Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Eva let me pick up the Festival of the Lost quest from her, so she's just aggressively pushing capitalist guardian holiday celebrations at the behest of her corporate overlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Dawning is 3 weeks and I don't see why they would have changed that this year. Trailer still says Jan 2 end date

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The rocket sidearm from the dungeon is amazing, it feels great to casually swat down the boomer knights in the Crota fight from the other side of the arena while barely even aiming.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I threw like six hundred shards at Eva to buy the Dawning stuff I missed. The one sparrow is tuned to 160 instead of 190

Also lol I got a reconstruction + precision instrument Doomed Petitioner so boss dps problems solved forever

Paracelsus posted:

The rocket sidearm from the dungeon is amazing, it feels great to casually swat down the boomer knights in the Crota fight from the other side of the arena while barely even aiming.

It's borderline busted, you can stagger some enemies forever with it, I love it. It can roll with homing rounds!

e: Lol so the Dawning sucks huh, especially with the weekly missions. The season's kind of a fart so far outside the very good Dungeon

RIP Harbingers btw, and also lol how Crow Regrets Nothing

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 13, 2023

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The quest for the Dawning Memento is SUPER easy. Looks like they took the complaints about the FotL one being an utter pain to heart, because the Dawning one is basically just "get a bunch of snowball kills and then give Eva some cookies" and you get your memento.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Epic Games Store is giving away a bunch of free stuff for Christmas, and one of the items is the Destiny 2 Legacy Collection- Shadowkeep, Beyond Light, and Witch Queen (basically all the fully intact non-seasonal content prior to Lightfall)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

haveblue posted:

The Epic Games Store is giving away a bunch of free stuff for Christmas, and one of the items is the Destiny 2 Legacy Collection- Shadowkeep, Beyond Light, and Witch Queen (basically all the fully intact non-seasonal content prior to Lightfall)

Reminder that Epic is considered a separate platform than Steam so you’d need to have a separate whole Destiny 2 install on epic to use the content from those expansions. You can keep/use the weapons and armor but classes (Stasis) and locations/dungeons are locked to the platform you own the content in.

(Seasons are cross-platform)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Solar bonk titan with severance enclosure is very fun this season with stacking scorch and ignition fragments, and the artifact mods

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

ex post facho posted:

Solar bonk titan with severance enclosure is very fun this season with stacking scorch and ignition fragments, and the artifact mods

I really wish I enjoyed the solar warlock playstyle more, because Dawn Chorus is just ridiculous with the mods right now. I am having a lot of fun with a stasis Osiomancy glove build, though, especially when paired with the new strand fusion and a solar exotic primary. Everything in my general proximity is perpetually frozen, on fire, and/or being eaten alive by bugs.

filmcynic fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 13, 2023

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
They didn't make a cookie for Nimbus lmao get hosed loser

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Oh poo poo i forgot sunshot exists

filmcynic posted:

I really wish I enjoyed the solar warlock playstyle more, because Dawn Chorus is just ridiculous with the mods right now. I am having a lot of fun with a stasis Osiomancy glove build, though, especially when paired with the new strand fusion and a solar exotic primary. Everything in my general proximity is perpetually frozen, on fire, and/or being eaten alive by bugs.

Yeah I agree, I detest playing solar lock; I usually main voidlock. Solar titan feels way different, and burning maul makes nova bomb look like a chump super. Titans just feel incredibly strong with all the overshields and since Restoration and Cure are available everywhere having a rift feels much less important in pve and pvp.

I do love my lock but feel like they're in desperate need of an overhaul that will never come at the end of the game's lifespan.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 13, 2023

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ex post facho posted:

Oh poo poo i forgot sunshot exists

Sunshot RULES this season. An absolute trash killing monster.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

They didn't make a cookie for Nimbus lmao get hosed loser
Nor Riven now she's easier to get to. I remember earlier today feeling like they haven't updated it for this year, because neither of the two seasonal activities drop snowballs or progress the dawning quests.

Mesadoram posted:

The solar HC you get from the Unveiling mission (Epochal Integration) is great as well. Anything with incandescent alongside this season's artifact feels like just explosion after explosion.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Yeah there’s no new ingredient for Strand kills either. They absolutely just copy-pasted this 1:1 from previous years.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The solar HC you get from the Unveiling mission (Epochal Integration) is great as well. Anything with incandescent alongside this season's artifact feels like just explosion after explosion.

