Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Sancho Banana posted:

"Netanyahu: Oslo - A disaster that brought the same number of victims as October 7th"

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1734320866706558995?t=LeCVsiKxknvdnMoJrW9ZTA&s=19

israelis being extremely butthurt over oslo is one of the things I could never understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

palestinian islamic jihad posted pictures of their mortar teams hanging out and being dudes

======

After more than two months of war and the occupation’s claims that the resistance has lost control..

Al-Quds Brigades publishes scenes of its fighters stationed above the ground, preparing a “tomato fryer” and firing rockets and mortar shells, despite the continued intense overflights of occupation aircraft.

code:
https://x.com/palinfoar/status/1734531945436991998?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

oh a "tomato fryer" is probably code for a rocket launcher. or maybe they prepare the fuel.

*clicks*

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks for sharing, I threw some money his way :unsmith:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

israelis being extremely butthurt over oslo is one of the things I could never understand.

they're fascists who settled for less than turbomurder, op. it kills them inside

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

You don't remember the blood and soil death marches against Rabin led by the current Prime Minister and attended by the current Minister of National Security?

To a large amount of the Israeli population, even the smallest concession to the Palestinians is treason.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

To a large amount of the Israeli population, even the smallest concession to the Palestinians is treason.

it is blasphemy and in direct contravention with G-d's commandments

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Sancho Banana posted:

You don't remember the blood and soil death marches against Rabin led by the current Prime Minister and attended by the current Minister of National Security?

I was a kid, but I remember thinking it was really dumb even then. like motherfuckers you got 99% of what you wanted, chill.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

I was a kid, but I remember thinking it was really dumb even then. like motherfuckers you got 99% of what you wanted, chill.

That 1% was history's greatest crime.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

500excf type r posted:

His "tone neutral combat update" is a violation of the rules according to Zodium who specifically called it out as gore posting.

If you interpreted "don't report on the epic new gore videos that dropped" as "combat updates are illegal" then you'd be better off not posting here anymore just to be safe.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RobertSkvarla/status/1734563847023763672

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

If you interpreted "don't report on the epic new gore videos that dropped" as "combat updates are illegal" then you'd be better off not posting here anymore just to be safe.

Mod hat ON! :getin:

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Are moderators IDF or Hamas in this analogy :thunk:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://x.com/ecomarxi/status/1734279299782312107?s=20

it will be like history written with lightning

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

speng31b posted:

One of the reasons people won't drop it is that the mods keep disingenuously calling videos like the one al-saqr was referencing "gore videos." I think that the rules as laid out in the OP are fine, but that despite admitting that there is an acceptable spectrum of tolerance for violent images and the implication of violence in images, you keep painting what is explicitly named as ok with a warning as being the same as what is not.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

"105 IDF soldiers have died in the Gaza Strip since the beginning of the ground maneuver, 13 of them - from our own forces' fire

Anyone who has seen any of the footage IDF releases of them in urban combat can see that they are flagging each other constantly, no one lowers their barrels even when other soldiers are directly in front of them. it's not a precision thing, it's panic and no training.

It is like the urban warfare equivalent of watching 1st graders play soccer where no one plays positions or anything, they all cluster up around the ball and just end up kicking each other in the shins

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DTI

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

text editor posted:

Anyone who has seen any of the footage IDF releases of them in urban combat can see that they are flagging each other constantly, no one lowers their barrels even when other soldiers are directly in front of them. it's not a precision thing, it's panic and no training.

It is like the urban warfare equivalent of watching 1st graders play soccer where no one plays positions or anything, they all cluster up around the ball and just end up kicking each other in the shins

That video where they were shooting walls was a good example of this

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sherbert Hoover posted:

One of the reasons people won't drop it is that the mods keep disingenuously calling videos like the one al-saqr was referencing "gore videos." I think that the rules as laid out in the OP are fine, but that despite admitting that there is an acceptable spectrum of tolerance for violent images and the implication of violence in images, you keep painting what is explicitly named as ok with a warning as being the same as what is not.

