Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

United States is concerned that Israel is showboating genocide instead of sticking to the mass murder fundamentals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Harik posted:

it really is the strongest material support any country has given palestine in my lifetime.

idk how old you are but Syria disarmed all the militias in Lebanon except Hezbollah and Palestinian resistance orgs in the early 90s.

OctaMurk posted:

for real, the us put three carrier groups into the region, a marine battlegroup and a bunch of extra air force fighter squadrons, i think the israeli defence establishment views this as their golsen opportunity to drag the us into all out war against hezbollah and iran

Im not sure if Bidens team also wants that war, or theyre just really loving stupid (both is certainly possible)

Are you counting the Bataan AARG as a carrier group? Otherwise it's two only.

Ardennes posted:

They only had about 60,000 regulars, and 60,000 conscripts. Not all the regulars can be devoted to Gaza as well, and the southern command probably has at best about 30,000 of them (and most of the conscripts are probably not suitable for front line service). The rest is filled up with random reservists making terrible Tiktok videos.

The reservists also don't know what they are doing, and the most the IDF relies on them, the bigger the mess that is going to be.

Where are you getting this 60,000 figure? The Military Balance says 26,000 professional, 100,000 conscripts.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
“this is praxis” I say as I munch some popcorn and click play on GoPro footage of an idf nazi hitting an apartment block with an rpg

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1734283917195178172

I think this one is important to post, because there's been a lot of questions about if Hamas is able to kill tanks or if we're just seeing their explosives/trophy and the tank itself is fine.

The answer: yes. That's a very dead tank.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Harik posted:

I think this one is important to post, because there's been a lot of questions about if Hamas is able to kill tanks or if we're just seeing their explosives/trophy and the tank itself is fine.

Nice cope cage

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Harik posted:

imagine the smell

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Al! posted:

[90s cereal commercial] i GOTTA have my gore

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al! posted:

haha this idf officer think he golem when he really gollum

they are exactly like gollum in the hobbit, all they eat is fish and they end up riddled (with bullets)

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I just don’t think it’s good to just make yourself numb to people dying in front of you even if they’re working for a monstrous evil country

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Empowered By Death doesn't work through the internet, morons

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Isentropy posted:

I just don’t think it’s good to just make yourself numb to people dying in front of you even if they’re working for a monstrous evil country

wonder if theres any studies on this like specifically around watching footage of nazis getting owned

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

What is even the point of these? Hamas has no top attack AT missiles nor (afaik) drones with tandem warheads and I imagine that 99 out of 100 times they can just aim for an exposed bit if using dumb missiles.

Leandros has issued a correction as of 22:12 on Dec 11, 2023

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
AKSHULLY I've been informed that it's not a tank because it doesn't have a main gun, lol.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Isn't that the APC made out of a gimped tank? Like they took the gun off it and stuffed a bunch of conscripts inside instead

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Harik posted:

*in an extremely german voice*

tank is merely damaged, we will repair it. no tanks lost during the battle.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

that's a Namer right? still uses the Trophy system.so clearly that can be defeated.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

punishedkissinger posted:

that's a Namer right? still uses the Trophy system.so clearly that can be defeated.

i think it is an achzarit (t-55 converted to an apc)

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Please donate a tank today. One T-55 can provide safe housing for 7 conscripts in need.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Ok, safe-ish.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

United States is concerned that Israel is showboating genocide instead of sticking to the mass murder fundamentals.

you know its always a lib agenda whenever there's unironic use of "concern" in news

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For what it's worth, a lot of these IDF soldiers that are just going around Gaza and murdering civilians, those that manage to somehow survive, will go back home and be horribly hosed up with trauma for the rest of their lives.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

I said come in! posted:

For what it's worth, a lot of these IDF soldiers that are just going around Gaza and murdering civilians, those that manage to somehow survive, will go back home and be horribly hosed up with trauma for the rest of their lives.

Einsatzgruppe veterans developed a lot of extreme mental health problems, which was no doubt a great comfort to their victims

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Leandros posted:

What is even the point of these?

There were some effective done-dropped grenades in the early days. These would presumably deter those, but from this angle it's hard to tell .

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Shageletic posted:

I think Al Saqr posting about videos showing Israeli casualties or attacks has added a dimension to all this which isn't being replicated in any other way. But screen grabs prob does cross a line considering we all differ in our tolerance for this poo poo.

I also think posting at posters about them suffering immense trauma is a bit patronizing.

i genuinely just don't want people to give themselves brain problems on accident and the ease of access to that stuff compared to how badly it can affect a person and think it's important to be aware of how real a risk that is, that it's not a "some people just have more stomach for it" kind of thing but something that can genuinely mess you up in deep ways that feel bad and can't really ever go back to how they were before

im not putting any judgement on anyone or trying to be preachy i promise, nobody's gotta even listen to me. there's no moral or philosophical component, it's just undeniably awful for someone's mental health to see people die a lot, and imo the biggest opening for it to gently caress a person to is for them to believe/pretend it /cant/ or wont affect them
so i wanted to kinda highlight that, and recommend being careful with all that poo poo all around, since this has been ongoing and will be for a while, there's going to be a lot of opportunities to expose yourself to that stuff if you're following the conflict

like, the pace of soul crushing -headlines- is heavy enough. watching even a tiny percentage of the things that are happening up close every day is just unsustainable for any human to endure without it leaving marks. i promise you, im not being dramatic at all about how deeply and strongly it can affect a person over time if they're being exposed to that stuff every day. that's where im coming from saying any of this

like if a few posts are kinda annoying to some ppl itt, but help even one person on here avoid unnecessary exposing themselves to some poo poo that haunts them for the rest of their lives? thats a net benefit imo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://theintercept.com/2023/12/11/tiktok-military-contractor-recruiting-israel/

