Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Spacebump posted:

In Lego mode the only cave I can find has no knotwood trees and causes my character to freeze to death. I’ve tried eating snow berries and snow berry shakes but still get cold and die.

What do I do to survive in the cold? Is there more than one cave per map? I just want to harvest the underground trees to upgrade my village.

ive just been building firepits all over the caves and using that as my lighting/heat sources.

there's a lot of caves in my world. I just spent a day unlocking a bunch of the map so id have new places to go and marking when I've cleared out a cave or setup little campsites in there for resource grinding.

I havent had the opportunity to, but I believe they have knotwood trees in the desert area of the map. I just found it last night and kept getting killed by the heat/enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I got to gold 1 in racing and the goddang game wouldn't give me the goddarn skin.

I'll tinker with it later, jesus it gets nuts at gold

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Yeah the skin’s actually at gold 2. You also need to get to that rank and do one more race afterward

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good god what have I done

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I saw that fortnite devs posted (can't link it at the moment, sorry) that was a mistake and will be corrected later. Getting to gold 2 was not intended for the quest, and let me tell you, not advised to try at this point. Tons of trolls and you can lose significant progress when you place low.

https://twitter.com/RR_Status/status/1733288963358736547

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 11, 2023

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Apple Craft posted:

I saw that fortnite devs posted (can't link it at the moment, sorry) that was a mistake and will be corrected later. Getting to gold 2 was not intended for the quest, and let me tell you, not advised to try at this point. Tons of trolls and you can lose significant progress when you place low.

https://twitter.com/RR_Status/status/1733288963358736547

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll wait to get out of Silver 3 until the patch and maybe work on getting gud in normal along with the dailies.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Yeah the skin’s actually at gold 2. You also need to get to that rank and do one more race afterward

Yeah IDK what the deal is but all the "get x rank" quests are like that - you need to get to the rank, and then start another race or it doesn't count.

Anyway there's me at gold 1 without the gold 1 quest completed because I didn't start another race.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The grind from Gold1 to Gold2 is a total loving slog. I think it's like 15% for a 1st place, but anything lower is single-digit to zero.

E: Oh, and the physics for all of the tubes in the later maps is absolute garbage. It's too easy for the camera to flip and you to hairpin into a 180 where you shoot backwards for several seconds trying to stop.

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 12, 2023

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
In Lego Fortnite, you can repair items by putting them into a chest and then punching said chest 3 times, breaking it. The items drop fully repaired. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
There are devs in the thread, don't share that!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
why do the chests hold so little? it's a chest.
also having to go to the row to move over to a new container?
we solved all these problems years ago.

the rockband thing sounds fantastic, they really worked hard on that

and drat i'm bad at racing. i keep getting pit maneuvered and once that happens you got no chance. the highest i've gotten after being spun around or dying is 10th

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

i do wish all the lanes weren't the same color in rock band

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wish I could wrap my head around the drums' frequent double notes but I'm just that uncoordinated.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

i desperately need a way to expand personal storage in Lego mode. having to schlep a body full of knotwood back and forth after spending time clearing out a cave is crazy.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

dorium posted:

i desperately need a way to expand personal storage in Lego mode. having to schlep a body full of knotwood back and forth after spending time clearing out a cave is crazy.

It's particularly frustrating that you can't use items out of your backpack. I've been playing Conan Exiles again and it's great being able to right click anything to eat it or use it if it's in your bag but it sucks in this having to slot food to eat it to put it away again and get the tools out I need.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

explosivo posted:

It's particularly frustrating that you can't use items out of your backpack.

Yep. Lot of small annoyances in this mode that should have been ironed out with more time and playtesting. Still quite enjoying it though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AcidCat posted:

Yep. Lot of small annoyances in this mode that should have been ironed out with more time and playtesting. Still quite enjoying it though.

Yeah it's a great platform to improve upon; the game already feels better than most indie survival games out there. I'm probably done with it for now but am really interested to see how they improve it over time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cluster bombs ain't too bad at all, I learned today. Got ambushed, managed to throw it right at a dude's feet. Dude was gone in 2 seconds, lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Ruby Prism posted:

There are devs in the thread, don't share that!

Hey devs no snitching

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shinjobi posted:

Cluster bombs ain't too bad at all, I learned today. Got ambushed, managed to throw it right at a dude's feet. Dude was gone in 2 seconds, lmao

Some pals and I were coming up out of the vault and basically got carpet bombed. Impressive.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

GigaPeon posted:

Does Lego mode get more Lego-y? Seems weird you can put down individual bricks or anything.

Having prebuilt structures is kind of a blessing, doing it brick by brick sounds fun, until you look into what it would take to build half the things in the game.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

you mean the chaos emeralds? :chaostrump:

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

My god.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
The durability on items in Lego Fortnite needs a big ole boost. It's hard to progress when you have to double back to replace your sword, then your axe, then your pickaxe, then your sword...

