Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bleck posted:

it's easy because it's a turn-based RPG

-person who hasn’t played a SMT game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Annath posted:

Does Nintendo allow unlicensed games? Holocure has the blessing of Cover, but it has to remain a free fan-work.

Nintendo generally leaves fan games alone and pretends they don't exist UNLESS:

A) It is a remake (AM2R)
2) They are making something very similar(Also AM2R but another example is Mario Battle Royale)
D) The fan game is getting donations or being sold for money

They will never give a blessing though, your best case scenario is they never say anything

** The Pokemon company is far less lenient

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

How do people generate those lists of their year in review?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Nintendo generally leaves fan games alone and pretends they don't exist UNLESS:

A) It is a remake (AM2R)
2) They are making something very similar(Also AM2R but another example is Mario Battle Royale)
D) The fan game is getting donations or being sold for money

They will never give a blessing though, your best case scenario is they never say anything

** The Pokemon company is far less lenient

I guess what I meant is, would they allow it to be listed on the eShop, even free? I feel like they wouldn't, so it'll never be playable on the Switch.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

otter posted:

Go to Nintendo's website, it's the first thing you see. Just log in to your account.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Nintendo year in review:
42 games played; 459 hours. 262 hours of Animal Crossing, 139 of Breath of the Wild.
vs my xbox one which shows just fortnite as my top xbox game with 488 hours.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

My beloved Dead Cells.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Dearst Italian Jesus
let nintendo online add GC games, specificly
Def Jam Fight for NY
Thank you and
Yoshi Bless

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Yeah hmmm it was a good year

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Nice

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Nintendo's jealous of my Steam Deck, the year-in-review thing keeps telling me I "don't have enough play data" on my account for them to do it. Bullshit, I played through Final Fantasy 7, both Great Ace Attorney games, and Mario Odyssey this year, as well as plugging away some at Theatrhythm Final Bar. Probably over 100 hours total on my Switch this year, which while not a banner year for me on Switch is still a pretty respectable amount of play time. Nintendo's just mad that they didn't get nearly 100% of my gaming time like they did some years.

Oh well, fortunately I keep my own personal accounting of this poo poo, I just don't have a pretty infographic to show off.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

otter posted:

https://year-in-review.nintendo.com/en-us/

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

See, I was going to my.nintendo which is why I hadn’t seen it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

lmao at my most played title this year being the Game Boy switchflix. The Zeldas and Pokemon TCG carried hard.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
My wife kidnapped my son and took the Switch with her. I’d like to remove any passwords/etc. set so my son at least doesn’t have any problems with purchases and such.

Is there a website on which that is possible?

edit: I could have left out details but this is eight months on and acceptance of the situation is long past. Unfortunately I’m not in a Western country. Just looking for a way to wipe any restrictions remotely.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Dec 14, 2023

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FBI dot gov

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Thread title stays accurate

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What the gently caress lmao

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Nintendo Switch, fun for the whole family

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Mons Hubris posted:

Thread title stays accurate

Where was this title 14yrs ago?

Drama aside, is there a way to remotely wipe any passwords, etc. without nuking the games?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Are there any deals on switches right now or is $350 at Target the best I’m gonna get?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Fly Ricky posted:

Where was this title 14yrs ago?

Drama aside, is there a way to remotely wipe any passwords, etc. without nuking the games?

You can remove eshop restrictions via the nintendo website, I think, and there may be access to the parental controls via the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app (though I don't know if that requires access to the Switch to activate): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.znma&hl=en&gl=US

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
edit: that wasn't nice

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fly Ricky posted:

My wife kidnapped my son and took the Switch with her. I’d like to remove any passwords/etc. set so my son at least doesn’t have any problems with purchases and such.

Is there a website on which that is possible?

edit: I could have left out details but this is eight months on and acceptance of the situation is long past. Unfortunately I’m not in a Western country. Just looking for a way to wipe any restrictions remotely.

In all seriousness you can change your password to it online to something you don't use, and then give your wife the password

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My year in review is throughly underwhelming because I got a steam deck last October. a Steam Deck. Now, if it's not Pikmin or one of the NSO classic collections, :shrug:

Edit: jfc I just caught up with the last few posts. :psyduck:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there always be some poo poo in the switch thread lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hey thread, any switch games that will help me hide a dead body? Thought Pikmin 4 would be a good fit but that strategy involves multiple people

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My year in review is throughly underwhelming because I got a steam deck last October. a Steam Deck. Now, if it's not Pikmin or one of the NSO classic collections, :shrug:

Edit: jfc I just caught up with the last few posts. :psyduck:

I got a Steam Deck late last year too, but still ended up with plenty of Switch time. It's nice to have the option for games that don't run well on the Switch (like Rune Factory 5 or Bloodstained.) Mainly I use it as an emulator machine though. Currently on Dragon Quest IV.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

hatty posted:

Hey thread, any switch games that will help me hide a dead body? Thought Pikmin 4 would be a good fit but that strategy involves multiple people

Pikmin only teaches you how to find dead bodies. Ideally you want to review bomb it so less people buy it and gain the potential to catch you

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Change this thread title to:

My wife kidnapped my son and took the Switch with her

Like don’t even put “Nintendo Switch:” in front of it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Petition mods to move this thread to E/N subforum

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

jesus christ

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my waife

Spanish Manlove