Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
No

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

lmao

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
jimstare.gif

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

John Krasinski achieving the Ideas Guy dream of lazy nerds everywhere.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

oh man this looks awesome

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Maybe it'll be good? They got Judge Reinhold and John Ashton back.

I legit thought John Ashton was long dead. Dude already looked really old by part 2.

MikeJF posted:

Is it explicitly a semi adaptation of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, or just a ripoff.

Oh this looks like a MASSIVE ripoff of Foster's or it'll do a thing and have Ryan Reynolds be the grown up kid, and according to Wikipedia his character is just called "The Man Upstairs", a creepy serial killer name.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 14, 2023

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jiro posted:

I legit thought John Ashton was long dead. Dude already looked really old by part 2.

Right?? :lol:

Crazy he was only 36.

The balding doesn't help.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Right?? :lol:

Crazy he was only 36.

The balding doesn't help.

:stare: That's a hard life already lived if he's only 36 by that time.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
jesus, im 50 and i dont expect to look like that till im 80

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lmao it's like the Cheers cast.

That guy being 12 years younger than me is hilarious.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The receding hairline+mustache easily adds 15 years to your appearance. Carl from ATHF was only like 25 in the show!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
ew Jonah Ray stop being in stuff I'm into :smith:

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's like all those memes about the Golden Girls with modern hairstyles.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Gotta start coming way later to skip the trailers cuz if I have to see the aquaman or argyle trailers again I might lose my mind...feels like they've been in rotation for years. Moviepass driving me to the brink of insanity.
And of course regal has commercials between the trailers now.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Gotta start coming way later to skip the trailers cuz if I have to see the aquaman or argyle trailers again I might lose my mind...feels like they've been in rotation for years. Moviepass driving me to the brink of insanity.

AMC, too. Absolutely infuriating.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

My choice to stop going to movie theaters since Rise of Skywalker continues to pay off for my sanity.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Manta's different now, he's more powerful than before

Edit: At least Regal got rid of their absolutely insanely cringe movie quotes trailer, where half of the movie quotes were used in situations that didnt make sense and with zero creative flow. Now its a pretty nice electronic beat unlimited commercial that is much shorter

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im going to kill aquaman and destroy everything he holds dear

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm going to kill Aquaman and destroy everything he holds dear.

I guess.

Edit: gently caress, beaten lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I feel like I've been seeing that Bob Marley movie trailer for a year and it's not even out until next year! lmao

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I look forward to seeing the trailer for that movie with the two conventionally attractive white people being like "woah wouldn't it be crazy if we pretended we were together?? Wait...are we getting attracted to each other for real??" for the next eight months.
I stopped getting the Marley trailer lol

I was also surprised seeing Silent Night yesterday and having like, two out of five trailers be pretty corny-looking Blumhouse movies but I guess they churn out lower budget horror. I'm appreciative when it's something decent.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I swore off biopics. Then I saw Oppenheimer and I was probably like 20 minutes in before I realized oh yeah this is technically a biopic whoops

also we definitely have decent Blumhouse horror on the way

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Jerkface posted:

Edit: At least Regal got rid of their absolutely insanely cringe movie quotes trailer, where half of the movie quotes were used in situations that didnt make sense and with zero creative flow. Now its a pretty nice electronic beat unlimited commercial that is much shorter

God I hated that one. I don’t get to too many movies in theaters these days but I’m glad that wretched thing is gone.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It was so horrible I eventually got desensitized to it...now that musical ad with the two guys from Scrubs, thank god those didn't run for ages

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

kiimo posted:

Well to be fair the old people lolin at the young people caring about Five Nights At Freddy's is the same thing. I think let people like what they want.

I've been baffled my entire life at people genuinely caring about Power Rangers or Pokemon but no sense laughing about it.

