Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

FYI The Sound of Vinyl is having a flat 30% sale. Grabbed a couple things that I was waiting for a sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."

Turbinosamente posted:

gently caress. Do you guys bother to fight for a return when a brand new record is slightly scratched? It plays but there are pops in a couple of songs.
gently caress yes. You wouldn't pay full price for anything else that was damaged; why would an LP be any different?

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

bagina posted:

FYI The Sound of Vinyl is having a flat 30% sale. Grabbed a couple things that I was waiting for a sale.

Thanks for the heads up. Found a nice xmas gift as well as a couple records I've been wanting to pick up and are now justifiable with the discount.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

bagina posted:

They still haven't shipped my "free" Eddie Veddar Ukulele Songs yet. :(

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Pretzellogic posted:

gently caress yes. You wouldn't pay full price for anything else that was damaged; why would an LP be any different?

The popping landed in mostly tolerable spots, and I'm too used to putting up with it on used records. My request is in, I don't expect to hear anything until Monday at the earliest though.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Talking about sales: https://www.emburree.com/

Scam?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Absofuckinglutely.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

bagina posted:

Thanks for this. I've been waiting to find Herbie Hancock's The New Standard for under $30. Also grabbed Liquid Swords to get me to the $50 free shipping threshold.

:cawg:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Shiftypenguin posted:

They still haven't shipped my "free" Eddie Veddar Ukulele Songs yet. :(

I got half of my first free albums, the second order of free albums today, but they still haven’t shipped the second half of the first order yet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was a couple weeks too late to get Hatful of Hollow at my local place. :( But these are my faves of the Smiths too.

Plus a reissue of Exciters debut and a used copy of Priests Screaming for Vengeance.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Been doing a Gizzmas advent thing where you listen to all 25 KGLW albums leading up to Christmas. My wife, seeing this, caved and gave me one of my gifts early, a Vylumi LED backlight record display. It's pretty sick

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I received this in the mail today. It's a fun listen so far. It reminds me a bit of Plantasia in a way, it's playful.

Anadol - Uzun Havalar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gLazuL66VI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh6JfBj2kSU

I'm seeing Bear Vs Shark for the 20th anniversary celebration (😓) of Right Now, You're In The Best Of Hands... in Detroit on Saturday and I'm hoping they'll have some records at the merch booth.

CaptainBeefart fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 8, 2023

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

CaptainBeefart posted:

I'm seeing Bear Vs Shark show for the 20th anniversary celebration (😓) of Right Now, You're In The Best Of Hands... in Detroit on Saturday and I'm hoping they'll have some records at the merch booth.

ah poo poo why didn't I know about this, I'd kill for a copy of Terrorhawk. Would have loved to make it to that show, i'm like 15 minutes away, but pretty broke atm, plus some other issues. Have a great time!!

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

RubberLuffy posted:

ah poo poo why didn't I know about this, I'd kill for a copy of Terrorhawk. Would have loved to make it to that show, i'm like 15 minutes away, but pretty broke atm, plus some other issues. Have a great time!!

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it. I never thought I'd be able to see them live.

I am shocked that there are still tickets available according to the site, a few years ago their tickets sold out quick.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Enos Cabell posted:

Been doing a Gizzmas advent thing where you listen to all 25 KGLW albums leading up to Christmas. My wife, seeing this, caved and gave me one of my gifts early, a Vylumi LED backlight record display. It's pretty sick

Nice, that's a sweet look.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Enos Cabell posted:

Is this Murder of the Universe?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Heath posted:

Is this Murder of the Universe?

alien warp drive variant of Nonagon Infinity

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I have the "vomit splatter" variant of MotU that has a similar look but it's puke green with peas and carrots splatter and it kicks rear end

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

IUG posted:

I got half of my first free albums, the second order of free albums today, but they still haven’t shipped the second half of the first order yet.

I just got an email from them about production delays on my order, so your's is probably in the same boat.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Armand Hammer just repressed "Shrines" get it while you can

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Enos Cabell posted:

Thats pretty rad. Surprised there aren't LED slipmats.