I do think there's something to be said about how Hamas's videos are so [relatively] sanitized that they had to release an entirely separate video of a burnt out tank, to prove that they were capable of landing hits that could kill tanks, because all the previous videos they released would show an explosion, but no aftermath

and even the video of the burnt out tank, was just the tank being burnt out

to say nothing of the tunnel video that was taken within 50 meters of IDF troops only ever showing Hamas fighters being able to get that close - whatever was supposed to have happened next is only ever implied by the extremely close distance sans detection

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

punishedkissinger posted:

That video where they were shooting walls was a good example of this

Also one of the better examples of senseless gore videos. loving israel always sneaks in some horrific image of a dead person after they shoot walls and hallways for 15 minutes. Hamas normally shows poo poo like sniper fire or rpgs at a distance and does not linger on suffering.

obviously there are a million exceptions to anything but the bloodlust is so palpable in the israeli released combat footage.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

I do think there's something to be said about how Hamas's videos are so [relatively] sanitized that they had to release an entirely separate video of a burnt out tank, to prove that they were capable of landing hits that could kill tanks, because all the previous videos they released would show an explosion, but no aftermath

to say nothing of the tunnel video that was taken within 50 meters of IDF troops only ever showing Hamas fighters being able to get that close - whatever was supposed to have happened next is only ever implied by the extremely close distance sans detection

but the property destruction!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Sherbert Hoover posted:

all violent images aren't automatically illegal. some cases are obvious and others require common sense and context to judge. for example, even if something doesn't show gore, if the intention of presenting it seems to be bloodthirst, that will run afoul of the rules. if you're not sure you'd be better off avoiding it.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

It's loving with me that almost a fifth of the casualties they've admitted to are from accidents and friendly fire, along with all the officers. How exactly are they deciding which names to release? Because this is a bad look even if they're 100% honest about their casualty number, which they're almost certainly not.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

gradenko_2000 posted:

it’s not that they’re sanitized, it’s that Hamas fighters aren’t stupid and are prioritizing winning a war over getting detailed footage. videoing yourself blowing up a tank from range is one thing, popping out of cover to get a good shot of the tank you just blew up to make sure everyone can see how blown up it is is suicidal.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

end scene of raiders of the lost ark except Indy high fives with the nazis and they team up against the true evil: Hamas

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

i say swears online posted:

EFPs were a later development after basic IEDs, and by then I think the army was mostly in MRAP mode, so iunno how many examples of abrams getting got there actually are from the mid-2000s

Is this the case? The RAF used one in 89 so I imagine the working principles were well known.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Israeli Channel 12: Many Israelis took advantage of Portugal’s announcement allowing them to obtain asylum visas

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1734550196476928130?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Have you heard him talk in English? He sounds just like Brad Garett. He could easily do this.

bibi literally went to high school in the suburbs of philly and went back to israel to join the IDF because he hated the 'superficial' and 'liberal' way of life in the us lmao

so i guess it's less unlikely than you might think!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

america is threatening the houthis which probably means the houthis will capture twelve more ships soon

The Guardian: Washington warned the Houthis of the possibility of failure of the peace plan in Yemen if their attacks on commercial ships continued.

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1734571685150380365?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Al-Saqr posted:

america is threatening the houthis which probably means the houthis will capture twelve more ships soon

The Guardian: Washington warned the Houthis of the possibility of failure of the peace plan in Yemen if their attacks on commercial ships continued.

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1734571685150380365?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

I'm surprised it took this long.

