than what’s been described

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The_Rob posted:

I’ll actually watch the clips that wwe posts on twitter and YouTube and poo poo. It’s usually worst than what’s been described

I will cop to having checked out a clip here and there, when someone in this sub posts it as an example of something from WWE that's spectacularly bad

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Close to 100% of my WWE consumption is through the clips and news posted here, and the remaining 5ish% is from Botchamania.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

forkboy84 posted:

Even by goon standards, not knowing who Taylor Swift is is quite impressive.

sorry i don't watch Stardom

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I mostly post in this thread out of habit and because it still has some of the higher engagement and funny memes in this sub. I also watch funny clips. I can't remember the last thing WWE did that I thought was legit cool or well executed.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Logan Paul vs CM Punk
Imperious Punk
CM Punk, NXT gatekeeper heel faction. NOT Undisputed Era, someone else :P
CM Punk, Specific Manager

So many options!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Hope I'm in time for the steiners and samoans trying to legit murder one another

I forgot how crazy that match is. Super weird show

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard posted:

I mostly post in this thread out of habit and because it still has some of the higher engagement and funny memes in this sub. I also watch funny clips. I can't remember the last thing WWE did that I thought was legit cool or well executed.

Did you see the Usos vs Sami and KO at Mania? I thought it was one of the best tag team matches I have ever seen

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Did you see the Usos vs Sami and KO at Mania? I thought it was one of the best tag team matches I have ever seen

It was good imo both in a vacuum and lol look its main event wrestlemania steenerico

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What would a vacuum match be like?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cum truck but in reverse

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pope Corky the IX posted:

All I can imagine is Jon Moxley with a vacuum but instead of a spinning brush on the bottom it's a spinning dowel wrapped in barbed wire and he's holding it up to, say, Nick Gage's face.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The TNA reverse battle royal, with people getting sucked into the ring like it was a supermassive planet attracting asteroids and other space debris

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I will cop to having checked out a clip here and there, when someone in this sub posts it as an example of something from WWE that's spectacularly bad

Twitter people help me know immediately when/how bad and how funny something is. For all the bad people that may ever own them, I'll never be able to quit social medias for that fact alone

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

It's WWE, it always sucks, thus every match is a vacuum match.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

scorpio sky v austin theory

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Mania Night 1, despite the stretching and constant ads, was genuinely really good. Then they hit me with Mania Night 2 and reminded me that they will never truly improve no matter how easy it would be to do so.

The weekly shows stayed bad but the Rumble-EC-Mania Night 1 cycle was a pretty good PPV stretch. I'm just not invested anymore though, not when there's other wrestling more my current tastes out there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think they're about at the level of AEW at the moment where the weekly TV shows are whatever but the PPVs are really good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I think the Men's Tag Team Showcase was night 2 featuring Angelo Dawkins absolutely trucking Braun 3 feet from an absolutely orgasmic Titus O'Neal, which was fun.

Plus Edge's entrance tron just being the words BROOD EDGE twenty feet high

E: the above Dawkins spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdKDIDXdOaQ

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Mania Night 1, despite the stretching and constant ads, was genuinely really good. Then they hit me with Mania Night 2 and reminded me that they will never truly improve no matter how easy it would be to do so.

The weekly shows stayed bad but the Rumble-EC-Mania Night 1 cycle was a pretty good PPV stretch. I'm just not invested anymore though, not when there's other wrestling more my current tastes out there.

That's where I am at for the past few years outside of the occasional PLE I randomly catch. Generally they do enough to make me somewhat interested in the ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA that I will watch Rumble though WM. The Rumble is always a good excuse to throw a watch party with friends, then do the numbers game with prizes.

I don't mean watching the actual weekly shows though. Raw is such a slog for the past decade. Smackdown can be alright at times since it is still two hours.

More importantly, I would like to see more making GBS threads on CM Punk in this thread (and forum in general).

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

No and I am confident that there have been good matches in WWE. Its just this thing now where i hate the presentation and I've gotten out of the habit of watching and I have no way to watch and don't want to pay for. I doubt I'll ever get back in the habit again.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh wait I just remembered the last stuff I thought was good in WWE - Sami interacting with the Uso Dynasty or whatever it's called. That stuff was amazing in clip format. I liked it enough that someone bought me a saudi av.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shard posted:

No and I am confident that there have been good matches in WWE. Its just this thing now where i hate the presentation and I've gotten out of the habit of watching and I have no way to watch and don't want to pay for. I doubt I'll ever get back in the habit again.

The presentation is the hardest hurdle for me too. I just don’t enjoy the way it looks. Wwe matches are laid out in a way I don’t enjoy either. Especially now with HHH running things. Everyone goes out there and has HHH matches, and I don’t particularly like his matches that much to begin with.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i wish there wasn't so many zoom-ins

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shard posted:

This is where I am with WWE. I've seen a couple of recent TV shows and PLEs, and while the product overall is less awful than it used to be, it's just not my cup of tea. It's also hard to overlook decades of WWE being a cartoonishly evil company just because Good Cop HHH is running it now.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I wish there were more zoom ins and the camera was even shakier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought there were less zooms and shakes now, I’m sure people have said that