Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

This is what it's like playing the VK 45.02 B right now:

Me? I'm just shooting HE from my Strv 103B.

I had a platoon of a Jagdpanzer E100 and Strv 103B neither of whom left A1 all game and both of whom fired HE. We won the game but it's nice to have your two T10 TDs do a combined 340 damage. Both 43% shitters. I don't even know how long it takes to get to T10 playing that bad.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I had a platoon of a Jagdpanzer E100 and Strv 103B neither of whom left A1 all game and both of whom fired HE. We won the game but it's nice to have your two T10 TDs do a combined 340 damage. Both 43% shitters. I don't even know how long it takes to get to T10 playing that bad.

Not all that long if you just sit at the redline with your work laptop open all day

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I had enough blueprints / exp to get a super conqueror but the game servers shut before i could play it. Tell me it's not poo poo now. My tier 9 50tp seems Still Good and I'm close to the tier X. Also what is the current must have tier 8 prem?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Sure the Sconq is the king of the hill. Don't venture out on flat lands though unless the game is already over.

You can buy a Skorp for 30€ if you get an Amazon Prime trial and choose it as your rental. I don't think it shows up on the website store otherwise.
Check the weekly? xmas gold deal in the ingame store, last week there was the Obj 703 for 10k on offer.

The must-haves are not really obtainable year-round, gotta scavenge hunt like that :smith:
It's still the usual superman heavies from the recent years' boxes (Skoda T56, 703, the accursed BZ 176) and the op marathon meds (Prog & Bourr)
And ofc the TDs, Skorp for speed and SU-130 for camo.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 12, 2023

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Fat Jesus posted:

I had enough blueprints / exp to get a super conqueror but the game servers shut before i could play it. Tell me it's not poo poo now. My tier 9 50tp seems Still Good and I'm close to the tier X. Also what is the current must have tier 8 prem?

1) Super Conqueror is far from poo poo. It's still very, very good.
2) Currently it's either the BZ-176 or the Škoda T 56.
  • The Bozo is a one-trick-pony but it excels at performing that trick. it's also not on sale at the moment because even WG have had to sit up and acknowledge just how loving toxic that thing is. Even the absolute dumbest gently caress can rack up obscene amounts of damage using one. I wouldn't count on this being available any time soon, unless it's part of some ridiculously expensive bundle, much like the Pz. II J and Pz. IV Hydro have been ion the past. It'll just be even more expensive.
  • The Škoda T 56 is also not on sale, but this is because it's stupidly powerful in the right hands rather than being toxic, and WG knows that they can (and will) rake in a small fortune by lumping this one in some stupid bundle -- I expect it to show up soon after this Christmas event.

Other options include the usual suspects, such as the Skorpion, IS-3A, Object 703-II, Progetto 46, Bourrasque, etc.. Stuff like the TS-5, E 75 TS, SU-130PM and Bisonte 45 are also highly capable.

The catch being that none of these are (AFAIK) currently on sale either!*

*No, I didn't bother checking :v:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Bisonte is actually on sale for gold right now, and the Object 703-II was on sale last week. Might still be?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The Bisonte replaced the 703 offer. Might be worth a look if you have gold to spend.
Here is a German video on it from yesterday, the auto translate is really good actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XbjRe8o748

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Skill also has Bisonte videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLcDvZwfWaM

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
If they sell the TS-5 again I would suggest getting it if you can. It is a fantastic tank, and if you have teammates around you it's a great spearhead to break enemies out of their camping spots.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

if you have teammates around you

All my teammates have brain damage.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

If they sell the TS-5 again I would suggest getting it if you can. It is a fantastic tank, and if you have teammates around you it's a great spearhead to break enemies out of their camping spots.

Yeah it's "what if the T28 was even better and premium", and that's a pretty sweet deal.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah it's "what if the T28 was even better and premium", and that's a pretty sweet deal.

100% this. I love that thing

McGavin posted:

All my teammates have brain damage.

I would blame the time of the year, but we both know it's always bad :smith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

100% this. I love that thing

Yep, one of my favourite tanks.

It also has an incredible 3D skin:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I believe this is what's known a "carry".

