Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Mustached Demon posted:

Spoilering for whatever:

Inarius went turbo divorced dad and tried to murder his ex. Lilith beat his rear end and now he's in hate demon jail.

Lilith was injured and the player commits matricide like a jerk. Lilith now in demon time out (where dead demons go).

Other demon in the demon sack is Mephisto, Diablos brother and lord of all things hateful. He's one of the big three demons. He was nearly reformed after demon time out being killed a trillion times in Diablo 2. What's her face stabs him with a soul stone and traps him in there. Well it's still a soul stone and he will break free in the first expansion. Assuming we'll get to kill him again and again since the titles about hatred. Mephisto got what he wanted though definitely.

I think Inarius is dead dead. When they go out like that I think their energy or w/e goes back to heaven and they form a "new" angel with different name etc... at least I think that's how it worked in D3 but Blizz might be ignoring that. Lilith might be dead dead too since she isn't a prime. I think it's only the primes that are connected to the fabric of reality basically so you can't actually kill them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
What about all the random named demons we keep killing in every game

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tokubetsu posted:

I think Inarius is dead dead. When they go out like that I think their energy or w/e goes back to heaven and they form a "new" angel with different name etc... at least I think that's how it worked in D3 but Blizz might be ignoring that. Lilith might be dead dead too since she isn't a prime. I think it's only the primes that are connected to the fabric of reality basically so you can't actually kill them.

Honestly not sure about Inarius. If he's dead, he's dead but a new angel spawns with his powers. It sort of implies that the angry soul pillars grabbed him and that's what I meant by jail. Depends on what really happened to that deadbeat dad.

All demons, instead, go to demon time out upon death where they reform eventually. Izual is a good example of one that's not one of the 7 lords. Also that act 2 dude you poo poo can in the coolest fight of the game.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 13, 2023

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
3 words of hakkans in 3 dungeons, still using a blue offhand because i've not seen anything within 150 ilvl of it. love the new drop system where i get uniques every dungeon makes it very cool when one drops

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Is there stuff about S3 yet to be announced? Or can we fully expect it to be abbatoir + some itemization changes?

The latter would actually mean a decrease in content for most folk.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It’ll be neither, Abattoir is S2 only and itemization is already slated for S4. There’ll probably be an Abattoir 2.0 though.

And we won’t hear any S3 specifics until whenever their first stream after new years is.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Orv posted:

It’ll be neither, Abattoir is S2 only and itemization is already slated for S4. There’ll probably be an Abattoir 2.0 though.

And we won’t hear any S3 specifics until whenever their first stream after new years is.

Ok ok, that sort of makes me hopeful.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

We've had one thing announced for S3: The Gauntlet. It's a weekly fixed layout dungeon where you compete on a leaderboard for the highest scoring run

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
I thought they were supposed to have changed helltides to 55 minutes on 5 minutes off or did I just imagine that they said that?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Next season

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

the christmas thing is boring

also grinding out the last of this renown is obnoxious, my season twisting blades rogue is 100 and can clear dungeons in like 3 seconds but I'm at 90% renown on my 65 launch necro who is slow as gently caress even on T1

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I haven't started the xmas event yet, are the cosmetics at least cross class or do you have to choose which class you want them on?

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I haven't started the xmas event yet, are the cosmetics at least cross class or do you have to choose which class you want them on?

there's a backpiece for each class and a skin for each weapon type, all separate unlocks

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tarnop posted:

We've had one thing announced for S3: The Gauntlet. It's a weekly fixed layout dungeon where you compete on a leaderboard for the highest scoring run

The Gauntlet sounds so boring to me :geno:

I know they launched without an endgame, but I'm still a little surprised that they didn't even had an idea for an endgame. I gave them too much credit in assuming they had something in mind but just didn't have time to complete it before launch. They truly are just throwing a bunch of stuff at the wall (boss target farming, abattoir, gauntlet) and hoping something sticks.

