Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

redshirt posted:

Who technically owned the Alamo playset? Jules or Myles?

Still in awe that two dudes with jobs - and one with a family - were able to build a massive wargame table AND get together regularly enough to play their historical campaign.

Star Trek truly is a utopia...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

play by male

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Aww his Irish accent wasn't that strong in DS9!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Amvrt_Zog

Alas, if DS9 was made only 20 years later, O'Brien would use swearing as punctuation like he was always meant to, and also DS9 would suck balls.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Cthulu Carl posted:

Still in awe that two dudes with jobs - and one with a family - were able to build a massive wargame table AND get together regularly enough to play their historical campaign.

Star Trek truly is a utopia...

replicator

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Alas, if DS9 was made only 20 years later, O'Brien would use swearing as punctuation like he was always meant to, and also DS9 would suck balls.

I still think that Kira should've been allowed to say gently caress. She really deserved it.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

MikeJF posted:

I still think that Kira should've been allowed to say gently caress. She really deserved it.

When would she have said it?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cookie Cutter posted:

With/at Dukat

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Cookie Cutter posted:

Literally her first scene

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

the DS9 doc suggested that at least some if the writers wanted a Kira/Dukat romance which blows my mind

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

punishedkissinger posted:

the DS9 doc suggested that at least some if the writers wanted a Kira/Dukat romance which blows my mind

I'm glad they just settled on a 2am "I Banged Your Mom" call

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

maybeadracula posted:

I'm glad they just settled on a 2am "I Banged Your Mom" call

From reading between the lines this was only because Nana Visitor refused

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

dukat should be loving jake's sexpot dabo ex girlfriend

thats just the right level of sleeze and plot

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Yeah Kira reciprocating in any way would be character destroying but Dukat having an unrequited shameful crush on her is perfect. Marc Alaimo is so good at playing those moments when Dukat's arrogance turns into self loathing.

https://i.imgur.com/KniL8Vk.mp4

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtube.com/shorts/YJ8PrYSAugw?si=0crYvpr_O3A5AGvm

Bajor: planet snark

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Among Cardassians insults are flirting. Dukat mistakenly thought all the Bajorans were really horney for him.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Facebook Aunt posted:

Among Cardassians insults are flirting. Dukat mistakenly thought all the Bajorans were really horney for him.

That sounds more like Tellarites

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Facebook Aunt posted:

I know this is a joke but seriously? That makes way too much loving sense

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

bunnyofdoom posted:

I know this is a joke but seriously? That makes way too much loving sense

100% facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7o9ZtipVyo

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Literally she's got a blue spoon for him.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Lick the spoon, O'Brien

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

"Computer, play 'Daydream' by The Lovin' Spoonful"

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Everyone loses their memory and Riker tries for both Diana and Ro.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

redshirt posted:

Are the Cardassians also evolved from that ancient progenitor species that seeded the galaxy? That Not A Founder Alien lady?

It gets even more complicated she is from the year 5000.

LaughchainGoesBrr
Dec 13, 2023

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Got to the episode where both Kes leave and Seven joins which even by Voyager's standards was really strange.

Kes' departure was abrupt. She's working with Tuvok on controlling her incredibly powerful mind powers one minute then after 2 conversations she's a ball of light on a shuttle saying my gift to you or whatever. Then a couple scenes later 7 is all dolled up with hair and a bodysuit and an attitude that she pivoted from we must be back with the collective to hey I'm here in a single scene, also a really abrupt transition. Maybe she'll push back in later episodes but I doubt it. She was cheery 7 by the end of the episode.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Got to the episode where both Kes leave and Seven joins which even by Voyager's standards was really strange.

Kes' departure was abrupt. She's working with Tuvok on controlling her incredibly powerful mind powers one minute then after 2 conversations she's a ball of light on a shuttle saying my gift to you or whatever. Then a couple scenes later 7 is all dolled up with hair and a bodysuit and an attitude that she pivoted from we must be back with the collective to hey I'm here in a single scene, also a really abrupt transition. Maybe she'll push back in later episodes but I doubt it. She was cheery 7 by the end of the episode.

The only episode that 7 can at all be called "Cheery" in is the one where she's being mind controlled as a french partisan in nazi occupied holo-france.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

or occupied by the Dr.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I actually can't even think of a happy ending episode for Seven. They all kind of end with her right back at the beginning.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Hollismason posted:

I actually can't even think of a happy ending episode for Seven.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
All the singing scenes in Star Trek are good. :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGpLrGOEI3Y

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

still somehow not as weird as the episode where kes returns for a hot minute

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

DrSunshine posted:

All the singing scenes in Star Trek are good. :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGpLrGOEI3Y

Agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urixf-E6SWE

or this one since Worf looks so drat proud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwhBUSB1iXg

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Dec 14, 2023

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

One legit ends with character development and Seven finding comfort in being around her crewmates. It's a good episode, and has her actually grow away from the comforts of being a Borg towards her lost humanity.

Of course it all gets reset at the start of the next episode, but it was there til the credits rolled for a scene or two.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

complimented somebody on the lovely job they were doing in a way it was obvious I was calling out their lovely work but they couldn’t say anything because superficially I was praising them. call that a winn win

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Trying posted:

complimented somebody on the lovely job they were doing in a way it was obvious I was calling out their lovely work but they couldn’t say anything because superficially I was praising them. call that a winn win

In space?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Trying posted:

Nice job posting! :thumbsup:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it’s a WINN win. a WINN win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Actually by your standards you have done a good job, my child.