Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Am I going to jail for being a plant eater who enjoys portabella burgers? They are pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
no idea where that's from (and the background is raising some questions) but it reminds me of the infamous "Black Terra Dog" outta some place in Tokyo, the only hotdog that both looks like and sounds like a creepy-rear end optional boss from an old JRPG:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

LvK posted:

no idea where that's from (and the background is raising some questions)
Searching for the obvious ("black hot dog with pink bun") it looks like it's from IKEA Singapore. A promotion (?) they ran through October.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Isn't there one that's licorice flavored?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

LvK posted:

no idea where that's from (and the background is raising some questions) but it reminds me of the infamous "Black Terra Dog" outta some place in Tokyo, the only hotdog that both looks like and sounds like a creepy-rear end optional boss from an old JRPG:

is it made from that all black species of chicken?

e: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayam_Cemani

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Upsidads posted:

Am I going to jail for being a plant eater who enjoys portabella burgers? They are pretty good

I've been curious about these.

I recently had to give up dairy entirely and I've found out that it wasn't really burgers I liked, it was cheeseburgers.

I know a real good burger doesn't need cheese, but like... sometimes you don't got time for a real good one, sometimes you need cheap trash. I lament the cheap burg.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

DicktheCat posted:

I recently had to give up dairy entirely and I've found out that it wasn't really burgers I liked, it was cheeseburgers.

I know a real good burger doesn't need cheese, but like... sometimes you don't got time for a real good one, sometimes you need cheap trash. I lament the cheap burg.
I recently got the White Castle version of pizza rolls, but they only had the regular hamburger version. Thankfully I have some Kraft singles, which make the experience a solid "okay" with some burger sauce.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

DicktheCat posted:

https://youtu.be/ZnF1HB2SQ40?si=QC_IiLQm5r_nFV3R

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Chickens of color.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

The chickens play rugby?

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Upsidads posted:

Portabella "burgs" are mighty tasty when done right.

I swear, vegetarianism/veganism is hurt by it's marketing of "YOU CAN'T HAVE MEAT" instead of "Look at these things that don't have meat!" Looking at you, Tofurky.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Mushrooms are good and have a p good texture for a meat replacement imo. Also not as horrible for you as those bean patties often are.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
How much more expensive is squid ink compared to price-gouged activated charcoal? Every fad riding place uses medication-loving charcoal when squid ink has been used to make sauces black for hundreds of years.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Activated charcoal has the added benefits of making medications not work right and loving with pregnancy

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1734244565895217348

Possibly some sort of geoduck-esque situation going on here

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Talk to your doctor about Peyronie's disease.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Witness finnish food science: the double dog!

...so, of course, netizens had to take the idea to the logical extreme:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
And they still won't ship them to Ukraine for anti air capabilities

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

What the gently caress how are the condiments on the inside

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Johnny Truant posted:

A machine toasts the bun inside and out, then it is filled with condiments and stuffed with dogs

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrm6WKrhWv8

:dafuq:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

...so, of course, netizens had to take the idea to the logical extreme:

Is that Aura?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is that Aura?

If you take some ibproufen and lie in a dark room it should clear up.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is that Aura?

Yes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:barf:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I got a burger for lunch today that had a problem I've never run into before - the lettuce and tomatoes were partly frozen. It really cooled down the burger patty. It made me think, maybe they should serve it with the ingredients separated, you could keep the hot things hot and the cold things cold.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

I got a burger for lunch today that had a problem I've never run into before - the lettuce and tomatoes were partly frozen. It really cooled down the burger patty. It made me think, maybe they should serve it with the ingredients separated, you could keep the hot things hot and the cold things cold.

You got it. One ice-cold slice of cheese coming up!

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

DicktheCat posted:

Try out an Oklahoma Onion Burger sometime. Cheese is nice on it but not entirely necessary

https://www.seriouseats.com/oklahoma-onion-burger-recipe

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Captain Hygiene posted:

Isn't that literally the failed McDLT?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:thejoke:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Dokapon Findom posted:

You got it. One ice-cold slice of cheese coming up!

May as well expound upon this for those unaware that the cheese slice for the McDLT was served in the cold side of the package with the lettuce and tomato rather than the hot patty side :geno:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

May as well expound upon this for those unaware that the cheese slice for the McDLT was served in the cold side of the package with the lettuce and tomato rather than the hot patty side :geno:

No....no!! :negative:

I was going for the McDLT reference but I thought the cheese was on the hot side, I totally bought that as a joke about doing it an even worse way.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I had never heard of the McDLT before lol, what an amazing concept

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Johnny Truant posted:

On top of being a beef cheeseburger with double the amount of packaging that is typical, that kind of styrofoam specifically was made with ozone-depleting CFCs. It is probably the most environmentally unfriendly product ever designed

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Johnny Truant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac

Pennywise the Frown posted:

How did it 'fail'? it was around from 1985 until whenever it was in the 90s that they stopped using styrofoam packaging, since the packaging was the whole gimmick.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Indeed it was the McLean Deluxe that failed

Because there was a news story about it being made with SEAWEED and people freaked out

Ahead of its time

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The_Franz posted:

How did it 'fail'? it was around from 1985 until whenever it was in the 90s that they stopped using styrofoam packaging, since the packaging was the whole gimmick.

So it, by definition, failed. Even if it was just the packaging. edit: i'm just being pedantic

maybeadracula posted:

Indeed it was the McLean Deluxe that failed

Because there was a news story about it being made with SEAWEED and people freaked out

Ahead of its time

Woah, never heard of that one. I loved the Arch Deluxe because it was advertised as being an adult burger and I was like 15.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 14, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

25oz for a 10 pack whenever that video was made.

Today, its 13.5oz for a 10 pack.

Fuckers.

Edit: oop looks like 15oz

Philthy fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Anyone remember 20oz sodas?

Aren't they all like 16.9oz now? And a higher price. Maybe that's water bottles. I don't know.