Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Tiger Millionaire posted:

how times have changed since the era of your newest friend to Dota needs 100 games in Lich or CM before they can play any other role or hero

This has always been a racket to make newer players play Lich or CM for their experienced core friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Geight posted:

This has always been a racket to make newer players play Lich or CM for their experienced core friend

My friend has been doing VS or Jakiro. It's been great!

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
I wish there was a way to make random give you any hero, vs filtering out the 25 least played. Give me Meepo you cowardly game!

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Random should be only your 25 least played heroes imo

Infernot
Jul 17, 2015

"A short night wakes me from a dream that seemed so long."
Grimey Drawer

Geight posted:

That’s how I got roped in and they turned into my most played and favorite heroes to this day :cool:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Nothing feels better than when you get a competent Jugg or someone else who can get some early kills. Frostbite and Crystal Nova are just so loving strong.

Those games where you look down and apparently have enough for a Blink Dagger are the best. Getting a good Freezing Field is the most 10/10 in this game

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Random should be only your 25 least played heroes imo

Hell, give us two random options

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

^That is the most cowardly thing I've ever heard :colbert:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
1 win in single draft hell, 4 to go. I quit this time I swear.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

mute all sources of chat and play to gently caress around with mechanics imo

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

leave chat on so that you can say "?" whenever someone dies

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

cock hero flux posted:

leave chat on so that you can say "?" whenever someone dies

that's what tips are for

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I miss least played queue too. At least everyone knew no one knew what was happening

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Mr.Acula posted:

mute all sources of chat and play to gently caress around with mechanics imo

Honestly, I ranted a bit but I had two really fun games last night, i went 1 for 2, but atleast I'm 1 win closer.

- really fun game with Snapfire (first time with her) that was competitive and a lot of fun. Went P4, and slapped. I thought that Cookie was vector targeting but it looks like just works like force staff where you're blasted the way your facing?
- Second game I went p5 Marci and we slapped them in lane, she's really powerful if you can get positioning down. We end up losing because our mid sniper when two wraitbands into feeding all game. had he gone MKB we'd have won for sure.

What I'm saying is stop worrying and embrace the single draft, learn some heroes and git gud

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The Frostivus 2023 Update is Here!

https://www.dota2.com/newsentry/3884981125532748791

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I used to play a lot support snap before she became a mid that got nerfed hard. Your right in that cookie is essentially a force staff for using on teammates. Imo it works best as a follow up stun after your initiator has blinked in and used their melee range stun and the enemy starts to run away. Combos well with heroes like axe, slardar and spirit breaker in my experience.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.35

Added new Roshan ability Roar of Retribution. If attacked by the team that last killed him, Roshan will release a roar that is heard globally, damages all units in 900 AoE and applies a debuff on them that increases incoming damage by 25%. Triggers when Roshan's health drops below 80%. Damage: 50. Damage Bonus per Minute: 10. Debuff Duration: 8s. Cooldown: 20s

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
patch 7.35 is out too. new neutral items and more but no new hero.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Fountain now deals 25% splash damage in a 250 radius around the target

Finally PL can’t fountain dive

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Guardian Angel

Ability reworked

Now a single target ability with a 900 Cast Range

lame

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The Abominable Snowbeast 😍

edit: EXP Range Indicator SPROINK

Divine Rapier
Now also provides +25% Spell Amplification

:supaburn:

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 15, 2023

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Excellent patch no notes

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Heh, apparently if you open your present and there's a lump of coal inside it activates a ban on your account. They were being super literal.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Probably gonna give me more low priority games as a present

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

we did it

Fixed Lotus Pool lotuses not spawning at the exact minute mark

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://clips.twitch.tv/CheerfulFrozenLaptopMcaT-u70lacgn1Q8z8DzN

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ok this is fantastic

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

NtotheTC posted:

ok this is fantastic

letting him play until opening it is so loving funny

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Amazing

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

:perfect:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hello, this is masondota2 of fromer EG and Digital Chaso glory. I come to you with hat in hand, asking for a second chance. I have given 15 years of my life to this game, and I foolishly was upset with the new Behavior Score system. I kept getting reported seemingly no matter what I did and was very frustrated with my situtation of not being able to use my mic and coordinate with my team to try and win the game to my fullest ability. I seemed to get reported and lose communication score no matter how I behaved or acted, and this made me do an action I regretted very shortly after in which I hired a booster to boost my behavior score, but after 1 day I cancelled their order and stopped them. I gained almost no behavior score or communication score during this period of time and I resumed playing on the account with muted communication and tried my best to "fix my behavior" on my own

I have been for better or worse a part of this community for almost as long as the game has been alive. I've streamed thousands of hours of dota and I still enjoy and love the game to this date, even if it frustrates me at times and makes me act in ways which I am ashamed of, but in the end, I think a lot of people feel this way. Sometimes we say and do things we know we shouldn't, and it'sn ot right but it is human. I ask that you understand this feeling and my case and give me a second chance. I'd take a suspension, as I did violate the terms and service, but I feel taht a permanent ban is very severe. I understand wanting to make an example out of me, but I ask you reconsider my freinds of Valve. I am sorry my brothers and sisters.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Kild posted:

Hello, this is masondota2 of fromer EG and Digital Chaso glory. I come to you with hat in hand, asking for a second chance. I have given 15 years of my life to this game, and I foolishly was upset with the new Behavior Score system. I kept getting reported seemingly no matter what I did and was very frustrated with my situtation of not being able to use my mic and coordinate with my team to try and win the game to my fullest ability. I seemed to get reported and lose communication score no matter how I behaved or acted, and this made me do an action I regretted very shortly after in which I hired a booster to boost my behavior score, but after 1 day I cancelled their order and stopped them. I gained almost no behavior score or communication score during this period of time and I resumed playing on the account with muted communication and tried my best to "fix my behavior" on my own

I have been for better or worse a part of this community for almost as long as the game has been alive. I've streamed thousands of hours of dota and I still enjoy and love the game to this date, even if it frustrates me at times and makes me act in ways which I am ashamed of, but in the end, I think a lot of people feel this way. Sometimes we say and do things we know we shouldn't, and it'sn ot right but it is human. I ask that you understand this feeling and my case and give me a second chance. I'd take a suspension, as I did violate the terms and service, but I feel taht a permanent ban is very severe. I understand wanting to make an example out of me, but I ask you reconsider my freinds of Valve. I am sorry my brothers and sisters.

lock him up

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kild posted:

Has he scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule yet?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

you can still build medallion by the way, just buy the components and it auto-builds in your inventory

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Was at a christmas party yesterday and missed the entire update. hopefully I can get some games in today, really want to try my boy Lion now that Mana Drain does 120 (!) DPS holey moley

Kild posted:

:sickos:

NtotheTC posted:

you can still build medallion by the way, just buy the components and it auto-builds in your inventory

lol classic :gaben:

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

IMHO mason deserves the ban and also deserves the unban

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I agree except for the unban part

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Probably gonna give me more low priority games as a present

Do they still let teammates que into low priority games? Happy to try and carry one sometime, I can't recall if they let non- LPQ join someone in party these days.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

DNK posted:

IMHO mason deserves the ban and also deserves the unban

why does mason deserve the unban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Spiking posted:

Do they still let teammates que into low priority games? Happy to try and carry one sometime, I can't recall if they let non- LPQ join someone in party these days.

IDK, but if you want I'm probably going to queue up in one half hour for a game during my lunch break?

I'm down to just needing two more to win. I got lucky and was given CM for a couple games, and she absolutely slaps at low ranks.