Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Slimer is played by Stavros from Cumtown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Somehow slimer got fatter

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I mean... Have you seen his diet?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Ugh can't believe SLIMER is in Ghostbusters

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
No one invited him. No one even told him we were doing this. It's like he just smells the crew services food and instantly manifests out of thin air!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
We better get Ecto Cooler again

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ve still yet to try it. It all gets hoovered up by other fans to hoard.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Kevyn posted:

With a movie titled Frozen Empire, you'd think it'd be a given.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Did it get rereleased when Afterlife came out?

Edit— I want Frozen Empire to have an extremely egregious product placement/in-universe origin story for Ecto Cooler.

Like, Paul Rudd gets slimed by Slimer and just inexplicably says “You know what, guys? I kinda wanna drink this stuff” and scrapes the slime off his jumpsuit and slops it into a conveniently placed glass and takes a big swig.
“Mmmmmmm, this stuff is pretty good! We should market this stuff."
"What would we call it?”
Paul Rudd stares directly into the camera. “Ecto Cooler.”

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 12, 2023

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Waiting for Dan Aykroyd to release a Crystal Head Vodka/Ecto-Cooler mixed drink

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
They rereleased it for the 2016 movie but I don’t think they did for Afterlife.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kevyn posted:

They rereleased it for the 2016 movie but I don’t think they did for Afterlife.

I had a Ghostbusters theme for Halloween that year so I bought a crate of Ecto Cooler to hand out alongside the usual candy :thumbsup:

Handing out juice boxes at Halloween is real weird, also the kids obviously didn't have any nostalgia for it and DGAF :doh:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ecto cooler never showed up around my area. It was bullshit. I wanted to try that garbage

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Isn't it like sour apple or something?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Nah it's just like a citrus flavor, hard to put your finger on it exactly.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I would describe it as "Capri Sun with hints of Mountain Dew" but that makes me sound like a juicebox sommelier which is kind of pathetic.

I stand by it though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I would describe it as "Capri Sun with hints of Mountain Dew" but that makes me sound like a juicebox sommelier which is kind of pathetic.

I stand by it though.

That's pretty much it. There's recipes online and it's basically 4 parts orange/tangerine juice + 1 part lemonade + green food coloring.

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Ecto Cooler actually stuck around a long time, just under different names, Shouting Orange TangerGreen, Crazy Citrus Cooler, and I think Orange Lavaburst.
All pretty much the same drink, same ingredients, without the licensing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Waiting for Dan Aykroyd to release a Crystal Head Vodka/Ecto-Cooler mixed drink

I remember the RLM guys tried that when 2016 came out. Apparently it wasn't bad, especially as I am told Crystal Skull's pretty smooth for a vodka.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Crystal skull is fine but no one is buying it for the vodka.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Crystal skull is the nicest vodka I've had. Highly recommended

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The skull bottle makes for a pretty cool bong

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah I'd really like to have the bottle but I'm not interested in the vodka at all

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

Kevyn posted:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Were there also Ecto Cooler Squeeze-Its? Did I imagine that?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

LividLiquid posted:

Were there also Ecto Cooler Squeeze-Its? Did I imagine that?

I remember Super Mario squeeze it's, but not Ghostbusters

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I remember green ones that were a tie-in to something I loved, so maybe it was Ninja Turtles.

Anyway, thank you.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My bartender friend has his signature Ecto shots. He initially used actual Ecto Cooper when it was available, but later was able to make a good facsimile.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Bring back the ghosts in a can that were part of the promotion for GB2.

I got one from Wimpy here in the UK when I was a kid, and you can bet I never even thought about opening that can.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ernie Hudson is 78 today! :toot:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The_Doctor posted:

Ernie Hudson is 78 today! :toot:

Hope he gets He-Man.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i had a crystal skull signed by dan ackroyd. the fake blues brothers were really erally loud but i managed to shout "i'm a big fan of most of your work" to which he replied "me too"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

InsertPotPun posted:

i had a crystal skull signed by dan ackroyd. the fake blues brothers were really erally loud but i managed to shout "i'm a big fan of most of your work" to which he replied "me too"

He was talking about Nothing but Trouble.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Are you a paranormal investigator looking for subterranean psycho-magnetheric ectoplasm?

Or are you remote piloting a dropship while being pursued by xenomorphs on planet LV-426?

If so, come on down to Radioshack for a Realistic Stereo Eletret Microphone 33-1065!

I just watched Aliens again last night, noticed this and wanted to share.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I always wanted a gigameter :3:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Me too. I think it's a more interesting design than the PKE meter, but much less iconic.

There's an amazing looking one on etsy but :homebrew:

8one6
May 20, 2012

deoju posted:

Me too. I think it's a more interesting design than the PKE meter, but much less iconic.

He has real Ghostbusters stuff....

Does anyone have like $3k I can have? I suddenly find myself in need of a cartoon accurate proton pack.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

deoju posted:

Holy poo poo, that’s amazing! :stare:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The dude from Ghostbusters News just finished a 3d printed one.

https://youtu.be/0kevQE1V1HY?si=g0NWYs2ut2a4BPFK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't need a proton pack or trap because those things don't actually do anything for real but if it was legally or socially acceptable to get the Ecto-1 siren for my car...