Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

CirclMastr posted:

I hope it doesn't feel like I'm abandoning the lance by heading off the map this turn, but I'm heading off the map this turn.

Might make sense to hang out within range of the goal but stay on-map and blast at long range. If we're assured of getting off the map barring poo poo like unlucky TACs then we might as well take shots at getting the secondary payouts too. Not like we're getting salvage out of these missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Farseli, what's your planned target for the Marauder? if i back up to 0210 i can provide fire support while also getting decent odds of legging the hornet with a kick

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
Damaging the large laser of the Sentinel seemed like a nice outcome, too, though.

biosterous posted:

Farseli, what's your planned target for the Marauder? if i back up to 0210 i can provide fire support while also getting decent odds of legging the hornet with a kick

I like the idea of moving into 0414 and facing 0314, then firing on the Wolverine again. What I'm hearing is just alpha strike because I'm losing that right leg if anything so much as looks at it funny. With any luck I'll survive another turn to put more pain into them.

----

The nightmare of writing conditionals for getting up though. Choosing running MP, so I have 6 to work with. If I fail, manage to keep the leg, and get up on the second try then I have 2 MP left and can still get into the woods, but not turn. Then I have to flip arms and can use everything but the AC/5.

If I fail twice, still keep the leg, and get up on the 3rd try then I'll get up facing the Wolverine and Alpha from there.

Then questions about LOS. If I make it to 0314, I can opt to have the heavy woods intervening between me and the Griffin if it chooses to fire on me, as the LOS goes exactly along the hex border, correct? And second, the Wolverine could choose to have the heavy woods intervening, but then they would be intervening if the Wolverine fires back? I would elect to have them not intervene between me and the Wolverine to maximize hitting it, but I don't know how it's handled if both units declare each other as targets but then disagree on which side of the hex border to use. My guess is you go with whatever has the most penalty, but again just guessing.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Dervish

Someone talk me out of trying to DFA the Hornet off the map.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

Dervish

do it

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

AJ_Impy posted:

Dervish

Could you just give it a bully-shove? And call the pilot a lame nerd over open comms?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
:sbahj:

Popping the hunchback was a fantastic opportunity, and it paid off. With the commando legged, I would say head to the exit but try to get the hornet first, even though it will be a little bit of a slowdown.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Orders are in.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

orders in, shooting the wolverine and kicking the hornet from 0210. between me and the dervish we've got a pretty good shot at crippling the leg-egg

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

AJ_Impy posted:

Orders are in.

biosterous posted:

orders in, shooting the wolverine and kicking the hornet from 0210. between me and the dervish we've got a pretty good shot at crippling the leg-egg

I was worried that these orders would be mutually exclusive due to positioning issues, but I tested it and it turns out to be entirely possible! In fact I'm pretty sure it's the only scenario where two mechs can (technically) occupy the same hex at once.

Fear the brotherly combination attack! It's almost certainly going to fail spectacularly.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
Knowing what absurd things everyone else is doing makes me feel better about my performance.

Orders submitted. Hopefully, I didn't make too big of a mess in writing that up. Tried to label the contingency of movement and targeting on (A) getting up on first attempt, (B) getting up on second, and (C) getting up on third.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Scintilla posted:

I was worried that these orders would be mutually exclusive due to positioning issues, but I tested it and it turns out to be entirely possible! In fact I'm pretty sure it's the only scenario where two mechs can (technically) occupy the same hex at once.

Fear the brotherly combination attack! It's almost certainly going to fail spectacularly.

MECHA-SHIVA!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fuuuse(ion reactor) dance!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

If I wasn't on the mobile app I might have missed this filename.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Lemniscate Blue posted:

lmfao, thank you for pointing it out

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lemniscate Blue posted:

:lol:

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

Scintilla posted:

Personally I just imagine this as that scene in Gurren Lagann "We're gonna combine!" Except the Dervish and Quickdraw are like, about the same size and weight so the Quickdraw would definitely take damage. Or be crushed

Either we're gonna gently caress someone up, or we're gonna eat poo poo. Cast in the Name of God :rolldice:

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

Really, seems like we're just giving Scintilla some wacky action to write up.

