Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Cached Money posted:

someone post that screenshot of the guy who injected weed mayonnaise

still thinking about this myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Spergin Morlock posted:

still thinking about the video from 1955 where the scientist testing a blocker for LSD mentions experimenting with adrenochrome. lmao

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

adrenochrome was probably just their cover designation for their experiments with meth, which their brand new Paperclip scientists were enlightening them on

also starting a spinoff conspiracy theory, "they didn't do frazzledrip for adrenochrome; they did it just for fun"

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

you know
i really did know that some of my faves would be implicated but...
not wilson
not like this

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

The Saucer Hovers posted:

you know
i really did know that some of my faves would be implicated but...
not wilson
not like this

never did trust that red and white bastard

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Bilirubin posted:

never did trust that red and white bastard

username / topic combo

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Adrenochrome wikipedia page posted:

Several small-scale studies (involving 15 or fewer test subjects) conducted in the 1950s and 1960s reported that adrenochrome triggered psychotic reactions such as thought disorder and derealization.

hosed up that wikipedia is furthering the adrenochrome conspiracy as well

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
https://x.com/RobertSkvarla/status/1734563847023763672?s=20

Interesting tweet of an old NYT article. Israel's mossad were inspired by mkultra and the Manchurian candidate to create their own hypnotized assassin from a Palestinian prisoner who could get close to Arafet.

The program seemed to work as their victim automatically raised his gun to fire when presented photos of Arafet.
He was released back into the public to complete the task but immediately turned himself into the police, gave them the gun and told them what mossad had done.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Y'all ever seen that Derren Brown episode where he creates a Manchurian candidate? I never bring it up cause it's TeeVee entertainment likely not real at all... but I do think about it often.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

someone post the weed mayo syringe i've never seen it and must

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
that killary stuff is pretty disturbing even if a blatant hoax. yikes

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Marenghi posted:

The program seemed to work as their victim automatically raised his gun to fire when presented photos of Arafet.
He was released back into the public to complete the task but immediately turned himself into the police, gave them the gun and told them what mossad had done.

it really seems like hypnosis is more about traditional deception and disorientation than anything. you can't "remote control" someone or so much as you can fool them into thinking they're in a completely different place ("a firing range" in Sirhan's case ) where some action would be appropriate. no need to influence their thoughts, only their mental setting. the main discovery of intelligence is that hypnotic preparation of some types of people while they're under the influence of hallucinogens and sleep deprivation makes them MUCH more vulnerable to this exploit, to that point that it's reliable.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1734671618394436051?t=K3Bevf4ceo728mJ1ursK_Q&s=19

Makes u think

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Jose posted:

someone post the weed mayo syringe i've never seen it and must

found it:

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
helpfull tips (no doc)

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Given that

Funky town
Korean number rooms
Peter Scully
Dr gloves
Russian hammer maniacs

Are real, I could easily believe that something exists that was on Weiner's computer that started the whisper mill that ended with people one upping each other on 4chan.

Also lol the map of the McMartin preschool tunnels that definitely don't exist that were in the FBI file on the finders.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

cagliostr0 posted:

Given that

Funky town
Korean number rooms
Peter Scully
Dr gloves
Russian hammer maniacs

Are real, I could easily believe that something exists that was on Weiner's computer that started the whisper mill that ended with people one upping each other on 4chan.

Also lol the map of the McMartin preschool tunnels that definitely don't exist that were in the FBI file on the finders.

The Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs are Ukrainian :ukraine:

The tunnels are real

All that other poo poo, holy poo poo, you're telling me about Dr. Gloves for the first time and I am horrified

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Whenever the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs come up I always want to emphasize the most important part of the story is their original self-claimed motivation, that a shady "foreign website operator" ordered the videos and promised to pay a lot for a series of them

The police said there was nothing to this but this is also a country where they will beat whatever confession out of you that is most convenient and involves the least amount of work for them to investigate

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Dokapon Findom posted:

Whenever the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs come up I always want to emphasize the most important part of the story is their original self-claimed motivation, that a shady "foreign website operator" ordered the videos and promised to pay a lot for a series of them

The police said there was nothing to this but this is also a country where they will beat whatever confession out of you that is most convenient and involves the least amount of work for them to investigate

