Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

davebo posted:

Yes. Some people love 80s/90s X-Men so much they would even go so far as to name their firstborn son after Wolverine. No one here though, just other people.

A merry christmas to little Logan from the Lego thread. Make sure to get him some nice sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Sunk Dunk posted:

I'm building the yellow fiat right now and I noticed that almost all of the 2x2 curved slope pieces have some kind of blue discoloration. has anyone ever seen this before? it's kinda ugly so i might order some new pieces...

The colour consistency is pretty shite throughout the entire model. Art imitating life, I suppose.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

GlenMR posted:

The colour consistency is pretty shite throughout the entire model. Art imitating life, I suppose.

Yeah, I got that set at launch and it had the same issue.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

BaconCopter posted:

Lion Knights' Castle has been an absolute blast. I'm really loving the way all of the geometry has been working out. I'm taking my time with it, savoring all of the incredible details.

Lion Knights' Castle might be my favorite build. Plenty of little detail but it also feels like a giant heavy hunk of plastic in the best way that a Lego castle should (and the BURPs of our childhood kept them from doing).

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Imagine buying a Fiat and then being surprised that there is something wrong with it

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

davebo posted:

Yes. Some people love 80s/90s X-Men so much they would even go so far as to name their firstborn son after Wolverine. No one here though, just other people.

And there definitely wouldn't be two such people in one Lego thread. Absolutely not. Why, it would be uncanny.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Flyinglemur posted:

Imagine buying a Fiat and then being surprised that there is something wrong with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AJCdmW33fM

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

BaconCopter posted:

Lion Knights' Castle has been an absolute blast. I'm really loving the way all of the geometry has been working out. I'm taking my time with it, savoring all of the incredible details.

Mine's sitting unopened on the living room floor waiting for me to be done doing my week of stupid adult poo poo. Can't wait!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m about halfway through the Avengers Tower. Building experience had been… fine I guess, but not crazy fun or anything. Lots of the same gray windows. I think once I get close to the end and start building the very top and the angled wall to complete it, things will pick up

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I just started the Avengers Tower, and maybe I'm getting old, but the big alien monster build at the very beginning feels fiddly as gently caress during the assembly stage. I broke pieces off two or three times putting it together.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sloppy posted:

Mine's sitting unopened on the living room floor waiting for me to be done doing my week of stupid adult poo poo. Can't wait!

same. i think this might be the biggest set i've ever gotten. its semi intimidating just sitting there

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I just started the Avengers Tower, and maybe I'm getting old, but the big alien monster build at the very beginning feels fiddly as gently caress during the assembly stage. I broke pieces off two or three times putting it together.

Looking at it and having watched a speed build yeah that's a fiddly fucker with all those clipped on bits

I need to get rid of ye big wizard school before I start on my Avengers Tower, I think the spot the school is in is the only place for it really. Also if I get the Bugle I think it'll go there too.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My wife says the avengers tower doesn’t fit in with her ceramic Christmas village so she won’t let me build it until after the holidays.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Since we are griping about builds:
The Natural History Museum is a substandard modular build. It looks great but it's in the lower half, IMO, of modulars. Not sure where I would rank it, but it's not even as good as the designers last modular, the police station. Admittedly, the police station is a fantastic build.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Get yer dragons in
https://twitter.com/deralego/status/1734524701702041910

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Habibi posted:

And there definitely wouldn't be two such people in one Lego thread. Absolutely not. Why, it would be uncanny.

Man it's so common that when he was 8 months old I pulled up to a stoplight and noticed the car next to me had a baby Wolverine sticker on it. I asked the guy and he also named his son Logan, and was only 3 months younger than mine.

Anyway he just wants a ton of Mario Lego sets for Xmas. I got some new ones and some hand me downs from my nephew, two of which are duplicates but that seems fine since I guess the idea is just to make bigger more elaborate levels.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

HootTheOwl posted:

Is there a time limit on the pop-up?
I bought the Apollo motel instructions but haven't had the chance to download them yet and they're already sending out emails suggesting everything is over and delivered
Officially speaking, I'm hosting the instructions through the end of the year

Unofficially, imma just leave 'em up 'cause whatever, and you know you can always just hit me up directly for a copy if you ever need to!

Dogen posted:

Too thin plastic where the anti studs are on a pale color I think.
This is correct. Many lighter colored 2 x 1 and 2 x 2 curved slopes have this issue, but it seems worst on cool yellow and vibrant yellow. That said, cool yellow also has really poor color matching in general. I know it doesn't get talked about as much as dark red or lime green or whatever, but I imagine that's because LEGO doesn't often use a lot of it in one place. When you do, it's very noticeable. Here's the back of a guitar I built out of cool yellow. The vast majority of these pieces came from Pick-A-Brick Online in the same order, so it's not like this is a case of used vs new condition or older vs newer manufacture.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't want to be that guy on reddit who posts that their friend bought them half the lego store, but my friend bought me the BTTF Delorean. I already own one, so I decided to make this one special and ordered a lighting kit for it. Turns out that Light My Brick is 45 minutes away from me in Humble. TX.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's just roadworn cool yellow, some percentage of the bricks come with preemptive UV damage.

