Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Palladium posted:

eh a division commander in a brigade? translation error?

according to israeli sources linked above he was a battalion commander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Dixon Chisholm posted:

if you are near memphis theres a restaurant here that sells olive oil made by the owners dad in the west bank.

no poo poo, what restaurant?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Yup, a lieutenant colonel and commander of the 13th battalion.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the next 20 years should be fun

https://x.com/asadabukhalil/status/1734649187235705248?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

a fairly moderate egyptian intellectual posted this so it should give you an idea of what the mood is

=====

The West has left us nothing but eternal hatred

since :

France in Algeria, Tunisia and Lebanon
Britain in Egypt, Sudan and Palestine
And America in Iraq and Syria

The waves of their hatred towards us continue
Any future plans for our Arab nation must take this history and reality into account

https://x.com/mamdouh_hamza/status/1734569960666501395?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

“The war will end and we will start our lives again.” Words of journalist Wael Al-Dahdouh consoling a Palestinian girl whose feet were amputated as a result of the Israeli bombing. ⁣

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1734815414712996133?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Dukemont
Aug 17, 2005
chocolate microscopes

Al-Saqr posted:

“The war will end and we will start our lives again.” Words of journalist Wael Al-Dahdouh consoling a Palestinian girl whose feet were amputated as a result of the Israeli bombing. ⁣

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1734815414712996133?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

DTI
DTA

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the last recorded video of the dogs who died today, occupying a school

===

The last scenes of the elite of the Israeli occupation army in one of Al-Shuja'iya schools, east of Gaza. Hours later, the valiant resistance sent them to hell and a miserable fate.

https://x.com/belalnezar/status/1734801791072580059?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

apatheticman posted:

He's either a dementia patient supporting genocide over some weird neuron missfirings that are putting him back in the 80s or someone who is of sound mind and body willfully and actively participating in genocide.

I don't know why you would push the former rather than the latter because the moral culpability in the former far outweighs the other option.

Well I don't know why you would care about that but lets say for the sake of argument it's the second option, what he did was not a stutter, which is the sort of speech impediment Biden has. Accidentally saying your dad lives in a kibbutz is not any type of speech impediment I am aware of. It seems clear that you secretly love Joe Biden and want to kiss him on his mouth and have him sniff your hair.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

MadSparkle posted:

I hear poo poo like this a lot but I'm always appalled at the depth of weird never again poo poo that goes on. Sabon / Saboon is also Arabic for soap, I think I did hear some weird poo poo from him at some point that Muslims somehow talked Hitler into holocausting , somehow making them responsible for it all. Takes some special types of olympics and I am still unclear how someone can take the time to make those ends come out that way but ok

I'm pretty sure the Encyclopedia of the Holocaust gave more paragraphs to the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, than they did to Himmler, or some other high ranking Nazi.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

paralyzed dog crying that his nazi friends died

=====

‎“All my friends are dead"

‎A seriously injured Israeli soldier tells what happened to his colleagues in ⁧‫Gaza

https://x.com/ajmubasher/status/1734737774241042911?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

paralyzed dog crying that his nazi friends died

=====

‎“All my friends are dead"

‎A seriously injured Israeli soldier tells what happened to his colleagues in ⁧‫Gaza

https://x.com/ajmubasher/status/1734737774241042911?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Maybe make less lovely friends in the future, bitch.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's really infuriating how effortlessly the media pivoted to the mass rape under fire narrative. The most prominent correspondent interviewing this totally neutral humanitarian rescue worker from ZAKA with thousands of pictures conveniently on his phone that he swears are legit, and hell, who are we to question his motives like some sort of antisemite who hates Jews and wants Shoah 2.0 from the river to the sea?

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

am I crazy or did someone in this thread post an article from an Israeli news site with an IDF source saying only 15% of those captured POWs were non-civilians? I was looking for it

I might have seen that on another site though

vv thanks. drat, I didn't know both sites reported it. between this and the friendly fire numbers, I assume confidence in the IDF is at an all-time low among those who are not entirely blood-maddened. but then, I'm expecting some level of rationality

Ramie has issued a correction as of 08:34 on Dec 13, 2023

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

MadSparkle posted:

I hear poo poo like this a lot but I'm always appalled at the depth of weird never again poo poo that goes on. Sabon / Saboon is also Arabic for soap, I think I did hear some weird poo poo from him at some point that Muslims somehow talked Hitler into holocausting , somehow making them responsible for it all. Takes some special types of olympics and I am still unclear how someone can take the time to make those ends come out that way but ok
every accusation

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Al-Saqr posted:

Israeli Ministers Pooping their Pamps:-

===========

Urgent | Israeli Channel 14, on the Minister of Finance: The United States has been pushing us towards surrender for years

Urgent | Israeli Channel 14, on the Minister of Finance: The United States pushing us towards a two-state solution is suicide

https://x.com/AJABreaking/status/1734708520581210247?s=20

lol then stop taking our money you genocidal maniacs

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Rockets wont stop cant stop. I am amazed that Hamas managed to keep it up this long, incredible.

=========================

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6108782

The resistance fires missiles towards the Gaza envelope

Al Jazeera's correspondent reported that the Palestinian resistance launched new batches of missiles towards the settlements surrounding the Gaza Strip.

