Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

it’s because they’re cooked from fresh potatoes. you can usually see the potatoe cutter in the restaurant, it pushes the potatoes through a square grid cutter.

freshly cut potatoes make crappy limp fries. dicks in the Seattle area has the same problem for the same reason.

Five guys uses fresh and their fries are great

For when you want to spend $20 on a burg and fries anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

do they still bury your order in extra fries in the bag?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

loquacius posted:

Yeah I got animal-style fries and they had clearly been sitting under a heatlamp for too long. Was not impressed

That said though when California got a Dunks for the first time they had lines around the block and as a masshole I didn't get that either so who even knows

their fries are infamously poo poo
the burgers are good tho
you can just order two burgers instead of getting fries. thats my Tip.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

their fries are poo poo because they fry them once

you need to fry fries twice because otherwise the moisture in them forms a barrier that makes them soggy. places with frozen fries have the fries fried once before freezing, places with (good) fresh fries just fry them, take them out, and fry them again.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

frying twice? in this economy??

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

Looking at real wages trending lower than 2019 and laughing.

Better hope scouts futher dismantled abortion this summer. the dems are

why did they do anything about it last time?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I say potato

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

Not checking the source but this chart was 100% made by an insane libertarian

is actually this guy

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

is actually this guy

So, yeah, a textbook insane libertarian

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

blatman posted:

just lol if you didn't start stealing geese from the park the instant food prices started skyrocketing, i will eat like a honking king all winter

https://www.fws.gov/law/migratory-bird-treaty-act-1918

You basically can't kill any bird

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

street cats have killed billions of birds.

Do what you please in the United States of America.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

:tipshat: thank you for the reading professor

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Scarabrae posted:

why did they do anything about it last time?

Dems did better in the midterms because of abortion

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Am I misremembeing or were Canada Geese deliberately introduced into the United States as game fowl in the 70s or 60s or something

Because those assholes have it coming

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
they are shitheads like all avians

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Am I misremembeing or were Canada Geese deliberately introduced into the United States as game fowl in the 70s or 60s or something

Pretty sure they've been wintering in the US for millennia.

They love to eat park/lawn/golf course grass though so they're pretty well adapted to living near humans compared to most animals.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://nationalpost.com/news/new-york-solves-its-canada-goose-problem-by-feeding-them-to-pennsylvanias-poor

Lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
You got a problem with Canada gooses you got a problem with me and I suggest you let that one marinate!!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

If goose is anything like duck then that's good eatin'

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Birds poo poo on everything, constantly, it's like a loving faucet of poo poo. Geese are among the worst, and ducks. But turkeys are the number one avian shitter. You do not want to live next to a turkey farm.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
we got geese as pets when i was like 10

they poo poo in their sleep too

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Monkey Fracas posted:

They like me :shrug:. Its the loving swans that can go.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Canadian geese would set up in the summer at the amusement park I worked at

they always hung out at the food stand by the kiddie rides because they could charge at toddlers and make them drop food

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1734206650888691737

new sequel to CONGRESS CREATED DUSTBOWL will be CONGRESS CREATED POVERTY

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

FizFashizzle posted:

Ketogenic

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014488623001176

Now this is very early days and the reasons why aren’t understood but at the research lvl studies of ASD are often focused on the gut biota and GABA. Also why kids with Rhett’s or LGS do better on ketogenic diets. We’ll understand why in a century.

I don’t have the numbers handy but ASD has a higher incidence of Celiacs as well, and every patient I ever saw with ASD also had chronic constipation.

Have a big ol breaded and fried onion is like…the worst thing they could eat.

Thank you for this!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

“People think of goose as some sort of big Charles Dickens-like bird, as though they have to cook it in the oven for like six hours,” said Mr. Landers, who last fall held a goose-cooking event at a Virginia winery, where he cooked geese that had been eating the vineyard’s grapes. “But it doesn’t have to be that way. You can make fried goose. You can run it through a meat-grinder and make goose burgers.”

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

Canadian geese would set up in the summer at the amusement park I worked at

they always hung out at the food stand by the kiddie rides because they could charge at toddlers and make them drop food

geese are slick.

every year the local chamber of commerce holds an outdoor tasting event near the lake & this year all it took was the geese seeing the tents go up & they swarmed the property days before the food went out.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

build a giant net on our northern border and make the geese pay for it

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I don't know if they were introduced or not, but their superior trash-eating abilities have made them way overpopulated and they're slowly wiping out other bird species up in Canada when too many of them migrate up there and turf everyone else out of food and nesting grounds. In short, eating Canada Geese is environmentalist praxis.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

OhFunny posted:

I seem to recall reading that preppers in Argentia during its economic collapse in the 1990s mostly: killed themselves due to going mad from the extreme isolation or found out they could not in fact hold out against a village of desperate people. Let alone squads of unpaid, but still armed soldiers or police.

Don't even need to storm your compound in a hail of gunfire. A bunch of people can simply watch and wait in shifts until you finally fall asleep.

Yeah, the real answer is join the army, or if that doesn't exist anymore your nearest militia/mad max raider murder gang if you are deadset on going this route. People are going to smash your house or bunker open like a lootbox once they find it. People will always form groups.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
pro tip if you have a VPN and wanna buy cheapo video games set your region to Argentina in the coming months

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

AvesPKS posted:

You basically can't kill any bird

i could kill almost any bird barehanded in a fight, come on

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

steam recently put in place USD pricing for argentina and turkey so kinda missed the boat on that

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

BULBASAUR posted:

pro tip if you have a VPN and wanna buy cheapo video games set your region to Argentina in the coming months

welcome to china

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Minera posted:

you need to fry fries twice because otherwise the moisture in them forms a barrier that makes them soggy. places with frozen fries have the fries fried once before freezing, places with (good) fresh fries just fry them, take them out, and fry them again.

FizFashizzle posted:

Have a big ol breaded and fried onion is like…the worst thing they could eat.

some good synergy here. deep frying vegetables is a dumb runaway cultural meme.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
bird law in this country is not governed by reason

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Yeah, the real answer is join the army, or if that doesn't exist anymore your nearest militia/mad max raider murder gang if you are deadset on going this route. People are going to smash your house or bunker open like a lootbox once they find it. People will always form groups.

doomsday preppers solved this years ago

you just dig an elaborate series of spiderholes and vietcong tunnels around your doomsday bunker then live in the tunnels waiting to ambush anyone that approaches your house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSTxP-IzZlQ

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I thought you aren't allowed to hunt Canada geese? Maybe it's just a shorter season around here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

anime was right posted:

since the numbers on each side are different and its literally a single peak you could take any peak from anywhere and make that conclusion

they're offset (by 3) but the slope and time interval is nearly identical

Minera posted:

correct