Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Polish mechanic living in Norway gets the 2023 Blueprint Whistleblowing Prize for producing the Tesla Files

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/paludan-stifter-teatertrup-komme-uden-om-koranlov

It's not polemicizing, it's performance art!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

he can talk to Dan Park about how effective that sort of make-believe shield really is.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Say what you will, he knows what he's doing and he's persistent. I'm basically hoping for a stroke at this point

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

BonHair posted:

Say what you will, he knows what he's doing and he's persistent. I'm basically hoping for a stroke at this point

Didn't he already have one and that's why he's so, you know, Like This?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

jeebus bob posted:

Didn't he already have one and that's why he's so, you know, Like This?

Yeah it's actually pretty sad. But I'm hoping for either something that kills him or leaves him at the mercy of nurses and sosuer.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

ulvir posted:

he can talk to Dan Park about how effective that sort of make-believe shield really is.

So he'll get to burn the Qur'an inside parliament, is what you're saying.

Edit: I'm referencing the time "persecuted Swedish artist" Dan Park got to exhibit on Christiansborg with sitting ministers in attendance.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 14, 2023

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/edvinalpros/status/1734481016113270825?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

I read it first as Bali having a Tesla. I was mistaken but lol you’d have to be absolutely brain dead to stand with Tesla on this issue.

https://twitter.com/katwithav/status/1734707758363001139?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 13, 2023

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Scandinavia: Ett konkret hot mot min exfrus semesterresa

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://omni.se/s-gangkopplade-bor-kunna-visiteras-utan-misstanke/a/2B6RG4

Even the alleged left-wing party is throwing more fuel into the fascism train.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Left-wing lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

anatomi posted:

Left-wing lol

I know, S are actually lovely neolibs, but they get treated as if they were left-wing.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

anatomi posted:

Left-wing lol

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Jack Trades posted:

https://omni.se/s-gangkopplade-bor-kunna-visiteras-utan-misstanke/a/2B6RG4

Even the alleged left-wing party is throwing more fuel into the fascism train.

That is loving dumb. But I keep wondering what should be done about the rise in both the amount and brutality of crime in Sweden and Norway? And the fact that the perpetrators keep getting younger?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Mordekai posted:

That is loving dumb. But I keep wondering what should be done about the rise in both the amount and brutality of crime in Sweden and Norway? And the fact that the perpetrators keep getting younger?

The good answer is to make sure everyone has what they need and a good future ahead of them. Very few people do crime, especially violent crime, just because. So upping the social safety net, integration efforts, better education and so on.
And for violence, doing something about the alcohol culture surely can't hurt.

Sorry, I'm getting something in my ear? Yeah, sorry, what I meant was harsher punishments.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BonHair posted:

The good answer is to make sure everyone has what they need and a good future ahead of them. Very few people do crime, especially violent crime, just because. So upping the social safety net, integration efforts, better education and so on.
And for violence, doing something about the alcohol culture surely can't hurt.

Okay, but have you considered that all of that costs a lot of money to do.
Tax money that's much much better redistributed into the pockets of my bougie friends, so they can finally buy their second summer home in Spain.

We didn't öppnade våra hjärtan so that we could waste all that money we made wage-dumping on the loving proles.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The government presented its extremely unpopular 10.7 billion DKK tax cuts today and the state prosecutor dropped its investgation of four cops who had been violently harassing a Syrian family for years, but conveniently a terrorism appeared.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Mordekai posted:

Well according to https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/y6Aam2/irena-pozar-hyckleri-nar-manniskor-dor-pa-jobbet , the amount of people killed by gangs is the same as people dying at work. So maybe we should have the police focus on secretly listening in on employers and stop suspected ones from being in public places, without evidence. I fully support a stop and frisk program for suspected company owners.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
Israel and Germany are claiming the attempted terrorists were Hamas

lol

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Esran posted:

lol

Israel is going to flatten Denmark now, right? Telling the danes to flee over the bridge or into Germany if they want to live. Then blow up the bridge.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Esran posted:

lol

PET says there's no connection between the Danish arrests and the cases in the Netherlands and Germany. The arraignment is double-plus secret apparently, so we probably won't know more for a long while.

Also lol, KhCHhhHkamas? Are you kidding me?

Edit: Seems totally legit. Guess the genocide is good now.

https://www.ft.com/content/59aa3b2f-80bf-4d66-b572-c14a4280a6ad

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 14, 2023

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Hel posted:

Well according to https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/y6Aam2/irena-pozar-hyckleri-nar-manniskor-dor-pa-jobbet , the amount of people killed by gangs is the same as people dying at work. So maybe we should have the police focus on secretly listening in on employers and stop suspected ones from being in public places, without evidence. I fully support a stop and frisk program for suspected company owners.

