Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I hope it’s Hornswoggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well, that was pretty stupid too. Swerve did a home invasion angle, that was really bad from a lot of perspectives (where was mom? wow, look at Swerve cut a promo at this clearly empty crib. wow, this has no tension because obviously you can't punch a baby on TV. or, presumably, in real life either), but then he had one of the greatest matches in company history and he's getting a rocketpack push, and we're at the point where commentary is explicitly acknowledging that the audience just wants Swerve to win this tournament, and the dude isn't even wrestling like a heel anymore. He's getting a big push and is clearly about to turn babyface, because nobody wants to boo him.

Except he just broke into a guy's house and cut a promo on his baby.

So like. What the gently caress. Is he just gonna turn face without acknowledging that? I really loving hope not.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The PPV is in 2 weeks? 🙏 Only 2 more weeks of this Baloney please

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

The PPV is in 2 weeks? 🙏 Only 2 more weeks of this Baloney please

me every month since the devil arrived lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I couldn't remember, so I checked and this current Devil who jumps people with ninjas and isn't MJF (maybe) started Sep 29. Ten weeks of the devil's tricks

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

part of what makes it fun is that Roddy is a crazy nerd so he's either wrong and has reason to be even madder or he's right and has every reason to gloat. it's extremely basic storytelling and you don't have to twist yourself into a knot for it. the biggest flaw with the devil angle is that it started too early and did gently caress all for a cycle and has had a few effects that have been corny but a simple whodunit stable is a wrestling tale as old as time. I'm fine with it.

But in the spirit of this thread: loving hell that golden jets promo made me leave the room it was bombing so loving bad dude. I turned the volume down. At least Ricky went crazy and saved it from being a total wash. He has every right to be mad when almost every face he's feuded with lately has done some corny "you're not actually that cool" line when it's extremely extremely obvious to Us, The Viewers that Ricky is in fact Incredibly Cool. I don't want to hear that Ricky is just a cheap Rock or a cheap Enzo Amore! I want to hear people talk about how cool his outfits are but call him out for cheating to win the Owen or how he always chokes or something! It's clear that he was trying to get the train back on track by actually putting over the credibility of the tag team championships and Kenny's involvement in AEW but man it feels like the faces were struggling to give him an inch! I hope big bill stomps Jericho's face into paste. why the gently caress did they have to name-drop Enzo Amore I have no desire to hear his name!!!! the riffing was just bad!!! A bad spot on an otherwise very good episode

Okay that's enough Hell for me, y'all have fun in here

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

I couldn't remember, so I checked and this current Devil who jumps people with ninjas and isn't MJF (maybe) started Sep 29. Ten weeks of the devil's tricks

Now now, they completely abandoned it for like 4 of those weeks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sleep with the vicious posted:

Who cares anyway? Guys attack each other every week, why does it matter if someone does it in a goofy mask. Swerve broke into hangmans house to protect his baby that page left alone and he didn't need a mask

Imagine he was wearing a mask while he did it though

That's right, your blood ran cold just now. That's booking, baby

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The golden jets segment sucked, but I disagree that Ricky did anything better in it. The whole promo sucked rear end, no one entertained me at all. Not even Big Bill!

Andrade winning is rad, he's such a great wrestler. RUSH being mathematically eliminated is stinky poo poo from an rear end and he should bully Tony Khan for it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

So like. What the gently caress. Is he just gonna turn face without acknowledging that? I really loving hope not.

Swerve really needs to take a big L from Hangman before he actually gets his moment in the sun. Like, just a real measure of revenge for that poo poo. World Champion Hangman should beat challenger Swerve on PPV clean.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Swerve really needs to take a big L from Hangman before he actually gets his moment in the sun. Like, just a real measure of revenge for that poo poo. World Champion Hangman should beat challenger Swerve on PPV clean.

I would say so, yes! In lieu of that I would at least accept, like, a loving apology.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I don't know if there is a satisfying resolution to the Devil angle at this point. The Devil being MJF feels like a step backwards, and someone like Adam Cole or Jack Perry just feels like a letdown. Hangman would actually be a shocking and unique twist, but I don't know if I want to see Hangman as a heel. Multiple Devils Theory is fine, but for the twist to actually work, there has to be at least one shocking mastermind behind it all.

