Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
*edit* this was already covered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Cowslips Warren posted:

Won't initiate sex with wife anymore

I've never heard of the spoilered thing. Is that a new incel thing?

Feels like an elaborate set up for a joke based on a Clerks reference

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

haveblue posted:

Crocheted Grimace?

I’d hit it

I’m a dollar menu guy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Shanghaied posted:

Up until a few years ago, our university library had these really old looking signs saying they have phone jammers installed. There were no phone jammers as far as I could tell, at least not when I first saw the signs and tried to test with my own phone. I wonder if they installed them at some point and then turned them off when some law came into force or something.

actual jammers have been illegal, at least in the US, for basically as long as cell phones have existed. it’s the same reason you can still dial 911 from a phone with no sim card and no cell plan. if you jam phones you are potentially blocking emergency services, and that’s illegal per the communications act of 1934.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Cell phones operate on licensed spectrum, meaning the FCC (or your country's equivalent) hands out permission to transmit to specific entities and everyone else is forbidden from doing it

Other technologies, like wifi and bluetooth, operate on unlicensed bands that are essentially a free-for-all. Which is why the Flipper Zero is not inherently illegal and your neighbor's lovely microwave makes your LAN drop out (but both of those things are cheaper and simpler to deal with than cellular devices)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for telling my mom and her husband that they need to nip my half sisters comments about my son's name in the bud or the consequences will be severe?

Please just go NC.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

actual jammers have been illegal, at least in the US, for basically as long as cell phones have existed. it’s the same reason you can still dial 911 from a phone with no sim card and no cell plan. if you jam phones you are potentially blocking emergency services, and that’s illegal per the communications act of 1934.

Yeah I know. But I don't live in the US, so I wondered if it was because we simply didn't have laws on it until relatively recently. But then again pirate radio was also a thing over here, so our government has been regulating spectrums since forever. Just found it weird that a government agency (which an university is, over here) would do something that blatantly violated the law, or at least pretended to.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Should I leave my boyfriend for his older, sexier brother?

quote:

I (F19) have been with my boyfriend(M20) since 11 months ago but lately I have been having dreams about his brother and we keep catching moments to flirt with eachother round the house? I dont wanna hurt my boyfriends feelings but his brother is so hot and older and im only young so AITAH?

Also, his brother plays banjo😍

Short and sweet.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Shanghaied posted:

Yeah I know. But I don't live in the US, so I wondered if it was because we simply didn't have laws on it until relatively recently. But then again pirate radio was also a thing over here, so our government has been regulating spectrums since forever. Just found it weird that a government agency (which an university is, over here) would do something that blatantly violated the law, or at least pretended to.

no law against putting up a sign, and in the US at least universities largely subsist on pretending laws don't apply to them and being right about that maybe half the time (actually making GBS threads up the local airwaves would not be one of those times)

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
in america even the cops can and will lie to you

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cowslips Warren posted:

:banjo:

Lol :perfect:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cowslips Warren posted:

Short and sweet.

So hot

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

Short and sweet.

hell yeah get that banjo rear end

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
AITA for punishing my "stepdaughter" for a joke?

quote:

My wife and I have been married for 10 years. We have a 9yo son together.

My wife also has an "adopted daughter"(16F)

It's not really her daughter and she is not exactly adopted, technically it's my wife's niece. Her parents abandoned her and my wife took her in.

She is the brattiest, rudest, most annoying child but I try to tolerate her because it means a lot to my wife.

Anyway yesterday was my son's 9th birthday and we threw a small party, family only. My son insisted that we play a game in which we have to say what superpower we want to have and he would tell us what weakness we would have.

When it was my turn I told him that I want to be invisible, he said you will be invisible but your penis won't be.

My stepdaughter then chimed in and said "good you will still be very hard to notice then, well that's just what mom said" and bursted out laughing. I grabbed her phone and laptop and told her she is grounded for 2 weeks and can't have her phone back for a month.

My wife thinks I overreacted to a kid's joke and I'm an rear end in a top hat but she embarrased me in front of everyone and I believe she deserves her punishment
:allears:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
How to confirm your penis size in one easy step

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Halloween Jack posted:

AITA for punishing my "stepdaughter" for a joke?

:allears:

So definitely a small penis then?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The post about demanding someone come home right away because there's an emergency, but the emergencies only happen when the other person is off doing something important to them is totally a thing that happens. I had a friend dating an absolute pathological liar who would whip up the most insane and unbelievable stories to force him to never go out or have to urgently return home. It was always wild poo poo like "someone broke into the house and tied me up and was going to rape me but left the door open and a robber came in to rob the house and the rapist and the robber started fighting and then ran away, I'm traumatized and need you here RIGHT NOW. No I didn't call the police that would re-traumatize me!!"

But sometimes it really is just bad timing and its the other person who's being totally unreasonable for accusations of conspiracy. I have 2 cousins, sisters. They are in their 40's and 50's. A couple years ago they made plans for the older sister to come visit after not seeing each other for years. Older sister last min got Covid so they had to cancel the trip. They planned another trip about 8 months later and everyone was excited. Right before the 2nd attempt, older sister got an extremely bad case of strep throat and had to cancel again. Just this month they were gearing up for their 3rd attempt at a trip and the older sister had to have emergency surgery for a serious condition.

Younger sister lost her poo poo at this, accuses older sister of purposely sabotaging their plans and got so angry she made the older sister cry. They're no longer talking for the moment.

