Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Opopanax posted:

Saw XII: Jigsaw goes to Hell

This would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Saws are police procedurals so the only possible avenue is to have it transition into Law and Order courtroom scenes but everyone in the court is stuck in one big saw trap and have to work together to be Saw 12: Not Guilty

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jigsaw keeps arguing that he doesn’t belong in hell

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Having only watched a couple of Saws, don’t a bunch of them all take place over the same 48 hour period or something?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Chucky accidentally puts the soul of John Kramer into the Billy puppet, then the two killer dolls face off in a battle of wits.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Doltos posted:

Saws are police procedurals so the only possible avenue is to have it transition into Law and Order courtroom scenes but everyone in the court is stuck in one big saw trap and have to work together to be Saw 12: Not Guilty

Law and Order: SVU (Saw Victims Unit)

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Weren't they supposed to do a Hellraiser series? Maybe that was killed by covid

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't give a hoot about Saw but if we're talking characters that got killed way too early in a series bring back Elise Rainer

Also on the subject, big props to 30 Coins for resurrecting F. Vergara as a stinking bug-infested Death Becomes Her style revenant and then explicitly likening him to Jesus who also rose from the grave and wanted to save humanity

I'm pretty sure this show is legit blasphemous in ways that English-language productions simply do not approach and I admire its dedication so much

E: moved spoiler tags around so you can unspoiler what media I'm talking about without seeing the rest of it

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I thought the Huluraiser reboot was pretty good, especially after rewatching the last 6 movies.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

ruddiger posted:

I thought the Huluraiser reboot was pretty good, especially after rewatching the last 6 movies.

Yeah it wasn't as good as 1 or 2 but overall it's solid and it's a triumph compared to like 90% of the franchise.

Surprised more hasn't been announced, I thought this was one was supposed to be the real thing and not just another keep the rights movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The other day at work we had a customer who looked shockingly like a 50/50 blend of Peter Stormare and Brad Dourif. He even had a Dourif-style grey ponytail. I really wanted to say something but I realized he might not consider that a compliment.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Yeah it wasn't as good as 1 or 2

or 3, or 4, or even 5 really

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
The scene in Godzilla '54 where it cuts between all the scenes of the dead and dying and then the scene of the school children singing sadly and desperately for peace and mercy... is one of the best and most heartbreaking scenes in any horror/monster movie.

It really sets this movie apart from any other monster/kaiju movie, because this isn't just monsters traipsing through a cardboard city and throwing each other around, this is a real disaster with countless people dying and suffering and begging for mercy. It just has such a different tone and stakes than any other movie of its ilk. Like, I know these kinds of movies are all metaphorical on some level, but this just stands out whether you're viewing from a metaphorical or literal interpretation.

I don't really have a point to this post, it's just such an incredible movie and I don't have anyone to ramble to about it.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Gripweed posted:

The other day at work we had a customer who looked shockingly like a 50/50 blend of Peter Stormare and Brad Dourif. He even had a Dourif-style grey ponytail. I really wanted to say something but I realized he might not consider that a compliment.

A dude who helps run the local dance thing looks exactly like a short Robert Englund so I’ve been in the same boat for months.

Emily Post shockingly fails to have any relevant advice.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got permission from Jeff to post this

https://igg.me/at/AlienatedFeature/x#/

It’s time to try and make a feature film. I may have a producer who seems super interested. No idea what he can bring financially but I trust the guy creatively. He does good poo poo around here.

I might make a thread about it. Idk yet. I’ll post it here and in cined for now

So we’ll see! Spread it around!

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 12, 2023

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Criterion Channel announced its January 2024 lineup, which includes a collection of Cat Movies. In that collection is The Cat, which is Lam Ngai Kai's follow-up to The Seventh Curse starring the same character (though not Chow Yun-Fat this time.)

I have been looking for this movie since I first saw The Seventh Curse and I have not been able to find it anywhere. I am so loving stoked.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

By the end of this franchise jiggy will have a body count the size of Rhode Island

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Watching the largely terrible Bela Lugosi 1943 The Ape Man and this is the kind of film that needs a remake. A serial killer gorilla murdering people to suck out their spinal fluid, it shouldn't be bad!!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

CelticPredator posted:

It’s time to try and make a feature film. I may have a producer who seems super interested. No idea what he can bring financially but I trust the guy creatively. He does good poo poo around here.

Cool

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

In the spirit of the holidays I rewatched Silent Night Deadly Night Part 2 last night. This has probably been discussed to death but what a wild trip of a movie. 40 minutes to recap the first movie, then a bunch of random scenes, and it's all narrated by one of the most amazing overacting masters of all time. Almost every single line makes me laugh, Ricky is constantly saying stuff like "it sounded like a squirrel getting his nuts squeezed" or "are we just jerking off here or what?" in this weird voice. Plus he remembers things from when he was a literal baby, he's aware of things nobody else witnessed except his long-dead brother and adds all kinds of crazy commentary when recounting those events.

Everybody knows Garbage Day, it's still funny, but the rest of the movie is equally hilarious and weird.

I would love to know how people reacted to this in the theaters when it first came out. Like half the runtime is just showing you the first movie with Ricky saying stuff like "my brother knew all the roads and shortcuts" or "i remember... because I was there!".