Considering how entrenched organized crime is in construction it would probably be a good idea if it would be focused on construction companies and the cops were accompanied by inspectors from Arbetsmiljöverket.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Potrzebie posted:

Israel is going to flatten Denmark now, right?

They're also gonna burn all the olive groves in Sahara

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Potrzebie posted:

Israel is going to flatten Denmark now, right?

But late for *that*.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

But late for *that*.
I'm still convinced Malmö built Turning Torso entirely to spite Denmark by having a building taller than their entire country.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Collateral Damage posted:

I'm still convinced Malmö built Turning Torso entirely to spite Denmark by having a building taller than their entire country.
But Denmark is taller than both Norway and Sweden...

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
The highest point in Denmark is a *dairy farm*.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B8lleh%C3%B8j

The millstone marks the highest spot in DK at 170.86m

The residents of said lofty height

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 17, 2023

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

So a house with stairs? (Do you have stairs in your house?)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Wrong, it's Gunnbjørn Fjeld.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Rust Martialis posted:

Goddamned mountain monkeys.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

But Denmark is taller than both Norway and Sweden...
Greenland doesn't count. :colbert:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Greenland doesn't count. :colbert:
As long as we're a monarchy, it does. We're the Kingdom of Denmark, not the Danish Republic.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

A Buttery Pastry posted:

As long as we're a monarchy, it does. We're the Kingdom of Denmark, not the Danish Republic.

Eh, you don't treat greenlanders like danes people so...

Also, it was Norwegian until you stole it. You were probably jealous because you didn't have any national minorities to oppress...

... if you don't include your plantations in the Caribbean and the slave trading posts on the Ivory Coast obviously

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Anders posted:

Also, it was Norwegian until you stole it. You were probably jealous because you didn't have any national minorities to oppress...

... if you don't include your plantations in the Caribbean and the slave trading posts on the Ivory Coast obviously

Norway has uuuhhh history with some of that slave trading stuff ourselves, so let's not bang that drum too hard.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Nice piece of fish posted:

Norway has uuuhhh history with some of that slave trading stuff ourselves, so let's not bang that drum too hard.

I assume you're talking about the Norse and thralls? 'cause that was about 800 years prior, and thralls weren't traded in any extent afaik

We did participate thanks to being in a personal union with the Danes, but Norwegian ships and sailors were the exception rather than the rule

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Statare was a thing in Sweden long into the 20th century and many of them were de facto serfs, while not chattel slavery we don’t have to look back far for this sort of thing. (Or at all if looking outside of what is legal)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Anders posted:

We should though. As long as we claim sovereignty over the territory and people of Greenland, we should treat it as being just as much a part of Denmark as any other territory, rather than accept the notion of it "not really being Danish".

Nice piece of fish posted:

[quote="Anders" post="536614107"]
I assume you're talking about the Norse and thralls? 'cause that was about 800 years prior, and thralls weren't traded in any extent afaik

We did participate thanks to being in a personal union with the Danes, but Norwegian ships and sailors were the exception rather than the rule
Do you think the average Dane was involved? Norway was just as complicit as Denmark in our colonialism and slavery. Hell, "Danish" slavery in the Caribbean was started by a Norwegian merchant from Bergen, even if it was obviously at the behest of the Danish king. The Kingdom of Denmark-Norway was a partnership between (upper-class) equals, which explains why the Norwegian upper class immediately attempted to rejoin Denmark at the end of the Napoleonic wars.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Norway was just as complicit as Denmark in our colonialism and slavery

I tried once to confirm this but didn't find any sources to back this up (I was trying to argue that Norway has just as dark a past under colonialism as other European nations). But I'd be happy if you have any sources that Norway was as bad as Denmark I'd appreciate it

A Buttery Pastry posted:

which explains why the Norwegian upper class immediately attempted to rejoin Denmark at the end of the Napoleonic wars.

This is cherry-picking worse than my original joke - the upper class in Norway consisted mostly of Danes. Henrik Wergeland called the period "400 years of Darkness" just 20 years after Norway was ceded to Sweden, so it was far from a popular notion

But, it was intended as a dark joke and not a serious post. I'm not really funny though, so I can understand the confusion

We can discuss Color Climax instead if you like? Or what didn't become illegal before 2015

edit: Jørgen Thormøhlen was born in Holstein when that was a part of the Danish crown lands, if we're getting technical about it

Anders fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 18, 2023

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Yeah I'm not sure any country in Europe comes off well in a game of "crimes of empire", which makes it a silly game to play if you don't have a point to go with it. Maybe there is one country somewhere that somehow missed out on all the plundering, but it's not Norway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Anders posted:

We don't treat lots of citizens and residents like people though?

Edit: Germany famously missed out on the plundering for a while?

BonHair fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 18, 2023