Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Lord Koth posted:

If she ever complains, just point out to her that even the highly looked up to Celestine is entirely fine working alongside them depending on the circumstances - and in fact possibly is doing so at the exact same time as this adventure is taking place (depending on just where we are timeframe-wise in relation to the survivors of Cadia retreating).

It is highly unlikely she even knows that Celestine exists or that Cadia fell. Not only is she temporally displaced, the people of the Koronus sector don’t know what is happening in the greater Imperium, only that the Maw has closed and the astronomicon is shrouded. There is no mention of the cicatrix maledictum because they are on the wrong side of it and the Maw is between it and them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Act 3 kept breaking on me but I finally got out of the second-worst area in the game, the worst being the Starport.

It's a real shame because there's cool story bits in the game but long slogs of combat are keeping me from it, even on story difficulty it gets to be a bit much.

Yrliet and Cassia make a great combo though. 3 officers means stuff just disintegrates.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

pentyne posted:

Really surprised there hasn't even been a minor bugfix pushed yet. Maybe Owlcat is taking their time to do a big 1.1 update to fix as much stuff as they can in one go.

Larian spoiled everyone's expectations releasing patches like I do farts

e;

evilmiera posted:

It's a real shame because there's cool story bits in the game but long slogs of combat are keeping me from it, even on story difficulty it gets to be a bit much.

Yea I found myself feeling very bogged down after like 3 random encounters earlier. Guess I should be taking shorter jumps, but I just want to get to where I need to be for my quests and I feel like I made zero progress.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sab669 posted:

Larian spoiled everyone's expectations releasing patches like I do farts

e;

Yea I found myself feeling very bogged down after like 3 random encounters earlier. Guess I should be taking shorter jumps, but I just want to get to where I need to be for my quests and I feel like I made zero progress.

Some of the locations you do need to create your own path for, but most you can scout out normally.

The good news is you get XP for clearing those encounters, at least. And I've definitely used them to quickly check out a piece of gear I just bought or a talent I just picked up.

"Take us into the Warp. I'm itching for a bit of sport."

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Preechr posted:

It is highly unlikely she even knows that Celestine exists or that Cadia fell. Not only is she temporally displaced, the people of the Koronus sector don’t know what is happening in the greater Imperium, only that the Maw has closed and the astronomicon is shrouded. There is no mention of the cicatrix maledictum because they are on the wrong side of it and the Maw is between it and them.

Yeah, it was a joke. Even if it's taking place a few years later, let alone at around the same time, there's basically no way anyone there would have any idea what happened on the retreat from Cadia. Bar a slight possibility via divination pyskers, but probably best not to use a witch's predictions to try and convince her. Alternatively, post adventure get information from your new Webway friends - after all, Eldar never lie :v:.

On the topic of Saint Celestine, it's likely Argenta's at least aware of her as she's been around a LONG time and is a much lauded member of one of the most major Orders Militant. Like, she's not going to be up-to-date on what Celestine's been up to recently, but just knowing about her is a different matter.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

My feeling on melee has shifted dramatically between chapters 1 and 3. It went from them being the all stars to them just being chaff to stand in front of the guns.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Ethiser posted:

My feeling on melee has shifted dramatically between chapters 1 and 3. It went from them being the all stars to them just being chaff to stand in front of the guns.
The warrior heroic hour is still mighty helpful. Lots of cleanup, especially from Heinrix/

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
id like a tip about spoilers for Janus: do I HAVE to kill all these rebels in the forest after i let the Eldar lady take me there?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

id like a tip about spoilers for Janus: do I HAVE to kill all these rebels in the forest after i let the Eldar lady take me there?

Some but not all of them. The first encounter from the climb-down is mandatory. You can talk your way out of the one by the webway portal, and if you do, the ones from the upper ledge before the climbdown despawn.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I've had luck with bugs but that seems to have run out. The Administratum quest is bugged and also the database seals quest is bugged

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I feel like sometimes the damage formulas just break and don't calculate right. Like the damage shown on the attack preview is usuall wildly incorrect compared to what acually happens and if you look at the detailed damage breakdown it seems to not be applying all the bonuses correctly.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

My character hosed Jae and then became invisible for a long period of time.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

sexually transmitted disappearance

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Further Reading posted:

My character hosed Jae and then became invisible for a long period of time.

