Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
He isn't coming back to LA after this game. Congrats ross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Richard M. Staley

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

That was a spectacular coaching suicide.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

has a coach ever been fired on a friday after a thursday game before?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Parallax posted:

There’s still half an hour to fire him on Thursday.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Parallax posted:

Has a coach ever been thrown out the loading dock of the stadium like Jazzy Jeff on a Thursday before?

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Feed staley to the sphere

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Chargers played to a tie in the second half. Staley has em headed in the right direction imo, give him another year

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Parallax posted:

dunno about Friday, but Matt Patricia (and Bob Quinn) got fired the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2020. They were dead men walking after getting shut out by the at the time 3-7 Panthers the Sunday prior

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
One of McDaniels's last games in Denver was similar: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201010240den.htm

Bad coaching is a flat circle

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

if Staley isn't fired 12 minutes from now contract the Chargers.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Sacrifice Staley to Al Davis.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If Staley is allowed to return with the team the league should ban the chargers forever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Everyone knew he was already gone at the end of the year. They should put him out of his misery.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Fire both coaches

Staley for being trash
Pierce for not slamming down the gas for the record.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

If Staley is somehow not fired the Chargers should spend all remaining games taking turns giving him a wedgie on the sidelines

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Fire both coaches

Staley for being trash

He had the opportunity to get a divisional rival fired AND set an NFL all time record and he didn't take smdh :mad:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Fire both coaches

Staley for being trash

The scoring record going to the AoC led, sub .500 Raiders under an interim coach a couple weeks after firing McDaniels would be an incredible bit of NFL bar trivia. Definitely a missed opportunity!

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

a neat cape posted:

I think we might see Staley gone after Thursday's game.

Just a hunch

Like babe ruth calling his shot.

Giving up 60 points to a team 4 days after they scored (3) points i uh, don't know what else you'd need to see from brandon staley.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

adaz posted:

Like babe ruth calling his shot.

Giving up 60 points to a team 4 days after they scored (3) points i uh, don't know what else you'd need to see from brandon staley.

A new coach is just the beginning.

The Telesco and Staley era have gotten the Chargers into an awful cap situation and it's gonna take a while to get out of it. It's gonna be another year or two of rebuilding before we're even ready to try and contend again.

Just a waste.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Staley should be fired (into the Sun) yesterday but this is the Chargers we're talking about. They don't do sensible things.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

a neat cape posted:

A new coach is just the beginning.

The Telesco and Staley era have gotten the Chargers into an awful cap situation and it's gonna take a while to get out of it. It's gonna be another year or two of rebuilding before we're even ready to try and contend again.

Just a waste.

40 mil over the cap, and another 20 mil wasted in JC jackson in 2024 sure is a thing yikes didnt realize it was that bad

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

adaz posted:

40 mil over the cap, and another 20 mil wasted in JC jackson in 2024 sure is a thing yikes didnt realize it was that bad

Now look at what Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Khalil Mack, and Joey Bosa make next year and what their dead cap hits are

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Dec 15, 2023

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Letting the team that scored *checks notes* zero points on Sunday put 63 on you on a short week.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Parallax posted:

The Rams were complete cowards and fired Jeff Fisher on a Tuesday before a TNF game so that we wouldn't get the all time loss record.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Let's see if the Boy Genius can "4th down conversion" his way out of this one

63-21

Ah, well. Nevertheless.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well after a rough start the chargers did score 21 points to the raiders 21. A good rebound for your boy

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Wait Staley hasn’t been canned yet???

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

Spanos is super cheap and probably doesn't care to pay someone else to suck too lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bellmaker posted:

It's still 6:48 on west coast time.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah they're probably not even in the building yet. I'll be more worried if noon passes and we don't get any news yet.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Plus it's a pretty long walk from Vegas.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Now look at what Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Khalil Mack, and Joey Bosa make next year and what their dead cap hits are

cocaine is OVER it's cap hit shocks that I crave. 2024:

Allen: cap hit: $34,717,500 dead cap: $11,617,500
Williams: cap hit: $32,460,000 dead cap: $12,460,000
Mack: cap hit: $38,517,500 dead cap: $15,267,500
Bosa: cap hit: $36,611,666 dead cap: $22,223,335

I'm not an NFL contract scientist but it looks like 2 or 3 of these guys have to go.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Headlines: after loss Staley believes he deserves to remain Chargers head coach

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Headlines: after loss Staley believes he deserves to remain Chargers head coach

How does it keep up with the news like that..?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Bumhead posted:

How does it keep up with the news like that..?

Looks like those clowns in the Chargers organization did it again. What a bunch of clowns.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Patsperfect_/status/1735503342137131183?t=GavJscOQ6fSIkeuixygMpA&s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Congrats Ross

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1735707955541225938

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Didn't even capitalize the sentence