Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Kwolok posted:

It looks rear end.

It was fun when I played it 12 years ago.

I cannot imagine that it will be fun in VR now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Kwolok posted:

It looks rear end.

Yeah that seriously looks like something that should have been released 5-6 years ago.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Bulletstorm VR looks like poo poo and also I'm sure Bulletstorm in general has aged like milk.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Resist seems fun, but man do you need VR legs for it.

Loved the power wash sim joke in the tutorial.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I found Bulletstorm extremely dull when it came out and dropped it after a few hours, and the fact that it has been forgotten by everyone until now probably means I was right to think that.

LIterallyABikeshop
Nov 13, 2023
if you want me to play your game maybe don't put Arizona in the name

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
arizona sunshine always seemed like the WACKY :xd: zombie game so i have avoided it

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Al! posted:

arizona sunshine always seemed like the WACKY :xd: zombie game so i have avoided it

The coop ammo duplication bug in the first ones DLC was really great/silly/hilarious.

Me and a friend found a room that we could sit against a wall IRL that was also in the game, and we had no entry points that we couldn't see.

So we'd just dupe ammo, shoot dudes, and chill out. Was ridiculous.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I liked Arizona Sunshine well enough when I first played it on PSVR like 6 years ago. I think it was my first "VR guns" experience.

The mine section was unbearable though. I am not spending close to AAA prices for the sequel.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Beastie posted:

I liked Arizona Sunshine well enough when I first played it on PSVR like 6 years ago. I think it was my first "VR guns" experience.

The mine section was unbearable though. I am not spending close to AAA prices for the sequel.

Same. It was a legit good time and for its time it was pretty solid all around IMO.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
It's one of the handful of VR games I've actually played all the way through :v:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed playing Bulletstorm on my Switch, with the humble visuals, a year ago.

I think the VR version will be great, if the port is technically well executed.

I almost always love a well done VR port of a flatscreen game. We need games with a substantial amount of gameplay and content. So bring it on.

And the visuals look alright. The Light Brigade is a beloved game and it's graphics are sucky.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

The Eyes Have It posted:

It's one of the handful of VR games I've actually played all the way through :v:

Also same
:v:

pantsfree
Oct 22, 2012

Bondematt posted:

Resist seems fun, but man do you need VR legs for it.

Loved the power wash sim joke in the tutorial.

I finished the (short) story, it was fun. I think they did a really good job on the movement. The advanced mode is much better. It runs great. Good voice work.

Feel they had a lot of constraints, though. The city is just a smallish square surrounded by water, visually it’s very bland. The challenges/mini games were pretty simple and repetitive, didn’t see the need to finish more than the minimum required for the story.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I got a quest 3 and lose inputs, specifically on the right controller, in beat saber. It'll lose it for a second here and there, enough to kill a combo or lose a run on harder stuff. Does anyone else have this problem?

Also did getting the touch pros fix it? I've read they have a lot better tracking and I'd pay for them to beat saber in a quest 3 but $300 is a lot to spend blind. Maybe I'll just keep playing on my 2, I love the 3 but it's noticeably worse at losing the controllers.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

vaginite posted:

I got a quest 3 and lose inputs, specifically on the right controller, in beat saber. It'll lose it for a second here and there, enough to kill a combo or lose a run on harder stuff. Does anyone else have this problem?

Also did getting the touch pros fix it? I've read they have a lot better tracking and I'd pay for them to beat saber in a quest 3 but $300 is a lot to spend blind. Maybe I'll just keep playing on my 2, I love the 3 but it's noticeably worse at losing the controllers.

My right controller did the same thing. I readjusted the battery and made sure it fit snug, that cleared it up for me. YMMV.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Quest 3 tracks its controllers using both infrared LEDs and by hand tracking. The hand tracking makes up for the loss of the LEDs that would be on the tracking ring. It is possible that with fast Beat Saber movements, the LEDs might not be visible and the hand tracking might not be able to keep up. It's just a conjecture though. Pro controllers have cameras built in so they would never lose tracking.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I had a case in BS where my controller would lose tracking (like 1sec drop) after hitting blocks sometimes. I finally just replaced the in box batteries with Duracells and it’s worked fine for a while.

Haven’t been playing a ton lately but man Tetris Effect just hits some chemical release in my brain. Gonna be the “demo” app, along with Walkabout, for family this Xmas

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there a music app on the Quest? Something that would run in the background during another app like 11TT lol

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Crazyweasel posted:

Haven’t been playing a ton lately but man Tetris Effect just hits some chemical release in my brain. Gonna be the “demo” app, along with Walkabout, for family this Xmas

Tetris Effect sounds loving amazing with my Sennheiser's.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.
Are Quest referrals still a thing? I should receive my Q3 in the coming days and I wouldn't mind some extra free cash.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Captain Swing posted:

Are Quest referrals still a thing? I should receive my Q3 in the coming days and I wouldn't mind some extra free cash.

