Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

stab posted:

Nevermore first album is an acquired taste

The 2nd album is getting there

3-4 are complete masterpieces

5th is amazing but has poo poo production (listen to the remastered version)

6th is an absolute classic

7th is good, but something is...off

And then theyre done.

Lol i did this all off of memory of their album chronology

Nevermore loving rules rip
If you skip the rest of the debut S/T, at least listen to The Sanity Assassin. It's a great indicator of where they were going to go on Politics of Ecstasy and Dreaming Neon Black

His falsetto on that album is overtrained and kind of funny though, just way too much cord closure for the sound he's trying to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Chaos AD is an end to end banger. I have always loved it even during less metal phases of my life.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Vintersorg posted:

I actually like this over the original. 🤫

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FymKdldcyRw

yeah i always loved this cover

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Vintersorg posted:

I actually like this over the original. 🤫

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FymKdldcyRw

yeah this is great

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

adore the new slam gangtag, caveman slam 4 lyfe

also if you look up slam on last.fm the top artist is...Alison Gold? lol

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Last FM is/was fun like that. Years ago I’d put on the brutal death metal radio and it would play Britney Spears because trolls. It made me chuckle.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Take a really good slam EP in honor of the new gangtag

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Gonna post my current favorite Slam song in honor of the new gang tag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiTHwnxai-Y

The "OBSCENELY" part at 2:30 goes so hard

Malaria fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 13, 2023

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Slam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VifcQxHN5Ww
Also, slam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfXiHYfszOw

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Given how many metal goons play instruments and how easy it is to make slam, would anyone have any interest in a slam collab on kompoz or something? Might be fun.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Given how many metal goons play instruments and how easy it is to make slam, would anyone have any interest in a slam collab on kompoz or something? Might be fun.

As a guy with a studio and a bunch of amps and cabs, I'd be happy to re-amp, drum sample and mix it all.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

never heard of this kompoz thing but it sounds pretty cool. i can't play instruments to save my life but i can bark into a mic pretty decent

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
How easy it is to make slam?? This isn’t like, black metal or hardcore punk

I mean it isn’t prog either

Hm

I do prefer my slam very caveman heavy. Lowbrow

I could submit some terrible vocals

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If anyone needs a little assistance this expert on YouTube breaks it all down:

https://youtu.be/a_JBaV_sVWo?si=GtWeMmmyflAPu-wu

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Making Slam is easy, making good Slam is actually really difficult. I've been working on my stuff for a long time, the only thing I am truly happy with are my vocals. Writing music is hard.

I also have a really intense job, so it's hard to find free time to work on music

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You can make slam vocals by stuffing spaghetti down your garbage disposal.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
ill make the wiki

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

ultraviolence123 posted:

Making Slam is easy, making good Slam is actually really difficult. I've been working on my stuff for a long time, the only thing I am truly happy with are my vocals. Writing music is hard.

I never said we should make good slam. No worries, we can fix our shortcomings with extra vocalists. Also I'm in for bass and/or guitar, forgot to mention.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkU16lpreGQ

This band has weird almost tech-death parts, droney gorguts stuff, AND SLAMS.

Maybe my album of the year

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

The most important thing about slam is that it isn't angry. The ennui just gets so loud that it starts to distort in your throat

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Also I read somewhere, maybe here? That this part of this song is the first "slam" and basically started a genre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utwmnkw9Rf4&t=171s

Is that right?

That entire album loving rips fyi. I saw them a few years ago in Detroit, I know it's like maybe one original guy(the guitarist), but they were loving great live.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think Liege gets a lot of credit for deathcore’s whole thing as well.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I thought I remembered early Haemorrhage also having some slam-adjacent parts so I looked them up and, in a hilarious coincidence, their original name was Devourment

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

yeah, that's the accepted lore.

similar to dungeon synth, where you take the best part of black metal (the interludes) and make it a better entire genre, you take the best part of death metal (the breakdowns) and make it a better entire genre

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
It's true, I love dungeon synth and slam for those exact reasons. I already release dungeon synth music, I might as well get into the slam game.

Anyway, on a different topic, I forgot how much this year's Horrendous release kicks loving rear end

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I'm listening to 2 in a room. virtually all their songs are about hooking up and or loving. are there any metal bands that are just all about the sex, all screaming and yelling about getting all wet and sweaty with other naked servants of our lord satan?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Steel Panther. goodbye

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
abigail, i guess

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Long as it’s corpse fuckin I think they all do that.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

symbolic posted:

Steel Panther. goodbye

Hah! Yep, first band that came to my mind, too. Definitely SP

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

The Voice of Labor posted:

I'm listening to 2 in a room. virtually all their songs are about hooking up and or loving. are there any metal bands that are just all about the sex, all screaming and yelling about getting all wet and sweaty with other naked servants of our lord satan?

the actual answer to this question is probably steel panther but they're lame so i'm going to take this chance to talk about cam girl. they're not metal but their s/t was one of my fav albums this year. really fun, somewhere between stoner rock and punk, aggressively horny to the point where it needs nsfw warnings cause it like opens with an orgasm sample and is all about sex, ends with a britney spears cover

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Manowar and Kiss lol

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Count Thrashula posted:

It's true, I love dungeon synth and slam for those exact reasons. I already release dungeon synth music, I might as well get into the slam game.

Anyway, on a different topic, I forgot how much this year's Horrendous release kicks loving rear end

post your stuff

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Not exactly what you wanted, and I don't think they kept up the gimmick, but everyone should check out Brojob at least once:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hth_i5-K7Qc

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

ShoogaSlim posted:

post your stuff

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Note:

I can also play guitar and bass. I can't do vocals. So if somebody wants to write some stuff, I can play\record everything except the vocals and mix it all together for funsies.

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Count Thrashula posted:

Post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgEUfqstnr0

https://theherbalists.bandcamp.com/

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
yes but have you guys come up with the most important part of a slam band? the offensive name?

poo poo like Lowtax's Bullet

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

stab posted:

yes but have you guys come up with the most important part of a slam band? the offensive name?

Have to be something like Incestibule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

stab posted:

Tbh I think Vilerat is a pretty perfect name, but I'm also gonna nominate Orphans of Kyanka and Shmorky's Shame just to be safe. Maybe Fecal Lasagna as a fun throwback?