Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Lucy and Sam are doing a podcast: https://x.com/lucyabeaumont/status/1731980073031327984?s=46&t=7Rx75FTpCIHNOOQA_W4LrQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, no thank you.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://twitter.com/darrenbjohn/status/1731980377168691682?t=StYVTIWmt3vATVf-_1DRrg&s=19

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, no thank you.

I think you mean

"Ur, nurhhh thank yer"

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I will listen to at least one episode

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A meeting of the minds. I don't really listen to podcast, so most likely won't listen to it. But I wish them all the best in their new exciting endevour.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I feel like if it's just the two of them it probably won't be very good but if they always have a normal person in as a guest for contrast it could be incredible.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If it wasn't way after the series ended and another CoC wasn't years away, I'd think it was for a task.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBzjHU_zEwM

I'd put the bowling task up there with some of the best ones from the main series.

Also go baby

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Yeah, seconding the new series of Taskmaster Minnesota. My one reservation when recommending season 1 was that the audio was touch-and-go; understandable for an fan-made creation, but often a bit distracting. If that put you off the first season, happy to report that it's a big improvement this time.

The care that's gone into matching the real thing shows from the opening task, and the thought put into selecting and presenting it. The edit gives us our first impressions of the competitors by taking the time to show people's reactions to the doll, combined with the responses to the task that are fairly varied in both concept and level of execution. Plus there are two utter catastrophes which are very funny to watch.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Taskmaster MN has some other fun stuff like shots of the camera guy dying of laughter, tasks edited in the style of other shows, and a speed boat (personally I'm hoping for more boat based tasks).

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

You have to purify yourself in Lake Minnetonka. Your time starts now

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The live episode banter wasn't just a joke after all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wYjJ28WyM

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Paladinus posted:

The live episode banter wasn't just a joke after all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wYjJ28WyM

That might actually be the first time Greg said "Your time starts now."

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress vertically cropped YouTube videos.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Trabant posted:

That might actually be the first time Greg said "Your time starts now."

How often does Alex say it?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Morpheus posted:

How often does Alex say it?

Sometimes the contestants are blindfolded or something so maybe 5 times a season?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
CoCIII is near, but with a surprise....

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1735238208722513959

Sucks for them, but I'll be honest, I'm 100% on board with the substitution.

(edited for terrible pronoun usage)

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 14, 2023

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

As long as Mae is okay then I'm very happy about this change.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Pablo Bluth posted:

Sucks for her, but I'll be honest, I'm 100% on board with the substitution.

:hmmyes:

I wonder why?

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
Seemingly it's because they are in LA and had a scheduling conflict.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

The_Doctor posted:

:hmmyes:

I wonder why?
Mae was one of those contestants who for me fell on the wrong side of competent vs funny. Herring and Ó Briain are two others that come to mind.

But I realise I used the wrong pronoun and you are free and right to poo poo on me for it.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Dec 14, 2023

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2023/12/14/54693/mae_martin_is_out_of_taskmaster%E2%80%99s_champion_of_champions

yeah scheduling conflict. i hope kiell wins because it'd be funny having a champion of champions who wasn't even a champion

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I felt like Dara rode the line successfully, though even still the idea of Sarah Kendall (who even made fun of herself for being too dry at times), Dara, and Mae all in the same CoC had me dreading it a little.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Out of all contestants I have seen, Dara seemed most like a purpose-trained athlete blowing all other contestants out of water. Like a Usain Bolt of Taskmaster.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Dara was very good at one-liners in the studio. In any case, with Morgana, Sophie, and now Kiell it will have more than enough whimsy.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Poor Mae, not being able to participate, but also good on them for building a successful career in the states.

I can't wait to see Kiell, Morgana, and Sophie in the same room.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Got my Taskmaster Christmas Crackers today. It's six crackers in a package, and I thought I would be able to give them out as little individual stocking stuffers, but it turns out they all kinda go together as part of one big game.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Golf Task in TM MN is actually pretty well done.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Kind of feels like CoC is the sort of thing you work around schedules for and wait until everyone's available.

Unless they just said nah don't wait for me which is entirely possible.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

stev posted:

Kind of feels like CoC is the sort of thing you work around schedules for and wait until everyone's available.

Unless they just said nah don't wait for me which is entirely possible.

They do have to work around 7 different celebrity schedules (contestants plus Greg and Alex) plus the crew. It might have been the only window. I feel like from what we know of them the Taskmaster crew are big on accommodating people so I can't imagine it was something they did lightly.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Maybe Mae heard y'all talking smack about them and declined :colbert:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

A friend shared someone hoping that Kiell wins so Ed Gamble loses his mind, and I'm all for it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I reckon Kiell will be extra competitive against the others.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Phigs posted:

They do have to work around 7 different celebrity schedules (contestants plus Greg and Alex) plus the crew. It might have been the only window. I feel like from what we know of them the Taskmaster crew are big on accommodating people so I can't imagine it was something they did lightly.

my only speculation here is that they wanted to avoid a CoC II situation where it took years and years to get the episode out.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The Norwegian Taskmaster Christmas special had a great task. They had 8 minutes to ask yes/no questions from a person dressed as a Santa to determine their identity. Fewest guesses wins.
They didn't have to get it right, winner was the person who asked the fewest questions. The only person who got the identity right went bananas when she realized it.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Posting here because gently caress you, why not.

Fern Brady's doing another tour next year. I missed out on her last one so I'm glad I've managed to actually get tickets this time.

https://fernbradycomedian.com/

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

not a bot posted:

The Norwegian Taskmaster Christmas special had a great task. They had 8 minutes to ask yes/no questions from a person dressed as a Santa to determine their identity. Fewest guesses wins.
They didn't have to get it right, winner was the person who asked the fewest questions. The only person who got the identity right went bananas when she realized it.

Fantastic wording of the task. I love it

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khgUz0xGAJ8&t=1965s

Taskmaster MN S2E2: Parker suggests investing in Something Awful as a way to ruin your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Posting here because gently caress you, why not.

Fern Brady's doing another tour next year. I missed out on her last one so I'm glad I've managed to actually get tickets this time.

https://fernbradycomedian.com/

Would definitely go if there was a show in my area. Guess I'll settle for buying the album if it gets released on her website or bandcamp.