Kids love having a guitar that looks old!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Cojawfee posted:

I don't want to be that guy on reddit who posts that their friend bought them half the lego store, but my friend bought me the BTTF Delorean. I already own one, so I decided to make this one special and ordered a lighting kit for it. Turns out that Light My Brick is 45 minutes away from me in Humble. TX.

Oh poo poo no wonder my kit for the A-Frame arrived so quick. I need to actually put it in there though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Waltzing Along posted:

Since we are griping about builds:
The Natural History Museum is a substandard modular build. It looks great but it's in the lower half, IMO, of modulars. Not sure where I would rank it, but it's not even as good as the designers last modular, the police station. Admittedly, the police station is a fantastic build.

In terms of technique or aesthetic or both? I wasn't really impressed by it but I'm still trying to work out why.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Cojawfee posted:

I think they're actually Australian but they have a warehouse and poo poo there for their American sales because of the logistics of IAH, I guess? My folks live pretty close to there too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dogen posted:

I think they're actually Australian but they have a warehouse and poo poo there for their American sales because of the logistics of IAH, I guess? My folks live pretty close to there too.

Ah that makes sense. The website does say they are from Australia. So I guess they just got a warehouse in Humble because it's really close to IAH and the shipping channel. Makes a lot of sense.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Doctor Spaceman posted:

In terms of technique or aesthetic or both? I wasn't really impressed by it but I'm still trying to work out why.

Technique. The majority of it was very bland.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
New Marvel sets. The X-Men Jet has a higher PPP than the Hoopty, and somehow making those mechs with female characters still isn't happening.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Jesus, I had seen that rumored price, but god drat that's absolutely robbery. I expect it to be on sale at 30+% pretty quickly, just like the Hoopty... which is still a bad price.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Those are a lot of bad prices

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Skios posted:

New Marvel sets. The X-Men Jet has a higher PPP than the Hoopty, and somehow making those mechs with female characters still isn't happening.

Lmao at Rocket. Life's been rough since the group split up, I guess.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

My wife: “Is that Rocky Raccoon from Galaxy of Guardians?”

Basically predicting the Mould King knockoff version name right there.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

HootTheOwl posted:

Those are a lot of bad prices

359 pieces for like 85 bucks is one of the worst loving things i've ever seen lol. i dont give a gently caress about minifigs anyway but the insanely sad magneto and a cyclops with no leg printing are just a sadness multiplier. i'm not trying to be mean towards anyone's purchasing decisions, i've bought dumber poo poo at worse prices, but goddamn does that suck

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
So that’s like adding an expected and hefty secondary market value of the minifigs (Wolverine especially) to a more typical set price tag? Wild.

What’s the situation with Disney and X-Men rights? Are all the Marvel IP back under the same roof now? Will this be the first X-Men set officially under Marvel under Disney?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

prisoner of waffles posted:

What’s the situation with Disney and X-Men rights? Are all the Marvel IP back under the same roof now? Will this be the first X-Men set officially under Marvel under Disney?
Disney has the X-Men rights now yeah (and has since ~2019).

They got some of the Hulk rights back very recently too.

Explodingdice
Jun 28, 2023

Borsche69 posted:

same. i think this might be the biggest set i've ever gotten. its semi intimidating just sitting there

I can now say, having dropped my castle when getting the christmas village out, that it's fairly easy to reassemble.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

prisoner of waffles posted:

Fox only ever had the rights to live-action film and television adaptations; toys and other merch were unaffected by that licensing deal. When relations between the two companies soured, Marvel didn't allow those characters to be used in toys or video games for several years because they didn't want to advertise a competitor's movies, not because they didn't have the rights. At any rate, all the older X-Men sets were produced years after Disney bought Marvel but before they started sitting on the IP.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Borsche69 posted:

359 pieces for like 85 bucks is one of the worst loving things i've ever seen lol. i dont give a gently caress about minifigs anyway but the insanely sad magneto and a cyclops with no leg printing are just a sadness multiplier. i'm not trying to be mean towards anyone's purchasing decisions, i've bought dumber poo poo at worse prices, but goddamn does that suck
There's also at least a dozen stickers on that bad boy. I feel like at the 20c+ PPP threshold y'all can give us some prints. This thing has essentially no redeeming qualities if you're not heavily nostalgic for its subject matter.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

poo poo I'm nostalgic for it but I ain't paying 85$ for 359 pieces. Maybe if it goes on sale for 50$ at some point.

Maybe.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Marvel theme park rights are still very weird as well with Universal having X-Men and Avengers rights in the Eastern US on lock

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

maybeadracula posted:

Marvel theme park rights are still very weird as well with Universal having X-Men and Avengers rights in the Eastern US on lock

And the Hulk roller coaster

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Hi it's me, the idiot who buys overpriced sets for the minifigs.

I will be waiting for a sale on the X-Men Jet, Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Rumors of a space CMF series.

1. Robot human suit for tiny aliens
2. Classic Space Robot
3. Retro Spacewoman (Female version of Series 17 fig)
4. M-Tron Redux
5. Alien in UFO costume
6. Grey Alien Tourist
7. Alien Insectoid
8. Modern Astronaut
9. Ice Planet Redux with Space Penguin
10. Mutated BlackTron
11. Orian with translucent parts
12. Space Nurse with Pink Space Baby

There's a few in there I am really interested in.

source