Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

Why are there 2 Monday games?

The NFL schedule is made by drunken feces-slinging baboons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

I was 7-6 in 20-team league the year I won the 'chip.

It really is all just dumb luck.

The guy with the most total points scored in our league—by a notable margin—is in 11th place out of 12 and missing the playoffs.

As for me, need 19 points between Love, Doubs, and Achane tonight. Also for another person in our league to not score 40 off Deondre Hopkins and GB D/ST. We can do this!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I lost my week but will get the 3rd or 4th seed out of 4 from the tiebreaker.
My team is mostly broken so I don't have high hopes.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Playoffs in 2/3 leagues and 13-1 in one of them. My Jordan Love vs. their King Henry in the other to secure a first round bye. (I'm screwed)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Thankfully this week doesn’t matter too much, my team had bottom-10 matchups across the board and played accordingly 😬

I’d rather have it this week than next week in the playoffs!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

I was 7-6 in 20-team league the year I won the 'chip.

It really is all just dumb luck.

Alvin Kamara -- the team.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Need Saquon and Miami d to score less than 27 to make the playoffs.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

The NFL schedule is made by drunken feces-slinging baboons.

This is actually one of the LESS poorly named AWS products, amazingly

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

EconDad posted:

I was expecting incredible things from him yesterday, and he really let me down ☹️

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

EconDad posted:

I should send him a ham.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

I should send him a ham.

He would rather Airheads.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Here is my annual "up 53 points vs Henry and A. JonesHopkins, still feels close" post

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I had a choice between Dobbs and Jake Browning this week. Of course I chose wrong because what the gently caress was with that Min/LV game.

Also ROS, should I run with Murray over Dobbs/Browning/ and I guess Joe Flacco now?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I am praying that everyone else in my league is happy with their qb, so I can pick up Flacco and drop Goff

I drank too much Honolulu blue koolaid and lost a lot of matchups I could have won had Goff scored more than 12-16pts

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Need Saquon and Miami d to score less than 27 to make the playoffs.

I would also appreciate this. Although the Saquon one I need him to roll out a dud because I really want the guy right behind me in the standings to lose.

Next week in my league is looking to be nuts. We might have 2 people tied at 8-6 for the 2nd and 3rd spots (one of those being me), and 3 other people at 7-7 all trying to get that 4th and last spot in the playoffs. Me at 3 will face #4, and 5 and 6 will face each other. So both games will be win and in scenarios.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Is Ridder worth a pickup? Herbert looks like he's done and my choices look pretty dire.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

I should send him a ham.

"sorry for 2020"

In truth, I think I was 8-5 at best that year -- going into the playoffs.

Last year in SA 20 I lost one game in season. In some ways that was worse to lose in playoffs, but... nothing can probably ever quite match the Kamara-bowl.

Oddly enough Gus Edwards (benching him) lost me that game in 2020. Start him over Salvon Ahmed and I win over you. This week (now 2023, thirty years later)? I started Gus Edwards over Garrett Wilson. Gus drops a cool < 2 points. He curses me no matter what I do with him. Across-years Gus-curse.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

https://twitter.com/that_guy_waloo/status/1733968957126615293

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Honestly even if he plays in week 15, I’m not sure he’d be worth slotting in over someone else. I have no idea how non-Dobbs backups do, and if they settled on Dobbs this week over them, then fuckin yeeeeeeeeshhhhhhhhhh

Like obviously you’d start him and be happy with double digit points, but I strongly doubt he’d break 15 unless he’s the only one getting targeted

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I was expecting incredible things from him yesterday, and he really let me down ☹️

I was watching Red Zone yesterday and after the half every time they cut to that game it was to show the Panthers in like 3rd and 20. The Saints did gently caress-all until they were like halfway through the 4th.

Yet somehow the Niners or Cowboys are going to lose to an NFCS team in the first round

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
A lot riding on the dolphins game tonight!

3rd-6th seeds in my league are all likely going to have the same record heading into the playoffs. That’s assuming Mostert/Achane/Waddle put up more than 11 points combined for me.

I’ll hold the PF tiebreaker over the other teams if those three score more than 20 points.

I want to be the 3rd or the 6th seed, because the number one seed has an absolute powerhouse of a team, and that would put me on the other side of the bracket.