Still a thing. But I don't know if they work if you already has a Quest 11/2 or is it only for new registered users
https://www.meta.com/referrals/link/TurinTurambar/

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

Turin Turambar posted:

Still a thing. But I don't know if they work if you already has a Quest 11/2 or is it only for new registered users
https://www.meta.com/referrals/link/TurinTurambar/

Thanks. Never officially owned one, and also I created a new account, so we should be good.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I also had an issue with the Quest 3 right hand controller that went away when I took the battery out and put it back in. Haven't had it since I switch to rechargeables. It worried me at the time but I completely forgot about it until hearings so many people had the same experience.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

In Ghosts of Tabor rifles will lose tracking occasionally with the quest 3, particularly when aiming downwards. It’s gotten me killed a couple of times, the q2 tracking is better at certain angles.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I have noticed with my quest 3 that passthrough has gotten more "Jittery"? I am not sure why its happening...

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

as cool as it'd be to have one right now this is exactly why I'm not touching the Quest 3 until at least next summer, want to see what goes terribly wrong first

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Ended up pulling the trigger and ordering a PSVR2 with some gift cards I got for Christmas. Here's hoping RE 4 and 8 blow my socks off like it seems to be for everyone else who's played it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Ended up pulling the trigger and ordering a PSVR2 with some gift cards I got for Christmas. Here's hoping RE 4 and 8 blow my socks off like it seems to be for everyone else who's played it.

7 also has VR. It's absolutely pants shittingly terrifying

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Dumb question, but I'm stumped for Christmas present ideas: is there such a thing as a "cheap" (~$150) VR headset these days, that's actually worth having?

I can see the older Meta Quest model is going for a bit less than twice that, but that can't be the bottom end of the market can it? (Also those have quite a bit of onboard processing power, right? I'd be getting this for someone with a half-decent gaming laptop, so they don't really need that - I think, unless I'm wrong about how this works)

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Brutal Garcon posted:

Dumb question, but I'm stumped for Christmas present ideas: is there such a thing as a "cheap" (~$150) VR headset these days, that's actually worth having?

I can see the older Meta Quest model is going for a bit less than twice that, but that can't be the bottom end of the market can it? (Also those have quite a bit of onboard processing power, right? I'd be getting this for someone with a half-decent gaming laptop, so they don't really need that - I think, unless I'm wrong about how this works)

Quest 2 is going to be it in the US. It's both the bottom price and the best intro to VR.

It can do standalone, but shines using airlink or virtual desktop for wireless VR using a pc.

It's using the same chip as flagship smartphones.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Thanks everyone - I'll swap the batteries on my right controller tonight and see if that fixes it. Doesn't seem to be a connection issue, more like when doing big swings the cameras "lose" the controller for a second. I'll report if that works.

Has anyone got the pro ones? I heard they have their own built in tracking and are much better at tracking, and if they are I'll drop the cash on them but want some non-shill confirmation of it first.

Beastie posted:

Confirming this - RE7 in VR is terrifying. It's the only RE that's been made in awhile that's horror and survival focused and not bang-bang-pew-pew zombies and it works real good in VR if you can stomach the anxiety.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

vaginite posted:

Thanks everyone - I'll swap the batteries on my right controller tonight and see if that fixes it. Doesn't seem to be a connection issue, more like when doing big swings the cameras "lose" the controller for a second. I'll report if that works.

Has anyone got the pro ones? I heard they have their own built in tracking and are much better at tracking, and if they are I'll drop the cash on them but want some non-shill confirmation of it first.

Confirming this - RE7 in VR is terrifying. It's the only RE that's been made in awhile that's horror and survival focused and not bang-bang-pew-pew zombies and it works real good in VR if you can stomach the anxiety.

I love my pro controllers, but I've read that they too have issues.

Biggest one is intermittent overheating, have not experienced it myself, but not thrilled that Meta's answer is to just set it down for 30minutes.

Tracking wise they are great.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kwolok posted:

I have noticed with my quest 3 that passthrough has gotten more "Jittery"? I am not sure why its happening...

In the past week twice my headset has just lost position and I've "fallen" through the real world in MR lol?

The headset did fall three feet from a table once

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Beastie posted:

Doesn't work for PSVR 2, they didn't bother porting it unfortunately. I'm a giant loving baby and I think it'd only be the first hour that would frighten the hell out of me, but man, what an hour. I held off playing that game for like three years because I thought it was going to be only jump scares based on the demo/first hour of gameplay.

Alien Isolation is another one that would be cool if they officially implemented that mod.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Brutal Garcon posted:

Quest 2 is $250 right now (there was a black friday deal where you'd also get a $50 credit as well but I think that's over), that's pretty much your best bet. Quest 3 will be noticeably better in almost all ways, but it's $500. Some games will look a bit prettier, but by and large the Quest 2 is still a great deal

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Brutal Garcon posted:

A used Quest 2 from craigslist will get you that price range

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if youre icky about buying a quest used the face covers are totally replaceable

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Thanks everyone. Didn't know how up to date the OP was, and trying to find actual good advice with an internet search these days is... non-trivial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIterallyABikeshop
Nov 13, 2023
ghosts of tabor just crashes on launch for me over and over, returning asap