Do you think there are dark web snuff sites that are upset Isis and the cartels post their homegrown on tiktok

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

cagliostr0 posted:

Do you think there are dark web snuff sites that are upset Isis and the cartels post their homegrown on tiktok

Probably not if their business is bespoke videos

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Basically the orange room from Videodrome is real and there's nothing anyone can do about it

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

Dokapon Findom posted:

The Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs are Ukrainian :ukraine:

The tunnels are real

All that other poo poo, holy poo poo, you're telling me about Dr. Gloves for the first time and I am horrified

yeah im saving reading about this for another day, or never

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
do not look into dr. gloves. you'll just find mr. hands

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Ha! What a silly play on words- ah, Jesus

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol I just read that the police shut off the gas an hour ahead of that Arlington house explosion. Makes u think..

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

maxwellhill posted:

do not look into dr. gloves. you'll just find mr. hands

I really really really would have preferred if this had been the case

what the gently caress

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Retarded Goatee posted:

what the gently caress

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Spergin Morlock posted:

this fun 1950s clip came up on YouTube for me the other day. check the poo poo the doctor says during minute 23 lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjNWrxzm-es

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have any recommended reading on the history of the Rotary Club, and in particular its anticommunist origins?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ahhhHHH

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

also why did it pop up in my recommended videos. I hadn't been looking for anything even remotely related to it lol

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Dokapon Findom posted:

Basically the orange room from Videodrome is real and there's nothing anyone can do about it

No doubt. Even just chasing algorithmic money on youtube created a whole ecosystem of monkey torture/snuff films, or at least introduced people to an already existing marketplace. BBC did an expose on it earlier this year.

During lock-down with more people online watching youtube these harmless monkey videos from Asia became more popular. They were originally just happy videos of pet macaques from people in SE Asia. But in recent years the videos became popular with Americans, and westerners in general, which increased the ad revenue. Western viewers are worth more. Then certain videos started to do better than others, videos where the monkeys show pain. Simple stuff like accidentally getting shampoo in their eye during bath-time. Which got noticed by the creators who catered more to these type of videos. And pushed the boundaries on how much pain they could 'accidentally' inflict without getting flagged. This then moved off site to telegram where people were paying more money for actual torture videos, up to and including custom snuff videos. People were paying thousands to have videos of monkeys killed by the implement of their choosing.

If that market exists for middle class people who take pleasure in watching human like monkey snuff. What are the odds a similar market doesn't exist for the enormously wealthy with actual humans.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Retarded Goatee posted:

what the gently caress

i wanna know but I don't wanna know god damnit

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Marenghi posted:

No doubt. Even just chasing algorithmic money on youtube created a whole ecosystem of monkey torture/snuff films, or at least introduced people to an already existing marketplace. BBC did an expose on it earlier this year.

During lock-down with more people online watching youtube these harmless monkey videos from Asia became more popular. They were originally just happy videos of pet macaques from people in SE Asia. But in recent years the videos became popular with Americans, and westerners in general, which increased the ad revenue. Western viewers are worth more. Then certain videos started to do better than others, videos where the monkeys show pain. Simple stuff like accidentally getting shampoo in their eye during bath-time. Which got noticed by the creators who catered more to these type of videos. And pushed the boundaries on how much pain they could 'accidentally' inflict without getting flagged. This then moved off site to telegram where people were paying more money for actual torture videos, up to and including custom snuff videos. People were paying thousands to have videos of monkeys killed by the implement of their choosing.

If that market exists for middle class people who take pleasure in watching human like monkey snuff. What are the odds a similar market doesn't exist for the enormously wealthy with actual humans.

wait what the gently caress

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Marenghi posted:

Years ago in the GBS forums, during when we had anonymous confessions, there were an overwhelming amount of people confessing that they absolutely hated rhesus macaques. They enjoyed seeing them suffer in stuff like the PETA lab videos and the like, and they couldn't explain why.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Wow some gnarly poo poo on this page

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
had to pump the brakes lil bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Shear Modulus posted:

wait what the gently caress

there's a few expose docs about the baby monkey torture on youtube now, but Marenghi's post gives you all you really need to know. on youtube you're maybe only ever 3 clicks away from something really hosed up