Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Had some catnip and fell asleep next to me with his favorite toy on his neck.

Am currently rubbing his tum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Snuck out of the house, came back about half an hour later smelling like a fireplace. It's a little mystery that's been going on for years: when he gets out during the winter, he sometimes comes back smelling like wood smoke. I don't know where he's going, just that it's in the neighborhood.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Maybe hanging out at a fire pit or wood fireplace at someone else's house

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I’m afraid your cat is an arsonist. Search his catbed for accelerants.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 12, 2023

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

drooled all over my PANTS

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Cat drool is unreasonably cute. :3:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Jailbrekr posted:

Today George went to the vet for his shots and took it like a champ. He's currently sleeping it off.

drat those are huge paws

Mx. posted:

drooled all over my PANTS

does your cat wear makeup?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

thank you for noticing his eyeliner is always immaculate and i'm frankly jealous

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Das Boo posted:

Had some catnip and fell asleep next to me with his favorite toy on his neck.

Am currently rubbing his tum.

:hai:

Mei is showing off her leggy today.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Void sprite

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

He's kind of surly this morning.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Providing lap warms. It's double cat in da lap season.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

He woke me up to remind me that he's the only thing in the universe that matters and that I should get up and cradle him in my arms like a baby immediately.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

:hai:

Mei is showing off her leggy today.

Temperature regulation leggy. :3:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm cleaning up after the Christmas party and she doesn't want me to put the bench away.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
had to put my boy down today, he was only 7. weird af kidney issues, even the vets were confused because he wasn't showing anything a few months ago when we got blood work done for him. in just 2 weeks he lost half his bodyweight and was drooling blood. RIP Finn, will never find another cat like you.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

had to put my boy down today, he was only 7. weird af kidney issues, even the vets were confused because he wasn't showing anything a few months ago when we got blood work done for him. in just 2 weeks he lost half his bodyweight and was drooling blood. RIP Finn, will never find another cat like you.

This happened with my partner's old cat. Came out of nowhere and caught us both by surprise. Condolences, that poo poo sucks hard.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I’m so sorry.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

I am so so sorry. This is going to sound super weird, but you may want to keep your eyes open over the next couple of weeks. I had a really emotional episode in the early fall due to a neighbourhood cat who had passed unexpectedly from cancer (I am still torn up over it, I absolutely should have done more despite her not being my cat, her owner was in no place to care for himself let alone a cat), and two weeks later Georgeous George arrived. In the 15 years I've lived here, I've never had a stray kitten turn up in my yard until that moment.

The cat distribution system is very much real, and I hope it finds you. I think Finn would want that.

Jailbrekr fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 13, 2023

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

condolences

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

I'm sorry, he was a beautiful little guy.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:(

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

RIP to a real one. Seeing my cats suffer like that is my worst nightmare I'm sorry goon, my condolences. You did the right thing by letting him pass peacefully :hai:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Jailbrekr posted:

I am so so sorry. This is going to sound super weird, but you may want to keep your eyes open over the next couple of weeks. I had a really emotional episode in the early fall due to a neighbourhood cat who had passed unexpectedly from cancer (I am still torn up over it, I absolutely should have done more despite her not being my cat, her owner was in no place to care for himself let alone a cat), and two weeks later Georgeous George arrived. In the 15 years I've lived here, I've never had a stray kitten turn up in my yard until that moment.

The cat distribution system is very much real, and I hope it finds you. I think Finn would want that.

My husband had an outdoor cat for I think 15 years, she never left our property, ever, but her she was getting old and her vision and hearing was failing. She was offered many, many chances to spend her final time as an indoor cat but she refused and was savagely killed by two loose dogs in our own driveway their owner knew were violent and had attacked people and animals before and kept letting them get loose.

In the mean time a stay had kittens under my in-law's shed, two of which became our two indoor cats and despite having a number of community cats (There is an active trap and release program in our neighborhood), none of them showed much interest in taking over our old cat's territory.

Then one day a cat that is the spitting image of our old cat showed up at our backdoor where our old cat would always show up at, small, underweight, looked so sad, I think after she was trapped and released she was never able to establish a territory for herself and was running out of time and came knocking on our door.

Several month later she is happy, put on a healthy amount of weight and shows up at our back door every morning and night for her bowl or just to hangout, it's like the universe was holding a spot for the spitting image of our old cat to take over.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I was expecting the last cat to get struck by lightning or something with the way your story was going

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Pomme de Terror posted:

If he's anything like our chonky boy, he might have been given perfectly fine food, but was too stressed from being separated from you. When Kaz got put in quarantine when we moved to Korea, he had his special food, he just didn't eat as much as normal because he wasn't with us or our other cat.

Content for today: my wife had a turkey sandwich for the first time in a while and Pequod stalked her while she was making it, hopped up into the wife's spot while she was carrying the sandwich over, then proceeded to chirp and mrow until given turkey repeatedly, and then slapped my wife's hand when she didn't hand a piece over fast enough

Skillet has always been healthy weight for his size, definitely a chonker. But healthy weight for his size. Maybe it has something to do with him not being fixed until full yowling adulthood when we got him? He was underweight when we got him back.

But good news, after days of just watching his sisters munch, he devoured his bowl last night, then his sisters leftovers, then meowed at my sister-in-law till she gave treats.

Now he’s the only one awake as early as me and eyeing me while I try to make quiet coffee from the cabinet right next to treats

My hungry baby is back

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

vale finn, beautiful boy lived too short. so sorry for your loss

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm going for squeezes on them toe beans every time and I don't care what it costs me

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

blocked the gate and refused to let me in

rear end in a top hat

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mei has been getting into salads. For a while now she's tried to steal pieces of salad and spinach off my plates, so I've started giving her a handful of leaves when I make my own plate so she doesn't immediately come mooch off me.

It doesn't always work.

Apparently spinach is healthy for cats so I guess the clean stuff without any dressing or oils from spicy foods on it is OK for her to eat!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Not my cat but it was in the news here that a cat had made it's way into a morgue and cause "damage" to some corpses.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Message from my cat who just jumped across the keyboard: "1414"

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Here are my cats who have not yet developed a taste for human flesh. Two nice 7 kilo cats.

Though I have awakened sometimes with one of them gnawing on my fingers and purring...

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

His Divine Shadow posted:

Not my cat but it was in the news here that a cat had made it's way into a morgue and cause "damage" to some corpses.

cats rule so much. I hope my cat eats my face when I die alone in my house, it must eat to sustain itself, i happily sacrifice my flesh for its sustenance

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
got all dolled up for a night out

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
with her friend missy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Morally Inept parachute account spotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

Message from my cat who just jumped across the keyboard: "1414"

All Dogs Are Dicks