You just went down to the agri-world to pick up some lho.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Janissary Hop posted:

To balance out all the "you're a loving monster, I hope you loving DIE, btw plz keep piloting my ship" options.

I've played two games of the ttrpg and ran one for a couple of years and nobody was ever as mean as the game keeps trying to get the player to be. At one point a player decimated the captured rebels and that still doesn't measure up to the casual suggestion to remove all the lower decks vocal cords.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Relevant Tangent posted:

I've played two games of the ttrpg and ran one for a couple of years and nobody was ever as mean as the game keeps trying to get the player to be. At one point a player decimated the captured rebels and that still doesn't measure up to the casual suggestion to remove all the lower decks vocal cords.

That suggestion is great because it hammers home exactly how sheltered and blinkered Cassia is very clearly in a way more visceral way than her normal dreamy fairytale fish out of water reactions to a lot of conversations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I mean what’s the problem? We can give an augmetic vox-grille to anyone who gets promoted to supervisor, so they can still shout at people.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Wait, Revel in Slaughter STACKS???

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

It stacks infinitely, yes.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wait, WHAT???

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Does anyone know for multiple grand strategists how are the zone buffs calculated:
The highest of (fel + int)/2
(Highest fel + highest int)/2

For example if I have a character with 60 fel and 30 int and another with 40 fel and 60 int is it 5 (40 + 60 from char 2) or 6(60 from char 1 + 60 from char 2)?

Also, fun fact, the Aeldari shurikan cannon has the same stats as a heavy bolter, but as it's a normal rifle there is no strength requirement and the attacks cost a normal amount of AP. I think the heavy bolter still wins out for a burst fire build if you take all the heavy weapon talents in arch-militant though.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

don't worry, balance updates are incoming

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Yeah it's a pretty key part of the goofy rear end "Argenta with 450 ballistic skill" screenshots you'll see. The combat math gets broken in half by the numerous infinitely stacking buffs you can deploy.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:hellyeah: Bout to make a methlabplanet

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
nm

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

finally got the book on a stick :buddy:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

cuntman.net posted:

finally got the book on a stick :buddy:

congratulations on acquiring the suitcase nuke

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
cassia is the most *tips fedora* character i've ever seen in a video game

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
what the gently caress

I'm in the middle of finishing up the big dumb planet in act 1 and suddenly my w/a/s/d/e/q completely stopped working, all my audio got set to 0, and I cannot rotate or move the camera in any way.

how does this even happen? Reloading hasn't fixed it, reopening the game hasn't fixed it, is my save file really going to be borked out of some spontaneous and stupid as gently caress bug?

edit: This is across all of my save games. The entire game is unplayable right now, what the gently caress? I guess I'm just playing BG3 and can't play the $60 game I just bought

Burginator fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 14, 2023

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Truly Chaos is a nefarious foe.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Burginator posted:

what the gently caress

I'm in the middle of finishing up the big dumb planet in act 1 and suddenly my w/a/s/d/e/q completely stopped working, all my audio got set to 0, and I cannot rotate or move the map camera in any way.

how does this even happen? Reloading hasn't fixed it, reopening the game hasn't fixed it, is my save file really going to be borked out of some spontaneous and stupid as gently caress bug?

edit: This is across all of my save games. The entire game is unplayable right now, what the gently caress? I guess I'm just playing BG3 and can't play the $60 game I just bought

Go to options and move all sliders from 0. Scroll speed, sound, everything. Don't forget text size :D
It's so amusing to me that devs thought "well, what about the players who don't want to see text in our game? Better include that 0 notch"