Scintilla posted:

In the case of the bridge on the map, can two units not occupy both the bridge level and the ground below? I figured it works the same with DFA as the attacker is considered 2 levels higher than the target hex or the hex they are occupying while waiting to resolve, whichever is higher.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Farseli posted:

In the case of the bridge on the map, can two units not occupy both the bridge level and the ground below? I figured it works the same with DFA as the attacker is considered 2 levels higher than the target hex or the hex they are occupying while waiting to resolve, whichever is higher.

That's a fair point. By the way, that bridge was absolutely a trap, so well done to whoever pointed that out. I wasn't expecting anyone to risk crossing it, but if someone had ended their movement under it I would have destroyed the hex above them and let the falling rubble hit them for 40-60 damage.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Destroying infrastructure is for Taurians, not something that gets done to Taurians. :colbert:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Snow_Scar_[3901]: Turn 10

Kai-xi laughed uproariously as his Quickdraw fell for the second time in half a minute. His pod slammed downwards as the mech hit the ground, briefly driving the air from his lungs, but as soon as he recovered his breath he burst out laughing again. Not even the alert indicating that his right arm had sustained actuator damage was enough to dampen his mirth. The battle had been a clown show from start to finish, and Kai-xi was loving it. The fact that a Hornet of all things had managed to knock his Quickdraw over was a joke worthy of The Mechwarrior's Bawdy Review.

“A… a t-tiny loving bug…” Kai-xi wheezed as the Hornet levelled its weapons at him. Its meagre armament was hardly threatening, but the ragged state of his Quickdraw’s armour meant it might actually be enough to put him down for good.

As always, though, fate intervened. Before the Hornet’s weapons could re-arm Tsing’s Dervish dropped out of the sky and slammed into the ground between them. The Hornet vanished as the explosive impact kicked up a swirling nebula of dirt and powdered snow, but Kai-xi had just enough time to see his brother’s Dervish collapse in a boneless heap. The mech’s still-firing jets drove it deep into a nearby snowbank, burying it until only its legs remained visible.

“Well, that didn’t go as planned.” Tsing said phlegmatically.

Pain burned in the depths of Kai-xi’s chest as his laughter roared back with a vengeance. “Brother!” he gasped, “Brother, you have killed me. I am having a stroke. You have p-pierced my blessing with your idiocy.”

“I am sure you will be just fine. Did I get the Hornet at least?”

Still giggling, Kai-xi checked his sensors. “No. It’s s-still out there.” He sobered slightly. “Mike’s signal just went. I think it’s just us now.”

“Then it is time for us to leave.” Snow churned as Tsing tried to stand up. Kai-xi sighed and reluctantly followed suit. His Quickdraw’s right hand had sheared off in the fall, but if he balanced himself correctly he should be able to push himself up with just his left.

“Typical,” he grumbled. “Just when I was beginning to enjoy myself...”

Marauder MAD-3R (Player) attempts to stand up. Needs 5, rolls 10: Succeeds!

Thunderbolt TDR-5S (Player) exits the battlefield!

Weapons fire for Dervish DV-6M (Player):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-3R (Player):
-Fires PPC at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 10: Hits Left Torso! Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) takes 10 damage to Left Torso, 10/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires PPC at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 10: Hits Left Arm! Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) takes 10 damage to Left Arm, 0/16 Armour, 5/9 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Left Arm! No Critical Hits sustained.
-Fires Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 10: Hits Right Arm! Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Arm, 6/16 Armour remaining.
-Fires AC/5 at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 3: Misses!

Weapons fire for Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Right Arm! Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Arm, 1/16 Armour remaining.
-Fires LRM-10 at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires SRM-4 at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 8, rolls 3: Misses!

--

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers):
-Fires PPC at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 9, rolls 8: Misses!

Weapons fire for Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 7, rolls 7: Hits Left Arm! Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 6/11 Armour remaining.
-Fires Small Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 7, rolls 3: Misses!
-Fires SRM-4 at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 7, rolls 9: 2 Missiles Hit! Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) takes 2 damage to Left Leg (7/15 Armour remaining) and Left Arm (4/11 Armour remaining).

