Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Foo Diddley posted:

lmaoooo so basically, if you want to go offroading in your cybertruck, you need to bring along a second, more capable truck

goons wrong again

https://twitter.com/DirtyTesLa/status/1734430281069678985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

oh I forgot proper brakes too because if that thing starts going backwards downhill I don't think there's any way to save it, and there's definitely no way for the driver or passengers to bail

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
do Californian car engineers know that there's weather conditions that arent always 60+ degrees and water sometimes freezes?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PhazonLink posted:

do Californian car engineers know that there's weather conditions that arent always 60+ degrees and water sometimes freezes?

Interesting

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PhazonLink posted:

that video's not a california car engineer problem like the hatches and stuff, that's a fundamentals issue

it's missing critical hardware to do what it's trying to do, as well as being overweight and probably not properly weight balanced

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
not if they want to work for tesla they don't

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

We all know what happens when Elon gets told to censor stuff on Twitter, Erdogan already did it and Elon folded like a wet blanket.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:lol::lol::lol::lol: that F250 could go rip donuts in that field, come to a dead stop and let the mud congeal, and still drive itself out. Probably wouldnt need four wheel drive.

The cybertruck is stuck because of its weird tires, crappy AWD system, and massive weight. A Subaru Forester could get out of that.

PhazonLink posted:

Yes, people drive to Tahoe on the weekends :v:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vampire Panties posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: that F250 could go rip donuts in that field, come to a dead stop and let the mud congeal, and still drive itself out. Probably wouldnt need four wheel drive.

The cybertruck is stuck because of its weird tires, crappy AWD system, and massive weight. A Subaru Forester could get out of that.

it's really embarrassing when I can look at what it's doing and go "a 2wd 6cyl e85 capable '99 ranger with all-weathers can probably do that with some work"

the CYBRTVCK is a very bad car

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

smellmycheese posted:

I have created Grok 9000

Wait, wasn't this literally the response grok gave when someone asked it to "roast" elon? I remember that lovely loving "he's like the mad scientist of the tech world, mixing poo poo" line.

I mean of course it would be since grok is just ChatGPT with an "act like a mildly snarky dipshit" prompt, but doubly hilarious since it's barely been a day since they last insisted that no no grok is 100% original.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Expectation:

Reality:

https://twitter.com/DirtyTesLa/status/1734412989703295354

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vampire Panties posted:

Sometimes we drive an 1/8th of a mile on a mildly bumpy dirt road to get to a hiking trail head

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Yaccity jack (don’t talk back)

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

it's really embarrassing when I can look at what it's doing and go "a 2wd 6cyl e85 capable '99 ranger with all-weathers can probably do that with some work"

the CYBRTVCK is a very bad car

:hmmyes: I think its actually a victim of its own stupid torque. If you stopped the ranger in the field and loaded up a tree, you could control the power to get the truck moving without breaking traction. In the CYBRFVCK, in this video and the Hollister Hills, its obvious that the AWD + computer control apply 100000% torque with a touch of the throttle. The CYBRFVCK could get stuck on wet grass. All of the other manufacturers have crawl control modes which address this issue specifically, but :tesla:

:pusheen:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
ohh god the overlanding kits are going to be so ridiculous for the cybertruck. Will we see more of those around with extra gas tanks, tent frames on the roof (somehow?) and all sorts of other geegaws like you see toyota tacomas outfitted like that around here?

Don't forget the vaguely military looking subdued window decals of flags or a skull or whatever.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vampire Panties posted:

:hmmyes: I think its actually a victim of its own stupid torque. If you stopped the ranger in the field and loaded up a tree, you could control the power to get the truck moving without breaking traction. In the CYBRFVCK, in this video and the Hollister Hills, its obvious that the AWD + computer control apply 100000% torque with a touch of the throttle. The CYBRFVCK could get stuck on wet grass. All of the other manufacturers have crawl control modes which address this issue specifically, but :tesla:

that's absolutely 100% a problem, and Tesla did nothing to engineer for this problem; because they aren't allowed to crib from established manufacturers, and reinventing the wheel of a 5-ton "overland" truck is not really a simple task

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

ohh god the overlanding kits are going to be so ridiculous for the cybertruck. Will we see more of those around with extra gas tanks, tent frames on the roof (somehow?) and all sorts of other geegaws like you see toyota tacomas outfitted like that around here?

Don't forget the vaguely military looking subdued window decals of flags or a skull or whatever.

:lol:

Not pictured - the mandatory generator and multiple gas cans required to actually go overlanding. Nerds are going to be real sad when their 300lb roof top tent means they get 80 miles to a charge.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lol I'd seen that first one but the 2nd two are more like what I was thinking.. especially the last one with the wheel board thingie, I see so many trucks around here with that and various external gas tanks and poo poo.

Elon needs to add remote control via phone for 4x4ers so they can hit a button to go forward and then so many of them accidentally launch it into a ravine

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

priznat posted:

They have something even more epic

$55 lol

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

priznat posted:

I think you get to choose just one of a) extra battery for extended range, b) rooftop tent, or c) spare tire per cybertruck because there's no room for anything else.

I assume that means for an offroading trip you'll need three cybertrucks for each of those things and a Ford Ranger to haul them out of the tiny pothole they each got stuck in.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

Lol I'd seen that first one but the 2nd two are more like what I was thinking.. especially the last one with the wheel board thingie, I see so many trucks around here with that and various external gas tanks and poo poo.

