Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

BigglesSWE posted:

Listening to latest Knowledge Fight, I’ll give it 1 month until Elon is a guest in the InfoWars studio.

There’s no question in my mind that Musk was the person who donated a few million worth of cryptocurrency a while back.

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't the X launch guest on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
:lol:

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006

I mean, sure the hands look good when you are using what looks like a 3D model for those clips

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Aw geez, ma, don't embarrass me by tweeting at the president

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Just say what you usually say

"Stop asking me questions about my son and get back to skinning the Dalmatians before I take another of your fingers"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

shut the gently caress up you old bag

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The richest man in the world’s mommy is very upset that there are people in the country that the richest man in the world has been spending enormous money to control politically who do not want him to be able to do as he pleases

This is good and cool and normal

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Oh, if your goal is to make the world a better place, then say no more.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
yes I have so many fans. They all live in canada and malaysia so that's why you can't meet them

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

i would have died of embarrassment and shame if my mom had publicly gone to bat for me like this when i was in elementary school. elon is 52 years old

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

What did Biden actually say and what was this in response to? There's so many reasons why the feds could be looking at him.

also:

shyduck posted:

shut the gently caress up you old bag

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

priznat posted:

What did Biden actually say and what was this in response to? There's so many reasons why the feds could be looking at him.
It was in response to the Saudis investing in Twitter, and it was in November 2022

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2022/11/10/biden-says-musks-overseas-links-worthy-of-being-looked-at

quote:

Biden made the remarks on Wednesday when asked if he believed Musk was a threat to national security and whether his purchase of Twitter with the help of a member of Saudi Arabia’s royal family should be probed by US authorities.

Musk, the world’s richest man, completed his $44bn purchase of Twitter last month with the help of funding from foreign sources, including Prince Alwaleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia, a longtime investor in the social media network, and an investment firm owned by Qatar’s sovereign wealth fund.

“I think that Elon Musk’s cooperation and/or technical relationships with other countries is worthy of being looked at,” Biden said during a news conference at the White House.

“Whether he is doing anything inappropriate, I’m not suggesting that. I’m suggesting they’re worth being looked at. And that’s all I’ll say.”

Asked how the Tesla CEO and founder’s foreign ties could be investigated, Biden said: “There’s a lot of ways.”

edit: That was the original quote, but the FCC thing was recent, and ho boy lmao

https://www.thestreet.com/technology/elon-musk-goes-after-biden-administration-after-900-million-spacex-loss

quote:

The U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Dec. 12 reaffirmed its 2022 decision to reject SpaceX's application for nearly $900 million in broadband subsidies.

Following SpaceX's challenge of the initial decision, the FCC said in a statement that Elon Musk's space company failed to "meet basic program requirements" in its bid to receive funding through the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund program.
They're not getting their subsidies the house of cards is built on so they're angry

shyduck fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 13, 2023

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Maye’thuzad make Elon her avatar of war!

Is what popped into my head, I’m sorry or you’re welcome, whichever applies.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

steinrokkan posted:

Name me one promise that Elon didn't keep

'til death do us part

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Fat Albert in a can posted:

Maye’thuzad make Elon her avatar of war!

Is what popped into my head, I’m sorry or you’re welcome, whichever applies.

Elon Musk as a big dumb destructive idiot who causes trouble for 40 people in a guild that can only defeat him through coordinated action? Yeah that tracks.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

biznatchio posted:

Elon Musk as a big dumb destructive idiot who causes trouble for 40 people in a guild that can only defeat him through coordinated action? Yeah that tracks.

Also: she lichy lookin’.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hello I am Elon's mother, Mrs. Musk, posting from Mrs. Musk's X account

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

My son Elon is a good boy. Please stop making fun of him on the internet.

Signed, my mom

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Errol: drat it Maye, stop coddling the boy, there’s no stairs to push him down on the internet, fucks sake.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
no mom I'm fine, all my friends just go to the other school.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Just reposting poo poo well over a year old, purposely cutting off the dates…

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Elon is going to rebrand x/twitter as “the real source of info” because “we’re not beholden to big ad dollars from wokerations) (corpowoketions?) and just start hammering out the bullshit during an election year, book it.

Alex jones being back is a large part of this.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

shyduck posted:

edit: That was the original quote, but the FCC thing was recent, and ho boy lmao

https://www.thestreet.com/technology/elon-musk-goes-after-biden-administration-after-900-million-spacex-loss

They're not getting their subsidies the house of cards is built on so they're angry

The FCC is saying what anyone that has a basic understanding of how Starlink works could have told you from the beginning, Starlink does not scale, it will not scale, it exists in a circular scam where SpaceX needs Starlink to survive and Starlink needs SpaceX to survive because if they don't then Starship will never launch the Starlink satellites that will actually for real make Starlink scale.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

Surely they wouldn’t get Taco Bell burritos in San Fran goddamn cisco.

They absolutely would, because Elon locked the doors to keep the workers from leaving riffraff out. It's okay though, you can just unlock the doors in the event a fire breaks out :sun:

I, too, introduce myself by familial affiliation whenever I'm talking about a family member :dumb:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Just reposting poo poo well over a year old, purposely cutting off the dates…

Huh? She posted this two hours ago my dude

https://x.com/mayemusk/status/1734961547078746422?s=20

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

Listening to latest Knowledge Fight, I’ll give it 1 month until Elon is a guest in the InfoWars studio.
i'll take the under

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

E the Shaggy posted:

Huh? She posted this two hours ago my dude

I stand corrected

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

lol

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1734756351589441998

lmao

been a good few days

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

2 elon calls later

starlink to get new 1.4bil govt subsidy

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

elon only wins

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Slotducks posted:

2 elon calls later

starlink to get new 1.4bil govt subsidy

Starlink, proud partner of the JO pants and the FSB

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Of course his new BFF Mike Benz is on the case

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
only the best adds on x the everything adds

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

they should stop the game because I'm not allowed to play

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

guess who went crying to mommy again

https://twitter.com/mayemusk/status/1734961547078746422

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
"make the world better"

For who? Because the poo poo the musk folks are doing ain't doing gently caress all for me and mine.

pop fly to McGillicutty fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 13, 2023

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

This bro just confidently techsplaining like he knows what he’s talking about
Just leaving behind a trail of bored dates just checking their phones as he drones on

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Bugsy posted:

only the best adds on x the everything adds

Hooolyy fuuckkk they've got skdfmmsdf back in stock?? I've been waiting months for that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
America's biggest welfare queen upset that he's not getting another $900 million.

My guess, since Starlink satellites have to be replaced often the government realized SpaceX was going to use that leverage to create a permanent subsidy. Laying fiber to rural areas is expensive, but it's mostly an one time cost.