Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah Herbstreit rarely says things that actively annoy me and has a pleasant demeanor. He's great for a bedtime game of no real relevance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Collinsworth is unable to hide his biases and annoys me bigly

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

abelwingnut posted:

what's wrong with herbstreit? i like him informing me about how x dude performed in college, and he seems to break down plays quickly and well.

e: i do not pay attention to college football, so if it's something from that, sure. i just think he's fine as an analyst.

He's dull as poo poo and has no feel for the NFL game. I feel like whenever Al is about to say something interesting, herbstreit brings the energy of "this player red shirted as a sophomore at Utah state."

Honestly he is like Al's Chaperone to make sure he doesn't get too poo poo faced or interesting.

I'm a sicko enough that I'd like Al by himself being forced to call a lovely game.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I wonder who Herbstreit pissed off since he was already babysitting Corso for Gameday and now has to do the same for Michaels on Thursdays.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Monday night was fun for no other reason than Peyton's disgust when both games were punting so they couldn't switch between them

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Android Apocalypse posted:

Zach Wilson going on a tear to finish the season would be the funniest thing.

The Jets are still somehow in the playoff hunt right?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

I wonder who Herbstreit pissed off since he was already babysitting Corso for Gameday and now has to do the same for Michaels on Thursdays.

Someone who is giving him another few million.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Monday night was fun for no other reason than Peyton's disgust when both games were punting so they couldn't switch between them

It was especially great because of how excited he was about not having to see any punts before the games started, and I don't think it was even ten minutes afterwards that both first drives ended in punts

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Who wants to play American football in Brazil during their summer? The NFL sure does!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bellmaker posted:

In that they're one of the 4 5-8 teams behind the 6 7-6 teams, sure.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

Yep. They get in as a wildcard if

this week: they beat the Dolphins, Lions beat Broncos, Cowboys beat Bills, Vikings beat Bengals, Titans beat Texans, Colts beat Steelers and Raiders beat Chargers
Week 16: they beat Washington, Chargers maybe beat Bills (Bills can win either this or week 17 vs Pats, winning both eliminates Jets), Browns beat Texans and Chiefs beat Raiders
Week 17: they beat Browns, Bills lose to Pats (if they beat Chargers week 16), Chargers beat Broncos and Chiefs beat Bengals
Week 18: they beat Pats, Browns beat Bengals, Ravens beat Steelers, Dolphins beat Bills and Broncos beat Raiders

https://www.nydailynews.com/2023/12/11/jets-delusional-playoff-dreams-require-a-near-impossible-path-to-come-true/ It's not the only way they can get in, but TL;DR they have at least 8 teams ahead of them in the race for one of the two spots, and they need a lot more than just themselves winning out to happen

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

OneMoreTime posted:

Who wants to play American football in Brazil during their summer? The NFL sure does!

It’s 30c in Spain, in December

lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The jets wildin out with Wilson and winning out but missing out on the playoffs is the best case scenario for them because someone will trade for Wilson at that point for next season.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

The jets wildin out with Wilson and winning out but missing out on the playoffs is the best case scenario for them because someone will trade for Wilson at that point for next season.

Same with the Bears and Fields. And it won’t even ruin their draft pick.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Chris James 2 posted:

Yep. They get in as a wildcard if

this week: they beat the Dolphins, Lions beat Broncos, Cowboys beat Bills, Vikings beat Bengals, Titans beat Texans, Colts beat Steelers and Raiders beat Chargers
Week 16: they beat Washington, Chargers maybe beat Bills (Bills can win either this or week 17 vs Pats, winning both eliminates Jets), Browns beat Texans and Chiefs beat Raiders
Week 17: they beat Browns, Bills lose to Pats (if they beat Chargers week 16), Chargers beat Broncos and Chiefs beat Bengals
Week 18: they beat Pats, Browns beat Bengals, Ravens beat Steelers, Dolphins beat Bills and Broncos beat Raiders

https://www.nydailynews.com/2023/12/11/jets-delusional-playoff-dreams-require-a-near-impossible-path-to-come-true/ It's not the only way they can get in, but TL;DR they have at least 8 teams ahead of them in the race for one of the two spots, and they need a lot more than just themselves winning out to happen

It's pretty funny how much of this is entirely plausible. God I hope this dipshit timeline comes through for us.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It was pretty easy to get the jets in. I picked them to win out, then picked the games just as I saw them. After that I just had to flip one browns win to a loss and boom, they're in.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/m...2~2~401547653~2

Denver could also win out and very easily be the #1 seed in the AFC.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

If you are the Steelers or the Bucs or whoever:
  • Are you trading for Justin Fields?
  • What would you give up?