Elon needs to add remote control via phone for 4x4ers so they can hit a button to go forward and then so many of them accidentally launch it into a ravine

:lol: if the CYBRFVCK had a couple of those traction boards it could have probably unstuck itself. alternatively the backside of the plastic may have slipped on the snow/grass as well, and the CYBRFVCK would have launched that thing into orbit.

Not a :lol: - that stupid truck being truck sized but having monster truck power and armored truck weight is gonna get a lot of people hurt

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Vampire Panties posted:

Not pictured - the mandatory generator and multiple gas cans required to actually go overlanding. Nerds are going to be real sad when their 300lb roof top tent means they get 80 miles to a charge.

So I guess you have to find the perfect decline to park on so you have a level surface to sleep on.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vampire Panties posted:

Not a :lol: - that stupid truck being truck sized but having monster truck power and armored truck weight is gonna get a lot of people hurt

it should not be allowed to be sold or driven on a public road, ever

when Ralph Nader talked about "unsafe at any speed," he couldn't even imagine some poo poo like this

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Vampire Panties posted:

Being designed from scratch from Professor Musk I’m going to guess they skipped the safety feature that prevents it moving without an rear end in the seat (seen in competitors such as the Rivian), and a Bazinga is 100% going to run themselves over

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Vampire Panties posted:

:lol: if the CYBRFVCK had a couple of those traction boards it could have probably unstuck itself. alternatively the backside of the plastic may have slipped on the snow/grass as well, and the CYBRFVCK would have launched that thing into orbit.

The brakes being woefully undersized for the power and weight of the thing is what is one of the biggest scary things about it for me, and there are a lot of other extremely scary things about it. But watching the youtube vids of it rocketing away then trying to stop fast and practically immolating the brakes is frightening.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

The brakes being woefully undersized for the power and weight of the thing is what is one of the biggest scary things about it for me, and there are a lot of other extremely scary things about it. But watching the youtube vids of it rocketing away then trying to stop fast and practically immolating the brakes is frightening.

they 1000% used off-the-shelf brakes for the mass-market sedan they make and if that truck started rolling backward in the christmas tree video it would have lit the brakes on fire while it rolled downhill uncontrolled and then crashed into a tree, most likely seriously injuring the driver because there are no crumple zones

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

gay picnic defence posted:

So I guess you have to find the perfect decline to park on so you have a level surface to sleep on.

How much does the air suspension articulate? there's also these stupid things:

but :lol: at parking your CYBRFVCK like a spaceship blasting off so you can sleep level

MrQwerty posted:

when Ralph Nader talked about "unsafe at any speed," he couldn't even imagine some poo poo like this

:hmmyes: look at this poo poo

The CYBRFVCK weighs three times what a Corvair did. 6600 pounds, 0-60 in 2.6 seconds, 35 inch tires, battering ram front bumper. Supposedly it has a braking distance of 60-0 in 107 feet, but that thing will kill every bug, bird, dog, cat, pedestrian, cyclist, motorcycle, and small car it hits.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Durf posted:

Being designed from scratch from Professor Musk I’m going to guess they skipped the safety feature that prevents it moving without an rear end in the seat (seen in competitors such as the Rivian), and a Bazinga is 100% going to run themselves over

we need a vid of that stupid fake muskbot dancer ghostriding the whip through a crowd of teslafans

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vampire Panties posted:

Supposedly it has a braking distance of 60-0 in 107 feet

that is an outright lie, average is 120-140

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 12, 2023

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

MrQwerty posted:

that is an outright lie, average is 120-140

Elon never lies, you are the lie

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I bet the real 60-0 is ~300-400 if they're using model 3 brakes

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vampire Panties posted:

:hmmyes: look at this poo poo

The CYBRFVCK weighs three times what a Corvair did. 6600 pounds, 0-60 in 2.6 seconds, 35 inch tires, battering ram front bumper. Supposedly it has a braking distance of 60-0 in 107 feet, but that thing will kill every bug, bird, dog, cat, pedestrian, cyclist, motorcycle, and small car it hits.

6000 lbs and it still almost rolls over at under 30 mph somehow.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

MrQwerty posted:

Nader's car safety organisation has already shared its thoughts on the cybertrukkk:

https://twitter.com/Ctr4AutoSafety/status/1732787648278700328

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

6000 lbs and it still almost rolls over at under 30 mph somehow.

two reasons

- all the weight is up high. Regular trucks dont have a thousand pounds in armor body panels*
- its a piece of poo poo

*:rubby: the loving CYBRFVCK is unibody. All those dumb panels are structural. Every single person who takes this off road is at genuine risk of totaling their truck. Even though they used the recovery points, there's an outside chance that Christmas Tree dude already ruined his truck. I'd be really curious how the truck drives and the front doors open/close after being winched out.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Vampire Panties posted:

Forester? I'm pretty sure I've gotten out of similar in my old French Renault Clio shitbox.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Foo Diddley posted:

maybe you've heard of "programmer art?" well, elon can't even program
but you are saying it's art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

...! posted:

Elon never lies, you are the lie

elon looked at the truck, and the size of the brakes, and in his thinking sectors created an audiovisual scene of it braking at speed, and was able to perfectly predict the forces. Just like that time he looked at some fixture in his factory, and told them they could use 4 bolts instead of 6. He has an ability to create a minature reality in his head and view it, a genius not witnessed till this very day.