Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

MH370's video, like the mummies, the mothman or the Sandown clown have an inherently Tricksterish nature and we'll NEVER get the whole story about them. They are rabbit holes for people to jump into and get lost, for as long as they want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

MH370's video, like the mummies, the mothman or the Sandown clown have an inherently Tricksterish nature and we'll NEVER get the whole story about them. They are rabbit holes for people to jump into and get lost, for as long as they want to play.

lol at first I read that as Sundown Clown and thought you were referring to Joe Biden

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol at first I read that as Sundown Clown and thought you were referring to Joe Biden

Joe the Sundown Sniff Clown

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010
Holy poo poo, every time I think the plane vid is dead for good it crawls its way back.

Real

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

D-Pad posted:

If they come forward to claim somebody did some tampering to the site to create a false debunk I will absolutely lose my poo poo and go 100% in the I believe category

I, no poo poo, want to believe

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

to quote Donovan:

and it's real
it's real
one more time

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

if the plane vid is real i will die laughing. i mean that non-metaphorically i will be laughing so hard and for so long i will cease to breathe but it's so funny when i pass out my body will continue laughing until i asphyxiate

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

oumuamua is a good name, like something you could write out on a calculator

0 7 3 7 4 3 7 4

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

separate from object oumaumau, which is piloted by space cats

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

D-Pad posted:

If they come forward to claim somebody did some tampering to the site to create a false debunk I will absolutely lose my poo poo and go 100% in the I believe category

Yeah this would do it for me as well

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

or these guys

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

all I hope is that whatever the end result of the textures.com debacle is, it doesn't stop the endless lols I've had for the last few days watching that subreddit decent into chaos

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Maybe reddit wasn't a mistake

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

If we're really doing the plane again I will reiterate that it should be at least somewhat congruent with the pre-existing narratives about that event. E.g.:

-Timing being between ATC handoffs mean that ayy lmaos understand patterns of communication between airborne planes and find it preferable to act in a way that does not provoke immediate search and rescue

-Plane turning in video before first orb begins circling means that either orbs induced turn, or pilot(s) noticed airborne bird and took evasive maneuver, or orb appearance is response to turn

-Video showing very sharp turn is partially consistent with released Malaysian military radar info; more detailed tracks remain classified

-Non-simultaneous loss of radio signals suggests orbs are capable of fine manipulation of electrical systems, and ate knowledgable of communications protocols

-Sketchy dudes with experience in low oxygen environments above emitting antenna, on plane containing unspecified "radio parts", heading to a country quite capable at producing electronic equipment cheaply

-extensive seafloor mapping of a remote area

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

if gradius taught me anything these guys are all over the place in space. you just run into em and they start blowing rings

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i saw this tweet after the supposed debunking and didn’t look into it at all because the plane being abducted by ufos is real.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Maybe reddit wasn't a mistake

let's not say things we can't take back

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

D-Pad posted:

Just remember that even if they somehow prove the higher resolution pictures of the clouds in the background have been faked (upscaled through AI?) and uploaded later, it doesn't prove that the orbs and/or the portal are real.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Noobicide posted:

It's still real to me dammit

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

I won't blame anybody tl;dr'ing this post. I'm just some goon on the internet and in all my 41 years on this earth and ten some odd on SA, the only thing I'm sure of is experiences and happenings only matter to the person they happen to.

Anyway, small bit of backstory. Since Covid hit the US in earnest, my life has been a shitshow. Furloughed at work, my mom passed away then a few months later, my nana.

This year, my wife and I have lost two pets, both cats. Wembley and Pancake. Our two little brothers.

The day I brought Pancakes ashes back from the vet, my wife surprised me with a new male kitten, named Indy (I call him Henry Jones Jr as a nickname).

A couple of weeks ago, we adopted his mother from the shelter and this is her second week here. We named her Gilly. She's timid but loves pets, and Indy and her play. It's taking some time for the other cats to warm to her, but I think it'll happen.

So just now, getting home from work, I did my routine, getting out of work clothes, putting wallet and belt up, etc. Our car Jack always comes into the bedroom with me, it's our little ritual.

I picked her up and bundled her a bit, then set her down and went to wash my hands. She went down the hall and into the living room and Indy followed me into the bathroom.

After drying my hands, I picked up Indy and cuddled him for a bit and felt a cat brush against my leg. I looked down and no cat was there.

Flat out no cats near me. Gilly has a collar with a bell on it, so her I would hear. All the other cats are in the living room waiting on food. There are NO cats back here with me except the one I'm holding in my arms but I felt a cat brush my leg.

It's a very specific feeling and I'm not drunk, high or sleep deprived. But I felt a cat brush my leg.

