Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I really need to go see the Boy and the Heron this week.

The dub cast looks amazing, just love seeing Dave Bautista is: The Parakeet King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

swickles posted:

Yeah, but you can't pull a Die Hard and get the drop on your cousins while pretending to surrender with a giant super soaker.

true but I was 13 when die hard came out and I don't think I saw it in the theater, so I was playing with those guns in a pre-die-hard world

we'd quote dirty harry though, "do you feel lucky, punk"

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Kalli posted:

I really need to go see the Boy and the Heron this week.

The dub cast looks amazing, just love seeing Dave Bautista is: The Parakeet King

I was really unimpressed with it to be honest. I get what it was trying to do but I didn't like it at least compared to other Ghibli films. But Dave is fantastic as the Parakeet King for sure.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yall been talking about Godzilla and I thought you were talking about the new show on Apple+, Monarch. I didn’t realize there was a movie

Ignore the monsterverse stuff and just watch Minus One

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

my first knock down, drag out squirt gun fight was at a luncheon my parents attended for some neighborhood thing. I did not have a squirtgun (my mom didn't want me to have any kind of toy gun because she knew I'd be insufferable with it) and my mom managed to find some piece of poo poo hand held one. The kind that had the plastic plug and you just kinda like held the gun in a bucket of water. Anyway all the kids had supersoaker 50s and 100s and I just got worked. I had a great time, but apparently all the parents were watching the fight out the window and other dads were pointing out how I was just getting Willem Dafoe In Platoon'd every time.

Must you always talk about Bryce Young's rookie season?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

T-Square posted:

Yeah, I’m gonna check this out after I watch the movie too. Love me some Godzilla give it all to me!!

I thought it was pretty good aside from not having much to do with Godzilla. Like he comes up in convo and you see him a couple times but it’s more just people existing in a world where he (and other bigass monsters) exist

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I had those Robotix toys, and more G.I. Joes than Transformers because they were cheaper. That said, my child brain was :aaaaa: when I got a Jetfire one Christmas.

I saw Ran last night instead of watching Monday Night Football and :drat: that movie is amazing on the big screen. That Akira Kurosawa guy has a promising future in filmmaking, I tells ya. :v:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmao this is insane

https://twitter.com/ericwhiteback/status/1734651886341624072?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That is legitimately funny and impressively tacky.

Anyway, on the lighter side of things, with the announced death of E3, a thread of celebrities at gaming conventions

https://twitter.com/KrystiPryde/status/1734642037486395415

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Gas leak reported at the Oregon Trail Building (where my studio is located).

Waiting in the windy cold outside before I can be allowed back in.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Android Apocalypse posted:

What do you want on your tombstone?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The most convoluted way to tell us you have dysentery

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

dirty shrimp money posted:

What do you want on your tombstone?

peperony and cheze

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

CannonFodder posted:

peperony and cheze

Goddammit beat me to it

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Gonna guess in AA’s case peperony and wingz is probably more accurate

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

You have died of dysentery.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maybe it's the peperony heavy diet giving you the dysentary

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
hell yeah good review and got offered to buy units of my company

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

BlindSite posted:

Maybe it's the peperony heavy diet giving you the dysentary

Preposterous! Paleo is perfectly healthy

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I haven’t seen Home Alone in a few years and drat Kevin’s family were a bunch of assholes

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1734749900636885450

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ah dang, dude was fantastic and 61 seems pretty young

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh man that’s so sad. He really made Brooklyn 99 for me.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

drat that’s very young.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

drat, that guy was good. I didn't realize he was in Glory, he was really good in that, and I love that movie.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rip to a real one.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wtf how are there SIX Home Alone movies

e: aw no Captain Holt

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Had to turn around and tell a group of dudes to shut up or get the gently caress out 30 minutes into Godzilla, seems like every other time I go out and spend money to see a movie people ruin it

I seriously don’t get it

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
rip indeed, he was great

Rewatched Air Bud Golden Receiver (pretty sure it’s a rewatch, think I saw it when it came out in 1998 when I was 7 or 8) and, drat, what a movie. Successfully predicted a lotta football things though: the HC is an Italian-American stereotype who almost always has some form of Italian sub in his hand; the OC is the HC’s nepotism young son (he’s like literally 6) hire, but also an offensive wunderkind though they only call like two plays the entire movie; it’s about how much dog is within a player.

