Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Why does that one guy always just post a wall of random gifs?

I found a good resource of old images a while ago that I've been pulling them from, while many aren't traditionally 'memes' I still recognized a lot of them from the forums back in the day. I've seen enough people quote images out of my posts that I thought they were being somewhat appreciated, but the last thing I'd want to do in The Meme Thread is to repeat a joke to the point that it wasn't funny anymore. You're also not the first person to bring up an annoyance with that particular style of posting, so I can take a hint and will back things off for a while, take a little break from posting here I think :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Never stop Posting

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Takes No Damage posted:

I found a good resource of old images a while ago that I've been pulling them from, while many aren't traditionally 'memes' I still recognized a lot of them from the forums back in the day. I've seen enough people quote images out of my posts that I thought they were being somewhat appreciated, but the last thing I'd want to do in The Meme Thread is to repeat a joke to the point that it wasn't funny anymore. You're also not the first person to bring up an annoyance with that particular style of posting, so I can take a hint and will back things off for a while, take a little break from posting here I think :(

:justpost:

gently caress what anybody else thinks.

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

Takes No Damage posted:

Don't listen to that guy keep posting 'em until you run out.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
j/k :lmao: now it's 20 pictures per post instead of 10

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

j/k :lmao: now it's 20 pictures per post instead of 10

Excuse me I think you meant

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Staring at this, overcome with nostalgia, for some stupid reason

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ToxicFrog posted:

SIttin' around in a lab in the middle of the night, hogging all the IRIX systems to browse the 12 web pages that existed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tree Bucket posted:

Searching whitehouse.com on the middle school computers, getting yelled at, ah the memories

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
RIP me.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Tree Bucket posted:

It's because you had nothing else to stare at back when it took 5 minutes for a website to load

Content:

Whooping Crabs has a new favorite as of 05:27 on Dec 13, 2023

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tree Bucket posted:

In 10th grade I would go sit in the school's computer lab every day after classes until they closed because we still just had 28.8 at home. Hours and hours looking at that cool N :blessed:

code:
[quote="Whooping Crabs" post="536514175"]

Content:
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/IMh1tIe.png[/timg]
[/quote]
:argh:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Dabir posted:

That's a motherfucking Gonchong, cut off its proboscis quick

I understood this reference

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hmmmm

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Takes No Damage posted:

I specifically like your posting, even if your pizza sucks.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Tree Bucket posted:

Reminds me of that very brief moment when Internet was exciting. Then it became then norm and depressing.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

RIP officer

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Mokotow posted:

RIP officer

Ahh gently caress

Why is it always the meme thread

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Mokotow posted:

RIP officer

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Hot drat! It's the Soggy Ballsack Boys!

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
That's some lovely news to wake up to.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqo_yFQoU8

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Takes No Damage posted:

I've pulled so many reaction memes from those posts you have no idea, at least one of them is an appropriate response to something going on in my life.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ToxicFrog posted:

Outta my way Mosaic, here comes

https://i.imgur.com/pmr3hFE.gifv

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Groda posted:

I specifically like your posting, even if your pizza sucks.

Oh gosh, is that the poster with the pizza stone issue??

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Outta my way Mosaic, here comes

https://i.imgur.com/pmr3hFE.gifv

What's that from?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the 90s I think

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

it's the game cube startup animation

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Takes No Damage posted:

I don't like having to click them so they play in-app but you should :justpost: anyway

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Lib and let die posted:

I don't like having to click them so they play in-app but you should :justpost: anyway

you can set it to autoplay

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

This is so goddamn catchy, yet so unique. Does anyone know what musical genre this is? It feels like Dan Dubuque's lap guitar covers of popular songs.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

null_pointer posted:

This is so goddamn catchy, yet so unique. Does anyone know what musical genre this is? It feels like Dan Dubuque's lap guitar covers of popular songs.

Dubstep

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

null_pointer posted:

I don't know what the style they are using is called, but you might enjoy Richard Cheese's lounge-style covers of popular songs
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaRIJe8RIT3tXZiZM4rfWw

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sounds bluegrassy to me

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

delightful posted:

I don't know what the style they are using is called, but you might enjoy Richard Cheese's lounge-style covers of popular songs
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaRIJe8RIT3tXZiZM4rfWw

Especially My Neck, My Back

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

freeedr posted:

Especially My Neck, My Back

This is exactly the song I thought of when someone mentioned Richard Cheese.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

no cover of "smell yo dick," boo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

Sounds bluegrassy to me

Yeah I'd have said bluegrass too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmiElBi_rXA