Oh yeah. That time of the month. New vinyl mix is up... well... I kinda cheated. The intro is from youtube. But the rest is from my stacks. Is it just me or is this Glyders riff straight up Deep Purple's Woman from Tokyo?

https://www.mixcloud.com/Radio_RapTz/moss-appeal-51-ft-pete-moss/

quote:

Fraternity of Man - Don't Bogart Me
Billy Swan - Don't Be Cruel
Josef Von Wissem et SQÜRL - Streets of Tangeir
Neil Young - Tonight's the Night
Tom Waits - Hang on St Christopher
Ben Von Wildenhaus II - Easy Opium
Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg - Jane B
The Pro-Teens - No One Understands Me (I'm OG)
Cookin' on 3 Burners - Feel Good Inc.
Quakers feat. Samba the Great - Approach with Caution
The Flaming Lips - Little Hands (rough mix)
Golden Boots - Evil Eye
Sweeping Promises - An Appetite
Glyders - High Time
T Rex - 20th Century Boy
Ten Years After - Stoned Woman
Air - Twelve O'clock Satanial

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

sporklift posted:

Oh yeah. That time of the month. New vinyl mix is up... well... I kinda cheated. The intro is from youtube.

You've changed, man

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

pwn posted:

You've changed, man

:ssh: All Digital Rip Edition https://www.mixcloud.com/Radio_RapTz/moss-appeal-48-w-pete-moss/ :ssh:

Haha. I actually want to put more samples from movies and tv in my mixes but of course that destroys the purity.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Since this is the official Sleepytime Gorilla Museum thread, I get to announce I got tickets for March and I am excited to see how old they look. I think probably 20 years since the last time I saw them.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

BigFactory posted:

Since this is the official Sleepytime Gorilla Museum thread, I get to announce I got tickets for March and I am excited to see how old they look. I think probably 20 years since the last time I saw them.

Big Ears?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Nope seeing them on their own, but that’s like the one festival where I feel like I know more of the acts than I don’t. I don’t know what that says.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Yeah, it's an age thing.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'd love to hit Big Ears if only for SGM, Fred Frith and Laurie Anderson sharing a bill.

BigFactory posted:

That's just me being a goober, but I'm happy to see other people pipe up whenever I post about 'em.

Got tickets to Portland and Seattle and dragging the more adventurous friends to 'em. :unsmigghh:

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

sporklift posted:

:ssh: All Digital Rip Edition https://www.mixcloud.com/Radio_RapTz/moss-appeal-48-w-pete-moss/ :ssh:

Haha. I actually want to put more samples from movies and tv in my mixes but of course that destroys the purity.

Rip the samples into a VHS or audio cassette to regain purity.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I have neither a tape deck or a VCR. I have brought shame on the analogue community.

Has anyone received their LITA orders from that last sale? Were the records warped?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

sporklift posted:

Has anyone received their LITA orders from that last sale? Were the records warped?

I did and yeah, both were slightly warped.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

My Black Friday order from LitA showed up after sitting in a distribution center for like a week.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

So is this is a significant warp? (Retorical question)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/t4j13kugw4fbq7z6w35sz/VID_20231206_165805356.mp4?rlkey=sx9ppbxag3yrpkpmfgril1bsv&dl=0

I dunno. They are adamant about sales being final but watching my tone arm dance like this bums me out a bit. I have sent them a video but we will see what they say.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

that's a candy dish

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I really don't feel well but i did get a lot of cool stuff this week and I managed to get some photos yesterday before the sunlight went away.

First, on Monday, I got my new Vault. Triple disc live in Vegas WS with a bonus single, a pair of art prints, bumper sticker, patch, and it all came laid out so it's ready to be photographed for social media upon opening

$75 please. Oh well! It's a nice set and I'll play it once (and rip it at the same time) then throw it on The Pile.

On Tuesday, I received a very special gift from our resident Herb Alpert superfan Turbinosamente! She gave me a Captured Tracks anniversary sampler from 2018 but oh there was some extra...

I do not know what this record is but I am actually more excited to play it than the WS discs. I wanna win mystery bucks!!

It is literally impossible to get out of Record Archives without a Herb Alpert record. Facts.

And this... this is a sweet art piece... and I suspect it may have been made by another goon in 2021??

I am glad to be the new Keeper of the Chrysanthemum Cards. Thank you Ms. Samente, you've warmed my failing heart this uncommonly-balmy December day :unsmith:

And finally, a gift from my mum, who knows this year's perfect gift when she sees it.

Yes I asked for it. Because I have spent all my money on gifts for others (mainly pecans and Calvin and Hobbes books).

Except for the live album, none of the CDs have booklets, just card insert covers. Besides the new album, which is exclusive to this set, I would imagine they all originally had booklets. This long tall booklet contains copious photos, lyrics, and writings, which I suspect largely covers the contents of the original releases. It would still be nice if the CDs had booklets but I'm not losing sleep over it.

What we also get is this giant fukken Bass Pro Shop/Ducks Unlimited leaflet, which is a quad-fold, and frankly is both lol and lmao. Moving on.

CDs are secured in their plastic nest.