Did anyone post this yet?

quote:

Latham’s TikTok account, with some 17,000 followers, appears to drive significant numbers of people to private security job opportunities. Data Latham posted on engagement with links on his social media postings show over 1,000 people clicking through to each one of three security job postings in Israel, Kuwait, and Germany — the countries he has said he recruits for.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

mags posted:

“this is praxis” I say as I munch some popcorn and click play on GoPro footage of an idf nazi hitting an apartment block with an rpg

Praxis is not merely not posting, it probably can't be posted. Idk I'm not a brain thinking type tbh.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Praxis is not merely not posting, it probably can't be posted. Idk I'm not a brain thinking type tbh.

I now give the money I used to give to an Israeli bat sanctuary to the Palestine Red Crescent. I think that's a kind of praxis and not illegal

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Like I said, not brain thinking guy.
Mods give me a regular 6 I have grown weary.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm not sure if it came up but America is trying to put together a task force to protect shipping in the red sea.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/12/10/houthi-attacks-naval-task-force/
https://archive.ph/3NFjt

quote:

The United States, attempting to contain the spread of Israel’s war in Gaza, is pitching allies on expanding a multinational naval task force to address an alarming rise in attacks on commercial vessels traveling near Yemen that have posed a significant threat to global shipping.
Israeli National Security Council head Tzachi Hanegbi said that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had spoken about the Houthi threat with President Biden and the leaders of Germany, France and Britain, telling them that “Israel is giving the world time to organize and prevent it.”
The Biden administration’s plan is to expand Combined Task Force 153, a military unit focused on the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden, said a senior administration official,
a U.S. defense official ... described the effort as mostly “aspirational,” with an unclear timeline thus far as allies and partners assess how they might participate.
The senior administration official disputed that characterization, saying discussions are active.
Mick Mulroy, a Pentagon official during the Trump administration with extensive experience in the Middle East. But finding enough ships to effectively carry it out could be challenge, he assessed.
“The U.S. could do a lot of it, but may need to shift ships from other areas,” he said.
“They are quite confident that no matter how much they escalate, this will not hurt their arrangement with the Saudis,” Muslimi said, referring to the Houthis.

What I'm getting from this is that they are looking to Europe, that Saudi Arabia is not keen and that possibly goes for most of the rest of the Arab world. I already mentioned the UAE leaving the CMF recently. Interesting to see how Egypt goes on this one.

This is all I can find on current composition of CTF 153.

https://twitter.com/CMF_Bahrain/status/1708415630645338302

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I said come in! posted:

How IDF soldiers sleep knowing they're traumatized by all the childkilling they've done:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

How IDF soldiers sleep knowing they're traumatized by all the childkilling they've done:

okay they are really running out of conscripts

Weka
May 5, 2019

FirstnameLastname posted:

like if a few posts are kinda annoying to some ppl itt,

fnln sincere posting ftw

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Like I said, not brain thinking guy.
Mods give me a regular 6 I have grown weary.

I think I misunderstood what you were saying like it was something fedposty

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
have we gone over the proud history of doodoo rear end in the idf? here's some more:

https://twitter.com/KlonnyPin_Gosch/status/1734280667947552832

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

have we gone over the proud history of doodoo rear end in the idf? here's some more:

3 years of the shits? Wash your loving hands before you eat

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

FirstnameLastname posted:

like if a few posts are kinda annoying to some ppl itt, but help even one person on here avoid unnecessary exposing themselves to some poo poo that haunts them for the rest of their lives? thats a net benefit imo

The problem with all of this concern posting (not implying this is insincere) is that it's completely out of touch with the actual content of the Al-Qassam videos. The direct comparison is being made to the kind of gore mills that Israelis expose themselves to every day, when Al-Qassam is editing their videos down to be safe for primetime broadcast tv. They're meant to be broadcast across Arabic media, not to be shared privately in the dark corners of the internet where there's no moderation.

I'm not arguing against the mod position here, but without being familiar with the material a mole hill is being confused for a mountain.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/MSF_canada/status/1734305542242500820?t=eJlhm6oyGe7udPus_zB71A&s=19

Snipers at another hospital in Gaza. loving horrific. One day there will be justice.

If you are feeling like me, just horribly despondent and broken by this terror, try and do something good for your community today if you can. Trying to create a better world in honor of the doctors and children who don't deserve this.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

not even the US army does this, shameful display

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mags posted:

imagine the smell

This is parenthetically something I wonder about Israel's conscript army, because power washing out the blood and recovering human remains is very, very hard on the REMEs. I know they had a lot of issues in 2010 when it seemed like LAVs and RGs were getting blown up every week, and they had to tear down the vehicles to repair or scrap them, while recovering whatever parts of the crew were in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

sleep with the vicious posted:

https://twitter.com/MSF_canada/status/1734305542242500820?t=eJlhm6oyGe7udPus_zB71A&s=19

Snipers at another hospital in Gaza. loving horrific. One day there will be justice.

If you are feeling like me, just horribly despondent and broken by this terror, try and do something good for your community today if you can. Trying to create a better world in honor of the doctors and children who don't deserve this.

If you're American, Canadian, German, or British: ruin your communities the Trashy Tony way.