I totally forgot that exists, gotta play around with it next time I am on.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Mesadoram posted:

If you've done Kingsfall you can craft a legendary one too.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Horsebanger posted:

Sadly I don't raid, bit yeah that thing looks like a monster.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Cookies for Nimbus would have RAD or EXTREME in the name. Riven cookies are Ghostberry Cookies.

Hand Cannons have had such a great glow up. They went from never use to being one of my favourite PvE weapon types. As mentioned before Epochal Integration is really good, as is Zaouli's Bane from King's Fall. But outside of solar there's just a tonne of great ones. Like Waking Vigil and Cantata are both great Arc HCs.

I do rather like the Dreaming City refreshed weapons. Some banger perks on them now.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

the fact there's no new cookies nor an ingredient for strand damage is pretty :effort:

also this week featuring a repeat of oracle engine was kind of lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

syntaxfunction posted:

Cookies for Nimbus would have RAD or EXTREME in the name. Riven cookies are Ghostberry Cookies.

Hand Cannons have had such a great glow up. They went from never use to being one of my favourite PvE weapon types. As mentioned before Epochal Integration is really good, as is Zaouli's Bane from King's Fall. But outside of solar there's just a tonne of great ones. Like Waking Vigil and Cantata are both great Arc HCs.

I do rather like the Dreaming City refreshed weapons. Some banger perks on them now.

I have the trials hand cannon with fragile focus and opening shot and the trials shotty with one two punch and both have become my workhouse weapons for when I don't give a poo poo

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

Hand Cannons have had such a great glow up. They went from never use to being one of my favourite PvE weapon types.
Trust is also pretty great, although it does mean playing Gambit. Frontier's cry is also pretty good although I don't think it's in Iron Banner rotation any more.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Giving Nimbus cookies would also mean giving Caiatl cookies since she's on the same map. Osiris doesn't get cookies, he needs a visit from the three ghosts of christmas

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Man that one guy sure did flare up then burn out real fast. PvP will do that.

Hey the Coil is pretty cool, I hope that one poster who didn’t like the spike trap figured out what the jump key is. It’s a great source of materials and since this week doesn’t have togetherness it’s extremely easy to get plat.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I had to leave the thread for a while to go blind until I could run the new dungeon, I can't believe I missed two meltdowns that resulted in bans. :(

Anyway the dungeon is cool as heck.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Regarding the Coil I've actually been enjoying running it solo. I'm a trash player who is easily distracted (and has a new kitty who loves distracting me) but I can still reliably get to three runs of the Coil solo, especially with the artifact perk allowing for way more solo damage. I'm sure if I actually practiced and paid more attention to things that 4 runs for plat wouldn't be out of the question. There's a tonne of enemies, but in terms of power level it's similar to a Master Lost Sector. It's getting swarmed that really sucks lol

But also if you go solo or with a team you don't have to worry about other randos using 7 lives on the same spike trap mimic chest! :v:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

TheTrend posted:

Hey the Coil is pretty cool, I hope that one poster who didn’t like the spike trap figured out what the jump key is. It’s a great source of materials and since this week doesn’t have togetherness it’s extremely easy to get plat.

I still hate spike traps, but I got two platinum runs by setting them up with in-game LFG so yay.

Matchmade Coil is still a trash fire, at least in OCE TZ, but I did stumble into a plat run by joining someone who was on the last boss.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

MJeff posted:

I had to leave the thread for a while to go blind until I could run the new dungeon, I can't believe I missed two meltdowns that resulted in bans. :(

For a chaser, editor went on to continue their meltdown in the Serious Overchill discord and got banned there as well.

And yes it is. I didn't like Duality at first, but I've grown to appreciate it. I didn't like Ghosts and still don't. But Warlord I liked right from the start.