Weapons fire for Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers):
-Fires SRM-2 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 10, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers):
-Fires AC/5 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 10, rolls 10: Hits Left Leg! Narrow Profile reduces damage to 2! Marauder MAD-3R (Player) takes 2 damage to Left Leg, 14/18 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 8, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires SRM-6 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 8, rolls 10: 5 Missiles Hit! Marauder MAD-3R (Player) takes 2 damage to Right Torso (8/16 Structure remaining (Critical Chance!)), Left Torso (7/17 Armour remaining), Left Arm (20/22 Armour remaining), Left Torso (5/17 Armour remaining) and Right Leg (0/16 Structure remaining (Right Leg Destroyed! Mech destroyed!)).
--Critical Chance in Right Torso! Two Critical Hits sustained! AC/5 Hit! AC/5 Destroyed!

Physical attacks for Dervish DV-6M (Player):
-Initiates Death From Above against Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers)! Needs 11, rolls 9: Misses!
--Dervish DV-6M (Player) crashes into Hex 0111! Dervish DV-6M (Player) falls on its rear, suffering 5 damage to Left Leg (10/15 Armour remaining), Right Arm (5/10 Armour remaining), Left Leg (5/15 Armour remaining), and 3 damage to Rear Left Torso (1/4 Armour remaining).
---Tsing Yeoung must roll a 6+ to avoid a Pilot Hit; rolls 4: Fails! Takes a Hit!
--Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers) is displaced into Hex 0112!

Physical attacks for Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player):
-Kicks Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 5: Misses!

--

Physical attacks for Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers):
-Kicks Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 6, rolls 7: Hits Right Leg! Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) takes 4 damage to Right Leg, 11/15 Armour remaining.

Subtracting 2 heat from all units due to Arctic Conditions…

Dervish DV-6M (Player) gains 2 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) gains 12 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 1 heat.

--

Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Piloting checks for Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player):
Missed a Kick; needs 5, rolls 5: Succeeds!
Was Kicked; needs 5, rolls 4: Fails!
-Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) falls on its right side, suffering 5 damage to Right Arm (0/11 Armour, 6/10 Structure remaining (Critical Chance!)) and 1 damage to Right Torso (8/14 Armour remaining).
--Critical Chance in Right Arm! One Critical Hit sustained! Hand Actuator Hit!
--Kai-xi Yeoung must roll a 5+ to avoid a pilot hit; rolls 5: Succeeds!

Piloting checks for Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers):
Took 20+ Damage; needs 7, rolls 3: Fails!
-Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) falls on its left side, suffering 5 damage to Left Torso (5/20 Armour remaining) and 1 damage to Left Torso (4/20 Armour remaining).
--Jean-Paul Camus must roll a 7+ to avoid a pilot hit; rolls 8: Succeeds!

--

Tsing Yeoung (Dervish DV-6M) has taken 1 damage this turn! Tsing Yeoung must pass a consciousness test or fall unconscious!
-Tsing Yeoung must roll a 3+ to remain conscious! Rolls 6: Succeeds!

Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) attempts to stand carefully. Needs 4, rolls 6: Succeeds!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Evasive Action: By forfeiting the right to fire during the shooting phase, the pilot gains the ability to move evasively, inflicting an additional +1 penalty against incoming weapons fire and physical attacks. The unit must use its Running MP, have undamaged hips, and will gain an extra +2 heat at the end of the round.

Relevant Design Quirks:
-Hyper-Extending Actuators: The mech can reverse its arms as if it lacked Hand and Lower Arm Actuators.
-Multi-Trac: The mech does not suffer the usual penalties when splitting fire between multiple targets.
-Narrow Profile: The mech takes less damage from incoming weapons fire if the margin of success is +1 or lower. Direct fire weapons deal half damage, while cluster attacks receive a -4 penalty when determining the number of hits.

--

Primary Objectives:
-Ruby Lance reaches the Northern Map Border: Failed!
-Remaining Player Mechs reach the Northern Map Border (1/3)

Secondary Objectives:
-Destroy at least three Fusilier battlemechs (2/3) (100,000 C-Bill reward)
-Destroy all six Fusilier battlemechs (2/6) (200,000 C-Bill reward)

--

Next Orders Due: Saturday 16th 9:00PM GMT.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Dec 13, 2023

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Hmm. The Hornet has a high move mod, going to be a pain to hit. However, if I get up first time, I could potentially get to 0214, behind the Sentinel and Griffin's fire arcs and go beat up the already damaged Wolverine, then do some annoying ace jumpy mech shenanigans to avoid getting targeted by the whole lance at once in subsequent turns. We have a bonus to earn, after all, just one more enemy down will do it.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
You know I expected it but it’s still funny. And annoying. Thunderbolt already left, both of you are face down in the dirt, and with the Marauder dead there’s thing to stop you from getting mauled by the entire enemy lance.

