Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Baby Yoda fights a bunch of baby Snoke clone bullies in the jedi kindergarten, togheter with a baby mandalorian and a baby wookie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Elias_Maluco posted:

Baby Yoda fights a bunch of baby Snoke clone bullies in the jedi kindergarten, togheter with a baby mandalorian and a baby wookie

Throw in a grown up Ewok as their teacher and we got something.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Throw in a grown up Ewok as their teacher and we got something.

They end communications with "Yub yub, commander."

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Isn't that just Young Jedi Adventures?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's no big movies, no Episode X to take advantage of how people have flocked back to the theatres, just all interquels where no one so much as mentions the First Order, Resistance or Snoke.

Hey, the bad last season of the Mandalorian featured Hux's dad played by the actor's real life uncle talking about the Dark Clone project or whatever for a few seconds

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

YaketySass posted:

They should do a Baby Snoke show

Baby Snoke doo doo doo doo doo doo

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Wolfsheim posted:

Hey, the bad last season of the Mandalorian featured Hux's dad played by the actor's real life uncle talking about the Dark Clone project or whatever for a few seconds

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Remember when there was big speculation as to who Snoke was and the answer was "some guy?"

I kinda forgot about that character altogether. He left no impression that my autocorrect changed his name to "Spoke" as a typed this post.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The answer was "a bioengineered clone" and they managed to include that detail only to throw it away and do nothing with it, even though it's actually a really cool answer.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Remember when there was big speculation as to who Snoke was and the answer was "some guy?"

I kinda forgot about that character altogether. He left no impression that my autocorrect changed his name to "Spoke" as a typed this post.

They wasted Andy Serkis on that guy, one of the ST's bigger crimes.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Grendels Dad posted:

They wasted Andy Serkis on that guy, one of the ST's bigger crimes.

I have good news

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

YaketySass posted:

I have good news

About his part in one of the shows? Yeah I know about that, episode owned.

It's just, they got someone who is famous for his evocative body language and CGI character work and they had him sit in a chair. I think he might have walked to the chair in TLJ, but then he stayed there until he died.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
they could have at least made him an actual giant instead of being merely 10 ft tall (and usually viewed at a remove so you can’t easily tell he’s not just normal human size)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It was very funny that Snoke first appeared as a gigantic hologram and then, the shocking reveal: he's like 25% bigger than a normal guy.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Knowing as we do now, I guess, that snoke was genetically luke, perhaps we can reinterpret the whole deal as a well meaning bigger luke ref

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dude's seven feet tall and is never framed to appear bigger or more intimidating (although his close-up when levitating Rey almost comes close)

Which I'm sure there's some seven-hour video out there explaining how it's an artistic choice to show that Snoke isn't a major player, but still, it's a waste of talent

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The outlines Lucas gave to Disney apparently had Darth Maul as the Man Behind The Curtain of the sequels. He was going to be the leader of the galactic underworld rather than the head of a bunch of Imperial cosplayers though, so it makes sense that they'd dump him and pivot to Great Value Sheev when Abrams introduced the First Order.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
In order to be cool Snoke would've either had to have been rancor big or babu frick small

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

feedmyleg posted:

In order to be cool Snoke would've either had to have been rancor big or babu frick small

The Lego Palpatine Skywalker Saga did that and it owned

....Seriously, it's the best way to experience the Sequel Trilogy

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Much and more has been said of the failures of the sequels, but I'd like to be perhaps the first to roast them for featuring a luke clone character who is somehow lamer than luuke

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
They go so far out of their way to make Snoke look smaller than he is that it almost reads as a joke

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
it's a wizard of oz reference, he's all snoke and mirrors

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Robot Style posted:

The outlines Lucas gave to Disney apparently had Darth Maul as the Man Behind The Curtain of the sequels. He was going to be the leader of the galactic underworld rather than the head of a bunch of Imperial cosplayers though, so it makes sense that they'd dump him and pivot to Great Value Sheev when Abrams introduced the First Order.

I thought the Darth Maul, Crime Lord stuff was from pre-TCW sequel ideas?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't really trust anybody about lucas sequel trilogy concepts. Half the time people talk about the maul/winky treatment, half the time it's the osmosis jones microscopic world concept. Never have the twain been convincingly connected, not even by esteemed poster robot style

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 11, 2023

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
I prefer the idea that the ST (poorly) adapted Dark Empire 1+2 and Empire's End, which Lucas ALSO said at some point that was close to his idea of a sequel trilogy.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Robot Style posted:

How did Lucas get talked into bringing Maul back originally? Seeing him grow back up into a B-string villain in the TV series has been pretty odd all things considered.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

I prefer the idea that the ST (poorly) adapted Dark Empire 1+2 and Empire's End, which Lucas ALSO said at some point that was close to his idea of a sequel trilogy.

It's not even subtle

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Vinylshadow posted:

It's not even subtle

I'm quite aware of what's in those (I've read them, listened to the audiodrama adaptations of them--thanks public libraries!--and eventually tracked down the collections for them) so as I watched the sequels I was well aware of which elements were lifted from Dark Empire wholesale. And I find out eventually that they actually had, for example, world devastators in the concept art.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Flappy Bert posted:

How did Lucas get talked into bringing Maul back originally? Seeing him grow back up into a B-string villain in the TV series has been pretty odd all things considered.

According to Dave Filoni, it was Lucas' idea in the first place, but the rest of the team was pretty resistant to it so they came up with Savage Oppress as temporary stand-in.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Flappy Bert posted:

Lucas was the one who wanted Mail back for TCW (and had been thinking about it before that), he didn't need to be talked into anything.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Dude just thought Maul was cool and poo poo I can't disagree

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The D in Detroit posted:

Dude just thought Maul was cool and poo poo I can't disagree

I keep coming back to this quote from him about Maul because it's very funny in hindsight.

In 1999 George Lucas posted:

At one point, when Obi-Wan kills Darth Maul, he just fell in the pit. I looked at it and thought this isn't going to work because, if people like him enough, they're going to want him to come back and they're going to assume somehow he gets out of it. So I had to cut him in half to say that this guy's gone, he's history, he ain't coming back.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
God Savage Oppress is such a great Star Wars name

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The best part about Snoke is that that the reason his name is Snoke is that he was supposed to be a Lamia Snake man. His name is literally a Sssssss pun but they removed the punchline.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I keep coming back to this quote from him about Maul because it's very funny in hindsight.

attempting to learn my lesson from boba fett and deciding a decade later 'ah gently caress i shouldve kept this bozo around'

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Makes Snoke even more lame. Stayind dead after being cut in half like a drat punk.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Makes Snoke even more lame. Stayind dead after being cut in half like a drat punk.

Took over a decade to resurrect Maul, they've got time.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Yeah, they show a tank full of the guy on screen in Episode 9 - easy as hell to bring him back.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Doctor Spaceman posted:

"If people like him enough" Lucas says, referring specifically to himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

George Lucas: “I’d like to see George Lucas wiggle out of this!”