Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GateOfD posted:

what's the deal with the drawings of the bodies in the last half, even Takimura. I thought he wasn't doing weight control anymore, it looks out of proportion

No he still does weight control, it’s just easier now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GateOfD posted:

what's the deal with the drawings of the bodies in the last half, even Takimura. I thought he wasn't doing weight control anymore, it looks out of proportion

That's what you get from a diet of beer & shrooms. It may even shrink your balls!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
First smartphones and social media, now he's catching up on 20 years of memes:

How long until we get a miniarc about Takamura gambling on his own matches with the cryptocurrency Wanpocoin?

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Takes No Damage posted:

First smartphones and social media, now he's catching up on 20 years of memes:

How long until we get a miniarc about Takamura gambling on his own matches with the cryptocurrency Wanpocoin?

My coin is dynamite, boom boom boom

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Can you imagine the smell of that room in the end :stonk:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'd rather imagine the second half of this chapter just doesn't exist.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Rubellavator posted:

Can't believe all you posters hating on functionally retarded dick jokes.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Bisse posted:

Can't believe all you posters hating on functionally retarded dick jokes.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Rubellavator posted:

we have masssively different senses of humor lol

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Frabba posted:

My coin is dynamite, boom boom boom

Everyone goes broke from one crash crash crash

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rubellavator posted:

Coward.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
But why does he wear a thong?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

But why does he wear a thong?

He doesn't want to show underwear lines.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
chapter 1443
:shroom:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
hahahajajahsjshsshshahaha

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmfao

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i love this trio

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Hot take: I hate the dick jokes

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GateOfD posted:

Hot take: I hate the dick jokes

Hating the great king's dick jokes every day. The world will surely be shooketh.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ippos dick is funny but takemuras isnt

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

Ippos dick is funny but takemuras isnt

Anime Directly to Readers Worldwide › Hajime no Ippo: They're all jealous of Ippo's enormous hog

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Lol what's 20 by 6
Love these dumbasses

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
i caught up on the manga over the last 2-3 weeks after falling off of it around 2005ish

got hit by a loving mac truck with the sudden appearance of samsung galaxy phones

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Also Miguel is probably the worst trainer in the series because he was putting up Wally as a sacrifice to the boxing gods, literally burning the kid up at the altar

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Ricardo would kick Takamura's rear end if they were in the same weight class. I don't care what George says, since George has now added twitter in this serious Pre-Y2K period-piece manga.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Desumaytah posted:

Ricardo would kick Takamura's rear end if they were in the same weight class. I don't care what George says, since George has now added twitter in this serious Pre-Y2K period-piece manga.

Takamura literally defeated a bear.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Are you saying that Ricardo wouldn't have taken apart that bear with solid fundamentals

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Desumaytah posted:

Assuming they fought at a weight class where neither was at a physique disadvantage I always figured it would basically be a mirror match of perfectly honed fundamentals and superior everythingness ontop of a superior level killer natural instinct.

Then I read the recent chapter of Takemura and his gang of dick joke lovers, and there is no defeating Takemura, he is too powerful...Banned after a single post on Thwitter.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Desumaytah posted:

He defeated a room full of people in, and in Mashiba's case above, Ricardo's weight class that one time - after he'd just had a match.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

edogawa rando posted:

He defeated a room full of people in, and in Mashiba's case above, Ricardo's weight class that one time - after he'd just had a match.

Yes but Takamura was still above their weight class.

Anyway I am pretty sure Ricardo is the best Pound for Pound. He gave his rankings fairly early on, and Takamura has struggled against many opponents compared to Ricardo who has not. Wally was the first person to present a semi serious challenge to him, and Ricardo still has not been downed once in an official match.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yes but Takamura was still above their weight class.

Anyway I am pretty sure Ricardo is the best Pound for Pound. He gave his rankings fairly early on, and Takamura has struggled against many opponents compared to Ricardo who has not. Wally was the first person to present a semi serious challenge to him, and Ricardo still has not been downed once in an official match.

Yeah, but he's also Takamura. Takamura, uh... finds a way.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Takamura would kill Ricardo, revive him, and then kill him again and make fun of his dick

Because Takamura is a hero

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think he'd do that

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I’ve been re-reading the entire series up until this point in its original language, and there was an interesting point regarding Kamogawa as a coach.

I’m at vol 133, and Takamura actually calls him out for his lack of advice, and Kamogawa makes a very good point: basically he tells Takamura to eat poo poo, and highlights his day-to-day lack of training, and questions if he’d even be able to put any technical and strategic discussion crammed into a 1-minute interval into action once the bell for the next round begins. He then asks Takamura if he can overcome his disdain for training in a minute, and master some new tactics in about 30 seconds, so of course all he can offer is to tell him to push through with his 根性 and 気合.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

tbf, that's what the other coaches do for the other side as well.

they either tell their boxer to also try to push thru, or stall

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I think it’s a very good point that noone will remember a tactics discussion once the bell rings.

However, you will learn by doing, so what you’d normally do is practice a situation, discuss what went wrong, and practice again, repeat until it sticks. Ippo’s coaches seem to relegate this mostly to uncommon spars, and the rest focuses on bodybuilding and punching mitts and bags, which, in my opinion, explains many of Ippo’s dumb strats in the ring.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Kunabomber posted:

Are you saying that Ricardo wouldn't have taken apart that bear with solid fundamentals

it is even a plot point within the Bear Fight that this would not work!!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://mangadex.org/chapter/022b6f65-b500-41e5-b4fc-bc0808c66bad

New one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
edit: something wrong on my end wtf

nope ok it just ends there. WTF lol