If i’m the Bucs I’m pretty okay sending a 2nd+3rd+late rounder.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Nah, the Bucs are getting Jayden Daniels.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

wandler20 posted:

Nah, the Bucs are getting Jayden Daniels.

Also fair

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Are the Steelers done with Kenny Pickett already that they need Justin Fields?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mr. Nice! posted:

The best case scenario for the rest of us is the Wilson wilding out and making the playoffs, Rodgers coming back and looking like poo poo and getting benched for Wilson.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

trilljester posted:

Are the Steelers done with Kenny Pickett already that they need Justin Fields?

what a grim choice to have to make

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Shinji2015 posted:

It was especially great because of how excited he was about not having to see any punts before the games started, and I don't think it was even ten minutes afterwards that both first drives ended in punts

The despairing cry of "No! No punts! Pat McAfee isn't a guest! Can we just go to a commercial?!"

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I really enjoyed the Manning mini-Red Zone, but it did highlight the amount of effort going in to all the timely jumps between games Red Zone pulls off every week. Scott and his crew do such a good job giving us 7 hours of commercial free football.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Gonz posted:

We live in a simulation.

This season is the NFL’s version of We Didn’t Start The Fire and it hasn’t even finished being written yet

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sunday Morning posted:

I really enjoyed the Manning mini-Red Zone, but it did highlight the amount of effort going in to all the timely jumps between games Red Zone pulls off every week. Scott and his crew do such a good job giving us 7 hours of commercial free football.

It had to be incredibly difficult to produce with two hosts who are at home and thus have delays.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/nickkorte/status/1734985949564514676?s=20

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1734991414461620603?s=46

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

OneMoreTime posted:

Umm, are they aware of the temperature in Brazil during the summer? They'd have to play early in the morning or in a dome for it to be feasible I'd think.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Anderson Koopa posted:

Umm, are they aware of the temperature in Brazil during the summer? They'd have to play early in the morning or in a dome for it to be feasible I'd think.

Yes but have you also considered the following point?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Anderson Koopa posted:

So what you’re saying is they’ll send two teams from cold weather, northern, and/or dome stadiums?

Hot Diggity! posted:

Yes but have you also considered the following point?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I want some player to pull a Eugene Robinson the night before that game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If Goff is garbage in the cold, does that mean the opposite is true and Goff would have a perfect game in the Brazil summer?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Anderson Koopa posted:

It's more likely to be the mean, and that's not bad at all. Unless I'm misteading what the parentheses mean.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's more likely to be the mean, and that's not bad at all. Unless I'm misteading what the parentheses mean.

I believe the parentheses refer to Celsius. If I'm reading it correctly the Mean daily maximum °C (°F) is the average warmest it feels every day. I'm trying to find resources online, but it appears somewhere around 90 degrees Farenheit approaches danger levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6365067/ I found this article about the treatment of heatstroke. It doesn't go into too much detail about what the threshold is, but146 football players have suffered heat related deaths.

Also the games might work if the weather cooperates, but a heat wave would throw a wrench into the plans.

https://apnews.com/article/brazil-heat-wave-climate-environment-wildfires-1e4714fb2c6566120c13cf4e2b657f7d

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 13, 2023

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Anderson Koopa posted:

It is possible to play football in 80 degree weather

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
It's 77 in Rio as I type, the average high in September is 78 (in Miami it's 89). Yes a 110 degree heat wave would be very bad but it'll probably be fine.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Miami, but about 5-10% higher humidity. Neat.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Anderson Koopa posted:

Miami boutta get a taste of their own medicine lol

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I was in Brazil this past New Year's, 14 hours south of Sao Paulo, it was pleasantly warm but not stiflingly hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mega64 posted:

If Goff is garbage in the cold, does that mean the opposite is true and Goff would have a perfect game in the Brazil summer?

Not unless he’s from inland empire lol