And then you have the whole, "We're listening to streamers to see what they think is a good idea!" which just makes me even more apprehensive. I don't want people who play games 40 hours a week helping Blizzard decide what would be fun for most people.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, once again I'm gonna say that Christmas event would have been perfect for start of season. I keep getting Ancestrals, while in wt3, that have a super low level requirement

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Shredder posted:

the christmas thing is boring

also grinding out the last of this renown is obnoxious, my season twisting blades rogue is 100 and can clear dungeons in like 3 seconds but I'm at 90% renown on my 65 launch necro who is slow as gently caress even on T1

i like the new world event thing where you have to blow up a bunch of frozen totems after lighting the cart on fire. the event escalating when you complete operational objectives, rather than just giving you a bigger loot chest at the end (and still making you kill waves or whatever objectives until the timer ends) is very destiny and i like that. if i can crush an event solo, keep making it harder for more rewards until i can't crush it any more

Shredder posted:

there's a backpiece for each class and a skin for each weapon type, all separate unlocks

i think also maybe a horse like flag or saddlebag cosmetic, but yeah iirc everything else is one and done. i'm not quite to the tier 3 camp, but current rate of acquisition of the currency to get the cosmetics is pretty high given that there are 5x50 currency cosmetics for the classes alone

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man, once again I'm gonna say that Christmas event would have been perfect for start of season. I keep getting Ancestrals, while in wt3, that have a super low level requirement

this has really been a positive impact on my outlook for the event. i've been busy for the first half of the season and not played much so now that im dancing between WT3 and 4, bonus XP and helltide + bloodtide + yuletide has been great for variety

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

goddammit, it's perfect.

I've just been doing yuletide (lol, christ...) whenever there is a Whisper Zone in it, and it's just the right amount of christmas activity

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

harrygomm posted:

i think also maybe a horse like flag or saddlebag cosmetic, but yeah iirc everything else is one and done. i'm not quite to the tier 3 camp, but current rate of acquisition of the currency to get the cosmetics is pretty high given that there are 5x50 currency cosmetics for the classes alone

If you unlock tier 3 you can earn 1/3 of a token per NM dungeon you do. It would only take 17 hours to earn a cosmetic if you can do a dungeon every 10 minutes.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

bamhand posted:

If you unlock tier 3 you can earn 1/3 of a token per NM dungeon you do. It would only take 17 hours to earn a cosmetic if you can do a dungeon every 10 minutes.

Lol I think the point of this is so you're getting enough free Tokens to get a Gileon Juice every couple runs. The christmas tokens rain from the skies if you're doing the bonfire event, but the NMD Trickle could stand to be a bit heavier!!!

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

It stinks

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Hello, I just finished the campaign for the first time with a sorcerer and switched to ball lightning build after I found a gravity ring. Now, everything just dies while I walk around. Almost reminds me of the Diablo 1 sorcerer. I looooove them balls!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

How do you get these? Are they in the yellow goodie bag?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

goddammit, it's perfect.

I've just been doing yuletide (lol, christ...) whenever there is a Whisper Zone in it, and it's just the right amount of christmas activity

i was pretty pleased with myself when i thought of it. if it's not in their media posts somewhere id be surprised

i find myself not wanting to buy the 15% elixirs even though they're only 1 CBUX because you need so many if them for the other cosmetics. kinda dumb cause ill be 100 by the time i have all the cosmetics, if i can last that long

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Hello, I just finished the campaign for the first time with a sorcerer and switched to ball lightning build after I found a gravity ring. Now, everything just dies while I walk around. Almost reminds me of the Diablo 1 sorcerer. I looooove them balls!

How do you get these? Are they in the yellow goodie bag?

Yes! It was in a yellow goodie bag. Also I am pretty sure the cost per goodie bag is higher in WT3 compared to WT1/2, if I recall.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
streamer man wudijo posted a video with a loop of events to run to farm the new currency. estimating about 50 currency/hour, with ~450 needed for the one-time purchase stuff alone, that's a pretty hefty investment of running loops in fractured peaks to get them all.

i think im just going to do NMD for my glyphs and leveling and see how much i unlock that way and then see if im going to do additional grind. also gives some time for them to potentially up the reward because of "we hear you" feedback i guess

although, in the spirit of exploit early exploit often, i could have everything done in less than 10 hours, and they might patch it to be worse...

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Got a shako off duriel! Hooray for me!