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Unsurprisingly I got nothing of note out of the free large box. But 250 gold is still great for being totally free.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i've become enlightened. rather than try and improve at the game I am going to play hosed up tech tree tanks and be a low tier terror. nothing by Pz IIs, T6 Medium, and Leopard from now on

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i've become enlightened. rather than try and improve at the game I am going to play hosed up tech tree tanks and be a low tier terror. nothing by Pz IIs, T6 Medium, and Leopard from now on

Leopard light tank is pretty neat tho.

Same with the Luchs.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/fi4mVPQ.mp4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I got fed up with the 53tp and made a blueprint to skip about 50% of the grind. That thing was loving miserable. You don't have the armour to block any shots from anything, but you also don't have the accuracy to shoot at anything from distance. It's OK in games where your team is pushing hard and winning, and you can tag along to take sneaky shots at enemies before they blow up, but it feels like it has zero carry capability. So I said gently caress it.

Now, is the 50tp bearable as stock, or should I free XP some components to make it not make me want to die? I assume I want the bigger alpha gun in any case and to be a frontline heavy?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Here is a replay of a game I had in the VK 45.02 B. Watch it all the way to the end.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I got fed up with the 53tp and made a blueprint to skip about 50% of the grind. That thing was loving miserable. You don't have the armour to block any shots from anything, but you also don't have the accuracy to shoot at anything from distance. It's OK in games where your team is pushing hard and winning, and you can tag along to take sneaky shots at enemies before they blow up, but it feels like it has zero carry capability. So I said gently caress it.

Now, is the 50tp bearable as stock, or should I free XP some components to make it not make me want to die? I assume I want the bigger alpha gun in any case and to be a frontline heavy?

Yeah both Polish techtree tier 8s are hilariously awful.
The 50TP uh a hulldown tank with only 8° of gun :sad: but a big ol 560 alpha slapper.
Better pray whoever you fight doesn't know about the drivers box thing weakspot.
I dunno what you mean by frontline heavy otherwise. If your frontline has cover for the lower plate and something to hide the driver side of the hull, sure I guess.

e; this is you now. Yeah the Maus line was dumb and I deleted it :shobon:

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 17, 2023

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Maus isn't even a front line heavy anymore. I demonstrate that exceptionally clearly in the replay in my previous post.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
This game is silly sometimes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nA99IMEnZ4

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

When you're playing German heavies you either get Ace Tanker or last place. There is nothing in between.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sauer kraut posted:

I dunno what you mean by frontline heavy otherwise. If your frontline has cover for the lower plate and something to hide the driver side of the hull, sure I guess.

What I mean is it's not a heavy that should sit back and snipe and should instead be up front pushing. I'm not saying to yolo into the enemy or anything, but it seems like with this thing's accuracy it shouldn't be too far back from the action.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I probably shouldn't be sharing this, because I've never seen anyone else using it, but here is an excellent sniper position on Sand River and how to play it.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

McGavin posted:

I probably shouldn't be sharing this, because I've never seen anyone else using it, but here is an excellent sniper position on Sand River and how to play it.

That was a nice spot, I'm gonna give it a shot next time I'm on non-assault td there.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

Beautiful work.

The T9 waffen doesn't get talked about enough. That thing is is a monster when left alone.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

The T9 waffen doesn't get talked about enough. That thing is is a monster when left alone.

You gotta do everything backwards though. Zero gun depression over the front.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Here's a good round I had, albeit on a loss:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/6687483?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

The only thing of note is the 3 on 1 I got into (after about the 7:00 mark.) I'm extremely rusty at the game, but I'm still having flashes of competence. :toot:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

When you go screaming down the railway on Widepark in your Pudel and the entire enemy team just freezes up and shits their pants as you carve your way through their low-tier "base defence", exposing their flank as easily as you'd open a packet of soft cheese.

:cabot:

(Sidenote: I loving hate Widepark and made said railway charge out of spite just to get explodinated ASAP, but instead slapped the loving poo poo out of everything in my way.)

Edit:
Jeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaasus the Tier VIII Spaghetti TD blows all sorts of rear end and balls and generally loving sucks all manner of chodes. Seven (7) seconds intraclip? Motherfucker. Hit some bastard once for a bounce and they just hide before you can even think about lobbing a second shot. Turns like a boat, misses from any range farther than "point blank" and even when I go play with the heavies to use the so-called armour I just get loving slammed by some oxygen thief two tiers higher than me, sneezing full gold at anything and everything to make up for his loving 45% WR.

God I loving hate this POS.