Like yeah I get feeling extremely disappointed that it keeps happening, but 3 serious medical situations are not something she faking to get out of seeing you. It's just really lovely timing. Come on cousins be nice :(

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lmao that is the worst possible response to that joke

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Ravus Ursus posted:

Not if she bends over and starts biological warfare.

One-up her power play: pull the shower curtain back & try to aim his pee stream between her legs into the toilet

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

Short and sweet.

Just be aware you can't tie down a banjo man.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why is everyone talking about dad's penis at a nine year old's birthday party?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He wanted to pull it out to prove he was a man.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why are you grounded?

I told my mother's husband he has a small penis.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Banjo man reminds me of story in high school, How I Met My Husband, where the teen protagonist, some nanny/help to the family, fell head over heels for a visiting pilot/air trick performer dude. He went all over the place with his stunts, and apparently his fiancé would track him down, which always led to his abrupt leaving and heading to the next city. But he promised the main character he would write letters to her and he would come back (this was after a rather messy makeout session where for once in literature the dude didn't do more than kiss her), so every day the girl would sit by the mailbox and wait for the letters that never came. And the mailman was a young dude who always felt his trip was much better when he'd see her waiting for him, to the point after they got married, he'd tease that he had to marry her because she always waited for him to show up.

AITA For Asking my kids to see their mother before she died?

quote:

My (58M) wife (56F) died from cancer, and my kids (33M), (35M), and (31F) all told their mother they hated her before she died. For context, me and my wife were pretty strict with our kids when they were growing up, but it was out of love when they were teenagers. We had rules like no dating, being home by 6:15 PM, and no R-rated movies, and these same rules applied even when they were over 18. Just because they were 21, 22, or 23 doesn't mean they are adults; it doesn't matter what the law says. We have three kids: two sons and a daughter. (33M) we will call him "Damian," (35M) we will call him (Josh, and (31F) we will call her "Emily." When Damian was 21, he was dating a 27-year-old woman and apparently dating for 6 months.

This was totally against our rules; he obviously wasn't allowed to date a woman too old for them, so we took our son's computer, phone, and tablet, and my wife threatened his girlfriend to break up with him, and they did. After this, Damian got really mad at us. He moved out of our house and moved in with a friend, and he completely blocked us and never talked again.

Just because they were legally "adults" doesn't mean they were, and me and my wife both agreed that if they lived in our house and lived off us, they would live by our rules. Two years after Damian ran away, he moved into his own apartment and started dating a 45-year-old woman. We didn't care if our son was living on his own; we weren't going to allow our son to date a woman too old for him. It's against what we believe, and we think she's too old for him, and our word should be the only word that matters. My wife started following them around and once even broke into his apartment to try and stop the relationship, but my son got a restraining order against me and my wife.

Two years later, they got married. All of our kids have gone without contact with us, but they are still on social media, so we know where they live and how to contact them. It's been a decade since we saw our kids, and my wife recently got really sick and was diagnosed with cancer. I got in contact with my kids to come say goodbye to their mother. Their mother wanted to see them, say goodbye, and tell them she loved them. Our kids came, but we didn't expect them to say what they were going to say.

They told their mother that she was a horrible mother. They told her to "gently caress herself" and "gently caress you," and they told her she deserved to have cancer and die. After that, they all left, and my wife was heartbroken. She passed away a little while after that. I am heartbroken, and I'm so mad at our kids for what they said. We did nothing but love them and try to protect them. We have them food, water, snacks, and clothes, and this is how they repay us. They were supposed to respect us, but they disrespected their mother on her deathbed. What should I do about them?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The birthday boy started it, are you going to go against his wishes on his special day?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Cowslips Warren posted:

I want to believe it's bait, but my parents were also like this so he's probably completely in denial of how much they were assholes.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

haveblue posted:

The birthday boy started it, are you going to go against his wishes on his special day?

In that case next year he should suggest a cake in the shape of dad's penis only for the stepdaughter to remark that there won't be enough for everyone then.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

haveblue posted:

Lmao that is the worst possible response to that joke

Well, I mean,

Desert Bus posted:

He wanted to pull it out to prove he was a man.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Why do our kids hate us we gave them WATER

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Cowslips Warren posted:

That poor, poor cancer

Edit: also no dating when they were adults in their twenties? WTF? What's the end-game here? That they should just remain unmarried and living with the parents forever?

Shanghaied fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 11, 2023

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i mean obviously he should gently caress himself get cancer and die.

duh.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Can you believe our son went no contact when his mom broke into his home? Its just a little B and E between family, and besides, she only did it to help him! He's still a kid after all!

Eridine
Aug 11, 2011

artsy fartsy posted:

How dare you.

How very dare you.

You didn't even mention the snacks.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Grey Cat posted:

I want to believe it's bait, but my parents were also like this so he's probably completely in denial of how much they were assholes.

Way too lucid a description of the mom breaking into houses and doing psycho poo poo, not nearly enough harping on the obscure theological crimes of the ungrateful children

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

artsy fartsy posted:

They got addicted to it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i would normally call bullshit on this if i havent lived that poo poo and why my kid has never met his grandma.

i opted out of "my house my rules" at 17 though and the one time i was like ok you can come visit which was 11 years ago it pretty much was like yeah we arent talking anymore ever.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Reads like it was written by one of the kids. Too willing to admit a bunch of wrongdoing to be a real estranged parent post. They usually talk around everything and you have to fill in the blanks for why their kid cut contact "suddenly" for "no reason."

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

That old Rush Limbaugh "cancer dies of irony" meme immediately came to mind

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

Anyone know where i can find the thread on this one, googling it has not brought anything up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You can always search directly in Reddit, but is Reddit constantly loving up for anyone else?