Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Neito posted:

I cannot think of a room I'd rather be in less than Maher and Jorpson. Christ, the levels of smug must've been lethal.

I dunno telling both them they are massively privileged out of touch white guys who should shut the gently caress up repeatedly actually sounds pretty compelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Mr Interweb posted:

maher... seemed to have forgotten who jorp was for a few minutes

jorp too probably

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I knew Bill Maher was full of poo poo when Religulous came out. He somehow managed to be the insufferable atheist and still framed the Israel segments in a particularly pro-zionist light, being unfairly disparaging towards Islam in particular. Even 21-year-old me (who at the time was also kind of a right-wing shithead and just beginning to wake up from being an Israel apologist) was like "hold on, what the gently caress?"

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Bill Maher has always been a smug piece of poo poo. I try my best not to hate him but he makes it so hard. It's not even his opinions, some of them are OK, it's just that he's so goddamned dismissive of younger people, an ultra boomer.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
A lifetime bitch.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bill Maher can't be against abortions because of how frequently he terrorizes his ever-rotating cast of 25-year-old girlfriends into getting them.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Tarkus posted:

Bill Maher has always been a smug piece of poo poo. I try my best not to hate him but he makes it so hard. It's not even his opinions, some of them are OK, it's just that he's so goddamned dismissive of younger people, an ultra boomer.

He’s a “comedian” who isn’t funny.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

I AM GRANDO posted:

Bill Maher can't be against abortions because of how frequently he terrorizes his ever-rotating cast of 25-year-old girlfriends into getting them.

I can't imagine Bill Maher being with anyone other than Ann Coulter (and I did not consent to imagining this in the first place either! )

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Another Bill posted:

A lifetime bitch.

username checks out

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqFJ1-_U7bo

came across that video, and it goes really in depth about how much of an insanely hypocritical joke jorp's "clean your room" rule actually is. should caution that it's a bit on the long side, but it's pretty thorough and covers a lot of jorp's "do as i say not as i do" shenanigans that i haven't seen anyone else mention

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Some More News also did a jorperson segment that was thorough, just don't look at the time stamp.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

bird food bathtub posted:

Some More News also did a jorperson segment that was thorough, just don't look at the time stamp.

I don't normally sit through videos that long but SMN is one of the few channels I will, and that segment is easily some of their best work.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

oh yeah i'm well aware of that video. one of my favorites from that channel

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

It finally hit me where I'd heard Jorps accent before: Pritchard from Deus Ex Human Revolution.

God, can you imagine having Jorp as the voice in your ear in Deus Ex?

"Clean your room, Jensen!"
"What?"
"Jensen, I had a dream about my grandmother's pubes last night."
"... I never asked for this."

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I haven't seen any of these in a while.

https://twitter.com/TallBart/status/1734732608716800128

https://twitter.com/TallBart/status/1734540227992293594

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

All Matt Rife had to do was not be a shithead. He could skate by on his looks and middling talent for the rest of his life and be rich. Now he’s going to play Hogfucker, Arkansas for the rest of his life. lol

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

All Matt Rife had to do was not be a shithead. He could skate by on his looks and middling talent for the rest of his life and be rich. Now he’s going to play Hogfucker, Arkansas for the rest of his life. lol

Actually, maybe he's smarter than I gave him credit for. He could have skated by, sure, but he would have been forgotten in a year or two. Probably comfortable for life, but forgotten. Seems he's going in for the grifter route where you never see a big payday again, but there's always some lovely outlet you can pretend that it wasn't your mediocre talent that saw you fall out of the public eye, but wokeness or whatever, so you always know that you can consistently pay off your pool contractors or whatever.

Also, he looks like someone drew Cillian Murphy from memory, I don't understand what is and what isn't hot. Spent my life thinking I'm not hot because I think I have a weird face, but maybe that's hot?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mister Speaker posted:

I don't normally sit through videos that long but SMN is one of the few channels I will, and that segment is easily some of their best work.