I swear, these covers... besides the live CD, these look like the fake CDs you'd see in a movie or a photoshop or whatever to show, like, a bunch of new Garth Brooks albums. I wonder if they will ever be released on vinyl. Perhaps the HOTTEST gift of Christmas 2034?

Thanks for looking at all this! I'm going to be balls-deep in making other people's gifts for the next week or so. I doubt they would appreciate their nuts' proximity to my nuts, but them's the breaks.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
I got a mysterious shipping notification from a media company that I didn't recognize. Straight from UPS, not from any shop I've ordered from. It could be anything! Maybe it's a Christmas gift. gently caress if I know! Surprise! It's a new vinyl! It was in a vinyl box, so obviously. The actual shipper on the box said UMG, not the obscure ungooglable company that the UPS shipping notification said.

It stil, could be anything! UMG does all the things. I've preordered so much, who knows what's coming? It is a mystery!

It gets weirder. It was a white, unprinted, record sleeve. What the gently caress?

Turns out it was the reprint of the clean version of Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace, from earlier in the year. Someone hosed up, and pressed the clean version of this album and sent it to preorders on the official Offspring store. They were nice enough to "fix" the problem, by sending buyers the proper explicit version. Which is great, but.... this is how it came and it's kind of hilarious to me.

On one hand, great! I got my explit album. On the other hand, what do I do with an empty vinyl sleeve? Do I keep the clean version in it's original packaging? Do I swap the records? I don't know yet. But it amuses me none the less.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I like to just do a crude sharpie copy of the cover

close enough

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I like to just do a crude sharpie copy of the cover

close enough

That self portrait is pretty good

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

pwn posted:

I really don't feel well but i did get a lot of cool stuff this week and I managed to get some photos yesterday before the sunlight went away.

First, on Monday, I got my new Vault. Triple disc live in Vegas WS with a bonus single, a pair of art prints, bumper sticker, patch, and it all came laid out so it's ready to be photographed for social media upon opening

$75 please. Oh well! It's a nice set and I'll play it once (and rip it at the same time) then throw it on The Pile.

On Tuesday, I received a very special gift from our resident Herb Alpert superfan Turbinosamente! She gave me a Captured Tracks anniversary sampler from 2018 but oh there was some extra...

I do not know what this record is but I am actually more excited to play it than the WS discs. I wanna win mystery bucks!!

It is literally impossible to get out of Record Archives without a Herb Alpert record. Facts.

And this... this is a sweet art piece... and I suspect it may have been made by another goon in 2021??

I am glad to be the new Keeper of the Chrysanthemum Cards. Thank you Ms. Samente, you've warmed my failing heart this uncommonly-balmy December day :unsmith:

And finally, a gift from my mum, who knows this year's perfect gift when she sees it.

Yes I asked for it. Because I have spent all my money on gifts for others (mainly pecans and Calvin and Hobbes books).

Except for the live album, none of the CDs have booklets, just card insert covers. Besides the new album, which is exclusive to this set, I would imagine they all originally had booklets. This long tall booklet contains copious photos, lyrics, and writings, which I suspect largely covers the contents of the original releases. It would still be nice if the CDs had booklets but I'm not losing sleep over it.

What we also get is this giant fukken Bass Pro Shop/Ducks Unlimited leaflet, which is a quad-fold, and frankly is both lol and lmao. Moving on.

CDs are secured in their plastic nest.

I swear, these covers... besides the live CD, these look like the fake CDs you'd see in a movie or a photoshop or whatever to show, like, a bunch of new Garth Brooks albums. I wonder if they will ever be released on vinyl. Perhaps the HOTTEST gift of Christmas 2034?

Thanks for looking at all this! I'm going to be balls-deep in making other people's gifts for the next week or so. I doubt they would appreciate their nuts' proximity to my nuts, but them's the breaks.

haha have you tried the qr codes on that art piece?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

went to file some stuff and to find something to put something on while I clean the bathroom and found that I have bought a whole bunch of records lately:

(perilously close to owning the complete run of diarrhea planet LPs in a single shopping trip, sadly neither of them have ghost with a boner, which is some kind of garage rock miracle. i'll have to buy the EP it's on at some point)

(from the free-except-for-ten-bucks-shipping sale - I'm still missing one record I ordered in that bunch, but it also hasn't shipped, so I assume it'll pop up at random in a month or three, or it'll get cancelled eventually. if it goes to spring, then I'll email and yell at them)

(the one with the difficult-to-read blackletter logo is one I picked up just based on the cover. turns out it's a Louisiana noise/drone act called Weather Warlock, formed around the titular device: an analog synth that plays drones and tones based on input from sensors checking atmospheric conditions. pretty good stuff if you like drone)

(volumes 1 & 2)