Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

drat Dirty Ape posted:

By far the most famous game I can think of that almost everyone I know has heard of and yet nobody plays it or has any idea what it's actual gameplay is like.

If you've never played RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS there's never been a better time to start! If you sign up now you'll unlock the Shadow King hero for free along with 1400 shadow tokens! (heroes cost 1500)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

FishMcCool posted:

Isn't it the one where you're the hero who can save the realm, milord?

No that's Evony, which you can come play now m'lord.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Is it the one with the guy that gets kicked in the balls down a cliff by a giant lady, or the one with the army of zombies coming at you where you add or multiply and the ad always picks the wrong ones?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

it's the one where a bruised up lady in daisy dukes writhes around in mortal peril

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Hey, it's WORD: GENERIC SUBTITLE from your favourite app store!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The icon is a closeup of a cartoon avatar's face emoting in an exaggerated Dreamworks style, so you know it is a quality game.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

alan wake 2 is already down to $26 barely a month after launch, patient gamers stay winning

mystes
May 31, 2006

repiv posted:

alan wake 2 is already down to $26 barely a month after launch, patient gamers stay winning
where?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Epic store; sale price and it stacks with their 33% off coupon

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

repiv posted:

I bought it right after the game awards, so I at least partially owned myself.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I bought it right after the game awards, so I at least partially owned myself.

i think epic does automatic partial refunds if the game goes on sale within the return window, so you might get some of that back at least

that probably only applies to the base discount though, not the extra discount from the coupon

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

How is the Alan Wake 2 optimization? I have an RTX 2080 super which has been .. alright with recent games (I was able to play CP2077 DLC with good graphics) so are the requirements as dire as they first warned or have they actually optimized so I could play on low-mid?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
The Epic coupon works on multiple games in a transaction. Just picked up Alan Wake 2, The Crew Motorfest and Mortal Kombat 1 for $78 before tax. That's worth the penalty of having to boot the Epic launcher.

e: loving hell these games are massive, 90gb for aw2 and 100gb for mk1

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 13, 2023

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

TeaJay posted:

How is the Alan Wake 2 optimization? I have an RTX 2080 super which has been .. alright with recent games (I was able to play CP2077 DLC with good graphics) so are the requirements as dire as they first warned or have they actually optimized so I could play on low-mid?

seems you can get to 50-60ish FPS using PS5 equivalent settings and 1440p DLSS Quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro1sjo4r_iY&t=104s

IIRC those wooded areas are meant to be the most demanding ones

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

TeaJay posted:

It's well optmized. I was able to play through on a 3070 with solid framerates which is about equivalent to a 2080 super, though the higher end ray tracing options will make it start to chug.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

TeaJay posted:

I had to run on mostly medium settings on a 3080 but was able to turn on some RTX and still get 40-60 FPS which was fine with gsync. Seemed to run fine and look great at those settings with or without RTX; I'm sure it looks incredible at highest settings but that seems to be more of a future playthrough thing when tech actually catches up to run it reasonably at that level.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

The Epic coupon works on multiple games in a transaction. Just picked up Alan Wake 2, The Crew Motorfest and Mortal Kombat 1 for $78 before tax. That's worth the penalty of having to boot the Epic launcher.

Mortal Kombat 1, and Alan Wake 2 are solid choices! Crew Motorfest is just a Horizon 5 ripoff. I decided to stop playing it altogether last night because the AI can rubberban to keep up with you, and its the most annoying poo poo ever. On top of too much voice over / commentary during races, and just the presentation being really annoying. The game has zero identity of its own, its just a copy/paste of Horizon 5. If you've played that, you'll quickly see what I mean with the opening race tutorial being a 1 to 1 copy, but the rest of the game whole sales takes from Forza every single aspect of its design.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Horizon are my favorite racing games and I’ve exhausted them and the DLCs. I’m fine with an also-ran for 25ish dollars.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah Crew Motorfest was such a blatant souless ripoff of FH5 that it was kind of comical. Except the driving model felt like poo poo compared to it so it didn't even really have that. Love when the special era races like the 60's was just you driving cars from the 60's with a sepia tone and giant balloons lining the road that said "60'S" and peace signs and stuff.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The last straw for me was a 20+ minute long race where I was ahead of the AI by multiple minutes, and then all of a sudden 4 AI cars just pass me out of no where near the very end. Uninstalled after that. Played on UBISoft+, so noting really lost as I originally subbed just for Avatar Frontier of Pandora, and that one was fun.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

drat Dirty Ape posted:

By far the most famous game I can think of that almost everyone I know has heard of and yet nobody plays it or has any idea what it's actual gameplay is like.

