Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Ohtani boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling

Is it too soon to change the thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Mustached Demon posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of Tom Brady.

Ohtani doesn't seem like the type to kiss a son

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

just lol and lmao if Ohtani and Yamamoto colluded to end up on the Dodgers

Is it collusion or do they think the unis are really classy?

Like, gently caress the Dodgers. But signing with the Dodgers makes total sense for Yamamoto given how MaGyvered the rotation was last year.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
If the Dodgers sign Yamamoto can we preemptively stop bawfuls from making a ton of avs

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Is it collusion or do they think the unis are really classy?

Like, gently caress the Dodgers. But signing with the Dodgers makes total sense for Yamamoto given how MaGyvered the rotation was last year.

yamamoto has always been the dodgers #1 real need and priority this offseason. Ohtani of course is gold dust but Yamamoto is essential

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Bregor posted:

If the Dodgers sign Yamamoto can we preemptively stop bawfuls from making a ton of avs
no :colbert:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

The dodgers are more obnoxious than the lebron heat because of the luxury tax fuckery.

No that makes them more likeable.

Why are you so mad about this, it's brilliant

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bregor posted:

Oh no, photos of two baseball buds in blue will dominate the forums.

I survived Swift/Kelce I'll survive LA Handsomeball

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Forrest on Fire posted:

Oh no, photos of two baseball buds in blue will dominate the forums.

There's only one team in blue that dominates this forum

matti
Mar 31, 2019

the industriales?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:hmmyes:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

"I wish we could have something to combat Cubsposting"

*monkeys paw curls*

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

We're all Royals fans at heart

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/angels/status/1735090210374050091

Angels: We GUARANTEE these two pitchers will pitch better than Ohtani next season *points at forehead*

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Lol, good luck with those two former Padres.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/JMackeyPG/status/1734947564720472173
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/12/pirates-penguins-agree-to-joint-ownership-of-sportsnet-pittsburgh.html

posted:

The Pirates announced Wednesday that they’ve entered into an agreement with the NHL’s Pittsburgh Penguins for joint ownership of the SportsNet Pittsburgh network. Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette first reported the agreement. With the new partnership, SportsNet Pittsburgh will continue to carry all regionally broadcasted Pirates games and expand the network’s pregame and postgame coverage of the team.

The deal creates some eyebrow-raising partnerships due to the fact that daily operations of the network are handled by the New England Sports Network (NESN), which is owned by Fenway Sports Group. FSG owns the Penguins and holds an 80% stake in SportsNet Pittsburgh, per Mackey. That means that Red Sox owners John Henry and Tom Werner, the founders of FSG, will directly profit from the Pirates’ television broadcasts moving forward. Williams emphasized to Mackey that MLB has not deemed that to be a conflict of interest — FSG’s operations are a separate business venture from the Red Sox — and he added that the existing relationship between Henry, Werner and Pirates owner Bob Nutting actually helped to facilitate the arrangement.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/danclarksports/status/1735305371454177419?t=VjfO6v3EoAZhWPfo2DgDBw

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I really loving am starting to hate the Dodgers.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's totally not a conflict of interest, because Rob Manfred says it's not.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

mcmagic posted:

Yeah I might even start rooting for Houston to beat them because of the lols

Although the time my dad with ALS in his wheechair got heckled by Dodger fans at Dodger stadium was a pretty good motivator for me to hate them.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I’ve gone from indifference toward the Dodgers to “ugh the Dodgers” pretty quickly

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The only upside to all these Dodger moves is that there’s a slight chance of me seeing some of these guys make rehab starts for the Tulsa Drillers

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

This guy? Who also said that he would delete his Twitter if he was wrong about the Yankees getting Machado?

https://x.com/DanClarkSports/status/1078756564100509696?s=20

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Turns out Yamamoto was impressed with their presentation, but it was the font and backgrounds of the slide deck.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
congrats to everyone learning how terrible the dodgers are just now. as a forewarning it only gets worse, their fans are like a less aggro version of whiny entitled Yankees fans

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I just want the Dodgers to be bad

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I just want the Dodgers to be bad

Fortunately, October exists

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's totally not a conflict of interest, because Rob Manfred says it's not.

Henry would have to still care about the Red Sox for it to be a conflict of interest

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Penguins have collapsed in the 2 years since FSG bought them, after like 17 straight years of being in the playoffs they missed last year and are in 7th place in an 8 team division so far this year. Coincidence??

e: oh and ownership is enamored of the head coach who won a championship years ago and kept him after several years of underachieving while replacing the team president and GM. I'm sure that doesn't sound familiar to Red Sox fans at all

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 14, 2023

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

mcmagic posted:

Yeah how dare the Dodgers... *checks notes* spend a bunch of money to bring in good players! Absolutely heinous poo poo right there.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Fortunately, October exists

You know it's October here in LA when the Dodgers starting pitching staff has playoff ERAs numbers that match the month.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

congrats to everyone learning how terrible the dodgers are just now. as a forewarning it only gets worse, their fans are like a less aggro version of whiny entitled Yankees fans
tell us more about who has the worst fans, this discourse always goes great!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sydin posted:

Yeah how dare the Dodgers... *checks notes* spend a bunch of money to bring in good players! Absolutely heinous poo poo right there.

They've also...built a strong franchise that makes good players want to play there. Wow.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic of all posters leading the charge of hating the Dodgers for paying good players is just perfect :discourse:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Love to complain about owners being cheap and pretending they can’t afford to sign whoever they want.

Love even more to then complain about an owner not being cheap and signing whoever they want.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

bawfuls posted:

tell us more about who has the worst fans, this discourse always goes great!

Aren't Dodger fans famous for showing up in the 4th inning?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

all Dodgers fans are Mexican gang members who show up in the 5th inning and leave in the 3rd

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mcmagic posted:

Aren't Dodger fans famous for showing up in the 4th inning?

I'm sorry, what the gently caress are you talking about?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've seen it first hand, it's partially true. What they don't tell you is the traffic is ungodly terrible around the park and is a massive walk even from the parking lot. It takes forever to get to the game, so yeah, I can see why it takes until the third inning to get to your seat.

Like seriously try to go to a game in Dodger stadium. It freaking sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

bawfuls posted:

all Dodgers fans are Mexican gang members who show up in the 5th inning and leave in the 3rd