Sirens sounded in the city of Sderot and the towns of Nir Am and Avivim on the Gaza Strip for the second time during the day.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Ramie posted:

am I crazy or did someone in this thread post an article from an Israeli news site with an IDF source saying only 15% of those captured POWs were non-civilians? I was looking for it

I might have seen that on another site though

Haaretz reported that figure
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...2871#1308272871

Yediot got an estimate of 50-70 percent being civilians:

https://www.ynet.co.il/news/article/ryblqhm8a

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MadSparkle posted:

The actual history of this was that Hitler spoke to a single Muslim leader who supported the Holocaust, which was already going on for two years. Netanyahu loves this lie but I dont know where it originated from, but he uses it as justification for his hatred of Arabs.

Brucolac
Jun 14, 2012

I said come in! posted:

The actual history of this was that Hitler spoke to a single Muslim leader who supported the Holocaust, which was already going on for two years. Netanyahu loves this lie but I dont know where it originated from, but he uses it as justification for his hatred of Arabs.
For some reason, the enthusiastic collaboration between Zionists and the Nazis in the lead up to WWII is not referenced as often

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Lt. Col. Tomer Grinberg, 35, the commander of the Golani Brigade’s 13th Battalion.

Maj. Roei Meldasi, 23, a company commander in the Golani Brigade’s 13th Battalion.

Maj. Moshe Avram Bar On, 23, a company commander in the Golani Brigade’s 51st Battalion.

Sgt. Achia Daskal, 19, a soldier in the Golani Brigade’s 51st Battalion.

Cpt. Liel Hayo, 22, a platoon commander in the Golani Brigade’s 51st Battalion.

Maj. Ben Shelly, 26, a squad commander in the Israeli Air Force’s Unit 669.

Sgt. First Class Rom Hecht, 20, of the Israeli Air Force's Unit 669.

Staff Sgt. Oriya Yaakov, 19, of the Combat Engineering Corps’ 614th Battalion.

a battalion commander and two company commanders in one ambush 😳

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sancho Banana posted:

Haaretz reported that figure
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...2871#1308272871

Yediot got an estimate of 50-70 percent being civilians:

https://www.ynet.co.il/news/article/ryblqhm8a

Why has Haaretz consistently been giving me a 403 for the past few weeks?

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

tatankatonk posted:

Lt. Col. Tomer Grinberg, 35, the commander of the Golani Brigade’s 13th Battalion.

Maj. Roei Meldasi, 23, a company commander in the Golani Brigade’s 13th Battalion.

Maj. Moshe Avram Bar On, 23, a company commander in the Golani Brigade’s 51st Battalion.

Sgt. Achia Daskal, 19, a soldier in the Golani Brigade’s 51st Battalion.

Cpt. Liel Hayo, 22, a platoon commander in the Golani Brigade’s 51st Battalion.

Maj. Ben Shelly, 26, a squad commander in the Israeli Air Force’s Unit 669.

Sgt. First Class Rom Hecht, 20, of the Israeli Air Force's Unit 669.

Staff Sgt. Oriya Yaakov, 19, of the Combat Engineering Corps’ 614th Battalion.

a battalion commander and two company commanders in one ambush 😳

so many officers

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

xcom army

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!
a pair of 23 year old majors lmao

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Two additional casualties from the big ambush in Shujaiya just got released: Sergeant Eran Aloni and Colonel Itzhak Ben Basat

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1734844287957778908?t=CfuTxZxnH9zll9B65HTBsg&s=19

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
in ONE ambush they got a colonel, a lt. colonel, three majors, and a captain? good lord

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

does the IDF have a single private.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

tatankatonk posted:

in ONE ambush they got a colonel, a lt. colonel, three majors, and a captain? good lord

It's fair to assume that these guys got bumped up one rank upon death, they do it pretty often, but It's still a big score for Hamas.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 09:08 on Dec 13, 2023

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

does the IDF have a single private.

I've posted about this before, but no. Combatants get automatically promoted to Corporals at the end of their training. There shouldn't be any Privates on the battlefield right now. Ranks just aren't all that meaningful in the IDF.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I wonder what's the average age of american ranks, how long does it normally take for someone to reach major or colonel or captain.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

whatever happened to that flotilla forming in turkey

remember the Indonesian hospital ship?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Brucolac posted:

For some reason, the enthusiastic collaboration between Zionists and the Nazis in the lead up to WWII is not referenced as often

Especially since Netanyahu has talked about how he thinks Hitler was a good person. He believes Hitler was somehow manipulated into carrying out the holocaust. And didnt a lot of zionists fight in the german army?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Houthis not letting up

=====

British Maritime Trade Operations: We have received a report of an incident approximately 50 nautical miles west of Bab al-Mandab, Yemen

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1734841383444169211?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

remember the Indonesian hospital ship?

I think Egypt told it to gently caress off and stay away. Its not allowed to goto Gaza.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Dreylad posted:

61% civilian casualty rate. jfc.

Lol where the gently caress did you pull that bullshit number

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the only reason gazas suffering is continuing until today is because the arab regimes cant live in a world where hamas wins, so thats why theyre doing everything they can to buy israel time, but time has run out and it looks like theyre gonna have to do something to save their skins.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

That’s awesome, but how are they gonna get supplies in?

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Al-Saqr posted:

I wonder what's the average age of american ranks, how long does it normally take for someone to reach major or colonel or captain.

A friend of mine made Captain in the US Navy at the age of 39 after attending Annapolis and deploying to the Middle East five times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

tatankatonk posted:

from their so-called most elite brigade level unit too lol