The bosses are still huge blobs of hitpoints, but the balance between time spent doing mechanics and time allowed for damage is much better.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Seconding Epochal Integration. It's amazing and then leaves me able to use Dragon's Breath or Forerunner (which is super for shield piercing/barrier champs if using the pistol artifact mod).
I forgot how I got it, though, so thanks for the reminder on that mission so my friend can get it, too.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Horsebanger posted:

If you've done Kingsfall () then you can get a () one to be smug about never using for 18 months and finally pull it out when noone is watching you resort to using a hand cannon... Hypothetically.

MJeff posted:

hell yeah, new dungeon rules - and blind dungeons are good :)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Collateral Damage posted:

For a chaser, editor went on to continue their meltdown in the Serious Overchill discord and got banned there as well.

Hey - this isn't exactly what happened. I'll ask folk not to go over fine details in this thread. I wasn't there so don't want to speak on it too much myself. Let's just let that guy evaporate, and if he pesters anyone again, or comes back in here and kicks off, let the mod team know ASAP.

Cheers m'dears :cheers:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VodeAndreas posted:

hell yeah, new dungeon rules - and blind dungeons are good :)

I've done all of the dungeons blind with the same team since Grasp -- this time, we had to wait like two weeks because one of us was on a honeymoon, and it was totally worth it. Stumbling around in the jail cells for like 15 minutes before we finally figured it out was probably one of my favorite moments in a decade of playing this game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MJeff posted:

I've done all of the dungeons blind with the same team since Grasp -- this time, we had to wait like two weeks because one of us was on a honeymoon, and it was totally worth it. Stumbling around in the jail cells for like 15 minutes before we finally figured it out was probably one of my favorite moments in a decade of playing this game.

I have like eight friends playing now so we had two groups doing it blind (some weren't online lol rip them) - my group got stuck there for like 30 minutes because we didn't realize the skeleton wasn't just a gag. The other group got stuck on the final boss for an hour because they don't play Titans and don't instinctively punch everything in the face and we all were lmao

The best thing about it though is the traversal sections aren't too long and are also very fun

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

HopperUK posted:

Hey - this isn't exactly what happened. I'll ask folk not to go over fine details in this thread. I wasn't there so don't want to speak on it too much myself. Let's just let that guy evaporate, and if he pesters anyone again, or comes back in here and kicks off, let the mod team know ASAP.

Cheers m'dears :cheers:

Man....... I was literally about to red text and Avatar him to hell and back when ya'll banned him. Then I get busy for like A DAY and he comes back and ya'll ban the guy again.

Don't get me wrong, he was a literal blight on this thread and i'm glad..... But I wanted to red text him........ YOU COULD HAVE MADE MONEY OFF OF ME!

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

MJeff posted:

Spent far too long in those jail cells, mainly because I was obsessed with the upstairs passage and why it was there (the answer is purely for less than 3 players when all the non-corridor doors are open and that lets you over the top)

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

VodeAndreas posted:

Spent far too long in those jail cells, mainly because I was obsessed with the upstairs passage and why it was there (the answer is purely for less than 3 players when all the non-corridor doors are open and that lets you over the top)

to be fair, you were in the non-bone observing position

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Horsebanger posted:

to be fair, you were in the non-bone observing position

The..... Non Bone Zone as it were?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol ran into a two man group using four exotics between them in Trials

Thanks Bungie

e: Game two had a hunter pick himself up to punch me in the head lol. Every other game until I got the challenge done just had nobody but double adept weapon teams, both mine and theirs, so I might be the last human on earth without every going flawless lmao

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 15, 2023

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol ran into a two man group using four exotics between them in Trials

Thanks Bungie

e: Game two had a hunter pick himself up to punch me in the head lol. Every other game until I got the challenge done just had nobody but double adept weapon teams, both mine and theirs, so I might be the last human on earth without every going flawless lmao

Nah, I've never gone flawless and I would KILL for the ships from it. Could care less about the sparrows but drat I want a ship.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's been nice to use non-AoT sparrows that I enjoy the feel of better, like Hecuba-S and the starhorse one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dead Like Rev posted:

Nah, I've never gone flawless and I would KILL for the ships from it. Could care less about the sparrows but drat I want a ship.

oh this ol' thing?

I've gone flawless a handful of times and not thanks to my skills. the trick is to have a couple of cracked friends to carry your rear end on a saturday morning when all the sweats are asleep. That's the magic hour of trials.