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Snooze Cruise posted:

wow someone who hates that character as much as saw 3d does

I remember the wife of Sean Patrick Flanery's character being horribly tortured even though she had nothing to do with the scam, but what happened to Jigsaw's wife other than getting killed by the bear trap? I mean, yeah, it was a gruesome death, but wasn't she complicit in just about everything?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A Fancy Hat posted:

In the spirit of the holidays I rewatched Silent Night Deadly Night Part 2 last night. This has probably been discussed to death but what a wild trip of a movie. 40 minutes to recap the first movie, then a bunch of random scenes, and it's all narrated by one of the most amazing overacting masters of all time. Almost every single line makes me laugh, Ricky is constantly saying stuff like "it sounded like a squirrel getting his nuts squeezed" or "are we just jerking off here or what?" in this weird voice. Plus he remembers things from when he was a literal baby, he's aware of things nobody else witnessed except his long-dead brother and adds all kinds of crazy commentary when recounting those events.

Everybody knows Garbage Day, it's still funny, but the rest of the movie is equally hilarious and weird.

I would love to know how people reacted to this in the theaters when it first came out. Like half the runtime is just showing you the first movie with Ricky saying stuff like "my brother knew all the roads and shortcuts" or "i remember... because I was there!".
Yeah, it rules :allears:

I've been watching the first one and that one every year at Christmas time for years, though from now on, I'm just going to watch Part 2 annually. The sexual assault stuff in the first one bothers me, and Part 2 recaps almost the entirety of the first movie anyway. Plus it's funnier and more lighthearted because of Eric Freeman's batshit insane performance.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Also for anyone else looking for a fun Christmas horror movie, I suggest:

Rare Exports
Christmas Evil
Dial Code Santa Claus aka Deadly Games
Don't Open till Christmas

Rare Exports and Christmas Evil are legit good movies and very fun to watch.

Dial Code Santa Claus is the very good kind of weird AND it's more than likely it was ripped off to create Home Alone

Don't Open til Christmas isn't a good movie and a lot of that is because the director was fired halfway and replaced, but it has some fun cheese in it including a dude getting his dick cut off.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rare Exports is just a fun, good movie. It's surprising how many Christmas Horrors fit that bill when they should all suck.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Rare Exports is fun but I really wish it went farther than it did.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I remember the wife of Sean Patrick Flanery's character being horribly tortured even though she had nothing to do with the scam, but what happened to Jigsaw's wife other than getting killed by the bear trap? I mean, yeah, it was a gruesome death, but wasn't she complicit in just about everything?

she gets two death scenes, has all her agency removed from the previous film, even the cop that is suppose to protect her treats her horribly.

even the audio commentary hates her, because some guy jokes the producer (who previously dated the actress) probably dreamt that first death scene, and the producer sheepishly agrees.

of course this is just like, the tip of the misogyny iceberg that was Saw 3D, which honestly might be the movie that hates women the most I seen. i typically try to avoid watching movies that hate women, but still.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

There’s some great gratuitous kills in Don’t Open Til Christmas. Just watched To All A Goodnight and had a good time with that one as well. There’s a modern movie that came out during the covid era that would make for a fun double feature with that one.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I was just gonna ask about To All A Good Night actually. I noticed it was added to Shudder but I've never heard of it. Always on the lookout for some new(to me) Christmas horror.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Snooze Cruise posted:

she gets two death scenes, has all her agency removed from the previous film, even the cop that is suppose to protect her treats her horribly.

even the audio commentary hates her, because some guy jokes the producer (who previously dated the actress) probably dreamt that first death scene, and the producer sheepishly agrees.

of course this is just like, the tip of the misogyny iceberg that was Saw 3D, which honestly might be the movie that hates women the most I seen. i typically try to avoid watching movies that hate women, but still.

I absolutely agree with the misogyny when it comes to Flanery's wife and some of the other characters. I haven't seen it in years so I had honestly forgotten how much the movie puts Jigsaw's wife through, including the dream death scene. My apologies.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

I was just gonna ask about To All A Good Night actually. I noticed it was added to Shudder but I've never heard of it. Always on the lookout for some new(to me) Christmas horror.

a friend described it as a trashier Black Christmas and that's fairly accurate. directed by David Hess aka Krug from Last House on the Left!

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
It’s not fun, if anything it’s pretty terrible but if you want an insane Christmas movie about incestuous nazi elves check out the 90’s film ELVES

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Elves is bizarre and most importantly, flagrant false advertising (only one elf)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Should've pulled an Alien/Aliens type deal.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

https://youtu.be/_GhZFDm-k5Q?si=sU0y-IcDXkk2X_RH

Grizzly Adams with an incredible line reading at the end of this clip

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

WeaponX posted:

https://youtu.be/_GhZFDm-k5Q?si=sU0y-IcDXkk2X_RH

Grizzly Adams with an incredible line reading at the end of this clip

that was great. huge Detective Crashmore energy

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Guys I just had my first watch of Ginger Snaps and I have never seen anything so aggressively Canadian in my life. It. Was. Awesome. :haw:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shrecknet posted:

Guys I just had my first watch of Ginger Snaps and I have never seen anything so aggressively Canadian in my life. It. Was. Awesome. :haw:

First one is the high point, but the other two are pretty solid as well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I absolutely agree with the misogyny when it comes to Flanery's wife and some of the other characters. I haven't seen it in years so I had honestly forgotten how much the movie puts Jigsaw's wife through, including the dream death scene. My apologies.

Oh no need to apologize. I assume I will probably forget all these details myself in like a year because it seems like a movie design to be forgotten.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

CelticPredator posted:

That's awesome, fingers crossed!

The best Xmas Horror is Eyes Wide Shut obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I should add that I’m asking for contributions or send it to someone with gently caress you money lol. Nothing is really happening with it right now besides a talk with someone.

I need da money first lol.

Let’s maybe make it the first successful goon project? Lol