The Chi-To SP however is :discourse:

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 18, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaasus the Tier VIII Spaghetti TD blows all sorts of rear end and balls and generally loving sucks all manner of chodes. Seven (7) seconds intraclip? Motherfucker. Hit some bastard once for a bounce and they just hide before you can even think about lobbing a second shot. Turns like a boat, misses from any range farther than "point blank" and even when I go play with the heavies to use the so-called armour I just get loving slammed by some oxygen thief two tiers higher than me, sneezing full gold at anything and everything to make up for his loving 45% WR.

Once you get the 120mm gun, you can just play it like an assault gun. You're right that you can't snipe with the thing, and the intra-clip is a bit of a bummer, but neither of those things are gonna change with the T9 or T10. This is your life now.

But once you get into the swing of things, it is a really good and fun assault TD.

You do need to fire a good deal of gold though, because as you point out, with a 7 second intraclip you don't want to miss too many shots.

E: and obviously with such a long intraclip the danger of autoloader syndrome is even higher than normally. Unless you can just unload into some guy from behind, you shouldn't really think of the Italian TDs as autoloaders and you need to be very careful with sitting out in the open to take more than one shot at the same target. Like if it's only some guy with a long reload time who already shot, then feel free to take another shot, but otherwise you should really think of yourself as a tank with a fairly quick normal reload, with the occasional longer reload and play accordingly.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Dec 18, 2023

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Oh wow, after casually playing daily victories for 122 battles in Defender I reached first MoE. My win% in that duration: 38% :v:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The "glacially slow intraclip but kind of quick clip reload" gimmick in Italian TDs is so lovely. You get the worst aspects of both cyclical guns (slow rof) and autoloaders (full clip reloads, worse accuracy) with none of the upsides of either. They could have at least tried to do something more interesting, like speeding up the intraclip the fewer shells remain to incentivise fully committing to a magdump.

Picture the CC Mk2 with intraclip of, say, 8/6/4 instead of 8/8/8. Do you shoot your first two into the ether to prep for a one-two trade when you make it to the front line? Do you carefully poke and treat your first two as single trades before going all-in on your last two with a mere 4 sec intraclip? Etc.

Anyway, Ensk is the high-tier equivalent of Widepark - it's a total clusterfuck shitshow that should not exist above T7. I have legitimately considered disabling both alternate game modes specifically because WG counts them as different maps and I can't ban all three versions of that garbage map without paying for W+.

Edit:
Wow that's even worse than I thought/remember. Guess I'll disable both modes before this evening's hour-of-play.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 18, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah it's kinda weird that the Italian mediums and heavies have auto-reloaders, but the Italian TDs have autoloaders. It feels like maybe they tested them internally with auto-reloaders but figured that was too much.

Also rage quit the game today. RNG gave be an hour's streak of the most braindead teams and just a constant streak of three minute 1-15s and that was enough for me. Not saying this as some weird "I'm better than these shitlords" brag, but just a sad statement of fact. I'm incredibly stressed from work and just want to relax by shooting some pixel tanks, but it's kinda hard when the game's such a loving poo poo show.

Times like this I really wish there was some kind of half decent PVE mode in the game so I could just see some turrets fly.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 18, 2023

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

sushibandit posted:

Anyway, Ensk is the high-tier equivalent of Widepark - it's a total clusterfuck shitshow that should not exist above T7. I have legitimately considered disabling both alternate game modes specifically because WG counts them as different maps and I can't ban all three versions of that garbage map without paying for W+.

You can't ban Encounter or Assault maps at all without disabling the game mode.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Italian TDs are very weird. They are one of those "when it works, it Work" kind of tanks.

Yesterday was one of those days where I got super lucky and the enemies just didn't know how to deal with me. Constant aggression in these things scare the poo poo out of pubbies.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
There are few sights more bolstering to one's ego and mood in this game than pushing on someone and seeing the "I'm making GBS threads myself" hull and turret shake as they back up.

"Oh poo poo, this guy isn't afraid to take a hit!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

There are few sights more bolstering to one's ego and mood in this game than pushing on someone and seeing the "I'm making GBS threads myself" hull and turret shake as they back up.

"Oh poo poo, this guy isn't afraid to take a hit!"

It's magical every time :allears:.

Idk what tree I want to work towards. I want to continue with that Japanese heavies, but after the T7 it seems like the T8 is going to be a pain in the rear end :smith:. Also the T7 is godly for its tier.