So I need those three to score less than ten, or more than 20, anywhere in between and I’ll have the 4th seed.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I knew I wasn't crazy for not believing Sunday morning rankings of Aaron Jones in the 10s and 20s.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1734216344239755392

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Silly Burrito posted:

I knew I wasn't crazy for not believing Sunday morning rankings of Aaron Jones in the 10s and 20s.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1734216344239755392

Aaron Jones will be ready by August 2024 as somebody else's problem. Completely unstartable for the remainder of the season.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1734307350750630137?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
I need Tyreek to score less than 27. This game has been an emotional roller coaster.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was on track to win by 3.16pts and then Mostert was given a td when he was down, and then he scored another td

:negative:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I won. Just barely, but I won. I hate this loving game though. Every week I watch my team underperform and my opponents over perform. Next week I’m going to do a bunch of stupid poo poo since my instincts seem to suck.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Do or die match and this poo poo happens, I was up by 25 points with 5:30 left in the Miami/titans game.

I might need a drat pacemaker after tonight holy loving poo poo. Bless you Derrick Henry

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 12, 2023

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Didn’t get the win. Entering the playoffs with a four game losing streak and no bye. Not good.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The Big Jesus posted:

Didn’t get the win. Entering the playoffs with a four game losing streak and no bye. Not good.

Yep, both my teams lost pretty much before tonight even started but both made playoffs, and I’m just counting down the days until I get unceremoniously knocked out in the first round so I can uninstall Sleeper and not watch football until August

Just, really competitive teams up until like week 7 and then just totally underperforming since then with an occasional 3 point win to keep me above the total dog poo poo teams is so frustrating.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

T-Square posted:

Yep, both my teams lost pretty much before tonight even started but both made playoffs, and I’m just counting down the days until I get unceremoniously knocked out in the first round so I can uninstall Sleeper and not watch football until August

Just, really competitive teams up until like week 7 and then just totally underperforming since then with an occasional 3 point win to keep me above the total dog poo poo teams is so frustrating.

You… don’t watch the actual playoffs?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
What the gently caress man I blew FAAB on the Texans D/ST for the playoffs because they play the Browns and Titans but now both of those teams look really good? What gives?!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I picked up Houston for the same reason, but now I’m making a switch. The Houston offense potentially tanking due to so many injuries isn’t helping either. I’m putting my hopes on…Atlanta?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

In leagues where I have the Browns D, I grabbed a second defense for the playoffs since I was worried about their Houston matchup in week 17.

I'm a lot less worried now!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I picked up Houston for the same reason, but now I’m making a switch. The Houston offense potentially tanking due to so many injuries isn’t helping either. I’m putting my hopes on…Atlanta?

i feel like atlanta and denver are the safest streaming defenses for this week, yea. atlanta goes up against carolina, and their offense is just broken in every regard. there are no receivers or running backs there that could overpower any of the falcons' middling defense. this isn't like houston versus the jets last week, where the jets do have good running backs and receivers and when wilson is right, the team can do things. carolina cannot say the same.

as for denver, they have a beastly defense going up against a banged up detroit offense. we saw how that worked out last week.

plus, if you pick denver up this week, you get them for a very attractive matchup next week against new england, and what will probably be a very good matchup against the herbert-less chargers the following week.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Atlanta gets @CAR, vIND, vCAR so yeah :same:

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Whoreson Welles posted:

What the gently caress man I blew FAAB on the Texans D/ST for the playoffs because they play the Browns and Titans but now both of those teams look really good? What gives?!

Yeah, talk about the highest expectation to lowest reality. I spent a decent amount of FAAB on them too.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Bellmaker posted:

Atlanta gets @CAR, vIND, vCAR so yeah :same:

@car, v ind, and v chi.

chicago and indy aren't slouches. i would not use atlanta after their game with carolina, personally.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

6 leagues, 5 playoffs, one bye, and one #1 overall (in the goon 20-team league which does not do byes)

I’ll take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

abelwingnut posted:

@car, v ind, and v chi.

chicago and indy aren't slouches. i would not use atlanta after their game with carolina, personally.

Fair enough, Denver is available in my league so I’ll try to pick them up for week 16

If that ends up mattering, Keenan Allen has a hockey stick throwing to him now so it may not!

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 12, 2023