International sea trade is way more of a pillar of empire than genocide-land-junior

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lmfao

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I graduated from Israeli MKULTRA and all I got was a headache

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

brainwashing isn’t really a thing is it? it’s just a cover story to explain away why korea vets told people they were using biological weapons?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Al-Saqr posted:

i only follow the following news channels for 100% reliability.

aljazeera

https://x.com/ajarabic?s=11&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

aljazeera breakinf

https://x.com/ajabreaking?s=21&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

alaraby

https://x.com/alarabytv?s=21&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

any other account i post i would consider rumors and speculation or opinion

Thanks for the links and for your posts.
:tipshat:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

lol

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Hmmm how can a peace plan fail when none is in place? Maybe you should hurry and and make one before more houthis take your ships

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Al-Saqr posted:

the peace plan was force all the palestinians out of gaza but when nobody wanted to take responsibility for a concentration camp within their own borders it appears to have moved to putting the PA over gaza to help israel liquidate it like it did the west bank so i dont think anser allah gives a poo poo about the western "peace" plan

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

It’s so unspeakable I’m going to make a movie about it and give it the largest platform in the world

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jel Shaker posted:

brainwashing isn’t really a thing is it? it’s just a cover story to explain away why korea vets told people they were using biological weapons?

yes. Korean POWs that returned with a favorable opinion on communism (there goes that Stockholm Syndrome again!) and wanted to whistleblow on US use of biological weapons were deemed to have been brainwashed as the only possible explanation for having the opinions that they did

and if the commies could brainwash people, then that means brainwashing could be discovered and learned by the West for its own purposes

and that sets off the entire Epstein-ian rabbit hole of America genuinely attempting to invent methods of brainwashing

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

https://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/60419

uhhh

quote:

From statements given by the IDF Spokesperson’s Unit, it appears that IDF infantry units operating and fighting in the Gaza Strip make extensive use of the Smash sight manufactured by the Israeli company Smart Shooter.

For example, IDF Spokesperson's Unit photographs identified the sight of the "Maglan" special unit of the commando brigade which raided a terrorist's house and located underground shafts near a school in the Shati neighborhood in the northern Gaza Strip. In addition, the spokesperson reported that the 51st battalion of the "Golani" brigade makes use of Smash sights to neutralize drone swarm threats launched at troops from the battalion.

According to SMARTSHOOTER, the SMASH family of Fire Control Solutions offers precise, swift, and simple hard-kill elimination of UASs. It put a precision anti-drone capability at the fingertips of its users, featuring built-in targeting algorithms that can track and hit even very small drones skimming along at high speed.

SMASH is a solution that brings all shooters to an expert level – even when countering small drones and UASs. Handheld operated, remotely controlled, or UGV mounted, the SMASH Family of fire control systems uses AI, computer vision, and advanced algorithms to ensure precise hit capabilities, enhance forces' situational awareness and lethality, and make sure that only the target will be hit and not any innocent bystanders.

SMASH Fire Control System (FCS) is an external add-on solution that can be integrated into any assault rifle. Once the user identifies the target (independently or using the detection system guidance) and locks on it, SMASH tracks its movements and synchronizes the shot release to ensure fast and precise hits on the target. Using computer-aided impact prediction processing, SMASH improves user situational awareness and promises precise, swift, safe, and simple hard-kill elimination of drone threats. SMASH can be operated as a stand-alone solution, as well as combined with other systems to provide an effective multi-layer defense solution.

SMASH allows connectivity with C4I systems, battle management systems, and external sensors. It can receive guidance from environmental sensors or detection systems, often enabling the systems to "see" the threat before the human eye can – especially in emergency situations, where every second counts.

The SMASH fire control systems are currently operational in various defense, HLS, and border security forces worldwide, spanning England, Europe, the USA, India, and others. Early 2018, we reported in "IsraelDefense" that the IDF purchased approximately 2,250 Smash sights for the infantry brigades and elite units in the IDF and they are mounted on the M4A1 and Tabor X-95 assault rifles.

https://www.smart-shooter.com/

So they're using aimbots? Does this really work? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

saudi foreign minister is saying some really tough things, im genuinely surprised, seems like the alarm bells are ringing for arab regimes that america has gone insane and they are in danger if they dont do something to save themselves

Saudi Foreign Minister: The Palestinian people face the risk of annihilation without any action, and there is an intolerable double standard

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1734581521183342828?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

maybe you can start taking actions, o good minster?