I got a youtube ad about pokemon cards and how it was a family friendly game. I didn't know they still made those they were banned in my school when I was like eight

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

ew Jonah Ray stop being in stuff I'm into :smith:

That's Jonah Ray? He looks better now than when I bothered to watch his podcast like 12 years ago lol

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayPesvG86gE

Renny Harlin is back making English language movies again

High Warlord Zog fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 15, 2023

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The Peccadillo posted:

I got a youtube ad about pokemon cards and how it was a family friendly game. I didn't know they still made those they were banned in my school when I was like eight

People got knifed in Targets over pokemon cards in 2021.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

High Warlord Zog posted:

Stoked for BRICKLAYER VS BEEKEEPER in a few years

RISE OF THE MASON BEES

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

I feel like I've been seeing that Bob Marley movie trailer for a year and it's not even out until next year! lmao

The funniest thing about that trailer is how hard they're still going into stuff that was mocked relentlessly 16 years ago in Walk Hard.

Shageletic posted:

That's Jonah Ray? He looks better now than when I bothered to watch his podcast like 12 years ago lol

A couple of years ago he lost a ton of weight. Like he was never heavy but now he's down right scrawny.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Byzantine posted:

People got knifed in Targets over pokemon cards in 2021.

Beanie Baby rear end poo poo

Although a kid on my street got a holographic Charizard which I think is worth a couple grand nowadays. But no way is it mint condition because he was loving seven and swapped it for a Squirtle or some poo poo and it got eaten by a dog because he spilled some peanut butter on it, probably

Lived a normal life of a child's toy

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 15, 2023

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

The funniest thing about that trailer is how hard they're still going into stuff that was mocked relentlessly 16 years ago in Walk Hard.

Having seen the Bob Marley trailer numerous times, it jumps out to me that it might actually be good because Marley actually did stuff with his life. It won't just be about how he had drug problems and/or his label screwed him over.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this! posted:

That's pretty much every music biopic except the parody ones like Popstar and the Weird Al one. For example, I enjoyed Love and Mercy, but with Elvis, I was thinking about Walk Hard the entire time. Walk Hard is just a perfect movie IMO and has ruined most music biopics for me.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

High Warlord Zog posted:

Why does it look so cheap?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

We've talked about the trailer for The Zone of Interest a few times in here. I think I said that the first one didn't really get me excited about it until I saw Glazer's credit at the end, at which point I was sold for whatever it was. Someone else mentioned people in their film audience making quips about "how was that supposed to make me interested" and I kind of understood.

I just saw what the film is about in the headline for Variety's review and WHAT. I feel really stupid but I did not realize that's what the film was about at all. Like, I thought it was just some surreal family drama. Jonathan Glazer's version of Dogtooth. What the gently caress the real premise sounds way more intense. Glad I saw that headline. Going into the movie with my previous expectations probably would have hit me like a truck.

Watching the trailer again, the uniforms are in a couple shots. Not sure how I missed them before.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Bugblatter posted:

We've talked about the trailer for The Zone of Interest a few times in here. I think I said that the first one didn't really get me excited about it until I saw Glazer's credit at the end, at which point I was sold for whatever it was. Someone else mentioned people in their film audience making quips about "how was that supposed to make me interested" and I kind of understood.

I just saw what the film is about in the headline for Variety's review and WHAT. I feel really stupid but I did not realize that's what the film was about at all. Like, I thought it was just some surreal family drama. Jonathan Glazer's version of Dogtooth. What the gently caress the real premise sounds way more intense. Glad I saw that headline. Going into the movie with my previous expectations probably would have hit me like a truck.

Watching the trailer again, the uniforms are in a couple shots. Not sure how I missed them before.

I also really noticed this haunting audio in the BG of that trailer (literally in the background visually too). Then I read a THR article today where they talked about how there's two films going on. The one you see in front of you and the one you hear behind them. Really unnerving poo poo.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I just watched the second trailer for the first time and it's a lot more apparent there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rageaholic posted:

That movie looks so bad lol