It’s got extremely late 90s vibes in its editing and cinematography and what you’d expect from a family sports comedy of that era. And its main theme is really about divorce (actually his mom was widowed when dad the test pilot went up in a ball of cool, sympathetic fire, but it’s actually divorce) like how that era’s media had to touch upon divorce, alcoholism, and a bit of gay panic.

Was filmed in Vancouver and set in vague PNW, so it has some pretty locations, but also feels like it was funded by the ncfw? The HC wears a Seahawks hat the entire time which feels weird for a coach of a different football team idk. We’re also treated to a last scene cameo of Joey Galloway and Warren Moon’s random season with the Seahawks vs the 49ers. And Tim Conway and Dick Martin appear as incompetent announcers for some reason. O the kid does wear a raiders tank at some point so maybe it’s just west teams in general

There’s also a subplot where two Russian circus animalnappers have their sights on the golden receiver, nab him and lock him up with their other circus animals, but then the dog and a chimp escape and drive a truck and operate a hook and pour fish guts all over the Russians and porcupine one Russian’s rear end and it’s really something and really inspiring

Would recommend to watch with friend(s) and/or partner(s) looking for a dumb/entertaining movie while imbibing and/or smoking

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

My dad was 61 when he died.

That is too young.

Also as seen from me posting I did not die at work, much to the chagrin of everybody ITT.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

T-Square posted:

Had to turn around and tell a group of dudes to shut up or get the gently caress out 30 minutes into Godzilla, seems like every other time I go out and spend money to see a movie people ruin it

I seriously don’t get it

Were they just talking nonstop? That's not a situation I've really ever been in

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We're gonna go camping tomorrow night. Yeah, winter camping, and the forecast is partly cloudy, but we're gonna try and see the peak geminids. And get away from the mother in law for a night, lol. She's sweet but it's been a month now and it's starting to wear a bit thin. And probably 3-4 more weeks before her condo is done.

Oh yeah, MIL update. Grand total of money recovered, between the state controller, uncashed checks that are somehow still cashable, and calls in to companies to get other checks re-issued: something close to $30k. Her condo renovation is gonna be about $70k so close to half of it paid for from money she literally lost. And there's still a couple more things to chase down.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Also as seen from me posting I did not die at work, much to the chagrin of everybody ITT.

I for one wasn’t hoping your place went up like the hospital at the end of Hard-Boiled.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I have so much drat stress this holiday season. Relatives visiting, some financial poo poo, a $2m personal lawsuit, and the Packers blowing layup games en route to a possible playoff shot.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Also lol at Draymond Green.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Abugadu posted:

I have so much drat stress this holiday season. Relatives visiting, some financial poo poo, a $2m personal lawsuit, and the Packers blowing layup games en route to a possible playoff shot.

Jesus. That's rough af.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

harperdc posted:

I for one wasn’t hoping your place went up like the hospital at the end of Hard-Boiled.

Funny enough I did have to deal with a baby peeing on me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ObUNEnE4o0&t=406s
Luckily their urine put out the fire that caught on my pants so that's a win in my book.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Leperflesh posted:

I still have my star wars hoth set in its very battered original box (with the UPC code cut off), which I think is only missing one part. Darth vader of course lost his light saber as they all did. My little brother snapped off one of hoth han solo's feet.

the one pictured here is missing the two lid things that go on the grey thing on the back. You could also put a guy up on the ice and hit the button and he'd fall over. Thrilling!

e. oh here's the box

it is lying viciously about the contents, you got han solo but none of the other figures.

I've got that Hoth set at my mom's house and also the Tattooine Sandcrawler set, and the Bespin Droid Factory. My grandma always had the best toys in her basement (My dad's and my uncle's stuff from the 40's and 50's) so I always was happy to save my toys for my little nephews and then my sister's kids to play with. Tons of Robotix, Lego, Stomper trucks, He-Man, GI Joe, Hot Wheels and Tyco racing sets also.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Abugadu posted:

A habitual line stepper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Abugadu posted:

lol I had turned the game off at halftime so I missed it.

It in question for anyone who missed it:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1734796486150369579