Still really squishy though, dying in zir3 feels bad. I got my blood glyph to level 3 and I think that's where I retire this rogue

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
it's kinda wild seeing how people have turned on shako, at least for rogue. it looks real hard to hit armor and resist cap for zir with as many uniques as you might want to equip (shako, tibaults, condemnation, penitent, doombringer) and since the +4 skills don't affect passives, shako doesn't seem that interesting other than as a peacocking item.

people have also stopped using tibaults + condemnation because while yeah it's a lot of damage, if you die because you're missing a shitload of DR on one of the two items you can get DR, turns out all that extra damage isn't good. so a lot of the uber uniques turn out to be "win more" items, rather than chase items, since they don't fit nicely into a Zir build, at least for the rogue builds i've been looking at. idk, is it the same for other classes and builds?

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

If you're not a barb or an injured build, shako is not good in zir

UnhealthyJoe
Aug 9, 2012
Any recommendations on a end game barb build for zir? I dont think i'll be able to do the snapshot stuff i'm seeing on youtube. I just want something a bit better than the maxroll build i have done. Thanks

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Warning: Bug: Cool: Don't use Domination or the execute function can kill your character!

https://youtu.be/L8hJ0irag6o?si=XB6QKuBdDTQB-LHk

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2YJlkiWGZM

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The only two problems with AoZ, per the community,

- No infinite difficulty?
- Max difficulty is too hard

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Has the stuttering gotten worse over the past couple months?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Apparently the Dominate vampiric power is bugged, allowing its instant kill effect to be triggered on the player character as well. :allears:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

dkj posted:

Has the stuttering gotten worse over the past couple months?

PC is unplayable for me (menus freeze when I move from one sub-menu to another, constant hitching and stuttering in general gameplay despite not reaching anywhere near 100% CPU/GPU usage) but PS5 runs flawlessly with zero stutters

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Circle Nine posted:

don't worry in like 2 days theyll say that they listened to feedback and made it 3% less grindy

https://x.com/pezradar/status/1735822307116146913?s=46&t=29pB9vitzX__O3Uh-3QG9Q

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

gently caress yes!! The frigid husks are insanely rewarding, and this makes that one public event even better since you blow up like 5 of the things

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Ok so I hit 50, finished the story, and got into World Tier 3. What's my priority list/flow chart of how to progress?

Ultimately I'd like to hit the battle pass cap and maybe level 100 if it seems reachable by end of season with casual play from here.

Should I be doing Lilith Statues? Any Renown grinding? I've mostly been just doing the midwinter event while getting up in levels.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

MJBuddy posted:

Ok so I hit 50, finished the story, and got into World Tier 3. What's my priority list/flow chart of how to progress?

Ultimately I'd like to hit the battle pass cap and maybe level 100 if it seems reachable by end of season with casual play from here.

Should I be doing Lilith Statues? Any Renown grinding? I've mostly been just doing the midwinter event while getting up in levels.

Max out renown on your first character for the extra build points. Do all the Lilith statues once. From now on you will have the skill point/ability point unlocks for every character you make.

Run vampiretides and helltides until you are at least 55-60, for both XP and to get legendary affixes that you can use for your build.

If your build is performing well (stuff dies really fast even though it's 5-10 levels above you), just do the t3 capstone.

Optimal XP is your level + 10 monsters. Level + 11+ doesn't provide extra XP benefit.

I am not sure what your class is so can't necessarily recommend items.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Name Change posted:

Max out renown on your first character for the extra build points. Do all the Lilith statues once. From now on you will have the skill point/ability point unlocks for every character you make.

Run vampiretides and helltides until you are at least 55-60, for both XP and to get legendary affixes that you can use for your build.

If your build is performing well (stuff dies really fast even though it's 5-10 levels above you), just do the t3 capstone.

Optimal XP is your level + 10 monsters. Level + 11+ doesn't provide extra XP benefit.

I am not sure what your class is so can't necessarily recommend items.

I'm running a two core rogue. Obviously nothing locked in for growth but I liked two core more than twisting after playing with both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Apparently maxing renown is the worst poo poo to do ingame, so you could probably skip that if it doesn't sound interesting.