Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Is this payback for dropping the Pepsi bottle and making him kick the pole or is this a different couple

Also please don't crush my dreams lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I assume they were trying to get that "I'm standing in a snowstorm" photo that is popular on the internet. You shake the tree to knock snow out, but the tree wasn't cooperating

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Biplane posted:

Turn off your monitor

You loving idiot

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

jeebus bob posted:

You loving idiot

Turn on your monitor

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Biplane posted:

Turn off your monitor

No

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wait.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The Tesla Tsundere will be the best selling vehicle of all time.

It will complain the whole time but when you reach your destination say "Please drive me some more"

Don't we have enough people falling in love with their cars?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Biplane posted:

Turn on your monitor

:thejoke:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm sorry you didn't understand the joke

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Byzantine posted:

Don't we have enough people falling in love with their cars?

I will curse you for the cursed images my tortured mind created involuntary imagining a way for japanese carmakers to make a shitton of money

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/t0pgXr3.mp4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/TheWapplehouse/status/1734989837101371580

Content: Some fuckface thinks he's going to own people with FACTS and LOGIC by giving them a false binary question. Too bad for him he asks someone who isn't a dumbass and refuses to play ball.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

holtemon posted:

Is this payback for dropping the Pepsi bottle and making him kick the pole or is this a different couple

Also please don't crush my dreams lol

What's really funny is that he looks like he's running away in the final frames

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

steinrokkan posted:

All cars should be yelling at you and insulting you incessantly while you are driving

The Onion was very prescient:
https://www.theonion.com/new-anger-powered-cars-may-revolutionize-the-way-we-dri-1819567241

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PurpleXVI posted:

Content: Some fuckface thinks he's going to own people with FACTS and LOGIC by giving them a false binary question. Too bad for him he asks someone who isn't a dumbass and refuses to play ball.

:laffo: and also :lol: at attempting to pull a last-second save by switching to gender inclusivity after being rejected over and over, as if the specific woke lib topic was the reason he's bombing

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
How in the hell are those topics even related? What a loving moron.

Rhetorical, please don't respond.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Man Punched in face and kicked in the nuts posted:

Do you think I should be punched in the face or kicked in the nuts?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

How in the hell are those topics even related? What a loving moron.

Rhetorical, please don't respond.

Too bad

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Does your mom know you eat dolls made of cat turds yes or no

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

credburn posted:

Does your mom know you eat dolls made of cat turds yes or no
No I'm not an idiot, I do it in private

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CainFortea posted:

Or we just stop trying to get cars to handle the driving part for us.
Yeah, we have something for that already and it's called Enriques.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

PurpleXVI posted:

You dropped this, King 👑

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

PurpleXVI posted:

Real life Eugene

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Its such a simple yet brilliant way to shut down conservative arguments as most seem to hinge on bullshit hypothetical futures that youre supposed to argue against.

Just "No, gently caress off"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Is there something with the shutter rate on the camera, or do the lights on the cybertruck pulse like that in real life?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

CzarChasm posted:

Is there something with the shutter rate on the camera, or do the lights on the cybertruck pulse like that in real life?

While I do cherish any moment to make fun of Musk’s Folly, it’s the former.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CzarChasm posted:

LED lights aren't just...on all the time. They turn on and off very quickly. This sometimes synchs up with the camera speed.

There are methods of light design that can mitigate this a bunch, but they cost more money and you have to have competent designers.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

LED lights flicker at a rate high enough not to bother most people. Some notice the flicker in the corner of their eye and it's pretty annoying. The LEDs blink so they can have a higher brightness without overheating.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

LED lights flicker at a rate high enough not to bother most people. Some notice the flicker in the corner of their eye and it's pretty annoying. The LEDs blink so they can have a higher brightness without overheating.

Also because, for a given wattage, the perceptual brightness is higher for a flickering light than a steady one.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tunicate posted:

Also because, for a given wattage, the perceptual brightness is higher for a flickering light than a steady one.

This is the first time i've heard that, and honestly it sounds a lot like something made up.

I've set up PWM circuits for LEDs probably over a hundred times and i've never noticed any brightness increase at a 95% duty cycle than an LED that's just full on.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tunicate posted:

Not calling you out on this but it still sounds like it should be bullshit. Pretty hosed up thing for reality to pull on us.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/5v9tWly.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/DuYZgKf.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/aj1l2kk.mp4

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CainFortea posted:

This is the first time i've heard that, and honestly it sounds a lot like something made up.

I've set up PWM circuits for LEDs probably over a hundred times and i've never noticed any brightness increase at a 95% duty cycle than an LED that's just full on.

I did a quick google and there does appear to be some stuff that backs it up. Didn't look very deep though.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think it makes sense, think of a camera flash being very brief but very bright. Our brain ignores the darkness in between strobes and just sort of fills in the pieces. You'd lose some detail, especially on things that are moving relative to you, but again our brain is just going to either fill in or ignore that anyway.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

That's the prime stuff, good god

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's called the Broca-Sulzer effect and, while it is weirdly nonlinear with different frequencies and light intensities, has a noticable impact at 60-100 hz

https://www.scirp.org/html/10-1190195_28940.htm

CainFortea posted:

You'd need to hold the average power constant, so 10x brightness at a 10% duty cycle (for instance) would be brighter than continuously on at 1x.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 19:17 on Dec 14, 2023

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Pwm sux constant current 4lyfe.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

penis-width modulation owns, sometimes you’re just in the mood to have a chode

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Great then that it's there for you for the duration you need it, and otherwise not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

Tunicate posted:

You'd need to hold the average power constant, so 10x brightness at a 10% duty cycle (for instance) would be brighter than continuously on at 1x.

You can also drive an LED with PWM past it's continuous current rating to get more light with less power on average because luminous intensity isn't linear with current.