Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I got nuked. It was bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I faced burning roads, rivers exploding, calculators transformed into Scud missiles. There was nothing I could do

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TotalLossBrain posted:

I faced burning roads, rivers exploding, calculators transformed into Scud missiles. There was nothing I could do

Big deal a lot of people live in Ohio too

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Milo and POTUS posted:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Milo and POTUS posted:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Azathoth Prime posted:

Yeah, the real risk was totally overblown. The people that needed to take action all knew about it well in advance and we took those actions. At the place I was working at the time, we knew with like 99.9% certainty that our poo poo was not going to break. We’d built a test environment where we could spoof NTP and simulate the rollover as often as we needed to be sure all our mitigation steps were working.

It didn’t stop management from putting us all on-call. So we all got to sit at home, sober, while the rest of the world celebrated something that only happens every 1000 years.

my old man was in charge of IT at one of the AIG buildings when that was happening and he was either dumb enough or misinformed and was actually worried something was going to go wrong so i had to stay at home that night which was right after i turned 18. all of my friends and my gf were pissed.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Username doesn't check out

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Azathoth Prime posted:

Yeah. And now I work in R&D helping develop the high speed memory (RAM and flash) that AI needs to take over the world.

But the pay is decent, and the hours aren’t bad.

Which is capitalism in a nutshell, I guess.

Have you started practicing saying "you can't do this to me! I created youuaaAArgh-" in the mirror yet

Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012

kdrudy posted:

In future movies he makes up companies for all those credits and then puts a note at the end:

"Any of the above listed companies in the credits with an "N" or a "B" in their name are fictitious. This work was actually done personally by Neil Breen"

In past movies he did, but this is from his most recent, the only one that has a CGI tiger fight in it.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I'm reading a book about the cultural history of Christmas and found this illustration:

Seems like crappy toilet humor books made solely to be gag Chistmas gifts are extremely traditional - this one is from 1761.
I count 5 poop jokes, though I am probably missing some. For easy of reading, the funny-looking Fs are S's

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Pustulio posted:

In past movies he did, but this is from his most recent, the only one that has a CGI tiger fight in it.

Hah, didn't realize that, he went back, funny.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Pookah posted:

I'm reading a book about the cultural history of Christmas and found this illustration:

Seems like crappy toilet humor books made solely to be gag Chistmas gifts are extremely traditional - this one is from 1761.
I count 5 poop jokes, though I am probably missing some. For easy of reading, the funny-looking Fs are S's

My first thought was "This is so Pratchett it hurts" - but I guess that Pratchett, like Gaiman, just had an excellent eye for old English oddities.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pookah posted:

The text of this furvivef if you are interefted.

https://www.horntip.com/html/books_&_MSS/1700s/1730s_bog-house_miscellany/part_1_3rd_edition_(HC)/index.htm

Starts off strong with one about a friar eating rear end.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
ſo glad we dropped the long s.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Tis the season:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ABSENT FRIENDS [NATIVES]

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

davidspackage posted:

Have you started practicing saying "you can't do this to me! I created youuaaAArgh-" in the mirror yet

I am confident that I am safe from Roko’s Basilisk.

Mostly because it’s a dumb idea and will never exist.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Azathoth Prime posted:

I am confident that I am safe from Roko’s Basilisk.

Mostly because it’s a dumb idea and will never exist.

Believing in Roko's Basilisk but sayin this poo poo anyway to neg that weakass AI

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

WE MADE YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRuVTDJpVxA

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

OwlFancier posted:

The text of this furvivef if you are interefted.

https://www.horntip.com/html/books_&_MSS/1700s/1730s_bog-house_miscellany/part_1_3rd_edition_(HC)/index.htm

Starts off strong with one about a friar eating rear end.

drat, thif if fome ferioufly faucy fuff

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pookah posted:

I do enjoy "I wish I was a turd in the shithouse so I could see my girlfriend's arse even if she just shat me out, lol"

big king charles energy.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Pookah posted:

you don't use it for an 's' that ends the word :mad:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Mauser posted:

Oh suddenly there are rules. :rolleyes:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Eeeyy, I’m speakin English ova heeah

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
https://youtu.be/ZP5aPgR60hM?si=RfffpHzxlTAqExmn

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

My gosh, they are terrible at smearing for isolation

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

freeedr posted:

Eeeyy, I’m fpeakin Englifh ova heeah

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

:lmao:
This guy never misses.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
PYF Funny Pictures: For fome Men read – but all Men —.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Mauser posted:

But I just did, twice.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Miikka and Heimo's Excellent Adventure

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Megillah Gorilla posted:

ſo glad we dropped the long s.

We dropped the long s so we could have the cool s.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The long s, favored by snake people.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

he about to get his rear end beat

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

What's he thinking about ???