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
I think having Argenta focus on bolters/burst early game is a bit of a trap, when she can get drat near 100 crit chance with the longlas just a few hours outside the prologue. From there just place her start tile squished between all party members for max camaraderie adjacency damage buffs (you did take camaraderie talent right??) and 1 shot two of the weakest enemies on the field, hit her 0 ap momentum buff. end turn -> officer gives her free 2ap turn , revel in slaughter is ready to go (because you only need two kills thanks to Swift Slaughter) , hit that, now she has ballistics buffs, kill two more chaff enemies, you should be at heroic action now and enemy probably hasn't moved yet.

pretty much followed this guide it slaps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN1W4dRn1Xw

Mid/late game when you have all the talents online burst damage is probably better, but by midgame you should have all sorts of win conditions so its kinda do whatever. don't even get me started on cassia, most OP party member i've encountered since picking up Orlandu in final fantasy tactics. I'm at least gratified in terms of the dialogue and interactions people treat her like a demigod because BOY IS SHE . Being able to yank 2/3 of the enemy force out of cover, nuke them, and then stun them all in one turn is just :catstare:

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
Idira's ambush warning lines are also becoming as funny as Abelard/Pasqal's introductions. Pasqal's banter with the tech priest veteran on the footfall docks is great too.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Kanos posted:

It stacks infinitely, yes.
I think it stack up to three times now? Still, the talent that lowers the requirement to two kills is really loving good because of this.

Further Reading posted:

Does anyone know for multiple grand strategists how are the zone buffs calculated:
The highest of (fel + int)/2
(Highest fel + highest int)/2

Second one. It cherrypicks the highest INT and FEL bonus from your grand strategists.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Operatives feel kinda underwhelming. Pasqal is awesome because of his unique qualities (I also think they nailed a unique robo voice), but the actual operative abilities on him and the other operatives all feel overtly fiddly for their end result. Managing exploits isn't interesting or fun.

edit: I will say to the game's credit both balance and bug wise that I'm running without mods still and in both Kingmaker and WoTR I grabbed Toy Box almost immediately to deal with things that popped up.

FuzzySlippers fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Dec 14, 2023

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

FuzzySlippers posted:

Operatives feel kinda underwhelming. Pasqal is awesome because of his unique qualities (I also think they nailed a unique robo voice), but the actual operative abilities on him and the other operatives all feel overtly fiddly for their end result. Managing exploits isn't interesting or fun.

edit: I will say to the game's credit both balance and bug wise that I'm running without mods still and in both Kingmaker and WoTR I grabbed Toy Box almost immediately to deal with things that popped up.

Imagine going Bounty Hunter and having to manage 'prey' too.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
So I've been using an Arch-Militant and I noticed that AOE ranged attacks and burst attacks aren't considered different for the purposes of stacking the Versatility buff? Is that a bug, or is the tooltip just really badly written? Or both?

I feel like switching between a Heavy Bolter and a Heavy Flamer would be way funner than using a dinky single shot every other big hit.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Clarste posted:

So I've been using an Arch-Militant and I noticed that AOE ranged attacks and burst attacks aren't considered different for the purposes of stacking the Versatility buff? Is that a bug, or is the tooltip just really badly written? Or both?

I feel like switching between a Heavy Bolter and a Heavy Flamer would be way funner than using a dinky single shot every other big hit.

Bug, I think. The distinction pretty clear in the tooltip and mechanically

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I know everyone knows that Cassia is completely ridiculous, but I've just noticed Time Mastery, which increases Willpower by 5 every time someone gets an extra turn. So with Seize the Initiative with Cassie (1), Bring it Down (2) onto Abelard's Brace for Impact with the thing that gives 3 move to people (8), into Seize the Initiative MC (9), into Bring it Down for Cassie she's rocking a +50 Willpower before combat starts, and it goes up as the fights go on.

Add Strange Vitality and she should (Owlcat willing) be healing to full each turn. Add Mind Over Matter and she should have a million wounds.

There are probably better ways to use those two Bring it Down, but I found Cass as a tank very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Why can I execute Jae but I can't execute the pirate smugglers on Footfall?