This turn has been a net negative for us in every conceivable way. And I think we officially have to abandon the bonus objective because you are all within range of the entire enemy lance.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Turn report: oof

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Pack it in, sterling and sableiures

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Gun it for the exit. Just make sure to spend your last MP turning once to protect your rear arc. After that, jump until you can get off the map.

I can't wait to see where this will go narratively in the afternoon action report.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Orders in.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Play it off in the Fusiliers debrief as "You saw the weakness we showed you and pounced on it, well done, A+ for seizing a tactical opportunity, you've come a long way." Then in the OpFor-only debrief chew everybody a new rear end in a top hat, because drat.

(Not in terms of blaming things on the players, but there has been some definite :battletech: going on that can be flavored that way.)

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
The Marauder's dead? Aw man.

T-Bolt and MAD together should have been able to kill everything. In my head. They'd be backed up by an Archer, and a Pheonix Hawk and together, they'd be team "Awesome Lance".

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

lmao, that was a wonderful fuckup, i love battletech

orders in, including a contingency in case i roll 2-3 on my standup attempt, which seems likely given how i've been rolling :v:

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

Well shucks. Had fun at least! Sorry for failing the objective though.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The Taurians can still win (on Taurian terms) if they destroy the bridge, find some civilians to war crime and set fire to an orphanage, place of worship, or hospital.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

SIGSEGV posted:

The Taurians can still win (on Taurian terms) if they destroy the bridge, find some civilians to war crime and set fire to an orphanage, place of worship, or hospital.

You say that as if it's optional, instead of now mandatory.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

SIGSEGV posted:

any or all

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunities to burn down retirement homes next mission.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Scintilla posted:

Don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunities to burn down retirement homes next mission.

Blow up a retirement home and blame it on a malfunctioning Fusilier LRM (0/6)

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Do A War Crime 0/infinity

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Snow_Scar_[3901]: Turn 11

Ricardo’s stomach cramped up as he watched Jean-Paul’s Wolverine and the mercenary Dervish tear chunks out of one another. The Wolverine’s left arm abruptly sagged as a flight of LRMs burst against its shoulder, blasting apart what was left of its armour and shredding the tightly woven myomer bundles beneath. Jean-Paul’s return fire bit deeply into the Dervish’s centre, lasers and autocannon shells chewing away at its bulbous chestplate like the jaws of a spectral wolfhound. Both mechs reeled like a pair of punch-drunk prizefighters, smoke and coolant leaking from the rents in their armour, but each stubbornly remained on their feet.

Frustration boiled inside Ricardo’s chest. He wanted to help Jean-Paul, but one of the Marauder’s final volleys had severed his Large Laser’s primary power coupling, depriving his Sentinel of its main weapon. With Cosette’s defeat earlier, it meant that the only big gun the Fusiliers had left was Etienne’s PPC. As if in response to Ricardo’s thoughts Etienne’s Griffin opened fire on the fleeing Quickdraw. Ricardo’s view was partially obscured by trees, but he thought he saw the heavy mech stagger. Not that it mattered – the Quickdraw was probably too far away to catch now.

Kicking his Sentinel into reverse, Ricardo pulled back from the main combat zone. He had done his best – in fact he had performed far better than he had anticipated – but now it was time to cut his losses and fall back. In a real battle his priority would now be to try and preserve his battlemech, and that was what he was going to do. As he walked backwards, the wreckage of Mike Clements’ Marauder slid into view. The heavy mech had fallen on its back, crushing a small tree under its 75-ton bulk. The half-melted barrel of its dorsal autocannon pointed up at the iron-grey sky like a mangled index finger, as if Mike had decided to flip them all off from beyond the grave.