Sarah has felt a cat jump on the bed. We close the bedroom door when we lay down. We love our cats, but sleeping with them is impossible. But several times a week we would leave the door open half and hour or so while we were getting ready and the boys would come in and lay on the bed and either cuddle up with us or just enjoy being around us while we talked and did little tasks before bed.

I don't know...my wife hasn't turned off the lamp beside her recliner since we lost Pancake, the oldest boy and second brother cat a few months ago. She told me it's in case that they retain..something after. And she wants them to be able to find their way home.

I know exactly how she feels and it sort of makes me feel better than somebody can feel comforted by similar thoughts.

Like I said. I'm just a goon on the internet who's lost a lot lately, but I felt a cat brush against my leg.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

King Charles piloted a UFO

Lord Mountbatten you say

:stare:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pke meter probably would go crazy in your house

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

D-Pad posted:

As much as I want to go all-in too there's the spectre of massive financial reward being enough of a motivator to tamper with the site (& unfortunately is way easier to believe) but let's see what they say!

Also wasn't the exact portal effect sprite discovered too in some 1990's video game, was that ever addressed

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 00:12 on Dec 12, 2023

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LuckyCat posted:

i saw this tweet after the supposed debunking and didn’t look into it at all because the plane being abducted by ufos is real.

I love examining pixels on heavily compressed video

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

neutral milf hotel posted:

Lord Mountbatten you say

:stare:

the aitee were just cruising along one day when suddenly their racism meter started returning results that were off the charts. the highest concentration of racism ever recorded in the milky way. what could they do except investigate

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Spergin Morlock posted:

"Listen jack, If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Tr'ump, then you ain’t all colors"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

turn the meter from racism to ghost cat, lieutenant

yes sir. scanning for ghost cat now

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

gileadexile posted:

Like I said. I'm just a goon on the internet who's lost a lot lately, but I felt a cat brush against my leg.

It means you are loved :glomp:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Waking early 2000's internet greybeards from cryosleep for one last photoshop hoax

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the inner spiritual reality of animals (and their ability to ghost ) is the 99% reason I don’t eat animals no more

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

this is so awesome lmao

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Justin Tyme posted:

Waking early 2000's internet greybeards from cryosleep for one last photoshop hoax

Stop reminding me that I've been on these forums for 20 years

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Justin Tyme posted:

Also wasn't the exact portal effect sprite discovered too in some 1990's video game, was that ever addressed

There have been numerous indications of the video being both very real, and a very good fake, but never a 100% smoking gun evidence for one or the other option. Just like with the mummies. Depending on what you want to believe all options are on the table, and every time one side of the balance gains more weight, something tips it in the other direction.

Something or someone is having fun with us

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Pattern recognition does play a role, it helps to decode any kind of message. And it most certainly helps mentalists and people doing cold readings. But it's not sufficient to explain 100% of all cases. Anyone genuinely open minded about psychic phenomenon and ESP will eventually encounter cases where pattern recognition isn't a sufficient explanation. Cases where there has to be something really weird on the other end of the line. Exactly the same as with UFOs. Many cases can be reduced to natural explanations, but there are so many other situations that are basically proving the phenomenon is real and mysterious, it's just so intellectually dishonest to claim everything can be reduced to events explainable through the current development of modern science. And it's even kind of stupid, like saying "we already know everything there is to know"

the capabilities of the right hemisphere are much greater than "we" know....because it cannot speak. it must communicate to us via other means.

think of how many times you've had a dream that felt like it had a message, or at least a theme that was consistent and relevant to your waking life. that is not an accident.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Justin Tyme posted:

As much as I want to go all-in too there's the spectre of massive financial reward being enough of a motivator to tamper with the site (& unfortunately is way easier to believe) but let's see what they say!

The portal pattern appears to be an extremely common one in nature so that debunk doesn't really mean anything, the shape seems to be pretty consistently just what blobby expanding things look like

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Slavvy posted:

The portal pattern appears to be an extremely common one in nature so that debunk doesn't really mean anything, the shape seems to be pretty consistently just what blobby expanding things look like

I mean the side by side was a perfect match, noise and all

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Justin Tyme posted:

I mean the side by side was a perfect match, noise and all

I agree, there were at least 5 very specific points of perfect correspondence on top of the general shape being the same, but apparently not everyone agrees with this so I have to admit that the video still exists in an undetermined state of being both fake and real, so that everyone can decide if they want to align with a reality where orbs steal planes full of people (and said plane debris are found later in the sea) or not.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It was different enough that anyone who wanted to keep believing was able to do so

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I think it’s fake but I admire the dedication of the hoaxers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Grusch was on Newsnation tonight and said he was directly read into a UAP SAP and he has an op ed coming out soon