Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Mezzanon posted:

What is going on in your continent? RC invites should be easy to get. Here in North America it feels like every game store runs and rcq per season with 1-4 invites on the line and larger TO’s will host opens that are 100 player + and offer invites to top 16. Getting a pro tour invite means you have to top 8 the RC though.

Legacy (the TO, not the format) has the license for all of Europe and Africa. They charge a poo poo ton to LGSs for the event package (like 300€) and vastly prefer Italian LGSs, being Italian themselves. Stores are forbidden from hosting events which offer more than one slot, among other nonsense. Basically our qualification system is run by incompetent jerks, which is why all of Germany has like 8 RCQs per season while the Italians get 30+. And a Modern RCQ in my region easily gets over 70 players for a single slot.

At least our RC sends the top 24 to the Pro Tour I guess?!

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Katana Gomai posted:

Legacy (the TO, not the format) has the license for all of Europe and Africa. They charge a poo poo ton to LGSs for the event package (like 300€) and vastly prefer Italian LGSs, being Italian themselves. Stores are forbidden from hosting events which offer more than one slot, among other nonsense. Basically our qualification system is run by incompetent jerks, which is why all of Germany has like 8 RCQs per season while the Italians get 30+. And a Modern RCQ in my region easily gets over 70 players for a single slot.

At least our RC sends the top 24 to the Pro Tour I guess?!

Yeah I've heard they're really lovely TOs for organisation

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
drat that is wild as gently caress. Stores here can host a single slot rcq for like a hundred bucks, lol

Yeah the big difference between what we have in Canada and the way every other region does it is that it's way easier to qualify for our RC, but the caveat is that our RC sends way fewer people to the PT/worlds

Mezzanon fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 12, 2023

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Some Aussie on reddit posted about making top 8 with 3-2 in a 20ish player Sealed RCQ and then getting the slot by winning his quarterfinal since the event qualified FOUR people lmao

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

HootTheOwl posted:

you might want to stay in the tp rooms until you figure the deck out

i probably should have picked a deck that doesn't melt my brain too but here we are hoot.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

kung fu jive posted:

i probably should have picked a deck that doesn't melt my brain too but here we are hoot.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be condescending. Losing games to adjusting to the modo client is incredibly common and there's things you can play other than leagues until you get your play patterns ironed out and find the stops you like.
Open play (best of one, all jank)
tournament practice (best of 3, free, good place to play a few games and iron out the deck)
2 player queues (heads up match to double your entry. don't exist anymore for modern)
friendly leagues (6tix/60pp, break even at 3-2, half back at 2-3)
competitive leagues (10 tix/100pp money back at 3-2, half at 2-3)
Format challange (the big event)

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

HootTheOwl posted:

Sorry I wasn't trying to be condescending. Losing games to adjusting to the modo client is incredibly common and there's things you can play other than leagues until you get your play patterns ironed out and find the stops you like.
Open play (best of one, all jank)
tournament practice (best of 3, free, good place to play a few games and iron out the deck)
2 player queues (heads up match to double your entry. don't exist anymore for modern)
friendly leagues (6tix/60pp, break even at 3-2, half back at 2-3)
competitive leagues (10 tix/100pp money back at 3-2, half at 2-3)
Format challange (the big event)

Oh I was trying to playfully joke around (doesn't translate well to text) - no apology necessary. What I was doing is really dumb (0-5 all 0-2 in my first league lmao) and I really appreciate this advice. This format is not magic like I have ever played it before. I had no idea about TP and that's where I am headed next.

This format is awesome though. I think I have the right mindset going into it - staying humble about it and focusing on improving over winning, but also enjoying the small wins. Right now my small wins are things like clicking through Amulet titan triggers one by one as I process what is going on (hey pal, you picked this deck - you get to suffer through this with me), and taking a game off Yawg and LE. Piloting is 100% different from watching aspiringspike, mrseri and 2headedgiant do it on stream.

I understand how titan works now and won't put y'all through that anymore. But also maybe I will because what the gently caress is wrong with you people.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/ravnica-remastered-spoilers-december-11-first-batch-of-previews

Some anime alts of the Rav Remastered set are starting to come out. At least they're reprinting life from the loam.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jiro posted:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/ravnica-remastered-spoilers-december-11-first-batch-of-previews

Some anime alts of the Rav Remastered set are starting to come out. At least they're reprinting life from the loam.