It's a clone of epic 7 / summoners war but with less anime, more paytowin, and 3d models.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Also picked up Dead Island 2 for another mid-20s. All four of my 2023 big game backlogs for $100~ in the day of $70 new releases is pretty good!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Valve To Steam Deck Owners: Stop Huffing Its Vent Fumes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

*sipping my Panera ice tea* I'm here for a good time not a long time.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

no

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ok i now have chants of senaar thanks to the epic sale. maybe i will get sludge life 2 later...

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'm probably gonna reset my windows installation Soon :tm:; I know Steam (and Epic iirc?) I can just point to my library and it'll pick up whatever games I have installed, but what about Game Pass?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Soul Glo posted:

Also picked up Dead Island 2 for another mid-20s. All four of my 2023 big game backlogs for $100~ in the day of $70 new releases is pretty good!

Ooo yeah now this one I was waiting for. Good as hell price, picking this up with a friend.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man Lego Fortnite is really drat good I wish it was a separate game though. The login process is annoying.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

*sipping my Panera ice tea* I'm here for a good time not a long time.

Its actually their lemonade that kills you! :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

Its actually their lemonade that kills you! :v:

I knew I was forgetting an extra word in there! Yeah, their lemonade literally killed a person. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKwrMD7zDvM

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

MarcusSA posted:

Man Lego Fortnite is really drat good I wish it was a separate game though. The login process is annoying.

It should have added a separate Lego Fortnite entry to your library that will take you straight to world selection without going through the main Fortnite menus

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wintermutant posted:

It should have added a separate Lego Fortnite entry to your library that will take you straight to world selection without going through the main Fortnite menus

Oh yeah it does that I just mean the whole Fortnite login process.

The game also runs really well on the ROG Ally

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I like The Crew: Motorfest, but a lot of that is because there are not enough arcade racers out there in the world. It's definitely just a 1:1 ripoff of Forza Horizon and it eliminated the big "We have a compressed map of the whole US!" differentiator to be just Hawaii, but I've had a good time with it since I bought that and Alan Wake 2 a couple weeks ago during the last sale. I think they would have been cheaper if I had waited until this sale though.

Oh well.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Alan Wake 2 is the first next-gen game that I think actually earned the right to be incredibly demanding with how great it looks and how much the lighting adds to the atmosphere. On my 3070 I have to play it at 1080p Medium to get 60-100 fps, but I can even turn the Raytracing and Path Tracing stuff up to maximum and still manage 30-45fps in most places, which is fine for the less action oriented parts. I generally switch the RTX stuff back and forth depending on if I'm exploring or fighting. I think only having 8GB VRAM is the main limiting factor for me.

Volte fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 13, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

This week, on Will It Blend, the Steamdeck!

Mmm, Steamdeck fumes. Don't breathe this.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Volte posted:

Alan Wake 2 is the first next-gen game that I think actually earned the right to be incredibly demanding with how great it looks and how much the lighting adds to the atmosphere. On my 3070 I have to play it at 1080p Medium to get 60-100 fps, but I can even turn the Raytracing and Path Tracing stuff up to maximum and still manage 30-45fps in most places, which is fine for the less action oriented parts. I generally switch the RTX stuff back and forth depending on if I'm exploring or fighting. I think only having 8GB VRAM is the main limiting factor for me.

The lighting is unreal on max settings. The only downside is that it made most other 2023 games looking last gen in the span of a year.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have been holding the steam deck vent to my face some times because the hot air is nice when it's cold like it is now lmao

Orv
May 4, 2011
Please do not partake of the Steam Deck whippits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝
Can't huff my Steam Deck, can't lick my Switch carts, what can anyone do for fun nowadays?