Also sleeping needs to skip night, can't believe that's not a thing!

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Wait until we get the Cluster Collector augment that grants two clingers and then grants additional clingers on eliminations. Going to be pure madness.

The augments are showing up in the main lobby under Quest > Collections > Augments, hopefully they get added soon.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

... I also didn't see those other two cross the finish line. Something odd is happening.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

There's definitely some weird client/server input desync happening with it. You can mash jump and dodge at the start of rounds, which does nothing on your screen but other players will see and be hit by the collision of it. I've had a few races start with other players just far out in front of the starting line, too.

Occasionally when I finish a race I'll get a result for say, 2nd, and then the desync seems to correct itself before the results screen and actually place me in 3rd. It's weird.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The collision is all hosed up. I can PIT maneuver people and it does jack poo poo and then a couple mins later a mild side-grazing between two cars causes one of us to grind to a halt and the other to jet off into the horizon. Either turn car collision off or do the Mario Kart 8 thing where jostling gives both players a little boost imo

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
I occasionally see cars just disappear when there's a poo poo ton all bunched up in a turn. Figured it was desync.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Anora posted:

Having prebuilt structures is kind of a blessing, doing it brick by brick sounds fun, until you look into what it would take to build half the things in the game.

Yeah I mean that’s fine and all for the basics, but slapping down prefabs feels kind of like a waste of the theme. I like that they made minifigs for my skins at least.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Twibbit posted:

... I also didn't see those other two cross the finish line. Something odd is happening.

All my races have been buggy for the last two days. Cars jumping everywhere and new racers appearing at the end.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

GigaPeon posted:

Yeah I mean that’s fine and all for the basics, but slapping down prefabs feels kind of like a waste of the theme. I like that they made minifigs for my skins at least.

You can build buildings brick by brick. It's under the other category.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

You can build buildings brick by brick. It's under the other category.

You don't have access to all the bricks. Seems like something of a performance thing in any case, since if you have too many pieces in a given range it won't let you build any more because it's too complex.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

drat it really fucks with my head that Triangle isn’t the middle lane button in the Rock Band mode (expert difficulty w 5 buttons). I think the control scheme is too unintuitive to not have clearer indicators of which button does which lane. Like some colors or some DDR type symbols or something.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the buttons from left to right correspond with the lanes from left to right..? triangle being the middle sounds way more unintuitive

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Depends on your brain. My brain feels weird about the “RIGHT” button being the second-most LEFT lane and the top MIDDLE face button (triangle) being the second-most RIGHT lane and SQUARE (the LEFT face button) being the MIDDLE lane. If the buttons were all in a straight line and not on a D-pad and a diamond formation then sure it would make perfect sense to me but it doesn’t feel quite right.

Edit; honestly if there was just a small gap between the two d-pad lanes and the face button lanes I’d be good to go I think. Then I’d be able to wrap my head around what’s controlling what. Or if the d-pad lane notes were arrows instead of identical lines. It’s absolutely something I’ll just get used to it just doesn’t feel as intuitive as Guitar Hero or Rock Band where the lanes matches the buttons perfectly.

Seymour Buttz fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 13, 2023

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Baller Ina posted:

The durability on items in Lego Fortnite needs a big ole boost. It's hard to progress when you have to double back to replace your sword, then your axe, then your pickaxe, then your sword...

Also sleeping needs to skip night, can't believe that's not a thing!

Also drat there needs to be a way to move created structures, or a quicker way to destroyed structures, because drat have I burned through axes trying to fix a miss click. The floors take FOREVER to to destroy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Seymour Buttz posted:

Depends on your brain. My brain feels weird about the “RIGHT” button being the second-most LEFT lane and the top MIDDLE face button (triangle) being the second-most RIGHT lane and SQUARE (the LEFT face button) being the MIDDLE lane. If the buttons were all in a straight line and not on a D-pad and a diamond formation then sure it would make perfect sense to me but it doesn’t feel quite right.

Edit; honestly if there was just a small gap between the two d-pad lanes and the face button lanes I’d be good to go I think. Then I’d be able to wrap my head around what’s controlling what. Or if the d-pad lane notes were arrows instead of identical lines. It’s absolutely something I’ll just get used to it just doesn’t feel as intuitive as Guitar Hero or Rock Band where the lanes matches the buttons perfectly.

What

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Fancy Hat! posted:

Also drat there needs to be a way to move created structures, or a quicker way to destroyed structures, because drat have I burned through axes trying to fix a miss click. The floors take FOREVER to to destroy.

Don't use axes. Use your fists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Fancy Hat! posted:

Pick axes specifically do massive damage to structures