SMN is good at having long videos that use their time really well. There's far to many hour and half plus videos where someone will take ten minutes to make a really simple point they could of made in half a minute if that.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Disco Pope posted:

Actually, maybe he's smarter than I gave him credit for. He could have skated by, sure, but he would have been forgotten in a year or two. Probably comfortable for life, but forgotten. Seems he's going in for the grifter route where you never see a big payday again, but there's always some lovely outlet you can pretend that it wasn't your mediocre talent that saw you fall out of the public eye, but wokeness or whatever, so you always know that you can consistently pay off your pool contractors or whatever.

Also, he looks like someone drew Cillian Murphy from memory, I don't understand what is and what isn't hot. Spent my life thinking I'm not hot because I think I have a weird face, but maybe that's hot?

He has sharp cheeks and jaw, but weird eyes. You don't have to have it all to pull it off. Performers are also considered attractive in general because confidence itself is attractive.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Agents are GO! posted:

It finally hit me where I'd heard Jorps accent before: Pritchard from Deus Ex Human Revolution.

God, can you imagine having Jorp as the voice in your ear in Deus Ex?

"Clean your room, Jensen!"
"What?"
"Jensen, I had a dream about my grandmother's pubes last night."
"... I never asked for this."

Hey at least Francis eventually stops being a dick when it matters, JoPro will always be brain broken.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DreadUnknown posted:

Hey at least Francis eventually stops being a dick when it matters, JoPro will always be brain broken.

yeah, when the chips are down, francis comes through and chills out for the most part.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

The funniest jokes begin with "actually"

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

The funniest jokes begin with a degree in Jungian psychology and end with a lobster obsession.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

spiritual bypass posted:

He has sharp cheeks and jaw, but weird eyes. You don't have to have it all to pull it off. Performers are also considered attractive in general because confidence itself is attractive.

That's probably how arbitrary pictures of Murphy from Peaky Blinders keep getting used as a backdrop for macho bullshit quote memes of things he never himself said.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Makes me sad to know he'll never make another post as funny as the chinese jackoff factory

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Makes me sad to know he'll never make another post as funny as the chinese jackoff factory

never say never!

also speaking of which:

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1735443055879319940

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Did they ever strip him of his license to practice or what?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Yeah, they’re looking for him. Looking for him to revoke the Ph.D. they awarded.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I AM GRANDO posted:

Yeah, they’re looking for him. Looking for him to revoke the Ph.D. they awarded.

Harvard gave him a degree? Christ, no wonder he’s insufferable.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I wonder if Jorp has seen the IDF corpse-jacking unit, I would like to know his thoughts.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Note how Jorp doesn't define what his reputation is FOR.

I also think Harvard wants someone who can use punctuation.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

That little :) at the end is so gross lol

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I know I've said it before, but: gently caress his use of the word "bloody". Stop it.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

mojo1701a posted:

I know I've said it before, but: gently caress his use of the word "bloody". Stop it.

Soory

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I don't really notice when people use terms like "bloody" that much, except in the case of jorp he puts emphasis on it like a child who's not normally allowed to swear.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Anglophiles are always extremely creepy. Oh, you need more petrol? For going on holiday? To the bedsit? gently caress off, genocide cosplayers.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

The Fattest PI posted:

I don't really notice when people use terms like "bloody" that much, except in the case of jorp he puts emphasis on it like a child who's not normally allowed to swear.

...my goodness, you're right (at least as I remember him saying it). Normally the emphasis is on the noun of the swear not the adjective, but Peterson seems to emphasize the word 'bloody' over the associated subject, and it sounds very off.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The Fattest PI posted:

It's also his Canadian accent. If he was British or Aussie etc it'd sound a lot more normal to my ears.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I think his accent is a bit more Kermese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm (east coast) Canadian as gently caress and I can't stand the way he talks. Not just his Kermit tone but his pronunciation. I mean, the fact that I hate everything he stands for probably factors into this.