Ricardo frowned to himself. No, that wasn’t fair. Mike was a stern teacher with a low tolerance for nonsense, but he wasn’t vindictive or mean-spirited. His advice, while often blunt, was nearly always on point. Even Etienne, who grumbled about the mercs every chance he got, privately admitted that they had improved a lot thanks to his tutelage.

Dervish DV-6M (Player) attempts to stand up. Needs 5, rolls 7: Succeeds!

Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) attempts to stand up. Needs 5, rolls 10: Succeeds!

Weapons fire for Dervish DV-6M (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 12: Hits Right Torso! Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Torso, 10/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires LRM-10 at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 6: 3 Missiles Hit! Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) takes 3 damage to Left Arm, 2/9 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Left Arm! One Critical Hit sustained! Shoulder Actuator Hit!
-Fires LRM-10 at Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 7: 6 Missiles Hit! Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Torso (5/20 Armour remaining) and 1 damage to Right Leg (14/16 Armour remaining).

Weapons fire for Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers); needs 10, rolls 8: Misses!

--

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers):
-Fires PPC at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 9, rolls 9: Hits Left Torso! Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) takes 10 damage to Left Torso, 0/14 Armour, 13/14 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Left Torso! One Critical Hit sustained! LRM-10 Hit!
-Fires LRM-10 at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 9, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 10, rolls 8: Misses!
-Fires Small Laser at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 12, rolls 9: Misses!
-Fires SRM-4 at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 10, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers):
-Fires SRM-2 at Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player); needs 12, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers):
-Fires AC/5 at Dervish DV-6M (Player); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Centre Torso! Dervish DV-6M (Player) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 10/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Dervish DV-6M (Player); needs 6, rolls 8: Hits Centre Torso! Dervish DV-6M (Player) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 5/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires SRM-6 at Marauder MAD-3R (Player); needs 6, rolls 10: 4 Missiles Hit! Dervish DV-6M (Player) takes 2 damage to Left Leg (3/15 Armour remaining), Left Torso (13/15 Armour remaining), Right Leg (13/15 Armour remaining) and Centre Torso (3/20 Armour remaining).

-No melee attacks this turn!

Subtracting 2 heat from all units due to Arctic Conditions…

Dervish DV-6M (Player) gains 15 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 5 heat. Overheating!

Quickdraw QKD-4Gr (Player) gains 4 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.

--

Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) gains 13 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Hornet HNT-152 (Fusiliers) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Wolverine WVR-6R (Fusiliers) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Evasive Action: By forfeiting the right to fire during the shooting phase, the pilot gains the ability to move evasively, inflicting an additional +1 penalty against incoming weapons fire and physical attacks. The unit must use its Running MP, have undamaged hips, and will gain an extra +2 heat at the end of the round.

Relevant Design Quirks:
-Hyper-Extending Actuators: The mech can reverse its arms as if it lacked Hand and Lower Arm Actuators.
-Multi-Trac: The mech does not suffer the usual penalties when splitting fire between multiple targets.
-Narrow Profile: The mech takes less damage from incoming weapons fire if the margin of success is +1 or lower. Direct fire weapons deal half damage, while cluster attacks receive a -4 penalty when determining the number of hits.

--

Primary Objectives:
-Ruby Lance reaches the Northern Map Border (0/4) Failed!
-Remaining Player Mechs reach the Northern Map Border (1/3)

Secondary Objectives:
-Destroy at least three Fusilier battlemechs (2/3) (100,000 C-Bill reward)
-Destroy all six Fusilier battlemechs (2/6) (200,000 C-Bill reward)

--

Next Orders Due: Tuesday 19th 9:00PM GMT.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Every mission has been stressful, ranging from very stressful to a little worrying. This one is a proper nail biter. I’ll admit my first thought with the Dervish is “what the hell are you doing?” But with it’s jump jets and the woods I think it can get away relatively cleanly.

The QuickDraw should probably just get the hell out of here. The hornet has been really good about staying evasive, and trying to kill it might run the risk of getting sniped

The safest thing for the Dervish to do would be to jump jet into the woods and start making it’s way north. But I get the feeling you’d rather try and score another kill, and what do you know the Wolverine has some (almost) exposed ammo on it’s left side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Quickdraw quickly drawing away

Dervish dancing with death