Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

idonotlikepeas posted:

David Horsey

There used to be an old, conservative gentleman who lived just around the block from me. He would drive by my house now and then in his big pickup truck and, if I happened to be outside, he would harangue me about my political cartoons. The man had a sense of humor about it, though, and, when I did not respond with anger, but with a laugh and a smile, we always parted amicably. We were not exactly friends, but we got along, and we were certainly not enemies.

I can't get over this. You're so loving stupid Horsey. How bout you try rolling past his house to "harangue" him and see just how "not enemies" you really are. You loving took abuse like a lib cuck and that's why it never got out of hand. Guaranteed if you stood up for yourself, he'd go grab a gun. Get hosed with this "if we just rollover and accept abuse, then we can all get along"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Horsey is also a white, straight, male boomer himself. I wonder how well this conservative gentleman would have treated him if any of those things weren't true.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
I like how he complains about how mean people are to conservatives living in the state, while in the comic drawing trumpers making rude gestures to (presumably liberal) people minding their own business.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

This is one loving weird support group.

Carlos Latuff

Dave Whamond

Amjad Rasmi

David Horsey

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pedro X. Molina

Kellies nomination: Best Overall

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

snortin' the trunk, all the cool kids do it

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 14, 2023

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

What the absolute gently caress is this? There's no punchline, or context, or anything. Just "here's some racist caricatures I invented, plus a liberal strawman".

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

rydiafan posted:

What the absolute gently caress is this? There's no punchline, or context, or anything. Just "here's some racist caricatures I invented, plus a liberal strawman".

That is pretty much every Ed Gamble cartoon ever.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tom the Dancing Bug by Ruben Bolling

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

IPlayVideoGames posted:

I like how he complains about how mean people are to conservatives living in the state, while in the comic drawing trumpers making rude gestures to (presumably liberal) people minding their own business.
They were visibly being minorities!! These things are equivalent.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Tom Stiglich

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
famous dictator obama who famously refused to step dowzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i know the whole thing is bullshit but how many terrorists do they need? it's literally been thousands every day that biden has been president. you only need one, what are they doing? just kind of...hanging out in america? ok. and...like...if they haven't done anything terroristy yet how are they terrorists? maybe they come into america, see how great joe biden is, and give up being terrorists and become regular citizens?

edit: aaaaah. chuds see EVERYONE who inconveniences as a "terrorist". line too long at the store? terrorists! idiot driver doesn't signal? terrorist! i'm sure an idealogy with the logical end that every person around you is a potential danger will only lead someplace good

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A child's circumstances and environment can affect their behavior AGC

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature (Horrible Nightmare Monkey)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I mean yeah?

In addition to

the_steve posted:

A child's circumstances and environment can affect their behavior AGC
the expectations of 'naughty' and 'nice' are culturally bound phenomena. How a child does act is dependent on culture and environment, and the standards that they should be judged against are too, how can Santa know all that?

Oh wait in Drunky Duck world it's just

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Chip Bok

How dare you accuse our guy of *checks notes* poo poo he directly said out loud in an interview

Also holy poo poo they usually don't make the projection quite this obvious

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Yeah!!! Dictator Trump!!! Woo! Hell yes, it's what we've wanted all along!! We love this idea and want it to happen!!! Punish our enemies with the power of the state, gently caress yes!!!

[Calmly turns to the democrat next to me] He was obviously joking, umm, Trump Derangement Syndrome much?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the decision taken at Cop28 to move away from fossil fuels – Nearly 200 countries have agreed a deal to transition away from fossil fuels"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Why the King’s new doctor is a controversial choice

Times:

Evening Standard:

Sir Keir Starmer vows to end Rwanda 'gimmick' with Labour's new plan for Britain

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If you want a conservative to suddenly argue that morality is relative to a particular social and cultural context or whatever, just ask them if Thomas Jefferson (or Robert E Lee depending on what kind of conservative) can still be a good person even though they owned slaves.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

He mocks this and yet I'm sure he'd be the first to say "yeah but it was a different time" about people being racist two hundred years ago

Edit: oh I should have read the rest of the thread

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 14, 2023

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Shakespeare:

End of year round-up cartoon.

