Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I’m only slightly grumpy about the two-packs, I won’t be mad to get any of those figures, it’s a strong lineup.

In other news my two year old has taken an interest in Thundercats. Mostly she just wants to dance to the kickass theme song, but she is also a fan of Mumm-Ra the Ever Living because he has a dog. Now she keeps trying to argue with me that she’s big enough to play with my very expensive Thundercats toys. What have I done??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I’m only slightly grumpy about the two-packs, I won’t be mad to get any of those figures, it’s a strong lineup.

In other news my two year old has taken an interest in Thundercats. Mostly she just wants to dance to the kickass theme song, but she is also a fan of Mumm-Ra the Ever Living because he has a dog. Now she keeps trying to argue with me that she’s big enough to play with my very expensive Thundercats toys. What have I done??

Show her ‘Aliens’ and then buy her the vintage Kenner Aliens toys and the NECA remakes, you coward.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

If it's a Wolverine 50th anniversary, what's Patch doing there? I know he features in a few Wolverine comics but it's not like you ever see them hanging out together.

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

Uncanny 256 was the first X-Men comic I ever bought so I'm definitely on the hook for that Psylocke.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Show her ‘Aliens’ and then buy her the vintage Kenner Aliens toys and the NECA remakes, you coward.

I don’t have to buy those Kenner toys because I still have them all :cool:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Sanschel posted:

God what a poo poo corporate thing to do. “Be happy and sell the product, don’t think about your friends and coworkers we just canned, just sell the product.”

I got a pretty good chuckle out of Dwight's silent protest wearing black and hitting them with a bah humbug.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Who's that all the way to the left?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I don’t have to buy those Kenner toys because I still have them all :cool:
Quality parenting right here.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Who's that all the way to the left?

That's Psylocke in her pre-ninja armored suit. Definitely high on the want list for a lot of people!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I assumed that was some Lady Stryfe character I was unfamiliar with.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

DisposableHero posted:

Is there any functional method for removing smells like that from plastic/rubber?

Soak them in acetone. 100% guaranteed to remove any smell. :unsmigghh:

Don't actually do this.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sanschel posted:

I’ve had luck with the ziplock & dryer sheet method for some lightly smelly Legends, but I once ordered a baf Onslaught via eBay whose cigarette stink was so offensively strong I had to immediately reseal the box and returned it for a refund. What’s worse is I’d messaged the seller before buying and he assured me it was from a smoke free home, then when I asked the the refund he said, “my bad, I keep the stuff I sell in a box in the guest room closet and I didn’t think the smell would get to them” :jerkbag:

lol a few years ago I got a book from Yahoo Japan auctions and when it came I could smell the loving cigarette smoke before I opened the package. It was horrific.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That's Psylocke in her pre-ninja armored suit. Definitely high on the want list for a lot of people!

She could be a Deathbird down the line maybe

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

She could be a Deathbird down the line maybe

I hope we get another X-Men wave of all Generation X and Space Weirdos soon!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Oh, didn't recognize her, thought her armor was purple back in the day. Was wondering when wolverine dressed up as doctor polaris.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh, didn't recognize her, thought her armor was purple back in the day. Was wondering when wolverine dressed up as doctor polaris.

After she was body swapped by the mandarin, she's in that armor for the few issues before she joins up with wolverine and jubilee.

Still waiting on a capt Britain Betsy hasbro...

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Here's better images of the Psylocke figure:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1735336015210910188

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Louisgod posted:

Yeah some of the character choices were a bit odd. Nobody asked for a second ninja Wolverine but fans DO want Albert, and they absolutely do want an 80's costume Psylocke. Still wanting on Deathbird.

Classic Betsy
Armored Outback Betsy
Updated re-release Jim Lee Betsy
Captain Britain Betsy
Crimson Dawn Betsy
I'm sure there are some costumes in the 2010's that would have been better.

The "wore this for an issue" figure should be strictly a wolverine thing if they must do it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
At this point Hasbro should create a nude buck with like 5 snap-on costumes for popular characters but that would cut into their bottom line of charging for A New Hat or whatever minor update they do a year later.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Louisgod posted:

At this point Hasbro should create a nude buck with like 5 snap-on costumes for popular characters

This would be a great April fool's announcement for kitty pryde.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

iceyman posted:

The "wore this for an issue" figure should be strictly a wolverine thing if they must do it.

Wow, we get it, you hate Wasp fans and don’t want them to be happy.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

iceyman posted:

Classic Betsy
Armored Outback Betsy
Captain Britain Betsy
Crimson Dawn Betsy
I'm sure there are some costumes in the 2010's that would have been better.

Counterpoint: that figure looks rad as gently caress.

I would gladly accept every other version of Psylocke though.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Counterpoint: that figure looks rad as gently caress.

I would gladly accept every other version of Psylocke though.

No argument that she looks fantastic. But ultimately she'll just end up in a plastic storage bin because there's not really a space for her on the shelf.

Gripweed posted:

Wow, we get it, you hate Wasp fans and don’t want them to be happy.

Exactly who I was thinking of regarding Louisgod's joke.

I still keep several old toybiz wasps just for the costume variety.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I still need a hasbro psylocke. I have a few placeholders for now.
Maybe I’ll finish my spreadsheet and post a wants list as well as some extra clearance I grabbed to sell.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1735446044278698445

Go get it.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

alright who ordered a Big Beefy Frieza

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The Ghost of Jacob Marley arrived today

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So a Tele-Viper, Swole Frieza and Ghost Marley walk into a bar.....

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

weird, he usually shows up for me about 10 days from now

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yesss! He looks great!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Joe Fisto posted:

The figure rules. Only gripe was having to "break" the harness to get it on Marley. Mankind was my business indeed.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Yesss! He looks great!

he really does. my big dbz figuarts wants were a new Namek SSJ Goku and this Frieza and they made them and they both look incredible. not really sure what I want from here aside from drivers ed Goku and Piccolo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

robot roll call posted:

he really does. my big dbz figuarts wants were a new Namek SSJ Goku and this Frieza and they made them and they both look incredible. not really sure what I want from here aside from drivers ed Goku and Piccolo

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

iceyman posted:

Classic Betsy
Armored Outback Betsy
Captain Britain Betsy
Crimson Dawn Betsy

Looking at this list again, I decided what they should really do is release a new 5-pack that is all Psylockes. I would buy that.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I would take a Children of the Atom box set with new jim lee versions of Psylocke, Iceman, Colossus, Storm, and (obligatory) Wolverine.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

The figure rules. Only gripe was having to "break" the harness to get it on Marley. Mankind was my business indeed.

I just pulled his arms off

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Not an empty quote

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

the sculpts are getting so good lately that it's redefining the whole line. I think Turles was the first one that made me go "whoa" and everything else since has been unreal. the 1.0s look like dragon stars in comparison

shame about the reliance on p-bandai though, the high price points and the $10 shipping with no warehouse option is really lovely. that's the only thing keeping me happy to admire from afar instead of diving back in

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It's a feast of Fists!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Joe Fisto posted:

I just pulled his arms off

I considered that too, but the resistance made me extremely concerned for the toy, hah.

I got the break idea straight from a 4H video, which kind of blew my mind.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 15, 2023