Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im too racist to eat rice. only potato for me. thnx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
let me eat some of these little starch grains or w/e with my chopsticks LMFAO. miss me with that

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Smythe posted:

https://www.midwestlifeandstyle.com/easy-old-fashioned-riced-potatoes/

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

like half way to making a latke

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
potatoes can be anything

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Now if i was an economist i would notice that blue line is shifting in a way that suggests a future downward trend. This would trouble me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Smythe posted:

Me too. Love potato

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Por que no los dos

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Yeah, use a ricer on your potatoes for the best of both worlds.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
had sigs on for 10 mins. off now. stupid

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I like big fat wet greasy floppy fries.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
where do i buy stock in potato ricers ive got A Good Feeling

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

is pepsi ok posted:

weird how close these numbers are to the overall polling on the economy.

why, it's almost like this perfectly explains everyone's perception of the economy without having to resort to insane conspiracy theories about the media tricking people!

perception is a funny thing. you see, surveys show that perceptions of the economy are heavily influenced by politics, and that this bias is two and a half times stronger for republicans than for democrats. what this means is that when a democrat is in the white house, republicans will rate the economy so badly that it will skew the average perception towards "very bad", even if that doesn't match reality

and since this subforum has a strong anti-liberal bias (probably stronger than conservatives' anti-liberal biases) we can easily see why this thread's participants strongly believe things like "things are worse today than in 2008-2009" and "we're actually in a recession and the government is lying with their metrics"

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
syq

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

perception is a funny thing. you see, surveys show that perceptions of the economy are heavily influenced by politics, and that this bias is two and a half times stronger for republicans than for democrats. what this means is that when a democrat is in the white house, republicans will rate the economy so badly that it will skew the average perception towards "very bad", even if that doesn't match reality

and since this subforum has a strong anti-liberal bias (probably stronger than conservatives' anti-liberal biases) we can easily see why this thread's participants strongly believe things like "things are worse today than in 2008-2009" and "we're actually in a recession and the government is lying with their metrics"

shut the gently caress up moron

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

will stancil

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

facts are stubborn things

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
sorry pal that mumbo jumbo won't work on me i happen to know inconvenient little facts like how we intentionally leave any kind of price that matters out of inflation metrics and focus on airline ticket prices instead

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

Asking the computer when to flip burger

you wish, it's going to be getting written up because you flipped the burger without the computer telling you to flip it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

airline tickets, accountant fees, and what boomers think their second house is worth are the bedrock of the CPI

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1734261764248707232

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

might be yeah

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Biden 2024: Perception is a Funny Thing

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

sorry pal that mumbo jumbo won't work on me i happen to know inconvenient little facts like how we intentionally leave any kind of price that matters out of inflation metrics and focus on airline ticket prices instead

americans are traveling by air at record rates, so airline ticket prices do matter. maybe not if you're a shut-in doomer though ;)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

americans are traveling by air at record rates, so airline ticket prices do matter. maybe not if you're a shut-in doomer though ;)

thanks for making fun of me for not having enough money to travel by plane

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
maybe if you're not a shut-in doomer you can afford a $1000 plane ticket to go see your relatives teehee

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

actually op it's because everything is more expensive except my labor

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

lol no way

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

republicans are way more firmly rooted in reality than democrats so .. it’s a good idea to over sample them

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Thorn is 100% Will

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

yeah fuckers y’all should have just been rich

e:
lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

republicans are way more firmly rooted in reality than democrats so .. it’s a good idea to over sample them

Wrong thread

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Thorn is 100% Will

wow, just hearing this now for the first time. incredible. i cant believe that this is true.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Thorn is 100% Will

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Thorn is 100% Will
that's a little too much of a compliment

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"people's perceptions of the economy are shaped by the media they're consuming. so why do they think the economy is bad when we, the media, continue telling them it's good?"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Thorn is 100% Will

:laffo:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Thorn is 100% Will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Thorn knows more about people's personal finances than they do, he's very smart!