Anyway, Swerve should be the next world champ.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

"I'm sorry for breaking into your home when nobody was there and threatening that I could kill your child" I don't know, I feel he needs to get punched in the loving face

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hangman continues to be the most cohesive character AEW has and had.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Terrorizing The Weepy Wangman is a face move, no contradictions here

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I like how Kenny frantically had to go back to the goodnight bang stuff he hasn’t done in years to try and save it.

Kenny’s character works best when he’s sunglasses, cocky cleaner guy. He was great with Callis

Maybe Don is right about him…

He's been doing that, you gotta watch the show

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Watched the clip of that Kenny/Jericho segment, absolute death. Someone should be fired for that.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Personally I don't see them turning swerve face, i thought they were just shooting him up to be the Top Heel and maybe take the belt off MJF And be a heel champ.

re: ricky trying his best lmao yeah i haven't watched this week's dynamite yet but i did see clips of that segment and hoo. he was trying so hard. what the gently caress like, everyone in that promo can cut a good promo except big bill and he wasn't even the problem!!! i know jericho and kenny have better material than this!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

NienNunb posted:

Watched the clip of that Kenny/Jericho segment, absolute death. Someone should be fired for that.

Holy poo poo, you ain't kidding

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

years from now when i start up PPW (Pee Pee Wrestling), internet historians will dig up this thread when the booking starts getting bad...

I’m sure your fed will be too small for them to notice!!!!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
One of my favorite wrestlers of all time, Kenny Omega, was really bad in a really bad segment. And I don't know how to accept that.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
I would suggest taking any Kenny Omega merchandise you own and pile it on your front lawn, set it on fire, the lay down in front of it and loudly weep. Your neighbors will probably instantly understand what is going on.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
They should change their name to the Winnipeg Bombers after that segment.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Arn Anderson burned all of Cody's Kenny Omega shirts in a barrel...

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

ThePariah posted:

One of my favorite wrestlers of all time, Kenny Omega, was really bad in a really bad segment. And I don't know how to accept that.

He's always been an awkward guy and his promos have always been goofy, why is this a surprise? And it doesn't help that Ricky has NO improv ability at all, as soon as you surprise him he breaks kayfabe and gets offended. But yeah, I wouldn't have picked the golden jets to cut an in ring promo.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

NienNunb posted:

yup. Someone please save Ricky and Big Bill from the cringe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheHoosier posted:

yup. Someone please save Ricky and Big Bill from the cringe

Papa H… do your thing

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

we all know things are much better when ricky starks is on the Grayson Waller Experience.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Papa H… do your thing

They said save from cringe, not drown in it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tony should have listened to my advice (keep Big Bill with Brian Cage so they can do Road Warriors tribute act matches every other week)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

There were two problems with that segment and neither were Ricky Starks or Big Bill

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Tony should have listened to my advice (keep Big Bill with Brian Cage so they can do Road Warriors tribute act matches every other week)

The standing doomsday device was cool as gently caress and they should have just kept doing it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

There were two problems with that segment and neither were Ricky Starks or Big Bill

I liked how Ricky and Bill never actually got a promo because Chris just kept interrupting.

Fire Chris, just don't let Kenny do a promo that isn't to the audience at the end of the match or to the camera after the match.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

They should change their name to the Winnipeg Bombers after that segment.

Dece

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris Jericho don't bury talent challenge [Impossible]

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Pair Jericho up with the Hardys and have them job to Top Flight as punishment for sucking the enjoyment out of seeing Kenny Omega on TV

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I can't tell if Starks has the best or worst poker face, because he absolutely looked annoyed at the end of that, lmao. Between this poo poo and the dumb promo with Edge, this man has got to be sick of it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Chris Jericho grinning as he realizes his Enzo comment gets to bury 3 guys at once and 2 of them don't deserve it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jericho also thinks folks need to leave aew to go under the vince learning tree. He's a real dum dum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

if what i’m reading about WBD is true…

congratulations jungle jackass and the dumb fucks. you killed aew