Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I swear that Dominos commercial is an honorary CBB character at this point they talk about it so much. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

ArtVandelay posted:

The Janet Varney EP of Neighborhood Listen is one of the best. She comes in and is immediately deranged, and PFT barely knows what to do.

It’s so rare to hear PFT bewildered like that and it was delightful.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Rags to Liches posted:

It’s so rare to hear PFT bewildered like that and it was delightful.

She has a way of doing that to him. Listen to her appearances on Spont.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
New Neighborhood Listen is very good, Vic is a great guest.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think that between this and CBB, Brett's off-mic laugh is bringing me as much joy as PFT's

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Oui

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Vics been great this week between Neighborhood Listen and CBB.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah I just listened to their neighborhood, uh, listen episode, they're joining the ranks of guests I will specifically listen to an episode for.

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 14, 2023

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Just so you know, and I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but Vic's pronouns are they/them.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Busting out "So you may have noticed my arms are in casts" like 15 minutes into the character's appearance just killed me

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

ashpanash posted:

Just so you know, and I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but Vic's pronouns are they/them.

ope, didn't know that, ty

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
brett gelman did this hilarious set earlier today, hope it gets posted up

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

UP AND ADAM posted:

brett gelman did this hilarious set earlier today, hope it gets posted up

lmao I can't believe how much I went from loving this dude to hating him in record time.

I guess he doesn't just play massive assholes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Oh dear.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Brett Gelman is once again banned from the show

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

A critical case of iBrain

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Was gonna ask which show and then found it...

"Say absolutely not when these cowards try to make you think you are anything but true heroes of the new world." loving yikes.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
im giving that the White Castle yikes of the week

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Out of curiosity, how far in advance are CBB eps recorded? Just curious how long they're gonna bring up the strike.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lisa Gilroy is on the newest Dough Boys podcast about Milk Bar, and she’s delightful.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

grittyreboot posted:

Out of curiosity, how far in advance are CBB eps recorded? Just curious how long they're gonna bring up the strike.

It seems to vary a lot just simply based on Scott's schedule.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Speedboat Jones posted:

Lisa Gilroy is on the newest Dough Boys podcast about Milk Bar, and she’s delightful.

She's completely weird on the neighborhood listen episode she did. Great stuff.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Von Linus posted:

She's completely weird on the neighborhood listen episode she did. Great stuff.

has she ever been normal on a podcast?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Drew Tarver dropping a lemon party reference surprised the hell out of me.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Drew Tarver dropping a lemon party reference surprised the hell out of me.

I remember it was referenced on 30 rock so pretty mainstream by CBB standards imo.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

0konner posted:

I remember it was referenced on 30 rock so pretty mainstream by CBB standards imo.

It's not a Lemon party without old Dick!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

e: wrong thread

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
have it on good authority that Bean Dip just filmed a pilot for a tv show

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
First call on this week's Hey Randy triggered flashbacks to later episodes of Womp It Up, when the Listler's Love Lockdown questions had gone from light and goofy "Online dating is hard! Any advice?" stuff to "Dear 'Wompler' and 'Listler': Please help me process legitimate trauma."

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ben Rodgers is on Dough Boys this week and reminding me I really need to subscribe on Patreon and listen to Action Boyz

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Action Boyz is one of the best bang-for-your-buck Patreons out there. What started off as a 60 minute "Let's talk about the craziest bits from a dumb action movie" show gradually turned into a weekly 2+ hour movie recap/bro hangout.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
ABZ recently admitted that their episode about the film Sidekicks got “away from them” at… 3 hours and 55 minutes.

And yet somehow their Lawnmower Man episode is even longer.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JethroMcB posted:

Action Boyz is one of the best bang-for-your-buck Patreons out there. What started off as a 60 minute "Let's talk about the craziest bits from a dumb action movie" show gradually turned into a weekly 2+ hour movie recap/bro hangout.

I first heard them when Gabrus had them both on High and Mighty and it was so funny. Just dudes shooting the poo poo about action movies and the funniest impressions I’ve ever heard!

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
I listened to Ben Rodgers out of character for the first time on a three hour episode of Subtitles On, and he seems cool. Funny to hear two Hollywood writers talk about how they can't type in front of other people.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Has anyone seen Saltburn because there's a great scene featuring a land virginny

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I saw Andy Daly isn't part of CBB World anymore, making it once again kinda annoying to access his podcasts. At least Bonanas For Bonanza seems to be slowly getting uploaded to Apple Podcasts again with ads so theres some way to share it with people.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ccs posted:

I saw Andy Daly isn't part of CBB World anymore, making it once again kinda annoying to access his podcasts. At least Bonanas For Bonanza seems to be slowly getting uploaded to Apple Podcasts again with ads so theres some way to share it with people.

Oh good, Spotify has it too.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ccs posted:

The Wolf Dead

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah Andy broke off on his own almost a year ago at this point - his shows went on hiatus around the holidays, CBB World sent out notification that he'd be pulling his content by February and then he started his own patreon in the spring. More power to him, but I haven't been compelled to buy in just to get caught up on Bonanas yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love Andy and hope this plan is working out for him, but if you want weekly stuff you’re paying almost the same as CBB World for essentially one show. Given there seems to be no falling out, I’m still confused as to why he went this direction.

I like the Big Grande way of making a bunch of episodes in season packs, charging you one sum for it and it’s yours forever.