Not feeling any of these, they need another one as good as Smothering Tithe

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

They are basically low budget gatcha game quality so makes sense

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The ones as good as Smothering Tithe are the Shocks and those were already revealed. Honestly are there really any other cards from the sets that they're pulling from for this Remaster that need reprinting as much as the Shock Lands?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Most of this anime art, especially of female characters, is doo doo garbage for losers who spend their lives hooked up to gacha games. Sad.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I've always loved the little grave stone in the upper left on the retro frames for cards with graveyard abilities.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jiro posted:

The ones as good as Smothering Tithe are the Shocks and those were already revealed. Honestly are there really any other cards from the sets that they're pulling from for this Remaster that need reprinting as much as the Shock Lands?

Oh, I just meant one with anime art as good as the smothering tithe art.

oh ho ho ho ho ho

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
give me a borborygmos enraged anime alt art wizards you cowards

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

reignonyourparade posted:

give me a borborygmos enraged anime alt art wizards you cowards

Hell yes

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Anime Domri spraying his mouth shiny and chrome shouting "NOTICE ME!"

Wild that the most expensive reprint they've spoiled so far wasn't from a Ravnica set but Jumpstart.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
All the anime cards suck and I'm still mad I got sent one by mistake and they wouldn't refund me because for whatever reason people want anime bullshit sneak attack and not am bush sneak attack so technically I came out ahead

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i stopped playing for 5 years and all of this new stuff is scary and i do not like it

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

https://magic.wizards.com/en/products/ravnica-remastered/card-image-gallery

The entire set's been revealed anyways.

EDIT: THose absolute bastards reprinted Pack Rat in a draft set :shepface:

PlasticAutomaton fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 13, 2023

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sunk Dunk posted:

i stopped playing for 5 years and all of this new stuff is scary and i do not like it

leave now while you still have your dignity

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
drat, was hoping some of the WAR anime walkers would get an English printing.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

kalel posted:

leave now while you still have your dignity

they have a something awful account

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Are they not doing etched foil for this set?
I'm looking at the card treatments and don't see it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fajita Queen posted:

Most of this anime art, especially of female characters, is doo doo garbage for losers who spend their lives hooked up to gacha games. Sad.

Magic is a gacha game.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

PlasticAutomaton posted:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/products/ravnica-remastered/card-image-gallery

The entire set's been revealed anyways.

They'll reprint the goddamn Guildgates but not the guild bounce lands????

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

flatluigi posted:

they have a something awful account

lol

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Fajita Queen posted:

I know what you mean but anyone playing mtg has no leg to stand on wrt criticizing gatcha unless you're advocating for counterfeits lol.

edit: or secret lair lairs, or precons that now have the MSRP filed off I guess, that's not gambling at least :v:

edit 2: in addition to smothering tithe, blood moon was also excellent

Algid fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 13, 2023

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Sunk Dunk posted:

On the one hand, you could turn back now.

But on the other hand... you could give in to the endless barrage of product reveals... lose all sense of time... reality...

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Mmm Life from the Loam. Man I miss Aggro Loam.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
At least most of these new anime arts seem somewhat related to the card name/effect on which is an improvement from the last set

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

PlasticAutomaton posted:

and at a rarity higher than mythic :eng101:

https://old.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/18gterg/rvr_collector_booster_exclusives_weeklymtg/

tl,dr: retro frame Pack Rats aren't in draft boosters, only the anime version is

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
This is a good bookmark to have.

https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid...al&unique=cards

Lots of really good old frame goodness from this set. It should all be really cheap too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone trying to gets your collection into a good digital list? I tried scanning a bunch of cards into the TCG player app but it doesn't even add it to your collection on the site so it appears I wasted a few hours.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://youtu.be/VmMj9_NF_8I?si=dF5GzR4otpCG8Ozc

Prof opening up collector booster box of Rav Remastered.

Also giving stuff away on WhatNot on Dec 20th apparently command zone doing something similar after his stream.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Sickening posted:

This is a good bookmark to have.

https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid...al&unique=cards

Lots of really good old frame goodness from this set. It should all be really cheap too.

Hot drat does that deathrite shaman pop in the old frame.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Anyone trying to gets your collection into a good digital list? I tried scanning a bunch of cards into the TCG player app but it doesn't even add it to your collection on the site so it appears I wasted a few hours.

I use the Delver Lens app and it can export the list to various formats.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mcmagic posted:

I put it into moxfield using the excel import

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Khanstant posted:

I use the Delver Lens app and it can export the list to various formats.

Imagine not working with iPhone in TYOOL 2023.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Bugsy posted:

Hot drat does that deathrite shaman pop in the old frame.

All the retro frames ever do is remind me how loving good they are as art. I get that new frames are better as functional game pieces, but man, old frame is just evocative af.