Le Lievre:

Usman Khawaja was going to wear cricket shoes with the words "All lives are equal" and "Freedom is a human right". Usman Khawaja won't wear 'All lives are equal' shoes during first Test, but plans to fight ICC ruling (ABC).

Wilcox:

Le Lievre:

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Dare I ask what dictatorial things Obama and Biden have done (or flat out said they would do)?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

JamesBont posted:

Dare I ask what dictatorial things Obama and Biden have done (or flat out said they would do)?

Investigated criminals that republicans like.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

JamesBont posted:

I've found in cases like this where they can't name one single loving example, they will try to whatabout it relentlessly. And if you just insist on asking the same question over and over again while pointing out they're not answering it, they'll eventually stop trying to talk to you entirely.

(as pointed out above, it's really dude I don't like doesn't hate the minorities and poors enough and isn't nice to the ones who do sometimes)

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 14, 2023

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

"Because that only happens in the deranged mind of Daily Wire listeners, you little poo poo. Also, uncle Steve isn't allowed to babysit you anymore." Also, I love that his sister looks absolutely done with his poo poo.

I'm late on this, but this deserves a Kellies Nomination, but I don't know what. Most Willfully Dense I guess, because talk about missing the point of Rudolph this badly.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

JamesBont posted:

I'm late on this, but this deserves a Kellies Nomination, but I don't know what. Most Willfully Dense I guess, because talk about missing the point of Rudolph this badly.

Most missing the point?

Most inept metaphor?

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

THE BIDEN FAMILY’S SLEIGHT OF HAND
Cartoon published 12/14/2023

Yesterday Hunter Biden put forth a “woe is me, I am the victim” performance at a press conference. He defied the House Republicans’ request for a closed-door deposition. Hunter said he would only answer questions at a public hearing. He refused to comply with a congressional subpoena. Will Hunter be held accountable? When conservatives defy a subpoena they usually get raided by the FBI and led away in handcuffs.

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

House Oversight Chairman James Comer on Wednesday announced GOP lawmakers will initiate contempt of Congress proceedings after Hunter Biden defied a lawful subpoena. So there is hope:

“Hunter Biden today defied lawful subpoenas and we will now initiate contempt of Congress proceedings,” Comer said.

‘The smartest guy I know’ Joe’s Hunter Biden, claimed “There is no evidence to support the allegations that my father was financially involved in my business because it did not happen.” What about the Biden family’s many ‘shell corporations’ phony companies used by the Biden family to launder millions of dollars? It’s hard to believe some of that largess did not reach the ‘Big Guy,’ Joe Biden, but even if it didn’t it’s against the law for him to arrange pay for play payments to his family.

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

More evidence is coming out proving the jaw-dropping corruption of the Biden crime family. Yet the Democrats and their lapdog media and trained parrots repeatedly squawk “no evidence!” We can expect more evidence to pile up. Joe Biden’s hidden bank accounts and emails, suppressed whistle blowers, video evidence, and a long trail of dirt leading to Joe and his influence peddling confidence trickster family. What a racket. Joe Biden is more con man than president.

All 221 House Republicans voted to open an impeachment inquiry into Joe Biden—finally something the Republicans are united on and it’s about time.

That’s it in a nutshell.

— The GrrrTeam

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Marty Two Bulls

Lisa Benson

"I'm refusing to help until he puts that unrelated package into the sleigh, even though there's obviously no room for it."

Matt Davies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Ann Telnaes

Matt Wuerker

Lee Judge

The grave is clearly open and empty, so...

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

Mike Peters

Carlos Latuff

Randall Enos - Mugshot Mania

Dave Whamond

Bill Bramhall

Paul Berge

Amjad Rasmi

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Adam Zyglis

David Horsey

David loving Horsey posted:

One president of a prestigious university has had to resign; two others remain on hot seats. The reason? They could not straight out say that someone advocating genocide against Jews on their campuses would be violating university codes of conduct.

In a congressional hearing that House Republicans called to question liberal academic leaders about the rise of antisemitism at colleges, University of Pennsylvania President Liz Magill, Harvard President Claudine Gay and MIT President Sally Kornbluth each walked into the trap set for them by Rep. Elise Stefanik. When the New York Republican asked them for a simple condemnation of genocidal talk aimed at Jews, rather than take a clear, moral stand, the three presidents got lost in legalistic blather that made them look to all the world like timid bureaucrats cowed by militant ideologues.

Maybe that is because that is what they are.

It has become more and more apparent that a particular worldview holds significant sway on many of our country’s finest college campuses. It is a school of thought that blames Western colonialism and systems of white supremacy responsible for all of humanity’s ills. The problem is not that such an analysis lacks a significant degree of merit, the problem is that little room is being allowed for nuance, counter arguments and critiques of the analysis.

From faculty lounges to dormitories, it can be risky for anyone to question the dominant dogma. For even the smallest heresy or failure to employ approved terminology, a person may get shunned, attacked on social media, branded as a racist or even lose a job. There are too many examples of this to pass it off as nothing more than right-wing fearmongering about “wokeness.” Under threat are the liberal values of open inquiry and academic freedom.

One tenet of the new dogma is that Israel is a colonial state and Jews are part of the white-power structure. This is a formulation that glosses over 2,000 years of dislocation, oppression and antisemitism, but it is a terribly attractive way of seeing the situation for those who are currently protesting Israel’s incursion into Gaza. It allows a person to move beyond sympathy for the suffering Palestinians and makes it possible to see Hamas as a group of civil-rights heroes, rather than the vicious fanatics that they are. And it makes it tempting to caricature all Jews as oppressors. It may even lead a few to say out loud that genocide against Jews is justified.

So, why did the three college presidents prevaricate when asked how they would respond to such language? Were these smart academic leaders really befuddled by the question? Were they narrowly focused on concerns about free speech? Or were they conditioned to not say anything that would upset the thought police back on their campuses?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/EandPCartoons/status/1735366543528345838?s=20
:godwin:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Shut the gently caress up, Horsey

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

but if you open the door if you have an axe to grind why would you need to open the door to get the axe. you already have an axe! are we to suppose this elephant is some kind of double axe wielder? preposterous

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's so cool that "university students are calling for Jews to be exterminated" is now just accepted fact.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Fister Roboto posted:

It's so cool that "university students are calling for Jews to be exterminated" is now just accepted fact.
That's definitely what "Free Palestine" means right?

I think it's less that people are wholesale accepting antisemitism in universities on its face, and more that they're buying into Israel's narrative that anything against the Israeli government is actually against Jewish people as a group, and therefore any pro-Palestinian rhetoric, such as that happening on campuses, is basically like wearing swastikas and calling for genocide.
A pretty minor distinction admittedly, but it's more about America's devotion to Israel than the students.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Edit: okay so I was going to do a Garrison edit but then I got lost down the rabbit hole of trying to actually specify exactly what Trump has been charged with, and for some loving reason there doesn't seem to be a single goddamn source on the whole of the Internet that has a list of each charge as it actually appears in the original document so I had to do it myself. I am off by six (45-50) but I've spent too long on this so someone else fix it

https://www.mediafire.com/file/x0f8o1e0n9xx9yi/charges.doc/file

So do my Google abilities just suck or is there actually pretty much no other example of this in existence

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 15, 2023

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Trump is charged with multiple counts on a lot of the charges so that could account for the discrepancy between what you have and "91 felony charges" In any case whatever you have is more accurate than Garrison's take.

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 15, 2023

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Trump is charged with multiple counts on a lot of the charges so that could account for the discrepancy between what you have and "91 felony charges"
This is probably it. Pretty sure I have too many and too few of multiples on that. Still bizarre that I can't just easily find this in the format I'm looking for because there is no way in hell I'm the first human to think of wanting a list numbered 1 to 91 instead of broken up by case and not being as specific like every news outlet ever is doing

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-cases-georgia-washington-florida-nyc-charges-key-dates-213951743.html

Closest they got. See this poo poo? No mention of which charges are redundant.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 15, 2023

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It would be a lot more funny if these were all countries where America has installed a dictatorship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

It would be a lot more funny if these were all countries where America has installed a dictatorship.

It's not supposed to be funny.